Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Article in Sunday Herald with Gerry-mention

Thank you to lesvanyr for the heads up on this article.

Article from Sunday's Herald about the Scottish author of "Wanted", which opens this Friday (starring James McAvoy)

Sunday Herald

Mention of Gerard Butler and "300" in paragraph near the end:

Millar's friend Frank Miller is another whose characters have been propelled into our cinemas. His comic series Sin City was filmed in 2005 and starred Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson and Benicio del Toro among others. In 2007 his comic 300, which told the story of the Battle of Thermopylae from the point of view of the Spartans, came to the screen with Gerard Butler, another Scottish actor, playing the Spartan king Leonidas. As fast as they can write them, Hollywood seems ready to devour them "Everything gets optioned, even the absolute rubbish," says Millar. "There are hundreds of books out every month, and a lot of them are new books, but anything gets optioned just in case it looks any good. Of course, that means it can lie for years with nothing being done to it."

Very interesting about Mark Millar - he's only 38 and his latest creation "Kick-arse" has already been picked up for a film. This is a guy to watch.

See you learn something new everyday! I watched the promo for Wanted and it looks like a winner but cool to know the writer is Scottish....Don't know why that excites me but it does! :music: Maybe just a little part of the reason foe JM being the leading man in this type of movie....not that I don't think he'll do it justice cause he looks Dern good ............wonder if AJ reuested a Scot ...after Gerry she might likey! :cunning::D ..........Thanks Susan....

:wave: Frannie

See you learn something new everyday! I watched the promo for Wanted and it looks like a winner but cool to know the writer is Scottish....Don't know why that excites me but it does! :music: Maybe just a little part of the reason for JM being the leading man in this type of movie....not that I don't think he'll do it justice cause he looks Dern good ............wonder if AJ requested a Scot ...after Gerry she might likey! :cunning::D ..........Thanks Susan....

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Great article! Gerry is showing up everywhere!