Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

Closed: Virtual Con 2008 Cafe

I had fun I matched the pics on the POTO and the lines to the songs that was fun. Raina Snow

Look at them speaking metric. Dumb it down GALS....we aint got that lernin down here yet! :lmao:

Barb,

What a great organizer you are, once again sharing the online opportunity for fun! :bow2:

patsyb,

I'm enjoying your writing ~ thanks for sharing. :goodjob:

:pillowfight: Have a fun night everyone,

Dawn

Look at them speaking metric. Dumb it down GALS....we aint got that lernin down here yet! :lmao:

:funnyup:

I remember when I was in the second grade, in school, we still had the empirial system and the principal came in, told us we now had to use the metric system from now on. Needless to say we got all mixed up, teachers included. To this day, I have no idea about how much I weigh in kilos, or how tall I am in meters and centimeters. LOL It's a pain in the butt!

I've just "tuned in". Have been working all day (groan!), but as my friends know that's not unusual for me and my job (I may put in a lot of overtime throughout the year, but when I travel I don't think about work at all!)

It's a bright sunny day here in Vancouver about 19C/66F - just pairrrfect for me, especially as I'm heading home now.

Looking forward to hearing what's been happening in Vegas today.

Lesley

P.S. I love metric (honestly, so much easier) ;)

Edited by lesvanyvr

This is the final one for today GALS .....

Phantom ...

Posted Image

Tonight

A lake of glass leads to his door deep below the earth,

A man who struggles with himself to know his own true worth.

Alone and friendless he lives his life as only he knows how

But then She came and sang her song; Oh reader, see him now.

His heart beats fast and he knows now that life has changed for ever,

He longs for her to share his love and be his own forever.

He has become a desperate man with aching needs to fill

And when he saw her with another that was a bitter pill.

Tonight there will be singing and an opera magnifique

But he has laid his plans against those he thinks are weak.

He's ready to make good his threat to carry Her away

The orchestra is striking up .... 'tis time to start the play.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy the rest of the day. Goodnight from the UK.

I've just "tuned in". Have been working all day (groan!), but as my friends know that's not unusual for me and my job (I may put in a lot of overtime throughout the year, but when I travel I don't think about work at all!)

It's a bright sunny day here in Vancouver about 19C/66F - just pairrrfect for me, especially as I'm heading home now.

Looking forward to hearing what's been happening in Vegas today.

Lesley

P.S. I love metric (honestly, so much easier) ;)

Yes, your friends do know how much OT you put in. :watchclock:

But when vacation time comes around, it's :woohoo::goodevil::rotflmao::cunning::streaker:

:hehe: How many days until the next great adventure? :behave:

Just a quick note to thank all of you who have shared your photos, poetry, and other

Gerry related info. I have been enjoying reading all of your posts and have been

checking out the games and everything that has been put up for our enjoyment.

I was fortunate to be able to attend last years con in Vegas, but it will probably be

my one and only. This "virtual con" has helped me with the sadness I have been

feeling about not being back in Vegas this year.

And I want to thank Barb for organizing this and making it happen!!

Hugs,

Judy

This is the final one for today GALS .....

Phantom ...

Posted Image

Tonight

A lake of glass leads to his door deep below the earth,

A man who struggles with himself to know his own true worth.

Alone and friendless he lives his life as only he knows how

But then She came and sang her song; Oh reader, see him now.

His heart beats fast and he knows now that life has changed for ever,

He longs for her to share his love and be his own forever.

He has become a desperate man with aching needs to fill

And when he saw her with another that was a bitter pill.

Tonight there will be singing and an opera magnifique

But he has laid his plans against those he thinks are weak.

He's ready to make good his threat to carry Her away

The orchestra is striking up .... 'tis time to start the play.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy the rest of the day. Goodnight from the UK.

Good night Patsy. :) You write beautifully, btw.

:rose:

Thanks Barb for this virtual con! I think I and some friends will be going for real next year, and my daughter lives in LV! Pairfect...unfortunately I'm not going to see her until Thanksgiving this year.

Patsy, you've been holding out on us! Just love your poetry, I wish I were as talented. Mine lies more in sig and video making.

So nice to join everyone here and learn more about all of you. I haven't posted that much, but I'm sure having fun here!

My friend and her mother came over to see my place today and especially my Gerry room. Her mom has just come lately to Gerry fandom and really enjoyed seeing what I have displayed. I lent them DF to watch, so I'll be anxious to hear what they think. They haven't seen any of Gerry's old movies except Dracula on TV yesterday and her mom turned it off after about 15 min. she thought it was that bad. PSILY hooked her Mom!

Have a great night!

:pointy::yay::wuv:

The poem is wonderful and Barb thanks again for all your hard work I am having fun. I think we have lots of fun just being right here. Hurrah for Barb!!!!!! Raina Snow Betts :bow2:

:ohbaby:

Guest Helena

You guys will definately have the horror of my presence at next year's convention!

What a perfect way to make it my first time in Vegas!

I think it would be super cool if on one of the evenings there could be a dress-up as characters from the movies that Gerry has played in...it would be so much fun..

Edited by Helena

Well I'm finally getting here....Wow, looks like the virtual con has gotten off to a great start! Knock out poetry from Patsy, Knock out pics of really good looking sons from EM, great pics of Gerbear, lot's of munchies..... :yay: I'm having a blast... I want to post my contribution or should I say mine and Becozy's cause she let me use the gorgeous blend of the Phantom for this sig .....Once I sdaw that I had to make a sig. I'll be putting it in my thread later on. Keep the party going girls ...I'll be back with some Gerrita's later! :funnyface:

Don't forget to click! :pointy:Posted Image

Hope you all enjoy!

{{HUGS}} Fran

P.S. Barb, you are a treasure my friend! :kiss:

Looking forward to hearing what's been happening in Vegas today. Lesley ;)

Yes, your friends do know how much OT you put in. But when vacation time comes around, it's :goodevil: How many days until the next great adventure?

Oh yea, we do have fun on vacation - don't WE!!! :cunning:

Just over five weeks until ComicCon :woohoo: Me and 125,000 others!

L.

Edited by lesvanyvr

Lovely to have all you dear gals here!

Patsy, your poems were delightful! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Sorry for the gals who couldn't get to Vegas this year for whatever reason..Good to know you're having fun here...we can play at our own pace ;) Thanks again for the kind words! :rose:

Weather was a scorcher here in Connecticut (east coast US), but I avoided it by being at the 'puter here, at the con :lol: enjoying the air conditioning in the house! There was a huge thunderstorm that passed through about an hour ago, so hopefully it will be cooler tomorrow.

I'm waiting for word from Dayna in Vegas for a 'special' post :lalala:

...and at 11PM there will be a thread opening with a very special tribute video to Cancer Heroes from the GALS charitable foundation~it's a beautiful video that I think you will appreciate.

OOOHHHH I can't wait...... :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

I'm waiting for word from Dayna in Vegas for a 'special' post :lalala:

Ooooooh! Grrrreat. Time for another cocktail then.

yeah...

of course we sit by our 'puters, and the GALS in Vegas are partying...and they're just getting started...

*drumming fingers*

*sigh*

*waiting*

...hope they remember us and SOON! :unsure:

yeah...of course we sit by our 'puters, and the GALS in Vegas are partying...and they're just getting started... ...hope they remember us and SOON! :unsure:

:leo2: "I'm waitin' too! And no 'puters in SPARTA!" :grrr:

Fran...I just saw your newest creation...wow!

Can you share the secret to how you get the cool borders around your works? :kisswink:

My program only seems to have variations on line borders, but not embellished or fancy ones!

Lesley, you cracked me up about the ComicCon 'vacation'...an intimate gathering, hmmm? :lol:

Lesley, you cracked me up about the ComicCon 'vacation'...an intimate gathering, hmmm? :lol:

Although I understand from previous attendees that you must have a plan and a guide (someone who's been before), so I should be OK. I'm telling my co-workers it's a "working vacation" at a conference! :cunning:

Edited by lesvanyvr

Barbara....if you could see what I went thru to get that border you wouldn't believe it! I used a divider and pieced it together! Just had to have that kind of a border and I'm glad you like it! It was your pic that made the whole thing!

BTW.....I said I'd be back with the Gerrita's so here you go!!

Click on this bartender....Posted Image

CHEERS, Frannie

Wanting to be a part, wishing I was there, but knowing its best Im not. I am feeling very cut off right now. shutting up, going to bed , and returning to normal next week.

Edited by DawnS

Wanting to be a part, wishing I was there, but knowing its best Im not. I am feeling very cut off right now. shutting up, going to bed , and returning to normal next week.

Dawn, sorry the 'blues' have ya... :hug:

The internet gals are all anxious to know what's happening in Vegas, but depending upon where we live, the time difference makes it tough to wait to get 'reports'! I'm trying to stay up for info from Dayna...but the GALA isn't over until 3AM my time...so I don't know if I'll make it. And after the GALA they have to distribute the auction and raffle items and square away the bookkeeping, and finish in the hospitality suite. *Phew*

My point (round-about-Barb!) is that the gals will be partying and then will probably just collapse to get some rest...and those that have computers to 'report' won't do so until tomorrow, or even Monday!

If my computer and Bethy's internet hadn't pooped out we would have had more activities for the Virtual Con, including a movie chat, so Bethy and I are bummed about that, too. Bethy doesn't have any computer access, so she's going bonkers, I'll bet! :bonk:

Fran! Love the bartender...very handsome...bet he stirs a mean drink, 'eh? :whome2:

:hugs:

Barb

Good Morning Everyone

I'm looking forward to maybe reading the first of a few reports from Las Vegas later today. It's rather grey and overcast here in the English Midlands today, but it's very mild. We certainly don't have the temperature of Las Vegas.

To follow on from yesterday's efforts I'm going to try to post about three more "poems" today, at intervals. Thanks for all your kind comments. I'm pleased you're getting some enjoyment out of them. Here we go with another ...

Leonidas ...

Posted Image

The King

He strode across the ancient scene

A man with lion's heart

With vision broad and knowledge of

what duty must impart.

He knew the need to stand and fight

to keep the foe at bay,

And 'cos of that he gave to us

What we enjoy today.

With his brave band of brothers few