Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Big Mike

post Vegas Blues

Guest DonnaKat

I came back to a litter of kittens on my porch and a coughed up hairball on my carpet.

What's there to be sad about? :confused:

:wave: Hi all!

I'm so happy for you all that such a great time was had!!

All your photos are super! Thanks for posting them and your stories so quickly so that all us non-Vegas GALS could participate a little bit in the fun! We all now know who *never* to ask a ride from!!!

What a great way to start off the new turn to your life, Lisa. I loved that photo of you with G Kennedy!!! And Moira too! OMG!!! You had a threesome!!! LOL!!!

Congratulations to all of you who won things, brava Kitty, *great* vid!! I hope your um *cough* feels better!! :) Deb, JEANS!!! I'd have them altered to fit me, if I were you, and probably never take them off again, except for washing from time to time, until they fell apart from old age LOL!!!

I know I had more to say, but I'll have to go over all the posts to find out what I forgot ....

Good luck everyone whp has the PVB's!

Thanks for all these great memories that you are sharing with us! :grouphug:

:hearts:

I still can't believe I didn't get to meet Linda, Sweet Tart! I saw her at the Ball Saturday night (didn't know who she was) and figured she was a VIP... so I did not even approach her!..... even though I have PMed with her on several occasions.

Hi Swansong, I’m so sorry I didn’t get to meet you in person too. I’ve always loved the way you write and if I had known you were there, I would have asked someone to point you out to me.

Are you talking about Linda, Sweetheart Angel? (Pretty white dress, long gloves, boufant hair, hubby?) She owns GB Angels. We share a wonderful "sister site" relationship with them and were glad to have several "Angels" in attendance this year!

heISmyGspot, thanks for having us. It feels so nice being part of the GB FANmily and I felt so welcomed.

Swannie, I finally introduced myself to Linda and found out who she was. She DID seem like a VIP! She was so sweet and nice.

Songbird, your name suits you and I was so glad you introduced yourself.

If I'd had a functioning brain (and time) on Saturday night I would have tried to make sure that Linda got introduced around. We've known each other since the night before we both had our first Gerry encounter following Leno in 2005. Linda and Mark had the front seats in the line for tickets and then went back to their hotel for sleep (while the rest of us stayed out on the sidewalk) but then later, sometime after midnight, Mark brought us a couple of big cups of hot chocolate to warm us up. Linda and Mark are two very dear people and I'm so glad they made it to the convention this year. I just wish more of you had the chance to meet them on Saturday night.

Susan~Sporran, please don’t feel bad you didn’t introduce us around. You were so busy that night and I hope you had a chance to relax and have some fun. You’ll be able to introduce us next year because we’d love to attend again!

You GALS are so sweet to think I was a VIP (you should see me without my boufant hair) LOL! I actually brought my name tag but I forgot to put it on. I posted all my photos from the Gala on my site and I wanted to post these photos here because I feel it exemplifies what sisterhood and sister sites are all about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We had a wonderful time and my hubby and I are looking forward to next year’s convention. I consider your GB Conventions the closest thing GBA will have to one of its own and I am grateful to have attended such a fun and friendly event. Thanks for a great time!

Hugs,

Linda

(GBA Site Administrator)

Ahhhhh, Linda! I don't have any photos of myself from Vegas to show you who I am! Not sure there will be many of me, because I sure did not pose for them. Next year we will meet for sure!

Swannie

Ahhhhh, Linda! I don't have any photos of myself from Vegas to show you who I am! Not sure there will be many of me, because I sure did not pose for them. Next year we will meet for sure!

Swannie

I got some piccys of you Swannie! And they're real cute too!

Edited by Knight Phantom

LINDA!!!!! THAT WAS YOU!!! You were sitting right across from me at the other table and I didn't remember it was YOU! OMB!!! I'm so sorry! I wish I had recognized you! You looked beautiful!

I think the PVBs are starting to hit me. I'm starting to feel sad and tired all the time. I think everything is coming to a screeching halt for me. I'm going to allow myself to sleep and rest tomorrow . . . Monday begins my new life.

Love you guys!!!

Lisa

Guest Pilar

I woke up this morning to silence.

It was horrible.

Not having Bella and Landa and Stacie giggling about something or other made me really sad.

Not seeing everyone's faces today made me sad.

So, I guess I will just HAVE to come to the Con next year. Count me in for helping with anything, MODS and ADMINS! You all did a wonderful, incredible job - and I don't think you all got to enjoy yourselves as much as you should have, you were all working so hard!

*jumping up and down, hand in the air* Pick me to help, pick me!! :lol:

:comfort:

... brava Kitty, *great* vid!! I hope your um *cough* feels better!! :)

Thanks!

And I'm feeling MUCH better, thank you! (Except for the big lump on my head. I guess I whacked it pretty hard!)

I've got the PVB's like a mofo hobbit!!

I am seriously distracted, like for instance at this moment I should be out on the shop floor selling phones and all I wanna do is read more posts and stay as close in touch with you all as I can from over here, thank the lord it's quiet!

I'm sure the inspiration will come but this one has hit me hard and at the moment I'm content to wallow in the Gerry Juice Blues!!

I came home inspired.... if not in total exhaustion, but now I've come down with a bug, so the PVB's have really set in. I do find myself on this board way too much, and I even read some old threads from the Vegas 06 convention. I'm pretty sure once I get over this bug though, I'll be ready to work hard on Chanson.... but for now, I'm sort of going on the fumes... the afterglow of Vegas 08, and wondering what Vegas 09 will bring.

Swannie

I've got a bad case of PVB right now! Yesterday was my first day back at work. All day long I kept thinking about how one week ago I was in Vegas! I miss everyone like crazy, and all I can say is, when do I sign up for next year, and is it June 09 yet???? :D

I don't know if I have PVB or not. However, I can't bring myself to finish unpacking. Everything I take out reminds me of something funny or silly or emotional that happened in Vegas. I live alone and it's just too darned quiet around here! I am blasting my "Celtic Thunder" CD to make some noise!

Also, I can't move without falling over an animal. I had to leave my little dog and cat in a kennel and neither of them has decided to forgive me yet. They are constantly underfoot, looking at me balefully and making me feel guilty. Its costing me a fortune in treats!!

I am sooo ready to start getting ready for next year! I felt so blessed to meet up with old friends and to make new ones this year. We gotta keep the party goin', GALS!!

Suzie

When I posed for lugerry to take this picture, she said, "Oh you had your hand in front of your face!" Of course, since we were on the haunted Vegas tour that dear Binks headed up, I was trying to look scared. The result was priceless, IMHO: Is that an orb over my shoulder?

Actually, I have been too busy catching up on cwappy real-life stuff to suffer from PVB. This year's con was so great - exactly what I needed to help me through a very rough time - I came home revived and ready to deal with the changes in my life. Thank you again to Dayna and the rest of the modsquad for this much needed intervention!

...and wondering what Vegas 09 will bring.

I can only say that if what's being bantied about comes to fruition -- you're gonna SH*T! SKWEE!!! I can hardly contain myself!! *does Hobbsie's demented poodle dance*

Snap, it's KILLING ME not being able to call you every time I see or think of something to tell ye! I FINALLY got the kids to let me wash their Irish soccer team jerseys! - they actually look GREEN again! :rotflmao:

Libby, we love you. Any one of us is only a call away! :hugs:

I can only say that if what's being bantied about comes to fruition -- you're gonna SH*T! SKWEE!!! I can hardly contain myself!! *does Hobbsie's demented poodle dance*

*Aims starts handing out adult-sized, heavy-duty diapers emblazoned with the GALS logo*

We'll be ready!!!

*salutes*

*Aims starts handing out adult-sized, heavy-duty diapers emblazoned with the GALS logo*

We'll be ready!!!

*salutes*

Posted Image

To Big Mike and all the attendees of the Vegas Conventions. My photos are now up and running, I hope everyone

enjoys them

Love

Sherrell/Bermos

To Big Mike and all the attendees of the Vegas Conventions. My photos are now up and running, I hope everyone

enjoys them

Love

Sherrell/Bermos

Had to tell you thanks for sharing the pics. It was like re-living the whole convention all over again. Thanks so much! They were great!

Loved everyone's pics that have been put in the gallery so far. Can't wait for more. :D

I don't know if I have PVB or not. However, I can't bring myself to finish unpacking. Everything I take out reminds me of something funny or silly or emotional that happened in Vegas. I live alone and it's just too darned quiet around here!

OMG.... Meeeee toooooo! I had to go directly to work from Vegas so I didn't get to unpack my big suitcase. I just took stuff out and washed clothes as needed. It's still sitting here... packed. I suppose I should actually do that today. I think its some subconscious way of not wanting Vegas to actually be over. Yep, I definitely have PVB.

I miss laying out in the sun. I miss getting dressed up at night. I miss dancing. I miss everybody! I miss not having Lish and Sporran to wake up to laughing about something or other. I miss getting cute boys for Lish. I don't seem to want to watch Gerry movies without all of you in the hospitality suite in our PJ's. Yep. PVB.

Edited by Football Princess

Snap, it's KILLING ME not being able to call you every time I see or think of something to tell ye! I FINALLY got the kids to let me wash their Irish soccer team jerseys! - they actually look GREEN again! :rotflmao:

Libby, we love you. Any one of us is only a call away! :hugs:

Darn Skippy!! Ok Girl a fixed(flexi) skype date needs to be made at least once a week! I need my Holly fix

Oh I miss the boys I fear I may be a puddle of emotion when I see them on skype next time!

I am just serverly jet lagged - i knew it was wrong to go back to bed on Saturday morning as that has put my hole bodyclock out. I seem to be going to sleep at 6am and sleeping the day away. Luckily for me I am off all this week.

I had a fantastic time in Vegas and even though it is run by GALS I am sure it attracts Gerry fans from every site so I kind of see it as a communal get together of Gerry fans everywhere. :yay:

I just love Vegas - not the heat - and can't wait until next year. I loved Jay White too. :kiss:

I'm going to get my photos loaded in a bit. I think as long as I can get on GALS anytime I don't suffer from PVB -my internet crashed earlier and I was told it would be a week before a new disc would be sent out and that filled me with dread no internet for a week - no gerry for a week - no GALS for a week. Thankfully I knew more than the idiots at AOL and I am up and running again. :funnyup:

Moira