Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

50 WEEKS TIL VEGAS 09

:thankyou::metoyou::ty:

to all the wonderful gals who got to go to Vegas & are sharing their great trip with all of us GALS

WendyM

Hey Lisa, Donna etc - the 3am Monorail gang!!!!!!!!

Well that pole had to be used for something other than holding tight. :funnyup: :funnyface

I had a blast even if the feet were killing me by the time we got back to the Hilton!

Lisa you can be anything you want to babes and we are all behind you! :wuv::kiss:

I got some great pics of the Phantom Costumes and the Gala on Saturday so will post when I get back to Scotland Friday.

Celine should be at my hotel for the next few days so we'll hang out before she heads back to Dublin Wednesday.

I cannot stress strongly enough if you can get to vegas next year try and do so. Don't expect Gerry in person or even a call but an amazing weekend with some of the most remarkable and inspirational women you'll ever meet. You'll come away a better person.

Much respect to all I had the pleasure of meeting and it was so worth the trip :kiss:

Moira

thank you everyone for sharing you stories.

swannie, yours has thrilled me so much.. :hearts:

we want that stories of Marty and Gerry....

:thankyou:

Guest DonnaKat

:lmao: I love it!!!

I cannot stress strongly enough if you can get to vegas next year try and do so. Don't expect Gerry in person or even a call but an amazing weekend with some of the most remarkable and inspirational women you'll ever meet. You'll come away a better person.

Not to mention the fact that Moira will be giving pole dancing lessons next year. :pointy:

Guest Helena

omg after reading all your stories you guys make me want to go next year so badly!!

Guest Pilar

It's already a done deal. You, me, Janie and hotlips are going to be roomates.

(lol)

OK OK OK - WHERE ARE THE LISTS FOR NEXT YEAR ???

WHERE DO WE SIGN UP ???

#1 - POLE DANCING LIST

#2 - ROOMIE LIST

#3 - ATTENDEE LIST

PEN IN HAND - I'M READY AND PACKED

DLSPB - PAT

P.S. HOISTING A COLD ONE FOR NEXT YEAR !!!

Edited by DLSPBS

Guest Helena

hahaha!!

We're gonna rip Vegas to shreds..

It's already a done deal. You, me, Janie and hotlips are going to be roomates.

(lol)

Guest Helena

looooool!!!

Pole dancing list?

wuzz dat?

OK OK OK - WHERE ARE THE LISTS FOR NEXT YEAR ???

WHERE DO WE SIGN UP ???

#1 - POLE DANCING LIST

#2 - ROOMIE LIST

#3 - ATTENDEE LIST

PEN IN HAND - I'M READY AND PACKED

DLSPB - PAT

P.S. HOISTING A COLD ONE FOR NEXT YEAR !!!

:wuv:

I'm fairly new here and hoping that I can join all of you next year. Sounds like an amazing time you all had.

Barb :phantom:

Guest greyeyegoddess

The more the merrier Barb...hey, another Barb!!!! Welcome! :wave:

~alice

:music:

Guest Helena

I've got to say, through the little amount of time I've been here...there is definately a certain magic to you Gals.

I can't put my finger on it but it's something special. :wuv:

Well that pole had to be used for something other than holding tight. :funnyup: :funnyface

I had a blast even if the feet were killing me by the time we got back to the Hilton!

Moira

You mean "hold firmly"!!! :ohbaby:

Veejer

:pointy: I can't wait til next year!!! I want to create my own Vegas Story!!!

Where do we sign up????

Wow, great stories! I hope to be fortunate enough to attend next year. I better start squirreling away my money now.

OK I'm back. Not much more clear headed but I'll try to stay on track.

Friday morning found us (Sally Swannie and I) at regestration, and who do I see?? Zany working the table! She gave me a great boob squishing hug and I disappeared into her embrace! Zanes is MUCH taller than me :wuv:I lost track of Sally and Swannie. Made a fag break date with Zany and headed inside to scope out more of my GAL sisters. There I found Texas Gramma and Lady Elissa and we immediately started going on about our Mandolls. Mine was still in our room with his girlfriend, so he didn't get to meet his cousins yet. I also spied my sweet Sherrell/Bermos. Man I wish she lived closer, we only see each other at premieres and Vegas. I said hello to a few other ladies (sorry I can't recall exactly who at the moment). I was looking for the woman who always manages to get exactly what I need in terms of video...my Judybaby! I snuck up behinder her very Phantom like and put my arm around her and she knew it was me instantly! Lots of hugs and kisses later Judy and I went to look for my other half, Sally. More hugs and kisses were had when we found her. Judy was doing the Vid Workshop so Sally and I went to get some lunch. We came back, and Zany and I had out first of many 'dates', then went to go see that sweet cutie pie Martin for the Q&A. Good grief is he funny! I can't remember the details, but he had the whole room laughing! I am so happy that he decided to stay and play all weekend!

My roomies and I then went to get ready for dinner and dancing. The food was delish! MUCH better that last year at the Flamingo. The ballroom was a 1000x better too. Sherrell had put up many many posters of Gerry's movies for us and Mel had an awesome slideshow going during dinner. There were some raffle prizes given away and Dr.Em welcomed everyone. We watched the contenders for the Video Contest and made very difficult choice. All four vids were outstanding!

We watched Mel's Tribute to Dee's Second Childhood who passed away earlier this year. Songbird sang "There You'll Be". Dr. Em then talked about our brand new Non-profit. What an awesome thing to have started! Way to go Dr. Em and Ladies!!

Spot gave us a good laugh like she always does. Sheesh this woman needs to take her act on the road! She's lots better tha many comics I've seen. The rest of the evening was spent dancing and socializing.

We three amigos went home and proceeded to stay up all night reading aloud from 'Unmasqued'. What a riot THAT was! I'm sure the author didn't mean for it to be funny but when read out loud...well, it takes on a whole new spin! It was then that we tried to kill Swannie by inducing her worst ever asthma attack, brought on by gales of laughter! Not a bad way to go I suppose. She was looking for her inhaler, not able to breathe and she says, "Continue on. I'll be alright in a minute." Crazy wooman! We finally passed out from lack of oxygen around 4:30AM.

Sleep? Who needs it! I'll sleep when I'm dead! I've got GALS!

More later, hubby's home.

Sounds amazing! Really makes me want to attend the next convention. I'm tempted to include a stop over in Vegas while I'm on my world trip next year. Keep on with the stories - I love reading them.

Cheers,

Tiga x

Oh boy..what a blast I have had this weekend...Being totally deaf, I was terrified of mixing with a group of people I had never met but you all turned out to be absoutely wonderful and made me welcome. :thankyou:

And whats more..I was on top of the world when I saw a familiar face from CUT 2008 which turned out to be Heathcliffe'smom.(Sandra) :metoyou:

I enjoyed myself throughly and I cannot emphasize enough what a great time I have had, I am still on Cloud Nine after the awesome visit to see POTO on the big screen which was a first for me and then to see the costumes.( out of this world)..and then the dance etc later and myself dancing !!!! :bellydance:

My legs and arms are so stiff.....I thought Jay White, the singer was good, I only feel vibes and they were good ones so I was excited to join in when we all were around him dancing and clapping :tens:

And then Big Mike...oh Mike you cracked me up..pm me if you really have nothing up there(underpants , that it ;):embarassed:

Spot..I could see with everyone's faces that you were cracking them up, but I could not lip-read that far to the front so I missed alot on everything that went on..but close up, I sensed that you are a beautiful lady :hug:

I wish I could remember the names, but I remember the faces better and I will treasure those faces because you were all so wonderful........ :ty:

And a big thankyou to admins and those who did a great job organizing everything and to AmieeMarie who looked out for me with the transportation :hugs:

See you all in 2009..........

Pamela

:hugssnogs:

Guest DonnaKat

I'm not singling you out, Pamela, but your post made me think of something.

I'm a certified sign language interpreter. Dr. Em, admins, mods...if the need ever arises in the future for an interpreter, let me know and I can possibly offer my services. I'd have to clear it with the board as I'm only certified for the state of Missouri, but if it's pro-bono work for charity, I don't see any reason why they'd object. I've done it in the past and it's never been a problem. ;)

Guest greyeyegoddess

Cool Donna! As long as you can make it to the events, I will remember that!

My friends are awesome!

~alice

:music:

I'm not singling you out, Pamela, but your post made me think of something.

I'm a certified sign language interpreter. Dr. Em, admins, mods...if the need ever arises in the future for an interpreter, let me know and I can possibly offer my services. I'd have to clear it with the board as I'm only certified for the state of Missouri, but if it's pro-bono work for charity, I don't see any reason why they'd object. I've done it in the past and it's never been a problem. ;)

Oh Donna...I wish I knew...I would have enjoyed it so much better ...I speak 4 sign langueges, ASL, BSL( british), FRENCH AND ITALIAN...so you have a choice.. :hug:

You are so talented..........take care, luv....and :thankyou:

Pamela

:rose:

Okay, I have no memory . . .

Who had the tattoo around her arm that was a Scottish celtic symbol and I said it was EXACTLY what I wanted? You sat next to me at POTO and then got up to the restroom and didn't come back. Remember?

I still want to see the tattoo cause I'm gonna copy it.

Thanks!

Lisa

Great stories!!! Keep 'em coming.

I've got to say, through the little amount of time I've been here...there is definately a certain magic to you Gals.

I can't put my finger on it but it's something special. :wuv:

:funnyup: You probably could but you'd have buy the drinks. :lol:

Hey all!

I arrived home from Vegas this morning and only now do I feel coherent enough to share my Vegas escapades. This year's con happened to fall on my 30th birthday and I am so glad it did because I had an awesome time.

I arrived in Vegas Thrusday night and roomed with zany and leslie with spot, big mike, and celine next door. Yes, it was as much fun of a time as you can imagine.

Friday morning I spent registering attendees with the other mods and it was great to see some new and old faces. There was a health convention next door and we got a lot of their attendees asking about our con and it was great when a lot recognized Gerry's name, "oh the guy from 300" they would say. BTW I would like to thank stagewomen Jen for provided the mod squad with lunch, we really appreciate it. :kiss:

Friday night was great. Martin was charming, the vids were awesome, Dee's tribute was touching, Katie sang wonderfully, Spot was hilarious, and DJ's Mel and Alice rocked.

Like everyone said it was great to see POTO on the big screen again. There was a lot of hooting and hollering and a few tears in the screening. A lot of peeps who never saw it in the theaters told me they noticed little things they never did before. One of the highlights for me this weekend was when on our way back to the hotel the entire bus full of people sang Happy Birthday to me. I was deeply touched and want to thank everyone again.

Later that night when I went to dinner I was totally blown away by the decorations. It was really wonderfully done and everyone who atteneded looked glamourous. It was really like we were at a real Oscar party. The breast cancer presentation was moving and I hope that we really did raise a lot of money. The live auction was a highlight, Martin did a great job as auctioneer. He seemed really surprised his jeans went for $500, more than Jeffrey Dean Morgan's coat.

I have to do something else right now so I will write more later, but to tease you Sunday invovled spotty's fast driving, the Rock, dirty Martin-I's, and ghost hunting.