Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

Closed: Virtual Con 2008 Cafe

:welcome1:

Hey, gals!

I thought we could have a little thread going for stopping in to say hello, and chat a bit...

Stop by, say hello, share what's going on...

Hey Everyone! I just got home from playing Bunco and thought I'd stop and say :hello:

Talk to ya all tomorrow!!

Hugs,

Jenn

Hi all! :wave:

Superbusy but must take time out to stop by at GALS, - + looking at the European Championships :pointy:

( football, - oh, that would be soccer to you folks! ;)

On that note, - Haakon ( youngest son ) scored in a match, - in the town where he lives, not in the championships... :unsure: Since some of the regulars are away I just might post a pic of said son.. :cunning:

Hugs from me :wuv:

ETA: Not the most flattering of pics but he is being handy!! Now there's a rare sight when it comes to the lawstudent, cello and chessplayer! Oh, and VERRA gifted "soccer-player" too ( she said modestly... ) ;)

Posted Image

Edited by NordicGirl

Good Morning GALS and PALS

How is everyone today? I'm sitting here with a mug of coffee (strong Americano of course) and thought I'd just have a look in. I do have one or two items which I've written out and would like to share with you as part of the Virtual Convention. The thing is I'm not sure if this is the correct thread. They take the form of poems (with illustrations) and are written about Gerry's movies and characters. What do you think? Here or elsewhere? I'll be back later to see if anyone has been able to advise.

Have a Happy Saturday. :D

I for one would love to see it, - so why not here? :pointy:

Eva Mari, - chomping at the bit or what it is called :D

*Calms self with a delish cup of tea*

Posted Image

Edited by NordicGirl

O.K. I'll start with the one which goes right back to the start of Gerry's professional career.

Don't forget to click on the illustrations, which will then enlarge. Here we go .....

Posted Image Posted Image

Treading the Boards

In the dim and distant past when Gerry trod the boards

He tackled mighty Shakespeare and brought him to the hordes.

The play's the thing he may have thought as the curtain rose

And so he walked onto the stage and started to speak prose.

From that beginning he progressed to roles in other plays

From Trainspotting to Snatch and then, in some later days,

He took a role in a Williams play upon the West End stage

After which his great career turned another page.

Since then he's gone from strength to strength in his chosen field

And we've enjoyed all he has done in his wide and varied yield.

The saying goes from tiny acorns mighty oaks do grow

For Gerry that is proving true - and may it continue so.

-----------------------------------------------

More will follow an intervals.

*Claps wildly* Really, REALLY good!

Oh I love the words, - like candy! And that pic was VERRA yummy, - little Gerry-pup

:tissues:

Edited by NordicGirl

I'm glad you like it. That gives me the confidence to post another one ....

Keeping the Wolf from the Door

Long ago when starting out with a need to make ends meet

Commercial work would bring rewards to ensure our guy might eat.

The list is long and runs the gamut from cough mixture to Gap

He spoke the words they gave to him and put them on the map.

Everyone starts somewhere and it's a facet of his work

That when faced with different acting forms he never once did shirk.

So when you're next out round the shops and reading down your list

Don't forget to watch out for those goods you possibly have missed.

There's Polaroid and Crunchy Nut and Nivea face cream too

And Sudafed and Guinness; you know that's good for you. :D

Those early days of acting must at times have been a chore

But doing some commercial work kept the wolf from Gerry's door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here again, click all pictures. I'll be back later today and then start to post one or two about the different movies and characters.

Bye for now.

YEAH!! Gerry is one lucky man, I hope he reads this. Great work!! *Claps*

And looking forward to more!

is the Polaroid one, btw ;)

Nibblies... :drool1:

Posted Image

Good Morning ladies!!! I'm up early but then again I'm always up early because I have a little person kicking me constantly and then my son was sick this morning. No big plans today which is nice. I'm going to go out for breakfast then we're taking my little Cullen to go play miniture golf then we're heading to some friends house for a little cook-out so the kids can play. Tomorrow we're heading to IKEA to look for furniture for our little girl's room. Nothing too exciting but then again I haven't the energy to go out and about for too long. Must go brush my dogs coats and feed them now. I shall return.

Cassie

BRAVA PATSYB - EXCELLENT !!! :bow2:

THE VERY FIRST PHOTO MUST HAVE BEEN FROM

AN ENGLISH PUBLICATION

I THOUGHT I HAD SEEN THEM ALL BUT

NOT THIS ONE !!!

DLSPBS - PAT :rose:

A GOOD MORNING TO Y'ALL!

Hugs Barb, Jenn, Eva Maria, patsyb, Cassie and Pat! Gosh, it feels like "old home" week in here!

Barb, Hugs Sweetie! Thanks for doing all this for us!!!

Eva... may I say from someone old enough to be his grandmother :lol: that your son is not only hardworking and talented but also a definite Hottie! :heat: BTW, since I don't watch football, which teams are in the European Championships and do you favor a specific team????

Jenn, :wave:

patsyb, your poetry is marvelous! I especially love Treading the Boards. Well done!

Eva, thanks for the YouTube link to the Polaroid commercial. I always thought that was a great commercial... :lmao: but it is way too short!!!! BTW, I love the NIBBLES! Posted Image

Cassie, Hugs to you! Wow, I can't believe its been almost two years since we meet in Chicago. Have a great weekend, Cassie. Sounds like you are busy, busy.

Pat, :wave:

For me this will be a quiet weekend doing house chores I need to catch up on. I also have some graphics to make and then maybe I'll find time to write when I'm not online here at the convention.

:kisswink: Love and take care y'all! Linda

ETS: Barb, you don't get paid enough for all you do... :kisswink::lol: We love you!!!

Edited by givemeabeach

:wave: Morning, gals!

Good to see you!

Patsy! I love your creative works, thank you for sharing with us! They would be perfect to print up for scrapbooking, too.

EvaMari! Your son is very handsome and sounds quite talented. No wonder you are so proud! Thanks for the Gerry yummies to go with our cups of tea and coffee!

Cassie, I'm exhausted reading about your day! I remember when my kids were little and we were constantly on the go and out and about.

Linda! I hope you'll share some of your creations with us either here or in the Scrapbooking thread...

thanks for the sweet words...they're appreciated! I love the GALS gals...and Gerry, too, :lol: so that's payment enough.

Helena, Pat ~ :hey:

off to check the posts, and then prepare for some goodies for tonight for the Con...

see ya all later! :wave:

What's with the "old home"? I resemble that, me thinks.... :D

There is no agelimit to looking at God's work, - so feel free to say he is hot. After all his old mum is in here showing appreciation for another man, in his mere thirties, the young stud ;)

The EC is in the early stages, counting THESE, - after the next matches they will be sending home half of the teams and from then on it's cup: win or bye bye...

As DH's granddad was Italian we always root for that team, - Haakon has even bought Linnea the tiniest little Italy-body ;) But they are in BIG trouble, so.. Between us I must say I like Portugal... And the Netherlands... AND Sweden... AND ( You get the picture ) It doesn't hurt that they are running around in quite tight shirts and itty bitty shorts, flexing excellent legs and so on... :unsure: ( Again, - between us.. ) :cunning:

And I'm SO with you in thanking this mod: :thankyou: Barb!!!

Morning all! Strolling in with my coffee and choc. choc chip muffin top. what up Gals?

Eva Mari, I've said it before...your sons are gorgeous, you big tease. psst..."old home" has nothing to do with age. It's familiar faces gathered in one place. LOL

GOOD MORNING ALL!

Patsy...LOVED the poems! (I just discovered the audio clips for some of those commercials the other day! :lol:)

Good Morning Gals!! I'm about ready to make my coffee, but had to stop in here first! Then I need to pick up my daughter from a sleepover and take the kids shopping for "dad's day" gifts.

EM ~ Your son is gorgeous!

Pasty ~ I love the poetry

Cassie ~ You must be feeling so uncomfortable. Those last months, I could hardly sleep with all the kicking going on LOL

Linda ~ I'm expecting some of your creations in the scrapbook thread!

:wave: Barb, Dawn, Hobbes and everyone else!

Hugs,

Jenn

I suspected that, Hobbes me dear, - just poking fun at my VERRA old age! ;) But thanks for making it VERRA clear! Yes, I must admit to be leaning towards teasing.... :cunning:

Some more nibblies for you all:

Posted Image

Do NOT lick the front of the images, - just skew them off with a teaspoon or blunt knife and then feel free to lick the icing on his back.

*Cough!*

ETA: Thanks for the son comments, - and Gerry audio..... *_______________________________ *

Edited by NordicGirl

Guest Pilar

Beachie's making more GRAPHICS? :pointy:

DAWN!!! :wave: Dang...I hardly see you any more....

Eva Mari...you have a beautiful family. (How's our baby doing?)

BARB, my favorite woman, THANK YOU for all you do. Looking forward to fun stuff later!

Guest Helena

mmmmm

cooookies

May I get a cappucino with cinnamon sprinkled on top?

Can I light a cigar in here?

HELENA - A CIGAR ???

A WOMAN AFTER MY OWN HEART !!!

ILL BRING THE GERRYPIZZA LATER

AFTER WE HAVE ALL HAD OUR FILL OF

GERRYCOOKIES !!!

LOOKS LIKE CHOCOLATE-CHIP TO ME ???

BUT I PREFER CHAI- TEA TO GO !!!

DLSPBS - PAT

Edited by DLSPBS

Guest Helena

hhahaha!

It was a taste I acquired after I quit smoking cigarettes!

I love cookies. I'm a cookie monster.

I love chocolate chip but my favourites will forever be oreos.

mmm chai

I like it in the evening. I drink it every evening.

HELENA - A CIGAR ???

A WOMAN AFTER MY OWN HEART !!!

ILL BRING THE GERRYPIZZA LATER

AFTER WE HAVE ALL HAD OUR FILL OF

GERRYCOOKIES !!!

LOOKS LIKE CHOCOLATE-CHIP TO ME ???

BUT I PREFER CHAI- TEA TO GO !!!

DLSPBS - PAT

Hi all! :wave:

Superbusy but must take time out to stop by at GALS, - + looking at the European Championships :pointy:

( football, - oh, that would be soccer to you folks! ;)

On that note, - Haakon ( youngest son ) scored in a match, - in the town where he lives, not in the championships... :unsure: Since some of the regulars are away I just might post a pic of said son.. :cunning:

Hugs from me :wuv:

ETA: Not the most flattering of pics but he is being handy!! Now there's a rare sight when it comes to the lawstudent, cello and chessplayer! Oh, and VERRA gifted "soccer-player" too ( she said modestly... ) ;)

Posted Image

Nordic Girl, who have you been hanging out with, he looks like Gerry. Must be a joy having him around, law student and all. You must be one proud MAMA. He's a hunk.