Gerard Butler GALS

Wallpaper of "The Geats"

Abrock

Here's the projected wallpaper from Saturday night... inspired by Martin's story of the made-up band. :D

Posted Image

Quick recap of the story... Martin, Gerry, Tony and Rory were checking into a hotel, and a woman came up to Tony and asked him if he was in a band, because she recognized him. He played along and said yes, they were "The Geats." She replied that she knew their work. LOL!!

~Mel

Thank you for sharing this story and graphic, Mel!! :pointy:

All us Virtual Con and Board GALS missed you not having an internet connection on Fri/Sat in order to keep us updated.

Dang internet :tantrum:

Well, we look forward to more 'sharing' now that you're back home.

:hug:

Barb

That graphic was popped up on the screen behind Martin's head during dinner. We all let out a roar and he turned to look at what we were screaming about.....you should have seen his expression! He was really tickled and looked gobsmacked that the graphic was done so quickly! (He had only told the story the day before!) Martin was such a sweetheart. He did autographs and posed for pictures with us. I seriously wanted to put him in my pocket and bring him home!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

I wish I'd seen his expression... I was too focused on putting it up and then getting back to my seat! I asked him later if he liked it, and he said, "Oh, I love it!" So I was very happy about that!

~Mel

Guest greyeyegoddess

Awesome, Mel! I'm glad that I asked him to tell the story from CUT. It was one of my favorite stories they told, and I wanted to hear it again. He elaborated more in Vegas, which was fine with me.

~alice

:music:

:hehe:

Mel,

This is a great graphic!

Had a little time on your hands Saturday, did you?

I couldn't believe it when I walked in & saw it up on the big screen.

Thanks,

Nadine

Thanks you so much for that, I really loved that! Also thanks for everything you all did!

Mel: You did a great job, as usual. I totally laughed out loud when I saw the wallpaper on the screen as I had heard the story at CUT. Martin was so delightful.

Thanks a lot.

beejay

Aw.... I can't see the wallpaper here at work. It's another "wait till I get home thing" I guess, but I do remember the story being told at CUT. I think Martin and Tony started talking about growing their beards and then this funny tale emerged!

Can't wait to get home to see it!

~ Donna Lee

AND after I sang on Saturday night, Martin invited me to join The Geats!! Cool!

Every band needs a 'girl singer.' LOL!

GREAT wallpaper Mellie!

And Katie...you would make a wonderful addition to the GEATS with that beautiful voice of yours.

Or...maybe Neil Diamond should scoop you up for one of his backup singers!...lol

Martin was a total delight and a great addition to the convention. He could be there every year and I'd be a happy camper. He has such an easygoing personality, quick wit and the most beautiful dimples. He was really tickled by the graphic, I could tell. Great job doing it so quickly, Mel.

As for the fookin' internet at the hotel - we had a whole bunch of laptops at the ready and it turned out the hotel's wireless didn't work in the ballrooms, and the supposedly "free wifi" they told us was there never worked for any of us who tried to connect to it. Poor Jilly had to sit on the floor out in the hallway near the restaurants in order to take PayPal payments for the raffles, and we had to do the final auction payments up in the hospitality suite. We generally loved the Hilton but the inability to use the internet in the ballroom was a real bummer.

LOL, I did have some time on Saturday. I'm still a beginner in the graphic-making area... other more seasoned GALS in that area could have made a much better one, but I'm glad it was enjoyed by all!

Hey Mel

Woo hoo you posted it!! Thanks

I knew you would when I asked but for emphasis I added the "I'm serious " part

It's so cool

Hugs

Snap