Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 53rd floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 16 floors to go to reach 69 again!

:bday:

Yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of the first GALS website so this floor is going to be our birthday party!! It's fun to look back to where we began, and then forward to where we are headed, while thoroughly enjoying where we are today. GALS has come such a long way from just a funny idea for a thread, to one of the largest Gerry fan sites in the world. Gerry knows about us and he is proud of what we've done for each other and for charity. We've formed amazing friendships and started our very own charitable foundation all born of our interest in (or lust for) Gerard Butler, but it has transcended just fandom and become fanmily - we care deeply for Gerry but even more deeply for one another. So let's celebrate all that GALS has been and all that GALS is - and all that we hope it will become!!

And a HUGE thank you to Gerry for being the inspiration for all of this, you just keep on doing what you're doing, and we'll keep doing what we're doing and the synergy is MAGIC!!

:whome2:

HIP HIP HOORAY!!

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Highrise #2 Floor #46 - Weather GALS

Highrise #2 Floor #47 - The Beautiful Truth

Highrise #2 Floor #48 - The Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #49 - Still the Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #50 - Dance, Dance, Dance

Highrise #2 Floor #51 - Keep On Dancin'

Highrise #2 Floor #52 - Follow Your Purpose

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ALL of the above symptoms!!! I even went so far as to purchase Lucy Sullivan dvd's from Australia and I have no idea if they will even play in my dvd players. But I had to have them!! AND.....I am contimplating a road trip to Detroit just in hopes of the chance that I'd find where he's filming LAC!! I'm sick, I tell you! SICK!!

Edited by isaboo

Posted Image Just wanted to stop by and wish my Sis and her Hubby a Happy Anniversary!! Hope your day turns out better than it started Fran.We all love you and miss you.

Posted Image Peggy

Happy Anniversary Frannie! I don't know what happened to start the day out badly but I hope it turns around and you have a wonderful day.

Happy Anniversary, Fran! 44 years. Wow. That's fabulous. :hearts: to you both.

:hugs: to all today. It isn't quite as smoky around here as it has been so I'm hoping we're in for a bit of a break. Outside of the smoke, it's a perfect summer day since we should staying at a great temp for our area. I'll take it!

My boys are coming home today for a very brief visit before they head back to their summer boy scout camp jobs. I'm sure their sister is thrilled to have them home. Uhem, ya. Sure. :lol: It's still a bit odd that within a couple of months, the two eldest won't be home on a regular basis but they are both very excited about their choices of colleges.

Take care everyone!

Jill

Mornin! Jumping on to say HEY to all my GALS!

EM, I was glued to YouTube for hours yesterday . . . thanks so much. My computer about had a heart attack by the 5th video of PC. yummy.gif

Moira, we've spoken already and you know I have every confidence in you! You can do it (worst Rob Schneider impersonation ever).

Anna, I was also trying to sneak a peak under the kilt. You're in good perving company, girlfriend!

Question for Mel about Vegas . . . what was the name of that one song that we all danced to Friday night when we all went in front of the screen and danced "with" the pictures of Gerry? You're the one who got us all over there, and I cannot, for the life of me, remember the song! Please tell me you or Alice know what I'm talking about?!

What a boring day so far, and it's only 8:30 am. Oh well . . . maybe I'll watch POTO today . . .

HUGS!

Lisa (thanks Susan)

Guest greyeyegoddess

Question for Mel about Vegas . . . what was the name of that one song that we all danced to Friday night when we all went in front of the screen and danced "with" the pictures of Gerry? You're the one who got us all over there, and I cannot, for the life of me, remember the song! Please tell me you or Alice know what I'm talking about?!

Was it Macho Man?

~alice

:music:

Was it Macho Man?

~alice

:lmao: Noooooooooo. It was some song I'd never heard of - I think it was about a man being sexy . . . not Sexiest Man Alive, that was used in Donna's video. This was a different song. Hmmmmm. If we all put our dancing heads together I'm sure someone will come up with it.

Guest greyeyegoddess

According to the calender, it's also my and many other's 3rd anniversary here. I'm not sure why I decided to come over to GALS, because I was never a part of the GALS thread that had started over on another site.

Maybe curiosity...

But what I like about being here is that it doesn't matter if you were here in the beginning or whether you just joined, as seen last night at chat when someone asked me and another GAL, who recently joined the group, if we had been here since the beginning. It's just a nice place to be.

I have a lot to do today, so I'll be checking in and out.

Hugs and happy anniversary to GALS.

Happy Anniversary, Fran. I hope you have a better weekend.

~alice

Guest greyeyegoddess

Was it Macho Man?

~alice

:lmao: Noooooooooo. It was some song I'd never heard of - I think it was about a man being sexy . . . not Sexiest Man Alive, that was used in Donna's video. This was a different song. Hmmmmm. If we all put our dancing heads together I'm sure someone will come up with it.

We did play Macho Man and people were dancing in front of the screen. But I remember that there were a few times you all went up to the screen.

I have the list, let me look. It could have been Sexyback. Do you remember some of the lyrics?

~alice

Guest greyeyegoddess

I'm trying to find all the sexy songs. I had put all the songs that we planned on playing in one folder. My lists below don't list everything we had, but they are a good start. Take a look on the lists and see if the song might be there.

Do you remember if it was guy or a girl singing? Did it sound like disco? Rap?

Oh wait, I do think Mel did pick a song or two that she wanted to hear, but I think that was on Saturday.

~alice

Posted Image

Happy Anniversary to Frannie & Bobby!
Congratulations on 44 Wonderful Happy Years Together!

My true-love hath my heart and I have his,
By just exchange one for the other given;
I hold his dear and mine he cannot miss;
There never was a better bargain driven.

His heart in me keeps him and me in one;
My heart in him his thoughts and senses guides;
He loves my heart for once it was his own,
I cherish his because in me it bides.
by Philip Sidney

hugs,
Anna & MacWilley

Edited by Anna

I believe it was "No Other Man" by Christina Agul... Aglur... oh, you know who I mean! :D

~Mel

Which! By the way! I made a video with per request of Dr. Em!

I thought I had it uploaded to my server, but it looks like I don't, so I'll have to do that and then post it...

~Mel

Yes, it was definately X-tina. You're right, Melly.

Ah, GALS is 3!!! Seems like yesterday I joined Phantomfans.net and they kicked a bunch of us off for gushing over Gerry. Then I joined GB.net and went into the GALS thread. Then I joined GALS and I've not left since.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

Hello ladies. I'm sitting here at 6:33pm on a Saturday night waiting for my brother to arrive from St. Louis. Didn't do much today which is kinda nice. I run around too much on the weekend it's nice to just relax. I did go see "WANTED" while my son and hubby saw "Wall-E". Okay, that was not a hard choice for me - A robot or my boy James - hum... Nope, not a hard decision at all. OMG he's so bad a** - who knew! :drool1: Gerry was the hot bad a** Scot in "300" now my boy is another bad a** Scot in "Wanted". Wahoo!!!! Must go see that again!

Fran - Happy Anniversary. Here's to many, many, many more years for you two love birds.

Okay, I'm off to go eat popcicles and watch my hubby spray for mosquitos. OMG the mosquitos have been HORRIBLE so far. I'm like killing them left and right in my house and I'm sick of it. Ugh!!!!

Cassie

Just had to wish Frannie a very "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!" We just celebrated our 43rd last week.

And I am darned lucky at that, because my DH puts up with my GB obcession, and the fact that

I have taken over our mutual desktop and have over 2000 photos of You-Know-Who and

about 30 fan videos saved at all times on this computer. Oh, and I have photos of GB all

over the room--and various other items such as Spartan Warrior dolls, etc. He just shakes

his head and rolls his eyes. (And I just keep adding more stuff!!" I can hope he will stick

around for another year!!

I don't post much, but I come here to read every day, and feel as if I "know" all of you.

Two years ago I joined GALS after hearing Swannie's and Isabeau's personal stories about

Con 2006. (We had a Northwest gathering here in Eugene just a couple of weeks after

the Con and I decided right then and there I had to check out GALS--and I have been here

every since. For hours, and hours, and hours!! And then I made my one time only trip to

Vegas last year and had the time of my life.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GALS!!! And many thanks for letting me be a part of this great

Fanmily!!

Hugs,

Judy