Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

Love Letters from the Lair

Count me in as one "happy" phan--so glad to see some life in here. Let's work hard to keep

it alive! Thanks, Deb, for that link--I intend to go back there and check it out some more.

Swannie, I don't post much, but I do check out your site whenever you send out an email.

I thought that "home made" production of POTO was really good for what those girls did.

Now I will be off to check out M. Crawford's last performance, kinda sad, really.

Also, welcome to our new "Mistress of the Master's Black Stallion!" Glad to have you here!

I hope with all my heart that the new PHANTOM show is a success, and if it SHOULD go to the

screen, that Gerry will be asked and willing to reprise his role. I think we would all have a hard time accepting anyone else.

Since I live on the other side of the continent, and don't have much extra $$, I probably will never make it to NY. I can only hope the show--if successful, comes to LA. I could probably do that--and would if it took my last dime! I sure would love to be able to get together for an opera or any event with you!

Big hugs to all!

Judith of the Lair, Keeper of the Innocents

and Guardian of the Royal Pug

Posted Image

Edited by mommaduck

Welcome to the Lair to our new Sisters! :wave: So happy to see you.

Just as a reminder, when quoting someone else's post, please don't quote their pictures or their graphics. If you really want to include the pictures, you need to remove the {img} {/img} in the picture code then it will just show up as a link. Be sure to ask if you need some help.

I found it easier as well when it comes to the graphic that we like to include with our name, to copy the photobucket code as well as the writing I want to include onto my notepad in my control panel. That way, I don't have to go into Photobucket each time I want to post AND I don't have to try to remember what type or color I'm using for my name. I'm hoping this makes sense. I've only had one cup of coffee so far. :lol:

:hugs: and love to all,

Your friendly, neighborhood Mod. :kisswink:

:kiss:

Jillian, Mistress of the Night

Posted Image

Thank you my Lair Sisters for the warm welcome! :wave:

Deb - I like that...can I add to it?

And, I have noooooooo idea for a picture...I guess I need a name first...ok,

let me put on my thinking cap.

Zanes~

You can do whatever you want to it. Swannie gifted me with my Lair name. I just added 'Writer of Love Letters' when I began doing that. I'm touched that you like it. It just came to me...and I think that he would be pleased.

I'm with Jilly, pasting my Lair name and pic on my notepad is a life saver!

Deb~ Erik's Steadfast Warrior, Protector of the Master's Ring, Writer of Love Letters

Posted Image

*peeks in quietly & shyly*

What goes on in here?

This is great!

Here is the job description for the Phantom. Sound like anyone we know?

Love Never Dies - A New Musical - Equity Principal Auditions

Category Performer

Description Broadway/Production Contract Currently $1,558/week minimum.

Producer: The Really Useful Group

Music: Andrew Lloyd Webber

Lyrics: Glenn Slater

Director: Jack O'Brien

Choreographer: Jerry Mitchell

Musical Supervisor: Gareth Valentine

General Manager: The Charlotte Wilcox Company

Casting: Telsey + Company

1st rehearsal: Approximately August 2009. Opening Night: Approximately October 2009.

Casting Director’s note: “Due to the ambitious nature of this production, which will premiere in London and New York in the same season, exact opening dates and cities cannot be confirmed at this time. However, it’s confirmed that rehearsals will take place in London prior to an out-of-town tryout, probably in Toronto, before opening on Broadway. We anticipate that these plans will be confirmed before final auditions or contract offers.”

In 1907 New York, the mysterious “Maestro” who runs the theatre at Coney Island announces a one-off concert by legendary Parisian soprano Christine Daaé. Her arrival in New York with husband Raoul, Victome de Chagny and son Gustave, and their subsequent meeting with the “Maestro”, bring the cataclysmic events of 10 years earlier at the Paris Opera crashing back into all their lives.

Seeking:

Phantom: Caucasian man, 35 – 40. As mysterious as ever, but thanks to his new surroundings and the private assistance of old supporters, he now enjoys the seeming freedom to walk among “the normal” as an entrepreneur in Coney Island, of all places! In fact, over the past 10 years, he’s achieved a place of power and success. But he is haunted by a creative passion that once filled his heart. Must possess effortless gravitas and sexuality. Powerful rock tenor singing voice. Must be able to sing to top B flat. STARRING ROLE.

What goes on in here?

Sapphyre,

Welcome! Please feel free to come join us "shy one". Everyone is welcome. You never know what we will do in here. Some write love letters to the Phantom "Erik". Some write poems about our " Master". We all try to share pictures of anything about POTO. You don't have to do anything special, so "don't be shy". We try to make this thread a place to come inside and enjoy the "Lair" environment. Can't you just imagine the musky smell and the coolness down here?

Swannie,

Good description of our guy..."with gravitas and sexiness". Oh, yeah...

Sally

Music Box Fairy~

Guardian of his Brave and Daring Soul

Posted Image

Warm hugs to the new Lair Sisters.

Thanks Deb for that link although I do need more time to thoroughly look it over.

Swannie, I promise to check out your site and Crawford's last performance......

I too find it very difficult to post in this thread. But know that I do read here. Our Master's presence fills me so deeply that it is hard to bring it to the surface with words without getting overly emotional.

Some day soon......the expression will come.

I also do not have a name and I would like one with a graphic as well. Swannie, I saw your question and I am thinking of what I would love to give our Master as a gift. I am a knitter (or a knit wit or happy hooker :funnyup: ) so I think I would knit him an afghan that is so warm and snuggly that the two of us would be able to just cuddle together.....yes, that would be my gift to him. He has been in the cold far too long and I want to bless him with warmth of a blanket and the warmth of my love......

Oh, there we go..can't see the screen anymore for the tears.....

:hugs:

Jewel, I will find a graphic for you. As far as a Lair Name:

Gerry's Jewel GAL: Knitting Maiden who weaves a blanket of warmth around the Master's heart

Just a suggestion, but if you don't like it, that's okay.

I'll search for a graphic now.

Swannie

Can't believe I found the perfect graphic. It's a thumbnail so click to see full size!

Posted Image

Do you like it, Jewel?

Swannie

GJ, I know how you feel. Sometimes the love I feel is so over-whelming that I cannot express it. That's where my love letters come from. I just have to get it out. Thankfully I have a place to do it, without fear of being ridiculed or made to feel like I'm crazy.

Enjoy the peace and serenity we have here, safe in the Master's embrace.

OMG Swannie! That is pairfect! See, this is why you are in charge of Lair Sister graphics! I know GJ will be pleased.

What goes on in here?

Sapphyre,

Welcome! Please feel free to come join us "shy one". Everyone is welcome. You never know what we will do in here. Some write love letters to the Phantom "Erik". Some write poems about our " Master". We all try to share pictures of anything about POTO. You don't have to do anything special, so "don't be shy". We try to make this thread a place to come inside and enjoy the "Lair" environment. Can't you just imagine the musky smell and the coolness down here?

Swannie,

Good description of our guy..."with gravitas and sexiness". Oh, yeah...

Sally

Music Box Fairy~

Guardian of his Brave and Daring Soul

*Sighs* I cannot write. However LadyFran did create the siggy *points down* for me from my own thoughts. The lyrics are that of Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls. I thought it would fit perfect for Phantom.

Hi Swannie. The job description sounds well suited.

So what do I need to do? Can I sit back & observe for a bit? I know how to compliment & read...just never been good with writing *sighs*

Sapphyre,

I'm sorry I got sidetracked and neglected to welcome you properly. The Lair is merely a thread where we Phantom/Gerry/Erik lovers can come and gush over him to our heart's content. We discuss various Phantom of the Opera related topics, but mostly we just share our feelings, talents and love for all things Phantom.

If you read the very first few posts on this thread, you'll get an idea what we are about.

If you'd like a Lair name, I'll be happy to suggest something, and I'm sure I can find a graphic just right for you.

I'm not sure how it all came about that we chose to be known by special Lair names, but it just adds to the romance of the whole thing. Kind of like role playing, I guess. You don't HAVE to have a name to post or enjoy this thread... it's all just for fun!

Swannie

:wave: Sapphyre and welcome to the Lair as well as anyone I may have missed.

You'll find folks with tons of creativity who like to write letters or poetry. Some like to draw. Some create videos. And others have yet more ways to express themselves. You'll also find folks like me that don't necessarily have a talent in the artsy department but were still touched by the Phantom of the Opera. We might find a moment throughout the day where we were reminded in some way of Gerry's portrayal, or the different stories that are out there about the Phantom. We've gone through periods of fast moving threads and other times where we are just moving along a slow-moving river.

Just enjoy yourself!

Posted Image

Thanks Swannie and Jilly. Gah wanted to say something about Jilly's name but it's OT.

I wouldn't mind a name.

Ya I have the ability to think *giggles* when I'm not swooning or drooling.

I lack complete artistic talent.

But I'm a cute faerie *points at very top avi*

For a name, how about

Sapphyre GAL: The Master's Faerie Maiden

here are a couple graphics to choose from: (they are thumbnails so click for full size)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can't believe I found the perfect graphic. It's a thumbnail so click to see full size!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/bonni...ing_by_Will.jpg

Do you like it, Jewel?

Swannie

Oh my, Swannie!!!! That graphic IS pairfect!! I just need to shorten the title somewhat, if you don't mind.

How about: Weaver of Warmth Around the Master's Heart?

Thank you SO much!

Edited by GerrysJewel

Thanks Swannie and Jilly. Gah wanted to say something about Jilly's name but it's OT.

Well MY curiousity is going now... :lol:

Posted Image

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/bonni...ing_by_Will.jpg

Do you like it, Jewel?

Swannie

Oh my, Swannie!!!! That graphic IS pairfect!! I just need to shorten the title somewhat, if you don't mind.

How about: Weaver of Warmth Around the Master's Heart?

Thank you SO much!

I don't mind at all. Glad you like the graphic!

Swannie

*a curtsey for The Master*

I love the first faerie and the name....so heavenly, it's music to my ears & I hope to his as well ;)

PS. What is the best way to post picture & name title? I'm still adjusting to PB & it's amazing ways of making things into thumbnail size.

Edited by Sapphyre

Something to share.....

So Kayla (Izzabeta) calls me up on the phone & we talk and talk. She insists I come up to her for Halloween. She insists she'll be Red Death & I'll be Christine (I'll look like a big piece of walking, talking, singing, cotton candy). So as she looked for her costume & I was admiring lovlies that are POTO related & handmade off of eBay.

We decided we were bored. We talked about singing. So she requested POTO.

I do not have the vocal range of Emmy Rossum.

She insisted.

So I would sing for her, she would sing for me & then we did Point of No Return (me as Christine) and we did "All I Ask of You" (me as Christine again).

She apparently loved my singing granted I know i was off key. It was fun.

I'd watch the youtube videos and sing later on and Phantom is so handsome & I hate to see him cry up on the rooftop.

I loved singing Point of No Return while watching the video. He's so handsome and powerful.

HOLEY MOLEY SWANNIE!...Ladies please heed what Swannie say's... :unsure:

:wave: Frannie

Wow Swannie, if they're not sitting down they'll fall flat out on their faces.That picture is :poof:

Mistress of His Roses

Posted Image Peggy