Gerard Butler GALS

Where we come from in pictures

GreenEyes

I got the idea from Anna, in another thread, that we should post pictures depicting where we come from, landscapes, city life, monuments, etc... I love to discover different places in the world I've never been to.

Different views of the Laurentian mountains.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Museum where I used to work. I swear the place is haunted! I could tell you some crazy stories that went on at this place! LOL

Posted Image

Main street in Lachute, where I live. Where only around 11,000 inhabitants here.

Posted Image

I'll post more later on. :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, sorry to jump right on this - BUT I adore your siggie. OMG. that's sweet!

Thanks :) I love it too. I think he looks happy and peaceful. That's how I like to imagine Gerry at home.

Guest DonnaKat

What a neat idea! I took these a couple of summers ago while I was doing interpreting work downtown. I actually live about 38 miles from the Arch, in a suburban adjoining county.

The Gateway Arch:

Posted Image

View from the top of the Arch:

Posted Image

Another view from the top of the Arch:

Posted Image

View of Busch Stadium taken from the top of the Arch:

Posted Image

Downtown riverboat on Arch grounds:

Posted Image

The Old Courthouse in downtown St. Louis:

Posted Image

Lafayette Park in South St. Louis:

Posted Image

Guest greyeyegoddess

I actually think we did something like this before, but hey, new fans, new places.

I'd love to give you pictures of our area, but Northern California is on fire and the air quality isn't that great right now.

I'll look for sumpin'.

~alice

:music:

I actually think we did something like this before, but hey, new fans, new places.

I'd love to give you pictures of our area, but Northern California is on fire and the air quality isn't that great right now.

I'll look for sumpin'.

~alice

:music:

I saw that on CNN. Is it getting any better? We got some fires around here too at the beginning of the month, but never to that extent.

I hope you get some rain soon!!

Ok-I only have one contribution. It's Philadelphia at night. Not to beautiful but I sure do miss my hometown.

Chrissy

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cth...ephia-1-1-1.jpg

Edited by discoveringme
Picture changed to link. Exceeded our 250 x 250 guidelines.

Ok-I only have one contribution. It's Philadelphia at night. Not to beautiful but I sure do miss my hometown.

Chrissy

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i224/cth...ephia-1-1-1.jpg

I think it is beautiful. There's something about a city at night that's just magical in my opinion. :) Thanks for posting it.

Edited by greyeyegoddess
please change photos to links when responding, thanks!

Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Just took a few pics off the gov't website . We are so boring compared to all these cities!!

LOL I don't think PEI is boring at all. :) You have such nice scenery there. The beaches alone are to die for!!! I was there 5 years ago and every summer, I vow to go back. Unfirtunatly, I haven't had the chance to so far.

Hmmm, Wilmington does not have much to show off, being the first state and about 30 mins from Philly, I consider it a suburb of Philly lol!

Maybe I can find something................off to go hunting.........for pics that is!

Thank you for starting this thread, I love it. :kiss:

Posted Image Here the river flows under the main road in town,

Posted Imagecomes out here on the other side by the Town Hall.

Posted ImageThe Stand Hotel, an old stage coaching stop on the main road from Bristol to London, it was the main route before modern roads were built!

Posted ImageThis was the site of the town stocks, 'beware ye villians'

Posted Image Beside the river looking back up Church street to St Mary The Virgin Church.

Posted Image The Kings Arms on the 'new' road through

Posted Image Taken last summer, my modern cottage..........

Posted Image wish it looked like this!

Well, that's were I live,

hugs,

Anna X

Anna, I love where you live!! It looks beautiful!!

I used to be where DonnaKat is from well for 6 months I was born there.

Now I live in the Land of Ghettofabulous Rednecks

newalbany.jpg

LOL I Googled and found my Doctors office.

th_na.jpg

Downtown

main%20stree%20park%20&%20mural%20copy.jpg

More Downtown

th_ch.jpg

Court House where I got my marriage license.

th_hh.jpg

I loved this sign since I was a kid.

th_fair.jpg

The fair

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/disp...ff0cd7c9b54.jpg

Edited by JustCallMeTracy
Last pic was larger than 250x250; try a clickable thumbnail. Thanks!

Pictures of my backyard. We had so much snow this past winter. The house wasn't visible from the street at all. By the end of winter, we evaluated the hight of the snow bank in front at around 15 feet!!! It finished melting at the end of May! LOL I never thought we'd have flowers this year, but it's actually a great year for them since they were protected from the cold by that abondant snow. Just to give you an idea, I'll post some pictures taken today to compare the backyard. LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front of the house :

Posted Image

My dog Maggie. I'm trying to get her on a diet but she keeps stealing food from the cats. She's such a piggy!!

Posted Image

Quebec flag in the snow storm. Our provincial flag looks alot like Scotland's flag, same blue, white cross (straight instead of diagonal) and 4 fleurs de lys for our French heritage. The picture is hazy, but that's just how hard the snow was falling with 100 kilometers winds. LOL

Posted Image

Edited by GreenEyes

Guest DonnaKat

View of the Arch from Laclede's Landing:

Posted Image

...and getting a little closer to home....

Main Street in St. Charles Historical District:

Posted Image

Veterans Memorial:

Posted Image

Great to see everyones pictures. I always find it interesting to get a glimpse into what other poeples lives are like and what its like where they live!

These are all pictures that I took myself. Photography is my passion...as you will see if you look thru my my online portfolio.

Cleveland isn't the most glamorous city...but it has it's good points.

You can click on all the pictures to see them bigger if you want.

This is North Coast Harbor and the cool building in the middle is the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame...which every music lover should visit at least once.

Posted Image

The Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame

Posted Image

This is The Flats which used to be the place to go to party. Club after club after club. They are trying to bring it back to life because it really is a cool area.

Posted Image

Another shot of The Flats

Posted Image

This is Brandywine Falls and is about 5 minutes from my house. Sadly...I don't go there as often as I should. It's beautiful.

Posted Image

My concrete oasis in the backyard! Or at least I try and pretend its an oasis.

Posted Image

My home sweet home. It's nothing fabulous.....but its mine.

Posted Image

Home sweet home during a blizzard last winter.

Christmas time!

Posted Image

Edited by isaboo

Your house is adorable. I love it! It looks very comfy and cozy.

Awh...thanks Donna! It was hideous prior to me living there. I'm working hard to make it my own. Lots more work to be done. Oddly enough....I grew up across the street from this house. So....my parents live across the street from me. Not always cool when you want to have "friends" over!

Edited by isaboo

This was a great idea! I live in San Antonio, Texas which is also the home of Lady Elissa and her family. We are the second largest city in Texas and the seventh largest city in the USA. We are located in Southern Texas where it gets very hot and muggy in the summer, but the winters are mild and usually damp (NOT this year!) Last time we had snow here was about 1984 and it only lasted a day!

This is the Alamo, considered to be the Cradle of Texas Liberty. We are Texas proud and that extends to the fact that no building downtown is allowed to cast a shadow on the Alamo!

Posted Image

The Tower of the Americas was built for Hemisfair '68 (World's Fair) I understand there is a restaurant at the top that revolves. I wouldn't know-I don't do heights, so I'm not going near it!!

Posted Image

This is the world famous "Riverwalk". They actually have some dinner cruises on the river barges which can be very romantic at night.

Posted Image

This is the Riverwalk during the Holidays. Beautiful colored lights drip from the trees and there is lots of holiday music and even a procession on the river using the barges to tell the story of the Holy Family. (Note: during April we celebrate Fiesta San Antonio and have the only evening river parade in the US!)

Posted Image

The front of my house:

Posted Image

San Antonio is very friendly and we serve the bestest Margaritas in the world. Come on down and see us, y'all!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma