Gerard Butler GALS

New Pics of Gerry 6.5.08

I felt really sad when seeing the video and the last set of pictures. And if anybody sent him there on purpose (to have more publicity), it is even worse (how disrespectfully they treat even such stars). But he handled it really wonderfully! The pictures were really nice, but he deserves much more respect from people around him (well, I am not speaking about paparazzis, they are disrespectful by definition, I do not believe a honest person can do such a disgraceful "profession")!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Edited by Donnie
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The woman with the backless top on looks like she is wearing roller skates!! I can't see the video since it's on YouTube and blocked at work. I'll maybe watch it later from home, or maybe I won't. Like Jilly and Lisa I hate having the illiusion crushed - I love his beautiful smile in some of the pictures and hate to think he was royally peshed off by it all. It is a shame that that is a price of fame, but I do still laugh a bit about it, considering his first "taste" of it was as an extra in The Bodyguard in a crowd scene, and then he has that scene as Marty Claymore where he is knocked to the ground and surrounded by fans. Yet he still wanted more of it, and now he is the one who has people hounding him for real. It's a lifestyle I would never, ever, want myself.

question..why does the caption read filming in la for these pics in the gallery??

aww poor fella... "thanks for fooking up my day" he needs to go all russell crowe on them....!!!!

lisa.... dont watch it...leave your curiosity at the door,it will only ruin your day... not worth it...

Edited by nance

I am still really disturbed by the new pics. I know in my heart that he chose this life. This is part of fame and he wanted to be known as a good actor. This is the price.

I can't even imagine what it's like having all those people in your face, taking your picture. Yelling your name, following you around. What an awful part of the job.

Those razzis are . . . inhuman.

:wuv: I love you so much, Gerry . . . just stay safe.

I a speechless......... :drool1::pant:

I am back froma horrible day of work and first thing I see is this thread and those gorgeous pictures!!

Thank you all girls for that :kiss:

You have already said it all....he looks amazing.....he is definitely back in the gym working out and those jeans and white shirt. :yummy: ........hoepfully I will have sweet dreams tonight :wuv:

But then I saw the video on Youtube....gosh..the razzis are really scary....that video seems to go on forerver and also them chasing Gerry....poor him...I know, I know, he is a famous actor and he should/could expect things like that but for me as a viewer it has been a very upsetting thing to watch, I will think more than twice before doing a similar thing again.....I admire him, I wold have gone mad in the same situation, he handled it very well although it must have not been easy, well done baby!! :wuv:

That was terrible. TERRIBLE. I am mad for him right now. People have no class at all. That man was on the damned phone and they couldnt leave him alone. He is far nicer than I would have been. I'd be a female Sean Penn. That is for sure. I dont even like when my kids hound me if Im on the phone. Grrrr!

I'm not really disturbed by the video. Gerry behaved like a gentleman and got through it. If that was a photo-op set up by his publicist, I guess I just don't understand the whole game.

In any case, by now the man has had enough experience to know he's become fodder for the press. I'm just glad that even when he finds the experience distasteful, he usually does not resort to anger.

But my question is this. If Gerry knows he's going to be photographed at a certain place, at a certain time.... why even look surprised at all? Why not just go with the flow and let them take the pics. Is he just "acting" then, when he complains or tries to get away from the photogs?

I don't get it :lalala:

Swannie

:tantrum: There's a difference between chosing to become an actor because you love the art, and being chased like an animal. I think there should be laws and regulations implemented to control the paparazzi who are out of control. Actors are entitled to their private life too. I agree that they chose to become popular, but I think there should be a limit to what these bozos can do. Imagine if Gerry had a family with small children! They would have been terrified. Heck! I would be terrified faced with a situation like that one and I work in close relation with the medias. I've been faced with mobs of journalists before, but it has always been done with professionalism and respect for the person being interviewed. The paparazzi have no respect, they don't care for Gerry or the other artists they are harassing and therefore, they should be controlled by law.

Can't the governor of California pass a law against them?

I would be throwing the F Bomb around so much if I had to deal with those people. I really just can't imagine how annoying that must be. And I'd love to meet Gerry like everyone else but I sure wouldn't be after him along with the paparazzi hounding him. I just wouldn't lower myself to that level, I don't think. Yes, like you all said, I love to see new pics of Gerry but I hate how some of them are taken.

I had thought there was discussion of making some type of laws or regulations in LA because of the paparazzi. Anyone else hear anythng about it?

Being one of the first to post a reaction to that video.....I was a bit scared to voice my opinion. I'm glad you all feel the same. I just felt so uncomfortable watching it.

I'm sorry Gerry....for this harassment you have to endure. We love you, we love seeing new pictures of you...I'm just sad and uncomfortable with the stalking you go thru to give us these moments pleasure. You handled it well. Continue to always to the high road.

I don't know why am I apologizing to him here....he will never read it. I just felt I needed to get it off my chest. I felt dirty.

:bow2:

Thanks Gerry!

lol

Edited by isaboo

Whilst it disturbed me initially the more I looked at it - yes I have looked at it more than once - haven't you?? :funnyup: - and on quite a few occasions that female photog said "I warned you not to go that way" and somebody else said "why did you come to Robertson" insinuating Gerry should know that it is a well known papz haunt. So part of me feels whilst nobody likes to be hounded he could have taken her advice and there would have been none of what we saw - the downside would be none of these gorgeous photos - which in my opinion are the best I have seen of him all year. He did handle himself very well and I am proud of him for not swearing or giving the birdy which appears to be the norm these days with Gerry :funnyface:

Regardless of how they came to be these photos are the tonic alot of us have been badly needing. Some jeans designer needs to give him a contract immediately as nobody fills a pair of jeans like our Gerry :funnyup:

Moira

:tantrum: There's a difference between chosing to become an actor because you love the art, and being chased like an animal. I think there should be laws and regulations implemented to control the paparazzi who are out of control. Actors are entitled to their private life too. I agree that they chose to become popular, but I think there should be a limit to what these bozos can do. Imagine if Gerry had a family with small children! They would have been terrified. Heck! I would be terrified faced with a situation like that one and I work in close relation with the medias. I've been faced with mobs of journalists before, but it has always been done with professionalism and respect for the person being interviewed. The paparazzi have no respect, they don't care for Gerry or the other artists they are harassing and therefore, they should be controlled by law.

Can't the governor of California pass a law against them?

First of all, it's not just a California problem. It happens EVERYWHERE in the world. Second, it was the death of Diana that prompted some talk about creating some type of legislature about it. However, these guys have their job because of a little thing called the Bill of Rights - the Freedom of the Press. If we take away their rights, then where does it end?

Stopping political discussion NOW . . .

I am more convinced now than ever that this was completely set up by Gerry's people. If he was warned not to go down Robertson and he didn't listen, he knew exactly what he was getting himself into. I'm sure Jeremy was on call, waiting for Gerry to call him to come get him when he'd had enough.

This IS part of Gerry's job. Even if he did have a small family, this is the job. Sarah Jessica Parker was just talking about this on TV, and honestly, when you become a very, very well-known celebrity - and there ARE no laws against razzis - it's part of the job. I haven't seen the video, probably won't, but you can tell he doesn't mind too, too much. He has a pretty good relationship with the razzis, so he knows what he has to do. Again - part of the job.

AND look what this did for Gerry!!! He was being COMPLETELY overshadowed by Katherine Heigl and HER publicity. It was his turn! And it worked! Good for him! Besides, how sexy is it to watch your man do his job? :cunning:

You know, I'm probably in the minority here but I didn't think the video was that bad. Sure, the razzi are a pain but in the grand scheme of things, I think Gerry still enjoys a lot of freedom from them. I mean, really how often does he get followed by the razzi like this during his private time (aside from leaving Villa, Goa, or Hyde -- which you don't go to if you don't want to deal with the razzi)?

All actors like attention or they wouldn't do what they do for an audience. However, I'm sure situations like what we saw on this video can grate on one's nerves. Heck, I dodge shootings and road rage on the Dallas highways daily - which grate on mine.

I guess I just see it as part of the profession and if and when it gets unbearable, he will avoid those types of situations. A lot of great actors are never in the press because they chose to separate themselves from those "scenes".

Bravo to Gerry for handling these situations with grace under fire.

Edited by Dallas

Whilst it disturbed me initially the more I looked at it - yes I have looked at it more than once - haven't you?? :funnyup: - and on quite a few occasions that female photog said "I warned you not to go that way" and somebody else said "why did you come to Robertson" insinuating Gerry should know that it is a well known papz haunt. So part of me feels whilst nobody likes to be hounded he could have taken her advice and there would have been none of what we saw - the downside would be none of these gorgeous photos - which in my opinion are the best I have seen of him all year. He did handle himself very well and I am proud of him for not swearing or giving the birdy which appears to be the norm these days with Gerry :funnyface:

Regardless of how they came to be these photos are the tonic alot of us have been badly needing. Some jeans designer needs to give him a contract immediately as nobody fills a pair of jeans like our Gerry :funnyup:

Moira

Moira -- very good points. As I have said earlier in this thread -- he was eating lunch ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE IVY. The Ivy is the place everyone goes to be photographed. The razzi is always there. It's not surprising that they would turn around and start snapping him eating his salad.....

Part of his job is to be seen.

Guest Winter Angel

I love them Picts but not how they were taken. I feel so bad for Gerry now. I mean, yeah you can tell that he knew what he was getting into but come on! The razzi need to show more respect.

Gerry,

I am so sorry you had to go through that. But I also wanted you to know that you handled yourself very well. I am so proud of you. Even though this incedent was h*** for you, the way you carried yourself has made me admire you even more. Please continue to remain the man that I love and please be careful.

Okay, I got it off my chest.

Angel

I agree this is a problem everywhere, not just LA. While it IS part of the job of being a celebrity....I think the razzi are really getting out of control and crossing the line too much. I guess its just something they learn to live with. It's the price they pay for being famous. It's just uncomfortable to watch it happening.

You are right though Moira...

Regardless of how they came to be these photos are the tonic alot of us have been badly needing.

Look at how many pages of posts this topic has made and those pictures haven't even been up 24 hours.

Guest DonnaKat

I'm wondering how long the paps are going to keep this up before someone gets physically injured (or worse). It would have been funny if a police officer would have stepped in and went all whoop arse on them.

That chick in the white...omg. Put some da*n clothes on, woman!

Sorry...had to say that.

I'm wondering how long the paps are going to keep this up before someone gets physically injured (or worse). It would have been funny if a police officer would have stepped in and went all whoop arse on them.

That chick in the white...omg. Put some da*n clothes on, woman!

Sorry...had to say that.

I thought the same thing Donna... especially when you see her squatting down to take his pic from that angle. I'm sure if there was anyone behind her, they got quite a show.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Nah, Donna - it had to be said . . . :scared:

Sadly, worse already happened - to Princess Diana. The razzis were chasing her car when they crashed, so it's already happened but no one has learned from it. At least these guys usually only walk with Gerry and don't chase him in the car. At least I haven't seen that.

But Gerry is a man of class; he would NEVER be like Sean Penn, and while many of us might feel that he would have the right to, I would be so disappointed with him if he did. He handles things with maturity and respect. Even though the razzis don't show him the same respect, Gerry shows them respect by not talking badly to them. I applaud and admire his reserve and patience.

That being said, they could pass a distance law for the razzis. I think THAT would be the only way legislature that compromises the Constitution would fly.

Hey-that's a good idea! Let's start a petition! :lol: We could propose a Bill to Congress, and dedicate it to Diana. Yeah, I'm still stuck on that . . .

Lisa

Guest DonnaKat

Yes, poor Princess Di. I was so heartbroken when that happened to her. She was a classy woman who I held in very high esteem, and they hounded her like a piece of meat. She left this world far too early, and with too much potential to do even more good than she did in her short life.

Those paps in that video...the only word I can think of to describe it is CLASSLESS. That is one of the most tacky, distasteful displays of razzi behavior I've seen yet. Granted, I don't watch a lot of them and I'm sure there are worse, but still...completely and utterly trashy.

If I were them, I'd be embarassed for myself.

I've seen the video..

First of all I love hearing his laughter :wuv: Its like a song to me

Secondly I love how he giggles and enjoys when the stupid razzis hit something or fall

and finally is it me or did he use the American accent there? :confused:

Edited by solen

You know.....when I hear him speak lately.....I hear less and less of his Scottish accent. He needs to go back home and spend some time in Scotland so that accent becomes more prominent again. Thats part of what makes him so sexy!

I've seen the video..

First of all I love hearing his laughter :wuv: Its like a song to me

Secondly I love how he giggles and enjoys when the stupid razzis hit something or fall

and finally is it me or did he use the American accent there? :confused:

I heard it too. When he said the corner of Robinson and Third --- "Third" was with an American "r" not rolled. Maybe he's using an American accent in TUT. I'm not crazy about his American accent. His mouth is all contorted and looks funny with that accent. It looks more natural when he is speaking with a Scottish accent and out of the side of his mouth. It's cute. The Scottish accent is the only way to go IMHO!

Edited by Dallas

Oh, I have no doubt that there will be a day when Gerry let's loose with the f-bombs on the razzi. He's Scottish, he's got a temper, and he doesn't usually put much of a filter between what he thinks and what he says. So it's just a matter of time. But I agree with Moira and others who have said if he was warned not to go that way and did anyways, he knew what he was in for. Also he was eating across the street from one of the most well-known razzi haunts in the world. People who have never been anywhere near L.A. or Hollywood know about The Ivy and every person in the business knows it is the place to go to be seen. I believe he knew it was going to happen, I still think it was probably intentional - maybe his publicist made his lunch reservation for him! That doesn't mean that when the razzi are rude and don't know when to stop that it won't annoy the crrrrrap out of him, rightfully so. But it's part of the profession he chose, and as others have mentioned there are big, big name stars who are NEVER caught by the razzi because they never hang out at the places where the razzi hang.

I've heard talk of laws (if they aren't already in place) that would prevent the razzi from chasing celebrities in their car. If that law doesn't exist it certainly should. When you are walking down a sidewalk you aren't endangering the celebrity's life, when you chase their car that is way too dangerous.

Oh, and the reason for the mis-labeling of the pictures in our gallery is that our dear Barb (becozy) is without a computer due to a hard drive crash so she was on a library computer and only had a few minutes to get some pictures uploaded to the gallery. To save time she put them in an album that already existed. I'm sure when Stef gets on line in a little while she'll get that all fixed up, and she'll get the rest of the JJ pictures loaded.