Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome

discoveringme

I'm glad you posted that, Cheri. A true soul friend is one who can tell you when you're wrong about something, and when you don't want to listen, that friend doesn't give up until she hears you. I heard you . . . and I'm listening.

Thank you, my darling friend. I love you so much. Thank you for "pulling my covers".

I am forever your soul friend.

Lisa :hearts:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is the last day of babysitting my aunt's kids. I am so done with them, and they need their mom. I really hate their dad at the moment, for what his selfishness has put these children through. I have been so blessed to have parents that love each other. These kids have had to go through a divorce so early in their lives, they don't understand it at all, and it hurts them. They need two parents. But my stupid uncle insists on doing stupid things, so my aunt just said forget it. Can't say I blame her. It's him I'm mad at now.

In other news, I'm going to a Masquerade tonight! My best friend is coming with me. It's going to be so awesome. It has that romance of an old-fashioned party. The hostess' sister has been here all week. She's a pastry chef, and she's spent the week making food for this party. It's so romantic, you know? Ha ha ha. I'm very excited.

Cheri that was so beautiful! It just made my day. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Edited by MadameAngel

Okay gals I'm going to give you a one time glimpse of my Gerry addiction.

Yes, I'm addicted to Gerry I admit it.I can think up a whole movie of my own with Gerry in it.

He plays a character of wealth, business man who finds love unexpectedly in a young woman he takes in. She lives at the estate. She doesn't trust easily but finds a friendship grows, they start to amuse each other and love starts to bloom. He knows he's fallin for her but doesn't want her to feel obligated to him so he finds her a place of her own, distances himself from her. Jealiousy reveals itself when he meets her date during an evening out.

Words are spoken and neither one wants to admit their love. Time passes she realizes the man in her life wasn't right for her when he makes her choose between him and Gerry's character. After all Gerry character took her in and shown her how to trust and open up.

In the end he realizes he may loose her to this new found life of confidence in herself and tricks her into coming to the estate for a weekend and well love wins out in the end.

Of course I left the juicy stuff out. Think up your own!

Guest Pilar

Posted Image

Lisa! :wave:

Woman, it was a blast talking with you in chat yesterday! You're a riot because we think of him in EXACTLY the same way. LOL!

:cunning:

Happy Friday ladies. I'm trying to pump myself up here at work to prepare for this baby shower they're throwing for me in about an hour 1/2. I so don't like being the center of attention it makes me ill. I'll smile through it and hopefully it goes by fast and I can go home. I'm very grateful don't get me wrong. I'm just not comfortable being on the spot is all w/stuff like this.

It helps that I can get on here and it reminds me that I had another Gerry dream last night. This was completely different in that he didn't want anything sexual this time. He just wanted to talk. WTF! If I'm going to have a Gerry dream I want his clothes OFF! :tantrum: But, it was a nice conversation and I found out a lot about him. What's weird is if what I was told I find out later on is true. Time will tell. OMG it's so weird because some of this stuff could be true and a little bird wanted me to know it via a dream. How is that possible who knows but it all made sense. When I woke up I checked the couch to see if he was still there. He wasn't. Weird!!!!

Cassie

Cassie: now I know where your son gets it - hates being the center of attention!

Ugh. Me and three of my family members all got food poisoning from old meat on Wednesday, Mel included. :sick: We're feeling better, but !@#$'in hell!

We're heading up to our annual Homestead retreat so I won't be on the boards for a couple of days. Everyone have a great weekend!

Mousie :wuv:

Edited by mousie

Guest greyeyegoddess

Have fun Marc and Mel. Take care!

LOL, Cassie. You need to learn how to control your dreams, so you can have what you want in them..lol!

Cheri, missed you in Vegas this year.

Greaaaaaaaaaaat! I'm home today, trying to get those videos downloaded from Vegas, and I'm watching the news...

We've had 6 instances in our downtown area of sexual assult, women being attacked, from ages 30-70...sicko! I guess I won't be headed down there today, which was a bummer because I had errands to run. Pooh!

~alice

:music:

At first I wasn't going to post because of the theme of the thread and I don't want to bring anyone down....but I did want to pop in and say ....Cheri......I wish with all my might I could get into your spirit...That poem .......................That's all I can say! Guess maybe I'm still searching for my purpose in life...sometimes I wonder why I'm even here! I guess it's because my kids are grown, everyday I look in the mirrior and see myself getting older but not wiser, everyday there is a new challenge for me to take on be it with the stoopid business or one of my "grown up kids" ....just wish I could wake up to a good day. AAWWW Shite...I said I wasn't going to do this so I'm going to come back later when I get out of this "woe is me" frame of mind! Just wasn't expecting this sort of soul searching kind of thread ........not that it isn't a great idea ...hopefully I can get back in the swing of things by the end of this day!!Hell....I'm usually funner than this!! :bonk:

:wave: Fran

Edited by ladyfran

AAAAWWWWW Fran wish you were here or I could come there and hug you.Wait I don't hug you! Oh well there's always a first time :lol: All kidding aside I really do wish you guys would come back here we miss you like crazy.Guess you know that by the 20 phone calls a day, huh?It's too bad you can't come up to visit for about a month and sit by the pool and relax.Maybe you could even entice me to go in. :) if I could get down in there. :tantrum: Maybe things will work out so you can.

Love Ya,

:hugs: Peggy

At first I wasn't going to post because of the theme of the thread and I don't want to bring anyone down....but I did want to pop in and say ....Cheri......I wish with all my might I could get into your spirit...That poem .......................That's all I can say! Guess maybe I'm still searching for my purpose in life...sometimes I wonder why I'm even here! I guess it's because my kids are grown, everyday I look in the mirrior and see myself getting older but not wiser, everyday there is a new challenge for me to take on be it with the stoopid business or one of my "grown up kids" ....just wish I could wake up to a good day. AAWWW Shite...I said I wasn't going to do this so I'm going to come back later when I get out of this "woe is me" frame of mind! Just wasn't expecting this sort of soul searching kind of thread ........not that it isn't a great idea ...hopefully I can get back in the swing of things by the end of this day!!Hell....I'm usually funner than this!! :bonk:

Big squidggy hugs from me too Franny my bestest Galfriend!

You know how much I love you.

Can I also say 'Happy Birthday to me!'

I have had a wonderful day.

Posted Image Me in one of my favourite Tearooms in Bradford on Avon.

Posted Image Our gorgeous waitress for the afternoon.

hugs,

Anna X

:wuv:

PS Yes I do know that I have have an uneven haircut...........will be getting a shorter cut............again!

Posted Image I used to have this much hair! :tissues:

Sweetheart...trust me on this...I absolutely hear you and understand how you are feeling. and here is the thing...We don't always have to be Fun..we don't always have to "get it"...we don't always have to have figured it all out...that is why we have eachother...as Soul Friends...those who can *see* us, even when we cannot see ourselves...those who *know our heart and soul and spirit*...those who remind us of the beauty in us and who allow us to go through times of hurting or feeling frustrated or feeling lost and who gently help us to trudge through the muck until we find our way to the other side of it.

I send you deep prayers of love and comfort and assurance that it is Okay to be struggling and to let us know it, so that we can surround you with our love and our belief in YOU....knowing that you will find your way through it and the moments of ICK will be overcome by peace and the Joy of laughing and getting through it *all*, Together.

I am not always completely sure of who I am, why I am here, what I want, why my life is the way it is, why I am in pain every single minute, why we are struggling so through this wilderness of financial ICK (David, my hubby, was laid off in 2005 and worked mostly temp jobs until recently...he is finally working, but still temp...)...and On and On and ONNN. and there are many days when I wonder how I can even get from one moment to the next...and then, I remember to *share my heart* and I find that there are so many who feel as I do and that I am not alone...and I remember that there are still so many blessings to be found....

That is why I write...as a way of Connecting to the Source of all that is Light and Love and Peace and Joy. I honestly believe that when I write, Spirit reminds me and reassures me and all those who hear what I share that there is hope, there is a Light in the dark days, there is a reason and a Purpose to even the most difficult of struggles. I have to believe that...and that is what gets me through whatever the current struggle might be...until I get to the other side of it...where there IS laughter and the inexpressible comfort of knowing you are understood, valued, accepted and Loved.

Rest assured, sweetheart, you are absolutely *Loved*.

xoxoxoxoCheri

Here, Frannie. This should make you feel young again!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MMMM - I know when I look at Gerry my body remembers a few things it thought it forgot!

We love you, Frannie. We're here for you and you just come on here and be a GIRL with the rest of us! That's one thing this place gives me . . . a chance to be and feel like a teenage girl again! Gerry makes me giggle and giddy, and the girls here just jump right in there with me.

:hearts:

Lisa

:wave: GALS! I'm sitting here nursing a sprained ankle and wanting so much to hug all of you!

Dear Fran...you don't have to be funny and cheerful all the time. You can just be yourself here--you know that. Anyway, :comfort:

Lisa, you have taken a very brave step to follow your heart's desire to write. I wish you much success, my friend. :hugskisses: Oh, and thanks for the decorations. :yummy:

Anna, great birthday pictures. Did you have some scones for me, love?

Mel, food poisoning is the pits! I had it when I was seven months pregnant with my first after eating some bad fish. It took my husband and I years to be able to eat fish again. Feel better and enjoy your retreat weekend!

Cheri, good to see you posting over here more! You are always so inspiring. Will try to remember to pray for David to get a permanent and suitable job.

Sorsha isn't saving me any champagne. Not fair! :kisswink:

Cassie, how did the shower go? Did you get lots of frilly, girly baby clothes? :lalala:

Peggy, has your asthma calmed down a little? I hope so. The pollen is really thick here now...it covers everything with the open windows.

Has anyone heard from Christine yet?

Well, the library is about to close, so I will sign off.

Hugs to all,

Andrea

Edited by annieday

OMG.....you guys so made me bawl and I just put my eyes on cause I'm going to dinner!!! I love you all and I swear I'll be alright I just get a little feel sorry for me now and then but when I look at other situations for some I feel really stoopid for acting like a baby! You have all made me feel so much better and yes I do have a purpose! Hell being a GAL is at the top of my list! And Lisa........you really know how to get my funner side back......Phew! Just look at the pics of that awesome man! :wuv: Anyway........................THANKS MY GALFRIENDS!

:kiss: Frannie

:wave: GALS! I'm sitting here nursing a sprained ankle and wanting so much to hug all of you!

Dear Fran...you don't have to be funny and cheerful all the time. You can just be yourself here--you know that. Anyway, :comfort:

Lisa, you have taken a very brave step to follow your heart's desire to write. I wish you much success, my friend. :hugskisses: Oh, and thanks for the decorations. :yummy:

Anna, great birthday pictures. Did you have some scones for me, love?

Mel, food poisoning is the pits! I had it when I was seven months pregnant with my first after eating some bad fish. It took my husband and I years to be able to eat fish again. Feel better and enjoy your retreat weekend!

Cheri, good to see you posting over here more! You are always so inspiring. Will try to remember to pray for David to get a permanent and suitable job.

Sorsha isn't saving me any champagne. Not fair! :kisswink:

Cassie, how did the shower go? Did you get lots of frilly, girly baby clothes? :lalala:

Peggy, has your asthma calmed down a little? I hope so. The pollen is really thick here now...it covers everything with the open windows.

Has anyone heard from Christine yet?

Well, the library is about to close, so I will sign off.

Hugs to all,

Andrea

In a word..........No..............I ate them all! hehe :wuv:

Anna - happy birthday, sweetie!! I'm glad to hear you've been having a marvelous day - you so deserve it. A lovely tea sounds just divine!!

Frannie - please don't run away!! When you are feeling low and not quite "with it" is when we most want to be able to be here for you. Not everyone is going to be feeling the same thing at the same time and we sure don't expect that of our GALS!! We love you and want to be able to offer you cyber hugs or a sympathetic ear (or eye) or whatever we might be able to do to help lighten the load that is keeping you feeling down.

Cheri - thanks for posting the poem, it is so beautiful it needed to be shared. We never know when our thread in the tapestry of life might inspire someone else's to go off into creating a beautiful new pattern so I'm happy to have any inspirational writings be allowed to sprinkle the universe with seedlings so we might hopefully watch something very special grow from it.

Lots of hugs and love to everyone!!!

Whoops! have to go now, I've been having a small glass of champagne...........medicinal...........and devouring a bag of Toffee Popcorn and now have very sticky fingers, and half a bag of Popcorn down my cleavage.........and on the sheets......time to clear out and climb in for a great nights sleep.......Bye Bye's.

hugs,

love ya,

Anna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Big Mama hugs for my Frannie!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

I love you.

:hugs:

Tracy

:hug::hug1:

Happy Birthday again, Anna!

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

*Noisy walker approaching, enter silverhaired gal*

- Fran! Daaaah'ling! We've all been there/are there at times! Here, have a gin'n'tonic and let's enjoy some

*Let's one young thing massage feet, another fan, - both "clad" in yellow towels*

OMG EM I just had the biggest laugh.....I clicked on the link you posted and it say's "We're sorry this vid is no longer available"!!! I don't know why but I found this to be hysterical...maybe because of my icky day and I said to myself just before I clicked on "oh good a Gerry vid that 'll make my day cheery" and than I clicked and read that! I'm still laughing! Thank you Sweetie for your effort anyway! :D I'm all better now......

:wave: Frannie