Gerard Butler GALS

Recasting the LEADING MAN

AngelRoarke

Wow, so many prospect eh? Gosh, that old Ray Milan movie sounded interesting and I could see him playing the part. As far as the Jane Eyre reference - I love that book and the latest BBC version movie with Toby Stephens. Speaking of which, I like TS and would like to see him and Gerry on screen together only because I feel TS can hold his own with Gerry on the screen. I thought TS was too handsome to be Rochester in Jane Eyre but he pulled it off but this conversation isn't about TS (sorry I digress at 5:00 in the morning). Honestly, I think I would like him in anything that showcases him. :) How about Gerry in a Western? He is so good with accents, I could see him going there. Ah, mental image, Gerry in tight jeans and chaps on a horse!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is off topic..if it is I apologize, but I would like to see him as a person with a gender identity crisis, ala boys don't cry (only with a man instead of a woman)....don't know if there excists such a movie....and maybe it sounds sick, but I kinda want to see how he looks like as a woman (cause normally he's just so darn masculine)

and I really want to see him in a role that makes me weep from start to finish...he hasn't have that effect on me yet..(of course I havent seen all of his movies yet)

I don't know if this is off topic..if it is I apologize, but I would like to see him as a person with a gender identity crisis, ala boys don't cry (only with a man instead of a woman)....don't know if there excists such a movie....and maybe it sounds sick, but I kinda want to see how he looks like as a woman (cause normally he's just so darn masculine)

and I really want to see him in a role that makes me weep from start to finish...he hasn't have that effect on me yet..(of course I havent seen all of his movies yet)

gender identity crisis, ala boys don't cry (only with a man instead of a woman

Hi Katja I remember Hilary playing in that movie and she did a wonderful job changing her looks and charactaristics into that of a male but... :beard: just look at this face... :leo2: and body...do you really think Gerry is able to make that kind of transfer? Did you see the movie Hairspray with John Travolta or the movie with Patrick Swayzie also dressed as a woman? They were sexy men but UGLY women.... :doh: Now perhaps he could play a straight man who is confused with his sexuality "Gay" but even then I just can't imagine him struggling with that problem...he is so masculine...But then again he did say he liked roles that required "growth" in the field of acting...and this would demand a LOT of imagination and study..... :hmm: " Gerry honey are you up to the task?"[/color]

gender identity crisis, ala boys don't cry (only with a man instead of a woman

Hi Katja I remember Hilary playing in that movie and she did a wonderful job changing her looks and charactaristics into that of a male but... :beard: just look at this face... :leo2: and body...do you really think Gerry is able to make that kind of transfer? Did you see the movie Hairspray with John Travolta or the movie with Patrick Swayzie also dressed as a woman? They were sexy men but UGLY women.... :doh: Now perhaps he could play a straight man who is confused with his sexuality "Gay" but even then I just can't imagine him struggling with that problem...he is so masculine...But then again he did say he liked roles that required "growth" in the field of acting...and this would demand a LOT of imagination and study..... :hmm: " Gerry honey are you up to the task?"[/color]

yes i've seen the Patrick Swayze movie, but as I recall it, it was a comedy (?). I really wanted to see Gerry in a real drama like boys don't cry, but I guess you're right, it would be difficult for him to pull it off (being a woman by heart), without it turning into a bit of a joke .. I don't know, it would still be a real challenge for him and kinda funny for us to see if he could pull it off.

He wears a kilt, whats the diff? :sword:

I reckon my favorite movie ever It's a Wonderful Life, but have it based in England and have Jennifer Ellison play Mary. Keep it as clean as the original and make it a period piece being in the time the original move was made. Also filming it in Black and White would be a plus.

Or have him do either Rear window or Vertigo again using the same method in the original films Technicolor. Again Jennifer as the leading lady. Again locating to London or England to film. Using the wonderful costumes and make them as if it were the 50s.

These films would be really expensive to make, but what the hey I am just fantasizing.

Love,

Tracy :kisswink:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I reckon my favorite movie ever It's a Wonderful Life, but have it based in England and have Jennifer Ellison play Mary. Keep it as clean as the original and make it a period piece being in the time the original move was made. Also filming it in Black and White would be a plus.

Or have him do either Rear window or Vertigo again using the same method in the original films Technicolor. Again Jennifer as the leading lady. Again locating to London or England to film. Using the wonderful costumes and make them as if it were the 50s.

These films would be really expensive to make, but what the hey I am just fantasizing.

Love,

Tracy :kisswink:

What a great idea for both of these movies. I think someone like Jennifer Garner would be a better Mary but this is your movie so Jennifer Ellison will be fine. :) I just think she is too pretty to be Mary - Jennifer Garner is more ethereal or Rosamun Pike would be a good Mary. :)

Rear Window - now that I could see your Jennifer in that one. She is a beauty for sure and he would sizzle with her.

Katja wrote:

He wears a kilt, whats the diff?

:funnyup: You are so funny Katja..but sometimes a man in a kilt is a far cry from a woman in a skirt... :lmao::rotflmao::sword:

• 2 weeks later...

What about a remake of Highlander????

I would love to see Gerry in the Christopher Lambert role, kilted in one scene, trenchcoat in the next. There is no denying that Gerry's pure Scottish purr would be 1000% better than Mr Lambert's sad attempt.

This is so up my alley and one of my choices, I loved Highlander & think Gerry could pull off the " There can be only one" amazingly.

An older movie I loved was Harold Robbins' "79 Park Avenue" and I could so see him in the role played by David Duke or in a remake of The Lana Turner flick " Madame X" as her son Clay Jr.