Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

Love Letters from the Lair

Love the poem Swannie!

Sapphyre GAL: The Master's Faerie Maiden

Posted Image

Ps Did I do my name right or should I leave out "Sapphyre GAL"?

Edited by Sapphyre

It's totally up to you. You can post your name how ever you want to!

(I love that icon!)

Swannie

Swansong GAL: Lady of the Lair,

'Guardian of the Master's Dreams'

And Willing OCPA Sufferer

Posted Image

Has anyone seen this manip?

I found it on the net and don't know it's made by.

Posted Image

I had to look close cause I made a couple something like that but I don't think that's one of them....Good one though! *THUD*

Ladyfran of the Lair 'Mistress of the Masters Cherished Violin'

Posted Image

Hi! Ladies, :wave:

I just asked if we could move into our own sub-forum.

Which Susan has graciously set up for us!

I will be moving all Lair threads to it right now!

(((HUGS)))

zany

*still have to think of a name*

Awwwww...Zany and Susan, thanks so much! Maybe if people can find the Lair threads a little easier, we'll get more ladies to join us!

Hey, I posted this video on my Chanson blog and thought I would post it here too! Enjoy!

Swannie

Posted Image

Edited by Swansong

Isn't it funny how we are about our bodies? I guess I'm as insecure about my aging flabby body as Erik is about his uncovered face. Now that is food for thought!

Swannie

Since naked can be taken both ways, I thought the poem was so beautiful, it should be pondered over a little more about Erik's nakedness without the mask. When I try to put myself in his place, I understand him more if I feel naked myself physically.(not pretty)

It also made me think of Gerry having to get naked in front of the world physically and emotionally, what he must go through. (All food for thought)

I had never heard of soul-dipping. How awesome is that concept!

Note on the youtube vid* For a three year old, he sure could remember so may of the words. I can't imagine him knowing what some of the words mean. I'm impressed.

Edited by cybrsal

Soul dipping is when 2 people in love gaze into one another's eyes long enough to count the little flecks and shadings of color. I have only done that with 2 people in my life; my husband and my first love in high school. (um... and Gerry's photos, if that counts) I think you have to do it in person.

Yes, Sally, my poem is both metaphoric and literal. I suppose for some people, metaphoric nakedness is much more difficult than physical nakedness. For me it is the opposite. I would rather remove the mask than take off my clothes.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Isn't it funny how we are about our bodies? I guess I'm as insecure about my aging flabby body as Erik is about his uncovered face. Now that is food for thought!

Swannie

Since naked can be taken both ways, I thought the poem was so beautiful, it should be pondered over a little more about Erik's nakedness without the mask. When I try to put myself in his place, I understand him more if I feel naked myself physically.(not pretty)

It also made me think of Gerry having to get naked in front of the world physically and emotionally, what he must go through. (All food for thought)

I had never heard of soul-dipping. How awesome is that concept!

Note on the youtube vid* For a three year old, he sure could remember so may of the words. I can't imagine him knowing what some of the words mean. I'm impressed.

I was shocked when I saw this video! When Nathan was 3, he was still unable to speak in complete sentences. This child is amazing and he even stays in key!

Posted Image

While following the link to listen to the 3 yr old sing MOTN - I found this: A 7 year old girl singing Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again. The first link is her live performance before she had any voice lessons. The second link is an audio of her singing the same song after 3 months of vocal training. My goodness - She may be Christine in a few years somewhere!

Weaver of Warmth Around Our Master's Heart

Posted Image

Edited by GerrysJewel

You guys find the coolest stuff! Makes it real easy for this Gutter GAL!

Wow! Our own sub-forum...that is so awesome! Thank you Zanes and Susan! :wuv:

Deb~ Erik's Steadfast Warrior, Protector of the Master's Ring, Writer of Love Letters

Posted Image

Edited by Knight Phantom

WOW! Thanks for sharing those links, GJ. That little girl has a true gift, and she is a good little actress too!

I love that song, it is my third favorite in the show.

Swannie

Posted Image

First of all Thank you Zany and Susan for our own sub-forum.Hopefully the lair will come back to life.

Those videoes in the last thread were fun.That little guy was as cute as he can be.I was amazed that he could remember as much of that song as he did.He made me laugh because he was so cute.

That little girl was amazing,OMG what a voice on her!

Thanks for sharing those vids, ther're great.

Mistress of His Roses

Posted Image Peggy

OMG< Look at the new siggy Frannie made for me! Isn't it to die for?

Swannie

OMG< Look at the new siggy Frannie made for me! Isn't it to die for?

Swannie

*gulp* YES!!!! Brilliant Frannie! Can't wait to see what you come up with for me! (all that man-nipping ya know! :pant: )

I cannot write very well. I'm not very gifted. Sometimes my writings sound good but that was many, many years ago.

This just came to mind as thoughts that turned into words as I began to type. I also normally don't share so openly but I feel this another "floor" if you will of the home of GALS that some of us share & delight in.

Here goes nothing.

Afraid of the Dark

I am afraid of the dark

I cannot see anything before me

There are noises that chill me to the bone

A warm sensation runs over me

I am no longer afraid

A hand, strong & sturdy rests upon my shoulder

He is here

The Angel of Darkness

He fears nothing

He sits beside me, holding me close

He whispers

You have nothing to fear, I am here now”

He kisses my cheek

I lie back down as he pulls the covers up to keep me warm

He brushes the hair out of my eyes

I can see his face now

I reach up to touch him

He holds my hand before kissing my palm

You are safe, go to sleep faerie maiden”

Sleep over takes my body & the fear dissipates

He rises from the bed & stands as a sentinel

In the corner of darkness in my room

Sapphyre GAL: The Master's Faerie Maiden

Posted Image

Edited by Sapphyre

Edit: Ooops sorry

Edited by Sapphyre

Evening my friends and fellow lair lovers. I'm fresh out of POTO siggies now but am making more soon ;) When they are complete and posted I'll let ya'll know ;)

-Izzy (Kayla)

Oh....goodie. more POTO siggies. Someone is going to have to snatch one up for me as I am always too late in claiming any of them.

Sapphyre - I especially liked the last part of your poem.

Posted Image

Edited by GerrysJewel

GJ one will be marked off for you straight away pumpkin ;)

Oh, you're the best, Izzy!! I can't have enough of POTO siggies!!!

Thanks!

:hugs:

Posted Image

awww GJ *blush* you are most welcome!

OMG, I'm gonna die! Deb, Sally...all you Lair ladies!

----------------------------

DAILY MAIL-BAZ BAMIGBOYE

BAZ BAMIGBOYE on how the new Phantom Of The Opera still has the old magic

By Baz Bamigboye

Last updated at 9:09 PM on 26th March 2009

The Phantom Of The Opera sequel, Love Never Dies, will open in the West End first, rather than on Broadway, the show's composer Andrew Lloyd Webber has decided.

He revealed to this column that London 'will have the edge over everybody', with the show opening at the Adelphi Theatre in late October or early November. (The original Phantom is still running, at Her Majesty's, London, 23 years after opening.)

The composer also told me - as I listened to a full orchestra playing his new score - that he wants Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess, who have developed the roles of the Phantom and his protegee, to originate the roles in London.

Ramin is the current Phantom in London, and Sierra was in a Phantom production in Las Vegas.

The idea is to open Love Never Dies in London, Toronto, New York and Shangai in quick succession. It's a mammoth undertaking that, combined, will cost many millions. Tickets for the Adelphi show are expected to go on sale in late May or early June.

'The Phantom has been so extraordinary in my life - the biggest musical I've been involved with so far. Somehow, after nearly 25 years, to come back to it again, it releases a lot,' Andrew old me, his voice trailing away wistfully.

Rehearsals with three full casts will take place in South-East London from August 17 for three months. Soon after its Adelphi inaugural, it will open at Toronto's Royal Alexandra Theatre and then, around next April, the cast from Toronto will drop down to Broadway - winding up in all likelihood at the Neil Simon Theatre.

Sometime, in the middle of all this, a production of Love Never Dies will open in Shanghai. It's a highly ambitious schedule, such a roll-out around the globe would normally take two years or more.

'Are you nuts?' I asked director Jack O'Brien, who has been working with Andrew, lyricist Glenn Slater and designer Bob Crowley. He laughed wryly: 'Some would think so. I prefer to think of myself as enthusiastic.

'It makes sense, though, rather than spend time doing this over a course of two or three years.'

He added that by rehearsing it all together, all the main casts will have a sense of 'ownership' of the project. However, it's Ramin and Sierra who have been laying down the blueprint.

For much of this week they were to be found at Abbey Road studios with Andrew, his regular recording team, Jack, Glenn, plus a 90-piece orchestra, laying down tracks from Love Never Dies for a concept album that may be released before or after the show opens.

'We don't believe in the recession in here,' the composer joked, as I watched conductor Simon Lee put the orchestra through its paces.

The lavish score will have to be re-adjusted for the stage production, which will feature a much smaller orchestra (probably about 26 musicians).

From what I've heard, it sounds like the best work Andrew has produced in decades. I confess, I didn't know he still had it in him - it's a score of high passion, full of longing and regret.

Director O'Brien noted that the music - and the show's story - are about maturity. 'Not only that, but a vast repository of his [Lloyd Webber's] own life and themes are coming back and being newly re-explored.'

He added pointedly: 'He's not phoning this in - it's all new stuff.'

Indeed, it is a completely different sound to the main melodies in the original Phantom show - however, the composer noted that there are a couple of tiny motifs that will be familiar to the many millions who have seen Phantom on stage or screen.

Love Never Dies finds the Phantom living in a fairground on Coney Island. He is somehow reunited with Christine, now married to Raoul and with a son.

Slater observed that the first Phantom was driven, emotionally, by youthful insecurities. This older Phantom is driven by adult regrets. 'It's about choices and consequences,' O'Brien added. 'This is about the road not taken.'

The director paid tribute to Lloyd Webber's 'passion'.

'It is like the last flowering of a great era of lyric romanticism - the theatre doesn't seem to have that any more.

'No one coming up feels this way, with that passion. And here's a story that no one knows better than he knows. Not only has he produced it, but he's outdone himself.'

Edited by Swansong

MODS, could one of you please make my new LLFTL thread visible and close this one down with a link to the new one? Thanks!

Swannie