Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

7/1 - 2008 Comic-Con

I'm really going to try and make it. I also want to meet Greg Grunberg (Alias and Heroes). The only other convention I've ever been to was the Dallas comic con.

Thanks Alice!

Thursday:

For those interested in Keanu Reeves:

11:30-1:00 20th Century Fox: The Day The Earth Stood Still and Max Payne—

Stars Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly, plus director Scott Derrickson and producer Erwin Stoff, present an exclusive look at The Day The Earth Stood Still, Fox's contemporary reinvention of its 1951 classic. Keanu is Klaatu, an alien whose arrival on our planet triggers a global upheaval. As governments and scientists race to unravel the mystery behind the visitor's appearance, a woman (Jennifer) and her young stepson get caught up in his mission—and come to understand the ramifications of his being a self-described "friend to the Earth." Klaatu Barada Nikto.

The legendary interactive video game Max Payne comes to the big screen, telling the story of a maverick cop determined to track down those responsible for the brutal murder of his family and partner. Hell-bent on revenge, his obsessive investigation takes him on a nightmare journey into a dark underworld. As the mystery deepens, Max is forced to battle enemies beyond the natural world and face an unthinkable betrayal. "Max Payne" himself—Mark Wahlberg—will be on hand with Mila Kunis, Ludacris, and director John Moore to discuss turning the game's noirish, hard-hitting, and complex world and characters into a movie event.

Hall H

For those interested in Chris Evans, Twilight:

1:15-2:45 Summit Pictures— Summit Entertainment presents a sneak peek of exclusive footage of some of its upcoming major film releases:

Push—In this futuristic sci-fi thriller set in Hong Kong, a group of young American ex-pats with extraordinary psychic abilities must band together and use their different talents on a final mission to escape a clandestine government agency forever. Chris Evans, Dakota Fanning, Djimon Hounsou, Camilla Belle and director Paul McGuigan present a first look at exclusive footage and answer questions about the film.

Knowing—An action thriller of global proportions. Director Alex Proyas appears in person to introduce never-before-seen footage for his new major motion picture starring Nicolas Cage.

Twilight—Based on the #1 New York Times best-selling book series, Twilight is an action-packed, modern-day love story between a vampire and a mortal. Director Catherine Hardwicke, author Stephenie Meyer, and the cast—including Robert Pattinson (Edward), Kristen Stewart (Bella), Cam Gigandet (James), Rachelle LaFevre (Victoria), Edi Gathegi (Laurant), and Taylor Lautner (Jacob)—answer your questions about bringing the world of these beloved characters to life on the big screen and show exclusive footage from the film.

Hall H

For those interested in The Rock:

3:00-4:00 Disney: Race to Witch Mountain— What secrets does Witch Mountain hold? Stars Dwayne Johnson and Carla Gugino and director Andy Fickman talk about the mysterious, paranormal activity around Witch Mountain. Dwayne, Carla, and Andy will present the first look at the movie and answer audience questions as they talk about the thrilling action-adventure that is set to hit theatres in March 2009! Hall H

Categories: Kids | Movies | Science Fiction & Fantasy

Looks like the Watchmen panel is being featured on Friday:

11:55-1:00 Warner Bros.: Watchmen— A complex, multi-layered mystery adventure, Watchmen is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the "Doomsday Clock"— which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union—is permanently set at five minutes to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the washed-up —- but no less determined —- masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion—a ragtag group of retired superheroes, only one of whom has true powers —- Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity...but who watches the Watchmen? Guest appearances TBA. Hall H

Categories: Comic Books | Movies | Superheroes

And for anyone interested in Brenden Fraser:

Saturday

3:45-5:15 Universal: The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and Death Race— Universal Pictures presents key cast members, filmmakers, and previously unseen footage from its upcoming slate, including Summer 2008's The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor and Death Race. Additionally, the studio will showcase talent and materials from 2009 films such as Land of the Lost and more. Hall H

Categories: Movies | Science Fiction & Fantasy

Woo Hoo

I would love to see Keenu. I know Alice will be at the Brendan panel.

Alice, you might have to take an extra drool bucket and towel....

Guest greyeyegoddess

I'm so there...again...you know it! Sheesh, I need to download those videos from wondercon. Hopefully, Bren will be in a better mood.

I'm a little disappointed in the amount of guests at this time, but hopefully, there will be more people available. Last year, there were soooo many guests, most of the panels were only about a half hour, which surprised me.

And anyone interested in Anne Friel, there will be a panel for her show, Pushing Daisies, too.

~alice

:music:

I know who was at the front of the line in 2006 and she did get there around 1:00 or 1:30 but a whole bunch of us got there between 5 and 6 and we weren't that far back in the line. I'd say by around 6 the line was back to the edge of the building, but that was still only a few hundred people and Hall H holds 6,500 people. Almost everyone I know was in the first 6 rows (the 300 panel was first that year) and while there were some Comic Con fans who were mad about all the Gerry fans up near the front and some kept trying to steal the seats I think they were appeased when nearly all of us left after the 300 panel and freed up several rows. We won't know for awhile what panels will be where and which days but I certainly hope that camping out on the sidewalk overnight is not necessary!

I've also found that despite Gerry's increasing fame the insanity of waiting in lines isn't what it was a couple of years ago. When Gerry was on Leno in 2005 people began lining up at 9 the night before to get tickets at 8 in the morning. When he was on Leno in 2007 for "300" I know of people who didn't get there until much later in the morning and still got in. Same thing with Craig Ferguson. I know that only 1 fan got in for his Conan O'Brien appearance but that could be because people coming to NY order tickets for the show months in advance not knowing who is going to appear which leaves very few seats for last minute people. So it will be interesting to see how it all plays out this year. Whatever happens I plan to have a good time!

Oy!

What time would you recommend arriving on Thursday morning, at the convention center, if you only have tickets for Thursday??

Guest greyeyegoddess

I can't find info on when the ticket booths open although I remember that I got my one day ticket pretty early last time Gerry came. Doors open at 9:30 am.

At this point, I don't know. It depends on how many Gerry fans are going this time.

~alice

:music:

Oy!

What time would you recommend arriving on Thursday morning, at the convention center, if you only have tickets for Thursday??

Luvi . . .I also only have a ticket for Thursday. We can't even get our passes until 10:00 am, but I plan on lining up first thing as soon as the sun rises. I'll probably be there around 5 or 5:30 am. I can't stand too long so I'm gonna sit my butt down on the concrete until I get in. I'm sure I won't be the first one lining up.

See you there!

Lisa

Wow - that Is early!

I'll be coming from South Pasadena so would have to leave

at about 3:00 am at the latest.

:kisswink:

Thanks guys!

Oy!

Luvi . . .I also only have a ticket for Thursday. We can't even get our passes until 10:00 am, but I plan on lining up first thing as soon as the sun rises. I'll probably be there around 5 or 5:30 am. I can't stand too long so I'm gonna sit my butt down on the concrete until I get in. I'm sure I won't be the first one lining up.

See you there!

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I did get a Thursday only ticket and if all my stars line up I will be flying in that morning. I am on Jury duty maybe the week of July 14 so I hope I

don't get picked..... I have checked some flight information and I can be there as early as 6:30 - 9:30 ...

Oy!

See you there!

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I did get a Thursday only ticket and if all my stars line up I will be flying in that morning. I am on Jury duty maybe the week of July 14 so I hope I

don't get picked..... I have checked some flight information and I can be there as early as 6:30 - 9:30 ...

Right on! :D See you there! I'll be in wherever Game is in the morning, and then in Hall H the rest of the day. :lol:

I'm getting very excited. Three more days . . . I can't believe it.

Hope to see some of you there . . .

Lisa

wooo hoooo,

I booked my flight for thursday morning I will arrive at 8:05 am....

I will hightail it to the convention center and hope to see ya all there.

Alice, I will have my phone and will let you know when I get there.

Since I only have a 1 day ticket I am flying out friday morning at 6am.

All the flights leaving thursday night were too close to the end of the comic con

festivities ....

So I hope some of you can (hint hint ) keep me company until I go to

the airport.... it is going to be a long 24 hours.....

ahhhh :bonk:

And we expect reports and photos as soon as physically possible as Gerry has been lying low of late and it will be good to know he is back in the land of the living again! :kiss:

Moira

Hi Lisa and Bea

hope you have a fab time at Comic-Con on Thursday, we desperately need new pics of the fab G-man, he will hopefully be relaxed and happy, hence even more gorgeous than usual :cunning:

Have a lot fo fun and I agree with Moira, send us pics as soon as possible :D

:wave:

Hi Gals,

I think I missed the boat on this one....But has Gerry been confirmed as attending? I know..I'm a little bit behind the 8 ball here! :gah:

For those of you who are going... have a great time!!! :drink:

Yes he has been confirmed for a few weeks now. It is on the Comic-Con schedule. He is appearing on Thu 24 Jul at Dark Castle panel with Guy between 5.30pm-6.30pm.

Moira

For all who are going, G4 will be doing live broadcasts starting Thursday at 7:00 EST and go until 10:00 EST, make sure to get on TV and be seen!!!! I plan to watch it to see if they interview Gerry. I agree show pics of Gerry and want details asap!!!

Jeanette

Yes he has been confirmed for a few weeks now. It is on the Comic-Con schedule. He is appearing on Thu 24 Jul at Dark Castle panel with Guy between 5.30pm-6.30pm.

Moira

Thanks Moira,

I don't know how I missed that one! Are you going? If so, have a great time! (Let us know all the juicy details and send us some pix!!) :cunning:

Hi Raz

Unfortunately no I am not going as I did not get my act together quick enough and a colleague at work here in Scotland is off and unsurprisingly my boss does not think Gerry is an emergency reason to be off :tantrum: - I did try :funnyface:

Moira

I cannot believe it's tomorrow . . . I'm so excited and happy. I have a plan already . . . my own secret plan . . . and I just know it's going to be a wonderful, peaceful and rewarding day.

I promise to post my stories and pictures when I get home. Probably not until Saturday afternoon my time.

Love you all.

Lisa

Oh Lisa,

Now you have me curious about your plan.....I will see ya there tomorrow

Lisa, your whole post worries me. :lol: Sounds crazy. Watch yourself. Be mindful of where you are and who you encounter.

Edited by RandomLanda