Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

SAVE THE DATE!!! JUNE 26-27, 2009

The only requirement for attending (aside from the fact you have to pay) is you must be at least 21. This one is an adults only event, no kids, not even when accompanied by an adult.

thanks for the up date. I all ready ask it off at work. I cant wait to go again. Even if i go by myself. This is my time and I am going to try and get in early this year. gemstone.

:hello::wave::cheer2::drink: June 26th and 27th...2 days after my birthday...what a perfect way to celebrate......I will be there again.........Can't wait to see you all again..I had a blast last time.

Take care everyone...............

:hugs:

Pamela

Stupid question from the new girl...

I read on a post Gerard was at this convention, is he always there?

just asking...

No, he isn't always there. He was there for a brief visit in 2006. He also made a phone call to Dayna during the convention this past June.

I assume he'll be invited but there is no promise, guarantee or any expectation that he will be there. The convention is mostly about getting together with your friends that you've made online as well as contributing toward our charitable foundation.

Hope to see you there! :wave:

And it isn't a stupid question. :kisswink:

:tissues:

Hi,

I have been a fan of Gerard for a long time but new to the site. Regarding the convention-will Gerard be attending or is this a girls weekend.

I am interested and I love Las Vegas. Got married there.

Cheers, Themis380

Themis, see this post:

No, he isn't always there. He was there for a brief visit in 2006. He also made a phone call to Dayna during the convention this past June.

I assume he'll be invited but there is no promise, guarantee or any expectation that he will be there. The convention is mostly about getting together with your friends that you've made online as well as contributing toward our charitable foundation.

Hope to see you there! :wave:

And it isn't a stupid question. :kisswink:

I suppose this is a good time to re-iterate especially for newbees do not base you coming to Vegas on the hope Gerry will be there. As many have mentioned he did surprise the Gals at the first Vegas Convention in 2006 but even he himself has admitted you can't make a habit of turning up at your fan conventions. Gerry does normally provide a few things for the raffles etc but this is about the fans and getting together with like minded individuals and having a blast for a few days. I think we all appreciate Gerry has got so huge and there are various sites dedicated to him that do Conventions and Get Togethers and IMHO he can't show up at all of them and I expect he is very careful to not want to show favouritism of one site over another etc. What I like about Dayna's Convention is it is not just a convention for GALS but for fans in general so regardless of what site you belong to you are always welcome - hence it just being called Gerard Butler Fan Convention.

Moira

Well said Moira!!!!

You going?

Raz

I'm going to try my best to go, I've been saving for it so hopefully money won't be a problem. I really can't wait to meet everyone in person. Sound like fun!

:hugs:

Tap

Not sure as my colleague is off for 2 weeks around that time and my boss does not like any more than one off at a time.

Moira

thanks for the information about Gerard attending. It would be nice but I understand that if he cannot make it, I still might be coming. It all depends on my schedule. If there are any Moonlight - Alex O'loughlin fans here, I just went to a Gala in Chicago and he was not there but a few other actors from the show did show up. We had a great time.

Themis

Oh yeah, Themis....there definitely ARE Alex O'Hotlin fans here!! :pant::yummy:

I'll be back with a link to the thread, or I'll PM you! :lol:

Well, since I have my new job and I can only ask off 60 days in advance, it does not look promising that I'll make it this convention. I can't afford to invest any $ for reservation, plane and room and take the risk of being told no. Maybe I'll find out more after the new year begins.

Well, I was there last year and had a BLAST!!!! The new squeeze and I are planning on attending this year if we can keep bills down long enough to save the money.

June 27 will be our 1 year anniversary of the night we met... so I think Vegas is a perfect place to celebrate. We might have to skip out early and watch the midnight Bellagio fountain show from the observation deck of the Paris Eiffel Tower... I need my Vegas moment. Missed it last year with that awful kisser guy who pinned me up against the pop machine. :bonk:

Missed it last year with that awful kisser guy who pinned me up against the pop machine.

Missing "Vegas" due to a bad kisser?!

:sad:

Sounds like the perfect anniversary get away to me, Lishous! :kiss:

Can't wait to see you again, too, Pam! Final plans are ramping up for sure! SKWEE!

hi I just want to know if you have the code for the hotel ? So I can call and get a room. GEMSTONE.

You know I'll be there

We are working on obtaining the code today, as a matter of fact. There was a need for clarification so as to avoid confusion between the reservations department and the convention department at the Hilton. This info should be forthcoming in the next few days (if not sooner). We'll start a thread with the info so that no one misses it!

Spot

Well I have good news and bad news. Good news is I finally get to go to Vegas! The bad news...it's not with you guys. :tissues:

I have a family vacation planned for the 1st - 5th of June, the in-laws are joining us and I couldn't get them to agree to later in the month. I tried, but no luck. I was hoping to sneak off and visit with the GALS, but I'll be about three weeks ahead of you. Watch, this will be one time that Gerry does a suprise pop in to visit with you all! And I'll miss it. lol

Have Fun!

Stacey :vegasbaby: