Gerard Butler GALS

R/C or E/C Shipper

gerran

Hi. I'm new to this site. The Phantom of the Opera is my favorite Gerry movie to this point. Of course, I havent's seen all of Gerry's movies yet, but I truly believe that no movie anytime soon will have a bigger place in my heart than POTO. Gerry was so emotional, so passoniate, and so raw in his performance. His voice, his eyes, his facial expressions told the whole story. Now I know most of us would stay with Erik if we had been Christine, but I think Christine made the right choice choosing Raoul. That's right, I'm a R/C shipper. Please don't bite my head off. Let me explain. Yes, Gerry and Emmy had excellent chemistry, and their voices blended well together, but I think the character of Christine is better off with the character of Raoul. I personally think that Raoul is unfairly disrespected. Out of the trio, Christine is actually my least favorite character. Now I don't hate her (she was young after all), but Raoul is not the bad guy in disguise of an angel (that was Erik). By the way, Erik is my favorite character, especially as portrayed by Gerry, but Raoul is okay in my book as well. Perhaps Raoul and Christine have a childish relationship, but they were like children in the orginal book. I truly believe their feelings for each other will become more mature as they grow older. Also, you have to admit it's a miracle Raoul didn't totally lose it like Erik did. I mean, Christine changed her mind about which man she wanted from just one sentence to another. I know she is young and all, but I really felt like she was playing with two men's heart (I'm sure she didn't mean to of course but that's what happened). Christine sings in the movie that she doesn't want the darkness, which Erik is. Raoul is the light, which Christine wants. Christine is drawn to Erik, but it's more of a lustful drawn. Now I truly believe that Erik loved Christine beside just the sexual desires (he did afterall let Christine and Raoul go at the end), but I don't think that Christine loved Erik as deeply as Erik loved Christine. She was too young for that, and her personality just went better with Raoul's. Christine may had been drawn to Erik, but I don't think she saw him as being truly human. In the lair, she calls him "pitiful creature of darkness." She calls him a creature in the end, not a man. Also, I truly believe that lustful, sexual feelings fade after a while without there being deeper love. So, Christine may had been enchanted by Erik for a while, but after a while she would want to escape from the darkness that Erik lives in. In other words, Christine is better off with Raoul, and I think that Raoul and Christine would mature in more ways than one as they grew older. I don't think that quite understood Erik's pain, but I believe they could after some more time with him.

So, I'm a R/C shipper. I would like to hear what everyone else has to say on this matter. By the way, I have read some good E/C stories, but I like R/C stories which don't bash Erik. Likewise, if I read E/C stories, I don't want them bashing Raoul either. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I am Raoul/Christine merely because that opens a door to a Meg/Erik romance.

Love,

Tracy

I love Meg and Erik.

Sadie Montgomery

The Phoenix of the Opera

Out of the Darkness

The Phantom's Opera

Phantom Death

Under my siggy there is a link to the boutique.

Sadie Montgomery's books center around Meg and Erik, but Raoul and Christine are in there too.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Shipper is a person who wants or likes two people to be together. It comes from the word relationship. Like I am a Perrin and Gerry shipper. Well I guess that isn't really right since I am one of the people. Okay before I was a Mulder and Scully shipper when X files was on.

Gerran, and all other ladies....before this gets hairy, lets all try to remember...we are all entitled to our preference in relationships, even if we don't agree with other pairings. We are also entitled to dislike a pairing, as long as we don't dis on one another! No one is right or wrong, so no bashing of each other!

That being said, *self modicating* I'll get back to y'all on this.

Thanks!

Deb~ Erik's Steadfast Warrior, Protector of the Master's Ring, Writer of Love Letters and PROUD ERIK/CHRISTINE; ERIK/OW~SHIPPER

Gerran, and all other ladies....before this gets hairy, lets all try to remember...we are all entitled to our preference in relationships, even if we don't agree with other pairings. We are also entitled to dislike a pairing, as long as we don't dis on one another! No one is right or wrong, so no bashing of each other!

That being said, *self modicating* I'll get back to y'all on this.

Thanks!

Deb~ Erik's Steadfast Warrior, Protector of the Master's Ring, Writer of Love Letters and PROUD ERIK/CHRISTINE; ERIK/OW~SHIPPER

Eloquently put, My Dear

Deb, I think we all can respectfully agree to disagree about shippings.

BTW the way everyone this dear lady is the one who taught me about shippings.

I have heard of one person who did a fan fiction with Raoul/Meg and Christine/Erik.

Love,

Tracy :kisswink:

I enjoyed Stefanie Cole's book "The Phantom Returns" where she explored what a R/C marriage might be like, with Christine, the opera dancer turned singer, not being accepted into Raoul's high-society and the severe strain that puts on them as a couple. I think if Raoul and Christine did marry Stefanie's take on what it may have been like was pretty accurate. Then on another hand there is a story that explores Erik developing more than a friendship with Madame Giry and I enjoyed that as well.

If the "ships" are well thought out and make sense then any number of them can work in different fictions, and no matter which pairing you prefer you are likely to find it explored and developed in one story or another.

Raoul and Christine have a beautiful marriage in Sadie's books. It is not without problems because life is not. I too love Stefanie Cole's book.

I make videos for all shippings POTO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnq1mAGwSg8

Erik/Christine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlOAjJVcPEA

Erik/Meg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmDHLAOrCL0

Christine/Raoul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHwo0rSrWYY

Erik/Pilar

Love,

Tracy

I don't know much about anything other than the movie, but I guess I would be an Erik/Christine shipper. I don't read the POTO fan fic, nor the other books. I do know that Meg and Archie are a huge success on the board, so I'll be a M/A shipper. :D

But in reality, I guess I'm a Lisa/Erik shipper . . . :lol:

I have read E/C stories, R/C stories, E/M stories, Erik and other women stories, and even a few Erik/Madame Giry stories, so I am pretty flexible. I have read stories that I have enjoyed with all of these shippings, though not really Erik and Madame Giry as much because I haven't come across as many and they tended to have Erik as being totally evil. I have read after the movie stories, modern take on the story, and stories based off the orginal novel by Leroux, and I have enjoyed several of them. I can tolerate pretty much any POTO story as long as it doesn't totally get the characters wrong (such as making Raoul suddenly a mean son of a...where you know how the rest of it goes). I also don't like stories based on Gerry's Phantom that turns him into a sex object. Okay, so the man is cute, but he is a dark character. I bascially really enjoy dark stories with angst that has a lot of Erik in it. However, I don't like stories where Erik is totally evil. I'm all for the sympathetic villian who finds redemption by the end of the story and shows himself as havng a bit of a heart at points. I just wanted to know what the rest of you thought. Quick question, is Erik a whimp in Sadie's books because I read reviews saying that Erik kind of submitted to Meg and her mother. I don't know if those are true because I haven't read the books, though I would love to. I don't like when Erik is a whimp either. I think he belongs with a strong woman, but at the same time he doesn't become weak. Thank you for all of your replies.

Susan..Thank you very much for the praise of my book...it ALWAYS makes me so happy (and never gets old) to hear my esteemed phriends and phellow phans say they enjoyed my take on what might have happened AFTER.... and JCMT -- your enjoyment of TPR is wonderful as you are an avid E/M shipper- thank you both! :wuv::wuv:

Gerran..nice to meet you! I saw you over on my random Phantom of McDonalds thread--- lol--

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts here on Raoul and Christine-- it makes for such interesting conversation-- and I think with any relationships--- there are so many possibilites--so many what if's-- that there really isn't a wrong way---it's just what fits in with your heart--

I agree about Christine being a least favorite-- she annoyed the heck out of me!! Had a lot of growing up to do!! But I guess I will always be an E/C shipper....shipper is such a funny word!! I saw so many different facets to Raoul and Erik---both good and bad-- to put it mildly---

Deborah Whitehead's book "Into the Light" has a strong Erik who intially goes in a very different (and compassionate) direction - not an evil one at all - before requesting assistance from Madame Giry and seeing that relationship go in its own direction. But there is very little C/R in her book at all. I'm not a prolific Phantom phiction reader - I've only read a few but Stefanie's and Deborah's were quite enjoyable though they took very different directions. I still feel (for me) that Stefanie's stayed as true as possible to the characters as we came to know them in the movie. But I do admit I've not yet read Sadie's books.

I don't know much about anything other than the movie, but I guess I would be an Erik/Christine shipper. I don't read the POTO fan fic, nor the other books. I do know that Meg and Archie are a huge success on the board, so I'll be a M/A shipper. :D

But in reality, I guess I'm a Lisa/Erik shipper . . . :lol:

Errrrm, Lisa that is not Meg. That is Tracey.

Another story.

I did write an Erik/Meg fan fic.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...showtopic=18157

Raoul and Christine are happily married in it.

Their son actually marries Erik and Meg's daughter.

Tracey is nothing like sweet little Meg oh no.

It is based off Jennifer's character in The Cottage.

Tracey would kick Meg's little ballerina butt over her Archie.

They are my London Town characters.

Susan..Thank you very much for the praise of my book...it ALWAYS makes me so happy (and never gets old) to hear my esteemed phriends and phellow phans say they enjoyed my take on what might have happened AFTER.... and JCMT -- your enjoyment of TPR is wonderful as you are an avid E/M shipper- thank you both! :wuv::wuv:

Stefanie, I love your book.

I love Sadie's books.

I love Susan Kay's book.

Well, I seem to like Phantom Books written by people who's name start with S.

I love fan fic about Erik written by people who's name starts with P.

Shout out to my Pilar. :pointy:

Love,

Tracy :kisswink:

• 9 months later...

i think there was more to erik and chirstine than just lust!

if there wasn't, he wouldn't have let her go.

but i just hate raoul. he's such a girlyman.

but i can't hate christine for making her choice.

what kind of life could she have had with erik?

she'd have to spend all her time humanizing him.

"No Erik! Don't hang him! Ask nicely.."

haha. but.. also, i thik christine and erik were soulmates.

christine and raoul just.. get along.

btw, i did not know there were so many books based on poto! like, holyy.

haha. i want to read The Phantom by Susan Kay but my library doesn't have it.

and i haven't finished the original poto yet.

im sucha newbie, lol.