Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
AngelRoarke

Recasting the LEADING MAN

This is a great topic.

First, I want to see him do Burns. He wants to do that so badly and his heart is really in that story.

There are many movies that I watch that I say, "Oh Gerry could have done that and better!" Of course, none of them are coming to mind at the moment. :lol:

I'll be back . . .

I think we've done one similar to this before, but I'm gane......and I will answer the same......

I would love to see Gerry play Rhett Butler in GWTW.....

Even though Mel Gibson did a great job I would love to see Gerry doing the lead in Braveheart! I know! 300 is in the same genre of leaders, etc. but I could see him doing this role because he is a great actor but also he is a Scottish Man! Hmmmm, Gerry in a kilt! Wow, its been a long time since I watched this movie, maybe its time to bring some Mel out and watch Braveheart.

Even though Mel Gibson did a great job I would love to see Gerry doing the lead in Braveheart! I know! 300 is in the same genre of leaders, etc. but I could see him doing this role because he is a great actor but also he is a Scottish Man! Hmmmm, Gerry in a kilt! Wow, its been a long time since I watched this movie, maybe its time to bring some Mel out and watch Braveheart.

See now, Jeannette, I was going to say that, too! I agree with you . . . I would LOVE to see Gerry do Braveheart. I think he would do a much better job.

I would LUUUUUV to see him as Mortimer Brewster in Arsenic and Old Lace.

Can you imagine that with a supporting cast like

Russell Crowe as Jonathan Brewster

Judy Dench as Aunt Abby

Scarlett Johansson as Elaine.............

OH or him in a remake of It's a Wonderful Life!!!!

That would be GREAT!!

PammieK

I would love to see him do 007... Bond, James Bond.

And although I loved Vigo in LOTR... I think that Gerry would have been an awesome Aragorn!!! :heat::sword:

Personally, I think Gerry will one day get a shot as Bond.

As far as recasting, two parts came to mind:

Braveheart

Gladiator

Both parts were played well by Gibson and Crowe, but I think Gerry would be even better!

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree on the Bond thing. I don't want to see him do it, and he even said that if he did get it he would be richer but he would be miserable. I don't want to see him miserable.

I'm trying to think of a good comedy that I would love to see Gerry re-do . . . I don't really see him in Bruce Almighty or anything like that. Maybe like a good remake of Big or The Odd Couple or something.

I know!! The War of the Roses!!!!! OMB One of the greatest movies ever. I could so see him playing the Michael Douglas role! Oh gosh that would be hysterical!

Edited by phoenixgirl

Personally, I think Gerry will one day get a shot as Bond.

As far as recasting, two parts came to mind:

Braveheart

Gladiator

Both parts were played well by Gibson and Crowe, but I think Gerry would be even better!

I think Gerry would have been a GREAT Braveheart, Gladiator, Rhet Butler, or any other role anyone could possibly name. He has proven he can do any part he chooses really well. I personally would love to see him recapture Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights. I think he could finally be the one to pull off a remake. Not until Gerry have I ever seen anyone I thought could do it. But first, I want to see

"Burns". I think this is probably a role that has been waiting for the perfect actor to play, and that none other will ever be able to recreate it once Gerry has brought this character to life. I think he was created partially to play Burns. I think he is God's perfect Burns.

:whome2:

Yes, Darlin'

Only you

One of my all-time favorite movies is Rebecca(1940). Laurence Olivier was always fantastic but I would love to see Gerry play the troubled Max de Winter. I know it's a really old movie but it's great Hitchcock flick.

Oh and I agree PammieK. He would be wonderful in Arsenic and Old Lace. It would show off his comic ability!

I want to see him do some comedic roles for a change so something silly along the lines of Matt Dillion's character in "There's Something About Mary" or Otto - Kevin Kline's character in a "Fish Called Wanda". I want to see him in roles like this from time to time.

Cassie

I would like to see him in one more remake of Pride and Prejudice, I think he could show sides of MrDarcy that neither Colin Firth nor Matthew McFayden showed. Or even better Captian Wentworth in Persuasion, he would be great in that.

sorry girls but my other obsession, apart from Gerry, is Jane Austen :D

Or if he wanted to do a funy and romantic comedy, I would see him in 'You've got mail' or 'Sleepless in Seattle' in the roles that were of Tom Hanks.

I would like to see him in one more remake of Pride and Prejudice, I think he could show sides of MrDarcy that neither Colin Firth nor Matthew McFayden showed. Or even better Captian Wentworth in Persuasion, he would be great in that.

sorry girls but my other obsession, apart from Gerry, is Jane Austen :D

Or if he wanted to do a funy and romantic comedy, I would see him in 'You've got mail' or 'Sleepless in Seattle' in the roles that were of Tom Hanks.

I absolutely agree with this, Beth- all four movies you picked..

I also would love to see him as Wesley in Pricess Bride ...

Ginny

I also would love to see him as Wesley in Pricess Bride ...

Ginny

He's too old. But how about Inigo Montoya? Now that would be friggin' hilarious! But I don't want to see a remake of the Princess Bride. It's perfect just the way it is.

Man, you guys are so serious. :kisswink: You do know that Gerry has an awesome sense of humor and great timing?! I'm still hoping he'll make a great classic comedy one of these days.

I know Lisa, :) I was very serious with all the Jane Austen stuff but I love her books and seeing Gerry palying one of her male characters would be a dream that comes true for me :wuv:

He has got a fantastic sense of humour, you are 100% right maybe the remake of When Harry met Sally?

I know Lisa, :) I was very serious with all the Jane Austen stuff but I love her books and seeing Gerry palying one of her male characters would be a dream that comes true for me :wuv:

He has got a fantastic sense of humour, you are 100% right maybe the remake of When Harry met Sally?

Only if he does Sally's part in the diner!

:drool1: :drool1: :drool1:MMM I'll have what he's having!! Edited by phoenixgirl

After seeing him as Casius, I say remake Cleopatra and cast Gerry as Mark Anthony! Not the cheesy remakes they already did, but something epic and huge like the older Elizabeth Taylor movie!

*Gerry dressed as a Roman* :drool1:

After seeing him as Casius, I say remake Cleopatra and cast Gerry as Mark Anthony! Not the cheesy remakes they already did, but something epic and huge like the older Elizabeth Taylor movie!

You mean like this?? :cunning:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by phoenixgirl

You mean like this?? :cunning:

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/shaynalisa/rome2.jpg

Oh yes! LOL

Now imagine him dressed with a roman chest plate and centurion helmet... Gawd! :love:

Edited by GreenEyes

Hi All,

I would absolutely love to see Gerry recreate the Tony Curtis role in 'Some Like it Hot'. IMO he would be hilarious in drag and also as the Cary Grant like alter ego that was part of that role.