Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

Closed: Virtual Con 2008 Cafe

Guest Helena

I'm sittin on my balcony blasting my music and tanning, and doing further research for a script I'm writing.

So I've been researching, writing, working, working out, volunteering - researching, writing, working, working out, volunteering

Jenn, Pil, Helena, Charlotte.

How the heck are y'all?

Edited by Helena

Good Evening GALS .... well it is where I am ... just about 7.15pm. It's been a nice day and the sun is shining at the moment.

I hope everyone is enjoying the day ... here's another "poem". This one is bringing us a little closer to being up to date.....

Gerry Kennedy ....

Posted Image

Emerald Green

A happy sparkling lad was he who came from the emerald isle

Always ready with his wit and forever with handsome smile.

On that fateful day he was strolling along and it suddenly hit him when

He saw a young lass looking out 'cross the moors and life for him started right then.

They soon married and moved to a city where life was as different again

But they did o.k. and made their way without too much struggle and strain.

They argued and fought but that all came to nought, for they loved one another you see,

We should all be so lucky to have what they had, for their souls both ran totally free.

They were a matched set and when he was gone she found herself all at sea

But he'd known what to do and so left her some notes; quite clever indeed was he.

That charm of the Irish hid a man so astute that he knew his love might not cope

So he put pen to paper and in doing that he made certain to give her some hope.

His plan worked a treat and she's back on her feet, looking forward as he had wished

She'd struggled at first and it hadn't been easy, for at times she had felt quite pushed.

But she'd done as he'd asked and done things which at times had given her quite a thrill,

But the best bit of all was she knew in the doing he would be there with her still.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fran: Just PM me when you want to discuss anything. I'm sure we can work something out.

Patsy! Another kickin' verse...thanks for sharing. Good to know you had a lovely day...

I just returned from grocery shopping for Father's Day dinner...beef prime rib steaks for dinner, special treat! Yummy! Have everything lined up in the kitchen so I can stay 'on board' as much as possible :kisswink:

:wave: Fran, Jenn, Pilar, IslandGirl, Helena and GreenEyes, Marg, Dawn, Risa!

IslandGirl...hope you feel better quickly!

Jenn! I remember running around everywhere when my kids were younger...and it's tough when your hubs is at work and it all falls on you. Hey, my kids are 20 and 22 and neither drives, and we live in the suburb (read: 5 miles to the nearest bus or railroad!), so my hubs and I are still driving kids around! :bonk:

I'm sure I forgot someone, hope not, though...if I did, please forgive me...I'll read through the thread again, later, but I'm a bit behind in the housework, so even though it's Sunday I have to catch up :lalala:

I'm enjoying the coffee lleftover from breakfast with a little ice and some light cream...decadent and delicious...and a little wake-me-up...where are those nibbles?

Oh, yes...

Posted Image

(EvaMari, I 'saved' your creation to my own Photobucket account!)

See you in a bit!

Guest Pilar

I love how Barb, along with G, makes us all feel warm and fuzzy... :wuv:

Those steaks sound goooood!

Jenn! I remember running around everywhere when my kids were younger...and it's tough when your hubs is at work and it all falls on you. Hey, my kids are 20 and 22 and neither drives, and we live in the suburb (read: 5 miles to the nearest bus or railroad!), so my hubs and I are still driving kids around! :bonk:

I'm enjoying the coffee lleftover from breakfast with a little ice and some light cream...decadent and delicious...and a little wake-me-up...where are those nibbles?

Oh, yes...

Posted Image

(EvaMari, I 'saved' your creation to my own Photobucket account!)

See you in a bit!

Oh no Barb. At least when my kids are a bit older they can take the bus or the train. Since the stations for both are within walking distance. But since my son is only 9, he's not taking public transportation by himself yet. LOL It does seem like all I do is work, clean house and drive the kids around... and I sneak on here quite a bit :cunning:

Thanks for the coffee... I sure need it today!

Hugs,

Jenn

Helena, you work out more than I breathe.

I bought a lovely Yoga dvd yesterday. I've stared at it all evening lastnight and said 'hi' to it again this morning. My stomache is still kind of queezy so I think I'll start fresh tomorrow.

Speaking of driving, my youngest gets her license in November and I'm dreading it! ahahahha

Y'all I don't understand this stuff. I feel stupid, but I just hope you are having a big time.

Love,

Tracy :kisswink:

:wave: hey, Tracy...thanks for stopping by!

I just noticed that discoveringme/Jill posted in Support Center about Vegas, and apprently Gerry called Dayna twice!

Jill's post is here

Thanks for the link Barb. Perhaps the audio download will be available soon.

It's almost midnight here so I'm going to call it a day I think. But before I do I'll leave you with one last poem which brings us up to date with Gerry's movies. I've enjoyed taking part in the Virtual Convention and getting to "meet" a few of you. Enjoy the rest of the day and I'll read up sometime tomorrow. Here's the "poem" .....

Posted Image Posted Image

Touching the World

I'd like someone like Alex to take me roving through the world

To show me all its treasures and let my mind unfurl.

A fantasy in leather with a wicked knowing glint

To take me to uncharted waters and never ever stint.

And when I'd crossed those stormy seas Jack would be waiting there

To catch me in his open arms and show me how to care

About the world and all that's in it for our admiration,

I know for sure he would inspire my personal dedication.

These men who happen to be halves of but a single coin

Whose shared ideals are maybe those in which we ourselves might join.

Our little earth needs all the aid we can give it to survive

And each of us can touch the world to help it stay alive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you like it. Goodnight everyone. :)

Patsy....your Poetry is awesome! I've been clicking away...Thanks for sharing your talent.

This has been fun for at least when I could get here and I want to Thank our Virtual Con Wonder Woman Barbara for keeping us up for the party!

You Rock Barb!

:pointy: Frannie

you're welcome, Patsy...

and thanks, again, for sharing your creative works with all of us. :hug:

Okay, I'm done in the kitchen tonight. Father's day dinner's been cooked and served (a rousing success! Rib-eye beef steak, tender and tasty; baked potatoes with bacon bits, oven roasted carrots, and a mixed garden salad *yummo*)

Now it's time for me to enjoy the lovely bottle of Gerry Juice that EvaMari sent earlier

Posted Image

and I'd like to share with all of you, too...

oh, and would you like a little extra sweet nibble Posted Image

(Box o'Gerry Chocolates by Stef with an F)

:yummy:

Edited to add...Fran! Hey, you posted as I was keying in my post!

:thankyou: for the kind words, and I'm glad so many of the GALS gals were able to participate!

And I want to give a Shout Out to Bethy, for when she finally gets internet back...You Were Missed, little sister of my heart! :hearts:

Edited by becozy
catchin' up with Fran's post!

Wow Cassie I didn't know you were having a baby too congrats to you Jobella what a beautiful family and Peg and Frannie I hope you both feel better. Thanks for the fun I had Barb. Can't wait for Pics and to hear the greeting from Gerry. Its good he did that. I wish I was there to sing with Neil Diamond he is one of my favorites. I heard we have a new charm for our bracelets too Ps I love you and Nims. Yvonne will bring me one. I hope ya'll have a good night if anything really exciting comes on pm me ya hear? love ya'll Betts

Sure thing, Betts!

You have more 'scoop' than I do! :lol: I just 'work' here! :unsure:

Didn't know about the charms, thanks for the heads-up on those...

and the singer was a Neil Diamond impersonator, not the real ND...so don't be too bummed that you missed the show.

I am a just now online for the first time today, and although I missed the morning coffee-

I just wanted to say one more time: Thanks to Barb and to all who have participated to

make this weekend special. I have enjoyed reading all the posts here and of course, the

beautiful poetry and artwork.

Now I will hope for that frosting on the cake--all of the wonderful stories, photos, and

Gerry's phone call. Until next year----

Hugs,

Judy (off to read posts about Vegas Con)

I'm tired!!!!! But, I'm waiting patiently for the news/pics from Vegas. Thanks Barb, Jenn, Linda and Raina. Not too long now. Gosh Linda has it been two years? Oi. Time does fly. I would love to be a Bucco de Beppo right now *sigh* :kisswink:

Okay, I'll be lurking about while watching my "Bridezellas" on tv again waiting patiently.

Cassie

HI YA'LL :wave:

Well Father's Day was a roaring success around here, and of course it mostly centered around great food. I made hubby Eggs Benedict our special way (can't eat them anywhere else anymore) and half of our large brood came to join us. then later One daughter had to leave, but the rest of the family joined us for steaks, corn and rum cake(another yummy family recipe)

Best for hubby was having all his kids around today. Worst part for me was running around cooking the meals, cleaning up and cooking again. :lol: My feet are killing me!

So now I sit sipping my mojito (fresh mint from out garden :D) and catching up with me GALS.

Barb...thanks for the Gerry juice and the box of Gerry chocolates! I hope you don't mind that I snagged them...been loving our Virtual Con and coffee klatches!

:yay::wuv:

Hi Gals :wave:

Just wanted to tell ya I had a great time hanging out here this weekend. Since I couldn't be in Vegas, this was the next best thing. I'll be around tonight, hoping for some pics and maybe an audio file from Vegas!!

Dawn, Would you be up to sharing your recipe for Rum cake? I used to have one years ago, but I've lost it somewhere along the way. Would love to be able to make it again.

:hugs:

Jenn

Hey there,

Judy, Cassie, Marg, Helena, Jenn, Dawn!

thanks for joining in...

Marg, I love sharing, glad you 'swiped' the goodies (the Gerry juice was created by NordicGirl), I was almost over-indulging :lol:

Jenn, it was wonderful having you aroun to share the fun and help me with the Virtual Con and the board. Selfishly I'm so glad you were here! :thankyou:

Dawn! Glad your dinner was so well received...a lot of work but we love our guys, 'eh! Enjoy the mojito *slurp*

Cassie, good you're relaxing a bit...what a weekend you had being busy, busy. :rose:

Helena...ooooh!! Take it easy...don't handle sharp objects or drive :p Hope you're okay!

Well, gals, the Cafe is closing!

Catch you next year at the Virtual Con!

:hugs:

and again, thanks for joining in!

Posted Image

Barb