Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Songbird

2009 CONVENTION ALREADY BEING PLANNED!

My favorite movie, my favorite color-scheme, my favorite phrase, and the synergy of having had several of us on the Mod Squad simultaneously come up with the idea that this needed to be our theme for next year. It was simply meant to be, you see!!

AMEN SISTAH SUSAN!!

I'm so excited that I have been smiling for nothing like a doofus for like an hour.

Smiling, and plotting cookies, no doubt!

Call Marlin Perkins!!! I think I need to be darted for a few months!!!

Yep, I'm "well-seasoned" enough to totally "get" that one!

Lisa, thanks for your offer of help! I'm sure we'll eventually begin a helpers thread like this last time!

Dawny, if you're holding the resusitation paddles for KB, then that means YOU'RE going to be there too, right? Hobbesy, you too, right? :wuv:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Call Marlin Perkins!!! I think I need to be darted for a few months!!!

:vegasbaby:

ROTFL

Dawny, if you're holding the resusitation paddles for KB, then that means YOU'RE going to be there too, right? Hobbesy, you too, right? :wuv:

LOL, I love ya, Katie and they better be there or I'm coming after them with a big, baseball bat. :lol:

I'm so excited that I have been smiling for nothing like a doofus for like an hour.

:lmao:

And I'm already counting down and plotting how to save $$ to make sure I'm there. This is TOO great. All the gutter gals in one place. OMG!!! :pointy:

How many days does the convention usually last? I work in the wedding business and I can never get saturdays off...especially in june. Do you have events on more than one night? I love to go next year.

I AM ALREADY THERE!!!! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO MUCH EXCITEMENT!!!! :galdown:

I have agoraphobia and I am really poor. I'll never get to go except in spirit. Still I am Gerry's fan just the same. I just have to wait until he comes out on DVD as I can't go to the movies either.

Love,

Tracy

Isaboo - the convention is officially two nights - Friday and Saturday. Two of the past 3 years we had a Gerry movie screening on the big screen at The Brendan (home of CineVegas) which was on Saturday morning. Some people get together for various activities on Thursday night as well - dinner, a show, or just to hang out and chat.

I'm taking a much needed break from editing my POTO costume vid, and what do I see????

Well, shiver me timbers! I will BE THERE!

As long as I don't have to wear a sarong. Or a bikini.

Now, if we can get Gerry there in a wetsuit, that would be a REAL BONUS!

I'm taking a much needed break from editing my POTO costume vid, and what do I see????

Well, shiver me timbers! I will BE THERE!

As long as I don't have to wear a sarong. Or a bikini.

Now, if we can get Gerry there in a wetsuit, that would be a REAL BONUS!

:yummy:

Ok I have just packed up my camel, then a raft. I have to leave now to get there on time.

I am seriously trying to get there. So basically what do I have to allow for financially (I think I may have an idea about the sanity part) The convention, accomodation, my ticket (just in case a plane comes my way in Perth) play money and food!. Anything else? Please help as I am a convention-al virgin!

Love Charli

Charli, I am right there with ya!

Well, I'm so happy for all of you GALS who will get to go next year...I'll stay here and hold down the fort with the "incredibally depressed, financially stressed, insanely jealous, I promised my husband & son a 1 year break, line of NON attendees"......yep, as I have told several already....as much as it breaks my heart, 09 isn't happenin for me.......... :tissues: Miss you guys already!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!! This is the best thing I've heard all day!!!

To all you GALS and fans from all sites.... each year after the convention, many of us SWEAR up and down that we will NOT miss out on next year's event, and I know things do come up.... especially this year with soaring food and fuel costs, horrible weather conditions and other economic woes. Every year we have a fallout as people either decide not to come and or cancel their plans.... yeah, sometimes life just happens that way!

So if finances are an issue (and aren't they for all of us?)...I encourage you to start now! Start planning to attend now by setting aside a little $$ each month toward the Convention. I have no idea what all they are working on for next year.... but you can bet it will be worth every penny!

What a great theme our team have come up with for 09'.... already the excitement is building!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Swannie, I wish the money was the only issue....but I have made a solemn promise to my husband and esspecially my son, who I have left behind for 2 years now, that next year we will take a family vacation.....Vegas would be no fun for a 12 year old...he could not attend any convention events, and we could not leave him alone of course, so it is out of the question.As painful as it will be, I will have to wait for 2010....

Well I have NO plans on having another kid next year so I'm good to go. I have a family reunion in early June in Vegas as well so I'm hoping that it falls during the same weekend. If not, I've already told my hubby that if I had to choose - screw the family reunion I'm doing the GALS convention and just bring them (hubby and kids) along w/me this time. ooohhh I can't wait!

Cassie

Amy, I'm so sorry. :wuv:

Think of it this way... In 6-10 years, your son will spread his wings and fly from the nest, so cherish those times while you can. As for we Gerry fans, we'll still be here, appreciating Gerry and each other.

Take it from me, I still can't believe my daughter (and only child) is 21 now. You really do seemingly turn around and they are grown, although while one is "in the whirlwind" it sometimes seems like it will never happen!

Tracy, just like your own situation, and so many others, there are going to be years when some are unable to attend, and some members who will never be able to attend. I hope the fun that we all have here on GBGALS EVERY DAY helps fill that void a bit.

:hugs:

Katie

You GALS are so good to be stating it already, more hope for the ones, like me who couldn't make it this year.

I hope you don't have to miss another one, too, Dina! :hug1:

Aw thanks. :wuv:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So, tell us, K. *holding mic out* Are you excited? ;)

OMG! OMG! OMG! :woo: I, uhhhhh ......... Oh WOW!!! :yahoo: ..............gaaaaaaaah!............Hell's bells! Where's the bathroom??? :flee:

OMG! OMG! OMG! :woo: I, uhhhhh ......... Oh WOW!!! :yahoo: ..............gaaaaaaaah!............Hell's bells! Where's the bathroom??? :flee:

K, I love you. You know that? Expect a rib crushing hug in Vegas next year woman. :kiss:

This whole thing has me over here :lmao: Pfft! I wish. :lol:

IM SO EXCITED. I think K is enough for everybody.

I was so disappointed that I couldn't attend the convention this year now I am worried about not being able to attend next year because my daughter graduates in June! So I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed hoping the dates don't conflict. :unsure: