Gerard Butler GALS

6/7 - Madonna nursed me through film illness...

Swansong

I have ALWAYS loved Madonna. :)

In a NLW, of course.

I agree. My favorite will always be 80's Madonna. True Blue, baby!

AND she got to give Gerry a vitamin injection in his tushy!! Lucky girl got to have him drop trou and bend over in front of her!!

Gerry is the best, he's got such a great personality to go with all those good looks, which is apparent by all the new pics available...Madonna was truly, truly blessed to get to nurse him back to health...and I thank her for taking care of our special guy!

He misses home...I hope he gets to go home soon and visit!

I have ALWAYS loved Madonna. :)

In a NLW, of course.

I agree. My favorite will always be 80's Madonna. True Blue, baby!

I have the Immaculate Collection DVD on my iPod. I love her older stuff. The whole "Like a Prayer", "Crazy For You" time . . .

AND she got to give Gerry a vitamin injection in his tushy!! Lucky girl got to have him drop trou and bend over in front of her!!

Hmmm, what would be the perfect Madonna song for that moment...??

Borderline? :lmao:

He quit smoking 10 months ago and has been tea-total for a number of years after partying a lot in his twenties.

This is brilliant!

Being sober no doubt helps to keep the Hollywood scene in proper perspective. Because Hollywood is chock full of bull. lol...

I can't keep up with all of his movies! He's a busy man.

I like Madonna too. And not simply because I live in the town where she was born. Which is also the namesake for that tartan clad band "The Bay City Rollers."

Whoa......I'm having a 6 degrees of separation moment right now.

Thanks Swasong for the lovely artikcle, it is nice to hear that he is a down-to-earth person, he is intelligent and smart.

yes, he does sound a bit homesick but if I have to base it on my experience, i have to say that unfortunately that is the price to pay when you live abroad and away from your loved ones because of your work. It is something that comes and goes, it will pass for him too...

don't give up Gerry!

:2cents:

I think it's sad if his 'bracelets' are a thing of the past :lol:

I just wish he would put his neckchain and pendant back on. God, that was so sexy, and so Scottish. I just loved it. He could wear the one very masculin braclet and get away with it easily. But the neckchain was the cat's meow. I really loved it a lot.

Thanks Swannie.....this was a welcoming article. He is so down to Earth and I hate to say it but I think he is truly homesick!

:wave: Frannie

Yeah, I got the homesick vibe too. Poor guy.

I'M HOMESICK FOR SCOTLAND TOO GERRY AND I'VE NEVER LIVED THERE!!!!!!! :sick::tissues:

Great article and I too will miss his bracelets, but I do understand his reasoning behind it. I can imagine taking all those bracelets off and putting them all on again. I think I read in another article that he sometimes misplaces them when he has to take them on and off so much.....

~ Donna Lee

I'm sorry to hear that he's been sick so often when filming. I suppose he works so much he doesn't get a chance to stop and recuperate. If he came back to Scotland, I would gladly nurse him back to health. :yummy: We could even have a walk along the beach without the paps following him, at least for a while.

I'm sorry to hear that he's been sick so often when filming. I suppose he works so much he doesn't get a chance to stop and recuperate. If he came back to Scotland, I would gladly nurse him back to health. :yummy: We could even have a walk along the beach without the paps following him, at least for a while.

This kills me. I just read an accounting of someone who was an extra on TUT on the day of the balloon shoot. He came out of the bathroom and saw Gerry so he went up and spoke to him. Of course, Gerry was so wonderful and loved talking to the guy.

Gerry told this guy (by the way, this is the husband of someone who owns and runs another Gerry site so I'm 100% confident in the validity of this story) that he had a SINUS INFECTION and that it was kicking his butt. :tissues: The guy also said that Gerry's eyes were a bit puffy from the infection, allergies, etc., which accounts for some of the "not looking 100%" that we noticed.

I really feel for Gerry. He gets sick so often when he shoots a movie. I know his immune system must be low due to how hard he works. He gives more than anyone else to a project and he suffers physically. It just breaks my heart.

But, he's a big boy and knows what he's doing. But he needs some good Jewish pennicillan . . .

I really do not like him overworking his cute tushie + Madonna injecting stuff into it albeit he appreciated the action.. :lalala:

On to a better extract:

"When Gerard grins, his easy-going nature is infectious and he lights up any room with a masculine energy." :music:

-Awwww... Now THAT'S what I like to read! :pointy:

Btw: Ferah, you sure picked some avatar... :cunning:

Good article!

I love the way he talks. "Tall poppy syndrome." I love the way his home means so much to him. I think Hollywood is grating on him and he needs to get away from there and visit Vegas. But then, what do I know... :cunning:

Sally

I think our guy is in need of some serious down time! Why not get away from all the hub-bub and take a break, go back to Scotland and replenish your body and soul......with me ! (I think it's a good idea!) Wink wink, nudge nudge! :cunning:

I've been away from GALS for a while working on a golf tournament for the local youth hockey team that work for. WOW! What an article! Gerry is exactly as I have thought of him. He is so intelligent about his life & career. I do feel sorry that he can't be living in Scotland & making movies too. I can't imagine being away from my home for most of my life. It gives us insight into Gerry & his feelings. I admire him so much for his determination to succeed in that face of missing all that you really are. All the money he earns as an actor cannot replace what has been taken from him. I hope that he gets happiness from the course his life has taken. He is very inspirational to me. When I think my life is tough, his is a little tougher in respect to being away from his family & his homeland. God love ya Gerry!

No wonder I love him so much, what a great interview. He is doing so much work and while its great that I get to see him act more he really needs to give himself more R&R in between films. It was good to read too how much he still loves Scotland, my favourite place too.

Thanks swannie

Great article, great guy and terrific answers to good questions about himself. Just what I expected, really...He's human...A guy trying to keep himself from going Hollywood in a town that eats its own....I'm glad he's trying to be healthier and avoiding a lot of the B---S--- that the paparazzi loves to spread about him. I think basically he is just a guy that happens to be very talented and gorgeous and I admire his intelligence and humor in dealing with the craziness he is exposed to everyday. Get your rest, keep those solid feet on the ground, Gerry and just know we are all behind you all the way. You are an exceptional guy and a terrific actor.

I am sitting here and reveling in Gerry's glory!!! When I saw him in "Mrs. Brown" I saw that human side of this adorable man. I felt his humanity at that moment when he smiled that crooked smile and knew he was the only movie actor for me, EVER!!!!!! I am so glad to read all these things that other people are seeing too!!! This is one awesome and humble man. Gerry is the Greatest Actor I have ever had the pleasure to watch. Bar none. The only man in my book to ever do to me the wonderful things he does with just the sound of his voice. Thank you all for re-enforcing what I have felt and known about the G-Man for so long. You are all so great, I am in awesome company, finally!!!

Love You All,

AOGJoanna

Edited by Joanna