Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sunbeach

Junket for RocknRolla

Hi Everyone,

Now that the trailer is out for RocknRolla, the press Junket should be starting soon, and of course the

interviews, how do we know when that will happening, and when he will start making appearance?

Have Great Days

sunbeach

Hi Everyone,

Now that the trailer is out for RocknRolla, the press Junket should be starting soon, and of course the

interviews, how do we know when that will happening, and when he will start making appearance?

Have Great Days

sunbeach

Hi sunbeach, and :welcome:

I moved your topic from the How To section, which is a tutorial of how to post pics, get siggies, etc., to Gerry Movies > RocknRolla.

I also edited out the Jay Leno part of your title. It seemed as if the thread was announcing Gerry being on The Tonight Show (that's how I perceived it when I first saw it) so I changed it to "When and Where?"

I hope the answers to your questions will be answered in the near future. I'm sure you'll see it here on GBGALS whenever that happens!

:hugs:

Songbird

~Katie~

The press junket usually doesn't begin until the week prior to the premiere. The film premieres first in the UK so there should be some press buzz there beginning the end of August. It doesn't premiere in the U.S. until the end of October so we probably won't see much on it until about the 3rd week in October. There should be some press around whatever they are going to reveal to us at Comic Con at the end of July, I don't know if Gerry will be participating in that or not, so far no details have been released, but I know many of us are hoping Gerry will be there.

Hi Katie,

Thank you for taking care of that for me, this is the place to get any information on Gerry, it's really great

Thanks again

Jo

Hi Katie,

Thank you for taking care of that for me, this is the place to get any information on Gerry, it's really great

Thanks again

Jo

Thankls for this information.

I was just watching the British Graham Norton show.........He always gets his guests to do something hilarious sometimes in conjunction with audience volunteers!(they were doing their best party piece this week)

Edited by suse

I was just hoping that Gerry would go on the Jonathan Ross Friday night chat show in Britain in support of Rock'nrolla , but he will probably be filming LAC at the end of August/ September.

I'd like to think even if he is filming LAC he will still get 2-3 days off to come over for the UK premiere and do various PR things like magazines and the odd tv show. He appears to have top billing it just depends on whether LAC can work around his absence. I am sure when you sign up to films you sign up to the necessary PR too and I am sure those sorts of things are taken into consideration when deal breaking future movies that will coincide timeing wise. He was making Game and did the PR for PSILY from the Friday to the premiere on the Sunday and I'm sure Game was not just a Mon to Fri shoot.

I suspect if they can't release him because he is more popular in the US chances are they will leave the UK PR to other cast members and he will do alot of the US PR. With not living in the US apart from fans of the various actors is this film looking forward to the release is it garnering any buzz stateside yet - maybe too early. Hope it gets positive buzz at Comicon in July. It hopefully looks like a return to form for Guy Ritchie as his last 2 films flopped big time in the US and UK for that matter. If it gets the buzz it will get the backing and publicity stateside.

Moira

I hope he will be able to come to London! I have just started thinking about it - it's not so far from my country, and the beginning of September is not so busy for me yet.... Well, it does not depend on us, so let's hope.... :pointy::pointy::pointy:

Hi newbies sunbeach and suse,

let's hope Gerry does do some UK TV to promote the movie, I'll be glued to my set, he usually gets on the BBC Breakfast show too.

Getting excited,

hugs,

Anna X

Well daytime TV would be great, Gerry needs to visit the Lorraine Kelly Show after all she thinks he is a "big boy"remember the video snippet from the Nims island junket.

I think being on a few chat shows like Jonathan Ross or Graham Norton would be good for him..............he has the quick wit to cope well with both of them. James Mcavoy has been on JR twice since September

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the great information, I live in California, not far from LA, I want to try and get down there when he's making the rounds, I would love to see him in person, not hound him, just stare a bit... :drool1: and maybe get a autograph, if he's not too swamped.

Talk to you later

Jo

I know that Gerard starts filming LAC on 18th August, so I think he will probabaly take some time out to attend the UK premiere of Rocknrolla and deal with promotion etc. It will be great to see him in the the flesh if possible over here and just have an oppurtunity to see him on our TV for a change. I really hope he'll be available.

I'm sure he'll do all he can to be here at the UK premiere and unless something happens with the filming of LAC I am sure all future promotion for past films are taken into consideration when accepting new roles - but as they say Hollywood can't wait for one man so unexpected things do arise. There is a bit of confusion surrounding the actual release date as I remember reading it was originally 19 Sep then IMDB had it as 12 Sep and still do but Empire have it as 5 Sep. I have a feeling it may get released in London a week before going Nationwide. My guess and I'm only going by previous UK premieres is it could be held anytime from last week in August onwards if it is indeed 5 Sep.

I plan to be in London so if any UK or US fans for that matter who fancy making the trip want to meet up just pm.

Moira

Since it was filmed there and the actors are pretty much all British, I'm thinking there will be a lot of British press that he'll have to do..maybe even some talk shows, but I think it would go along with when it's released there..it's got to be in his contracts that if he's filming a movie he has to leave to promote other movies, but I'm not sure.

I bet your right, it makes complete sense, I'm going to keep an eye out.

Have a great day

Jo

I could make it down to London but whether I'm up to the crowds is another matter............but I would love to see him in London.

Never mind I'm sure there will be a great turn out for him.

hugs,

Anna x

I think that it would make sense for him to go the London premiere as that will probbaly be the world premiere. Also if there is an actor's strike, it could push the start of filming of LAC back.

I've just seen FOUR Gerard Butler films advertised in UK Radio Times as being shown on TV this week. 300, Reign Of Fire, PS I Love You and One More Kiss. I've never seen him advertised on TV over here like that before.

Perhaps this is the start of a build up for him and his promotional work in the UK re Rocknrolla?

I hope so.

Edited by jackie62

I seem to remember reading that a special dispensation had been signed in order that the filming of LAC could go ahead without any problem. If that is the case any UK premiere for RnR would be held right in the middle of filming. A London premiere, if there is one, would probably be held somewhere in the ten days before the movie opens on 5th September. I'm sure many of us will make the effort to be there on the day - just in case Gerry is able to attend.

Maybe we shall have some news on this around the middle to end of August. I do recall that there was extremely little notice given regarding the London premiere for 300 ... only about ten days or so. We'll just have to keep waiting and watching.

Jackie, I saw the number of movies mentioned in Radio Times too. Perhaps the breakthrough has been made at long last. We can but hope.

Yes Patsy you are right as The Film Department is an independant Company hence why they could get a waiver.

The City of Westminster website lists all film premieres to be held within the Westminster area and I think the same as you as per my previous post if the film is released 5 Sep it could be held anytime from Monday 25 August onwards. Mama Mia was held Monday there and that is released next friday.

Moira

Just noticed on the thread re RocknRolla getting a 15 certificate from the Film Classication Board that they also have a UK release date of 12 September and not 5 September. I'm still figuring maybe they will still release it on 5 Sep in London as per the Empire Trailer but the premiere will be held in the week leading up to the 5 Sep release and maybe not the week before as I originally thought.

Moira