Gerard Butler GALS

6/29 - Gerard Butler could return to 300 role as producers plan new movies

Maybe that's why Gerry might really enjoy having a production company. This way, he can find those little gems, polish them off, and share them with the rest of the world. I have to say, I'm really interested in what his choices will be. Law Abiding Citizen sounds like a great first run and hopefully the beginning of many new, interesting, and original movies to be made!

To tell the truth, I am not very enthusiastic about the idea of the prequel either. It would be extremely physically demanding (as Leonidas would have to be younger in the prequel), and I prefer him acting, not only fighting. Also, I think they should not have been so specific as to where his mother lives and what is her name (although at least one British tabloid has already done it). I think he should have a place where nobody can find him. Hopefully, he can enjoy his family and relax now with nobody annoying him. :pointy::pointy::pointy:

Gerry gave out that info himself on the Jay Leno show some years ago. I've never heard that anyone

bothers his family. I know his true fans never would. I don't think we have that much "ratzi" in Comrie. I'm really glad he got to spend some quality time with his Mum. He loves her so.

I don't care whether he does 300 or not. I am just so glad to hear that he is spending time with his mum. I have three sons who lead busy lives. Mums need to see their sons not just talk to them on the phone! At least, Gerry will get to relax!

I agree Lisa. It's been my rant about Hollywood for some time. There are so many new and interesting ideas, and all producers want is to cash in on old ideas. Doesn't always work.

I'd love to see the rest of the story of the war, but I don't fancy seeing a prequel, let alone with Gerry in it. I don't care for prequels, although Batman got away with it.

~alice

:music:

One of my biggest peeves as well. I mean could someone please earn the money they're making and put out something w/a bit of originality PLEASE!!! They always say that nothing is original it's derived from something but you know what, it doesn't have to be a remake or sequel does it? I mean all they have to do is think and use their imagination and you have a movie like "Seven", "Usual Suspects" or even the original "Matrix". Come on, I know someone in Hollyweird has something untold up their sleeves. I don't want another "300". The first one was fine enough for me.

Cassie

Maybe that's why Gerry might really enjoy having a production company. This way, he can find those little gems, polish them off, and share them with the rest of the world. I have to say, I'm really interested in what his choices will be. Law Abiding Citizen sounds like a great first run and hopefully the beginning of many new, interesting, and original movies to be made!

Amen to that! Gerry has the smarts and loves a good story. He'll know what to do. I trust his judgment most of the time (I say most cause I'm still not convinced I'm going to like TUT).

Lisa

I hope he enjoys spending time with his mom. If a man doesn't treat his own mother right, that's almost a sure indication that he won't treat a future wife right. However, from things I've read, Gerry is good to his mom, and I hope he remains that way.

In an interview in Berlin Gerry was asked, "Who is the most important person in your life?" Gerry answered, "My Mum!" The interviewer said, "That's sweet." Gerry said, "She's my mum!"

If what you say is true than some girl will be a lucky girl as Gerry's wife.

Kathy

She'll be one lucky girl under any circumstances. Just my opinion of course, I'm sure no one else here

agrees with me, huh, Gals?

If Gerry does do another "300"-related project, you won't see me objecting! Hope they can bring back some of the other main characters, too (I hope it will be a pre-quel so that can happen!) :yummy:

I think it's great that he got to go home for some rest.

but a 300 prequel, I'm not sure...unless it's done really well, but that would mean he'd have to work out like crazy again...but he would be wearing that costume...uhm..it may not be a bad thing. ;)

It will be interesting to see what Frank Miller comes up with a the sequel from the book end of the project...

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but he was killed off at the end of 300, yes? Without sexy King Leo, it wouldna be the same.

I hope he enjoys spending time with his mom. If a man doesn't treat his own mother right, that's almost a sure indication that he won't treat a future wife right. However, from things I've read, Gerry is good to his mom, and I hope he remains that way.

A similar (and paraphrased!) quote I've always appreciated is, "If you want to see how a man would treat his wife, observe how he treats his mother." That being the case, it would appear that Gerry would make some lucky lady a very good husband one day, if he does ever decide to settle down. As far as a 300 prequel, I'd be a little worried about the toll it might take on him to prepare for that part again, and a sequel? That would be interesting to see just how they'd work him into it, since (as many have noted) he DIED...but in the end, it's all up to Gerry, right? He's a big boy..all grown up and everything, and I think he has a good enough head on his shoulders to do what will be right for him, regardless of what any of us might think about it!

They could always start with the infamous shower scene with 300 naked dripping wet Spartans and we all realise The Battle of Thermopylae was a figment of History's imagination!!!! :funnyface::funnyup:

Moira

A similar (and paraphrased!) quote I've always appreciated is, "If you want to see how a man would treat his wife, observe how he treats his mother." That being the case, it would appear that Gerry would make some lucky lady a very good husband one day, if he does ever decide to settle down. As far as a 300 prequel, I'd be a little worried about the toll it might take on him to prepare for that part again, and a sequel? That would be interesting to see just how they'd work him into it, since (as many have noted) he DIED...but in the end, it's all up to Gerry, right? He's a big boy..all grown up and everything, and I think he has a good enough head on his shoulders to do what will be right for him, regardless of what any of us might think about it!

Well, obviously, he could only be in a prequel unless he was in some dream sequence or flashback sequence in a sequel. As far as prep for the part, if he's up to it, it's good exercise. I don't think he would overdo it a second time. He really seemed to enjoy it and be proud of his accomplishment the first time around. If he wasn't phsically able he would never attempt it. He's brilliant, he's certainly not stupid enough to harm himself at this late stage of the game. He's paid his dues, he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do anymore. I'd love to see him reprise the role, but only if he WANTS to.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but he was killed off at the end of 300, yes? Without sexy King Leo, it wouldna be the same.

Adoring, I agree wholeheartedly. Riveting as the film was visually, Gerry is the ONLY reason I saw it in the first place. My decsion to see it a second time and buy the DVD was because emotionally, he carried the film on his manly, hard, buffed, oiled shoulders. I don't know what Miller's vision would be for a '300' follow-up, but I'm not sure how it could be anything but second-rate compared to the original.

They could always start with the infamous shower scene with 300 naked dripping wet Spartans and we all realise The Battle of Thermopylae was a figment of History's imagination!!!! :funnyface::funnyup:

Moira

I like your idea. Unfortunately, your suggestion is an good example of how bad a prequel or sequel can become just to cash in from a successful project.

WL

Moira

I like your idea. Unfortunately, your suggestion is an good example of how bad a prequel or sequel can become just to cash in from a successful project.

WL

And what, pray tell, is wrong with 300 naked, wet Spartans? History, smistory, I would pay money to see that. I understand, according to Herodotus, that Spartans often "showered" together. :cunning:

Moira

WL

And what, pray tell, is wrong with 300 naked, wet Spartans? History, smistory, I would pay money to see that. I understand, according to Herodotus, that Spartans often "showered" together. :cunning:

I personally would love a PREQUEL with Gerry reprising his role, provided the script was to his liking. I'm sure he wouldn't consider it if it wasn't good material, worthy of consideration. I really don;t think Zack would risk being labeled badly because of a BAD rendition. His career is just beginning to boom, I don't think he would throw that away on a bad movie. I feel sure Gerry wouldn't. So, let's hope that Frank can come up with a MAGNIFICIENT vehicle for our LAD to reign in once again. I'll centainly pay money to see him in anything he approves of.
  • 2 weeks later...
I have to wonder how he would be included in this movie since he was used as target practice with arrows in his last scene? :bonk: It was right after the movie was finished that Zack mentioned making a sequel and the man doing the interview asked "How by bringing them back as Zombies?" Zack laughed at that and said "Maybe!" Now I know he won't be doing that but will he shave off King Leo's beard and make him look years younger before his final fate? Okay...sequel to Phantom and ALW said that he would do his best to have Gerry back and now Zack trying for the same thing...hmm Gerry is a commodity now...finally! But then we knew that from the begining now didn't we gals? :wuv: