Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
discoveringme

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome

WELCOME to the 52nd floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 17 floors to go to reach 69 again!

I know Susan is going to want to come up with a catchy theme for this floor. Perhaps something to do with Vegas? :confused::lol: But I wanted to at least get this started and she can take it over when she arrives home and catches her breath.

Thanks Jill for getting the new floor opened. I came home from Vegas with a new perspective and a vision for my life's passion and purpose. There were so many inspiring moments that I decided to borrow Gerry's own words from last year's WonderCon (as revived in my memory by a post by greyeyegoddess) to "follow your purpose". For some of us our purpose is clear from an early age, for some of us it takes longer. I may have just realized my own this weekend in connection with the vision and purpose of the GALS Charitable Foundation. So I'm putting that name to this floor.

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Highrise #2 Floor #46 - Weather GALS

Highrise #2 Floor #47 - The Beautiful Truth

Highrise #2 Floor #48 - The Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #49 - Still the Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #50 - Dance, Dance, Dance

Highrise #2 Floor #51 - Keep On Dancin'

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Guest greyeyegoddess

I think many of us are still in the afterglow of Vegas right now. It was a jammed packed weekend. I'll try to get the few pictures of Martin I took, online when I get out confinement in a few hours.

~alice

:music:

Thank you Daian, I'm agree, they are so cute ! ... I wonder if I need to put the last message of the last level because now the floor is closed ... So, I will put it again here for the visitors, sorry for the double !

Waouh .... What good writers on this thread ! Two days and I'm coming back ... What a lot of things to read ! This week-end with hubby, we went to Paris with a little ancient desk for my nieces. It was my children’s desk, we bought it in a clearance sale when we lived in Saint Laurent du Pont, in Alps, in 1995. We offered it to my sister for her 40’s. But she asked us to keep it in our house until she had finished preparing the rooms for her daughters, and now we can give it.

In Paris, we saw my nieces, Marion (4) and Mado (2 and ½), my sister and my brother in law. They were so cute and they didn’t want that I leaved!

Here are my nieces with me and with Bruno (who is the godfather of Mado) or both smiling on the floor.

All the pictures are clickable to enlarge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After this stop, we drove to Puiseaux, a little town in the country at 100 kilometres from Paris (about 62 miles) where some cousins are living . It's a picture of the house from the park.Posted Image

My cousin received us with a fine diner (he cooked alone, because his wife is in Florence, in Italy, at this time, and I found he was a good chef!), with two excellent Burgundy wines; and Sunday for the lunch we drank a Chambolle-Musigny, it’s a red Burgundy, Bruno and I had never drunk it before. It was excellent!

Jean-Marie, my godson, was happy to see me, and her sister too. Here is a picture of Jean-Marie, the dog "Troll" and me .. Posted Image

We came back late in the evening of Sunday. And a new week begins today ... I'm tired, and I'm waiting for the vacation, July 11th !

I hope you are all fine and well.

Hugs from Bénédicte

Gorgeous little ones, great France-advert and LOVELY slideshow as well! Good to see you, belle ami!

Here it is past 11 pm so signing off. Have a beautiful day, all of you, and SSCD when the time comes! ;)

Hugs from Eva Mari :wuv:

Dudes~I'm so friggin' exhausted! I'm excited, exhilarated, motivated, empowered and all those beautiful wonderful things that GALS, the con and Gerry have given me.

I can't wait until I have the energy to post pics, but I have a headache and need more Gerry Juice and then go back to bed. I promised myself I would take today off . . . ahhh the joys of working for yourself!

I begin my writing career this week . . . I have a ton of cleaning and rearranging to do, but then I begin. I'm no longer going to be able to post or talk about it, but just know that I'll be enjoying the hell out of continuing to bring Jack to life for all of us!

Okay, back to bed . . . and some Attila perhaps . . . maybe Leo . . . hell BOTH!! :lol: Whoops, wrong thread . . .

:hearts:

Lisa

Guest greyeyegoddess

Congrats, Lisa! Follow your dream....or in the words of Gerry, Follow your purpose.

~alice

:vegasbaby: :vegasbaby: :vegasbaby:

I'm recovering from a great convention! I had a blast, thanks for all y'all did to bring it about! :bow2::goodjob:

:wuv: Mousie

Congrats, Lisa! Follow your dream....or in the words of Gerry, Follow your purpose.

~alice

Alice~Can you show me which article this from??? Or which interview??

Welcome back from Vegas my friends....I'm so glad that you had a great time (even if you are wiped out right now)...Alice, thank you for the video of Gerry's telephone call. I can't wait to see everyone's photos.

Lisa, I wish you all the luck in the world sweetie....you can do it AND when you write that great American novel can I PRETTY PLEASE have an autographed copy.

Benedicte...I saved everyone of the lovely pictures you shared with us....You look so happy to be in Paris and I can only imagine why~~~ oh, to be able to go to Paris!!!!

love to all!

hugs,

Sue

Edited by irish

:wave: Sue....I see you! :D I guess we will have to let you Vegas Babes get your "stuff" together before we start getting pics and stories and such...that's okay, I can wait...For a little while! ;)

Lisa, good luck on your writing and of course I commend you for following your dream. I'll be in line with Sue for an autographed copy of your best seller!!

b_elle.....what a wonderful array of sunshine your pictures bring. Love the photos of your cousins beautiful home.

Just popping in to say goodnight to all and wish you all very sweet dreams of you know who!! :wuv:

:wave: Frannie

Welcome Back from Vegas all you delightful and lucky GALS. So nice to see that motivation to get going on our dreams is again an outcome. Worked for me the first time and I am still gaining the benefits. Sooo sorry I couldn't make it. Will have to go over to threads to see the photos.

Good luck with the writing L. Hope you get a good start.

OK must go back to doing the bills....*sigh* always more than I want but I guess we all know how that feels LOL.

Hugs and can't wait to hear some good stories

Cat

A new floor already. Wow these threads just fly by don't they. I have a viral bug going through my body at the moment and it sucks!!!! My son has the same thing but he's not eating. Poor thing. He has to eat something or he will just get sicker. I want to just go home.

Bene - Your pics are lovely. I love that house. *sigh*

Did I tell you that I want to go home? Well I do. I'm just not feeling good ugh!

Cassie

*Helps Pil decorate*

I think we should go for a little Red Death-style, you know that he is toxic but :cunning:...

( Not a fan of this girl but it is VERRA fitting music here.... :music: )

Guest Nay

Pilar,

Your second picture - I could sooooo caption that one!!! Very funny - squirrel anyone? :funnyup:

Hi everyone!

I haven't posted in here in a while. Been working on the second draft of my book... and then the Vegas Con, which was amazing. I do read the Support Center almost daily, but I am determined to finish the second draft of Chanson this year.... so not much posting!

I do hope more of you will have an opportunity to go to next year's Convention, because all the expense and effort are so worth it!

I must say, after the heat and dry of Vegas, I am really enjoying a cloudy and cool day in Portland!

Have a great day everyone!

Swannie

Guest Pilar

Uhhhh...E.M....

You don't know what you did to me.

You really....really....don't.

:shower::poof:

Err... Sorry about that, Pil! That it turned out to be a Beautiful Disaster...

Awww... Erik.... *meltdown* :wuv:

:galdown::thud:EM that video and that song!!So perfect.

Posted Image Peggy