Gerard Butler GALS

No More Burns!

hannah

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Anyway...

I'm in shock. "Burns" is no longer part of Gerry's filmography at imdb!! And not only that, it's been completely removed from the entire site, on Vadim Jean's page and everywhere.

The admin at gb.net didn't seem to know anything about it either.

Let's just all hope that it is a mistake, I've been looking forward to this movie ever since I discovered Gerry.

PS. I'm new here btw! :wave:

Hiya, Hannah! Glad to see you posting. Hmmm... I had thought they would do at least one more go around to get funding for this thing. I suppose we'll all have to just wait and see -- imdb has been wrong about stuff before! I'd love to see it actually happen since it seems to be a project near and dear to Gerry's heart.

I agree, you can never completely trust IMDb, they're known for wrong information...like when they posted Gerry as being in a movie that he wasn't, and having comic book author Stan Lee listed as actor Jason Lee's (Mallrats, Dogma, My Name is Earl...) father. Maybe they just took it down temporarily because nothing is happening with it at the moment :confused: ? At least we all have to hope so!!

Jill

Maybe they just took it down temporarily because nothing is happening with it at the moment :confused: ? At least we all have to hope so!!

Jill

That would be my guess. You figure, with everything up in the air now, they'll proabably have to recast and everthing, and without the funding, there's no definite time frame right now.

Maybe they just took it down temporarily because nothing is happening with it at the moment :confused: ? At least we all have to hope so!!

Jill

That would be my guess. You figure, with everything up in the air now, they'll proabably have to recast and everthing, and without the funding, there's no definite time frame right now.

DAMN IT!!! I really hope that this is just a mistake of some sort. I REALLY wanted to see "Burns" as well (I know we all did)! No, I just refuse to believe that it's no longer in the works; such news would really bum me out considerably.

:blue: :spontaneous: :spontaneous: PLease just let this be a horrible mistake! :wedgie: <<what I'm going to do to those IMDB people if it is, just for scaring the crap out of me!!

Burns is the one role that Gerry has been really excited about forever it seems. But I do know that sometimes it can take decades to get that one you really want made. I hope that isn't the case with Burns.

Toni

I hope this is a mistake, too, for Gerry's sake, and our viewing pleasure!

Hannah,

:hello: and :welcome:

By the way, you mentioned Vadim Jean's page. Could you give me the link to it?

Thanks,

:hugs:

Songbird

Geez. My literature Prof and I were planning on seeing it when it comes out! She's a HUGE Burns fan and got me hooked too... I hope they can get it re-casted. I'll be in it... they won't have to pay me as much as Julia Stiles... I'll do it for FREE!!!!! I will! Who do I call????? :bonk:

I heard from Chantelle-Lise that Vadim Jean emailed her just a couple of weeks ago saying it was still on and set to film on location in Ayershire and Edinburgh next year.

Geez. My literature Prof and I were planning on seeing it when it comes out! She's a HUGE Burns fan and got me hooked too... I hope they can get it re-casted. I'll be in it... they won't have to pay me as much as Julia Stiles... I'll do it for FREE!!!!! I will! Who do I call????? :bonk:

Sonofa....

No FRIGGIN' WAY!

Man, I have said it before and I'll say it again....if I have to, I'll organize funding for this baby! G, you just say the word man. I have suggested G singing some songs on a CD for charity, but maybe he could doit for Burns. Or we Tarts could have massive, worldwide bakesales. Or, as previously suggested, one of us could take one for the team and seduce either Donald Trump, Bill Gates, or Ted Turner.

And also, if we're acting in Burns for free, can I get to be one of Burn's (G's) other women? We all know he was a bit of a nympho, and I'm totally willing....no stunt double necessary!

I really hope Gerry has the chance to do this role, it would be very good for him.

Hmmmmm......I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here and say that if Burns has fallen through for now that might be a good thing. Burns might be a tough sell outside of the commonwealth unless it has big studio backing. I don't think Gerry needs another indie type film right now......following on the heels of Dear Frankie, GOTL and a potentially limited distribution of Beowulf. What he needs is a couple of Hollywood hits, which may not be as satisfying personally, but which provide him with the clout to make what he wants - his way - and get the financing to do it right.

Don't get me wrong - I loved Dear Frankie and Beowulf (haven't seen GOTL) but it always seems that Gerry is riding the cusp of celebrity and just needs a little push to become a household name. Hopefully it will come with 300, but I think it would be very unlikely that it would result from Burns. So.......if it has fallen through, let's hope that it is a project that remains close to Gerry's heart and makes it back onto the drawing board a year or two down the road.

:blue: :spontaneous: :spontaneous: PLease just let this be a horrible mistake! :wedgie: <<what I'm going to do to those IMDB people if it is, just for scaring the crap out of me!!

Burns is the one role that Gerry has been really excited about forever it seems. But I do know that sometimes it can take decades to get that one you really want made. I hope that isn't the case with Burns.

Toni

Dear GALS..I also hope that Burns will still be made and that Gerry will play the darling bard himself!! Do you know that Robert Burns, not only wrote some of the best Scottish songs, but he was a singer too?? That is what I am hoping for...Gerry playing Robbie Burns, AND getting to sing those sweet songs!! My fave being "Aye Fond Kiss"...what a dream that would beto hear Gerry sing them!!!

Now I have to thank you GALS for making me laugh my head off right now!! It's almost midnite and thank goodness my roommate is not home, she would have thought I was crazy!! WeeZee219...that little naked butt made me laugh SO HARD my stomach hurts!! I cannot look at it anymore!! And then I saw tonifinds2 with the exploding smiley faces!! That is hilarious!! And is that a wedgie?? hahaha!! That was too funny!! And last, but not least...Songbird, with your Attila Christmas AVITAR, AND SIGGY!! OMG!!! I have always LOVED candy canes!! It's just not Christmas without them!!

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

Attila Girl :spinny: :mopboyattila: :inlove:

Dear GALS..I also hope that Burns will still be made and that Gerry will play the darling bard himself!! Do you know that Robert Burns, not only wrote some of the best Scottish songs, but he was a singer too?? That is what I am hoping for...Gerry playing Robbie Burns, AND getting to sing those sweet songs!! My fave being "Aye Fond Kiss"...what a dream that would beto hear Gerry sing them!!!

OMG! I think I just died and went to Gerry heaven! Posted Image Imagine that!

If he sings in it too????? :gerrygasm: :gerrygasm: :spontaneous: All the :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: will be melted along with me. :heat: :bouncydrool3: :worship: :worship:

If he sings in it too????? :gerrygasm: :gerrygasm: :spontaneous: All the :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: will be melted along with me. :heat: :bouncydrool3: :worship: :worship:

Gerry could sing again on film!!! :Yee-Haw:

*Dr. Em falls to knees in supplication, hands together in prayer and closes eyes firmly. "Please, almighty powers that be, let there be funding for 'Burns.'"*

Dr. Em

Luvphantom follows up with beggin ALW on her knees to send over the money he gets out of the POTO auction to fund Burns.

And Dr. Em, if the film gets made and is done and finished and ready to show, we should think about

a Burns convention including a collective viewing that probably would result in multiple Gerrygasm of the audience.

:kisswink:

Edited by luvphantom

And Dr. Em, if the film gets made and is done and finished and ready to show, we should think about

a Burns convention including a collective viewing that probably would result in multiple Gerrygasm of the audience.

:kisswink:

Yeah Risa! Talk about a Big-O!

*runs from Official Spanker*

Dr. Em