Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

7/1 - 2008 Comic-Con

For anybody who does have a laptop and comes on were clips of Wolverine shown at the Fox Panel at 11.30am. I saw on that ISEB link that a special person may introduce the clips and I would only assume that to be Mr Wolverine himself - the lovely Hugh. I hope it isn't true for the sake of Susan Sporran as it would be just bad luck that the only day she cannot go is the day all the things and people she had wanted to see are shown.

I am so getting my act together for next year and whilst it would be great that Gerry would hopefully be there again there just seems so many great things and people attending Comic-Con that it would be a film fans dream. I did read in a blog that people who were at the Preview Night yesterday saw people camped outsie Hall H for The Day The Earth Stood Still Panel - personally speaking are they sure it was not Gerry fans actually waiting for the 5.30pm Dark Castle Panel ha ha :funnyface:

Anybody who is going have a fantastic time and you're in for a treat with Gerry's new look - or could we say he is going retro ala back channeling Terry/The Stranger. :pant::yummy:

Moira

Hi Raz

Unfortunately no I am not going as I did not get my act together quick enough and a colleague at work here in Scotland is off and unsurprisingly my boss does not think Gerry is an emergency reason to be off :tantrum: - I did try :funnyface:

Moira

Your boss needs a shot of Gerry Juice!!! After that time off will be no problem! :kisswink:

Yes, in fact I'm having myself a royally pissy pity party right now! Cheri called me from Hall H to tell me Hugh is there and I'm sooooooo peshed off that I'm not only missing GERRY but I'm missing HUGH the one freaking day that I cannot be there!! ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! Hopefully I get in to Hall H tomorrow for the Watchmen panel because that's the only other thing I was really jazzed about for Comic Con. So far this year has been rather a let-down for me - I fooked up yesterday afternoon and left my wallet at work so I missed my train to San Diego to pick up my pass and got down there 2 hours later than intended. By the time I got there the line was so long I couldn't wait or I'd miss my train back home so I walked around for about 15 miinutes, went back to the train station and came back home without my pass. That means I still need to pick up my pass tomorrow.

And Moira - I saw the people at Hall H last night- didn't recognize any of them (doesn't mean they weren't Gerry fans, but they weren't any that I knew or had seen before).

FYI:

For anyone with GTV -no Gerry pun intended, it's Channel 354 on Direct TV -they are showing ComicCon everyday at 7pm. I am certain this will include all the pannels each day and plenty of opportunity to catch our dear friends on film!!

~Bella

Hope all of you going or there already have a great time. It should be a lot of fun for EVERYONE involved. Just remember not to take any souvenirs that belong to the convention center :rotflmao: Hey I've heard of people taking really strange things cuz a celeb walked nearby. :lol: Take lots of pics and Susan I bet you'll have a great time tomorrow!

Thanks for the information on the coverage, I will have to run next door, we have comcast...are you guys going to be logging onto the live blog tonight?

Oh Susan

Oh dear when I read that link I so thought please do not make that be true. I know you wont want people's sympathies but I really feel more for you than myself cause who'd have thought the majority of great stuff was going to be on the first day. I would never have and I remember so many posts from people upset they never got a 4 day pass and because Fri/Sat was all sold out they probably felt they had all missed out on Gerry.

Please don't think I am rubbing it in but the fact you had a 4 day pass just makes this all the more worse - but you don't need me to tell you that.

I guess this is a warning for anybody who plans to do this next year, get a pass for all the days and if you can don't make plans or assume all the best stuff will be for the Fri/Sat only. This also proves that whilst Wolverine was rumoured to be getting promoted at Comic-Con and nothing ever showed up on the schedule and we all assumed it was not to be - surprises can still happen. I now wonder if any other major celebs might turn up unexpectedly.

I am keeping it all crossed for you tomorrow Susan that you see Watchmen.

Moira

Thanks Moira. I usually don't get on the pity pot, believe me I know I have had far more advantages than most to see any number of celebs, but especially Gerry. It's just rubbish that the one day I can't be there (through scheduling issues I didn't create) turns out to be the best day of the show this year. I swear if I go next year I'm going down on Wednesday morning and staying the whole time and I'm telling my Assistant Controller he can't take vacation that week next year, and if an organization to which I belong schedules an event during that time then too bad - I'm not attending even if I'm expected to! I guess I will need to watch for another opportunity to possibly see Hugh Jackman.

Edited because I put a link in that didn't work - dayum!

Gerry is scheduled to appear at approximately 5:30 local time, 8:30 eastern time. My DVR is definitely programmed.

Edited by Catwoman

Ah Susan just reading your story I just feel so bad for you. I would have stressed this kid right out if she hadn't been born earlier having to deal w/that. I think just the stress of missing my wallet regardless of knowing where it was would have just tore me up. But, you do have passes for the remaining days so that is good. You don't have to apologize for living where you live. If I really wanted to I could move, but I can't, so there's no need condemn you. You lucky lady.

ETA...

BTW, I can still come thru this computer if I have to. Um hum... I'm fast like lightening... :cunning: One pic that's all I need.

Cassie

Edited by Cassie

I just talked to Cheri again - she said Hugh was only on the stage for about 2 minutes. He introduced a clip from Wolverine (which she said looks awesome) and wooosh he was gone. No autograph session, no panel participation. They said he flew in all the way from Australia so he must have other business to conduct either with people at the convention, or in L.A. because that's one heck of a lot of air time just to be on the stage for 2 minutes. Since he wasn't on a panel, so it wasn't like he was sitting up there all the time. I'm counting on my "girlies" to at least have gotten some pictures of him for me!

Just think Susan there is still Watchmen, The Mummy , Terminator Salvation, Heroes Panel and if you like Primeval a UK series Douglas Henshall is lovely on the eye too.

Did anybody see John Barrowman on the Torchwood panel today??. That man is as close to beautiful as you can get and a scream.

Moira

You're right Susan whilst we can all be frustrated at not going hopefully people will take geat Gerry and Hugh Photos so we can live through their experience.

I am only glad there is a 8 hour time difference as hopefully I will be asleep at 5.30pm San Diego time. Lisa has promised to text me after to let me know how it was other than that unless I can't sleep - which there is a good chance of - I'll be waking up to all the Gerry news and hopefully some new pics. His new hair do is very military like. I wonder what prompted the crop. I did text lisa to say he is looking the best he has looked in months and it may be too much for her to take ha ha :funnyface:

Moira

Missus Sporran -- if ANYONE carries the GOOD GERRY JU-JU it's YOU! You are so generous with helping others get their "moment." I'm so sorry you're sitting there frustrated. But there's still "a chance!"

:hugs: to you, gf!

ETA: BELLA, :thankyou: Just set my dvr from my desk!!! Gosh, what a time we live in!

As Lizzie's mum would say, "OH, that's a comfort."

Small consolation prize for ya, Susie Q.

I was going to try to throw in a little humor and say that I'm glad I'm not one of your bosses today. I'll bet they're getting some sour looks turned their way!

:tantrum:

Songbird

Susan would not be the only one throwing dirty looks at their bosses. I am sorry if my boss feels an emergency is somebody falling ill or dying and not my need to rush to San Diego to see Gerry. :funnyup::funnyface:

He knows me too well and knew when he asked me something today and I told him to fook off do it yourself he knew I was not joking and left me for the rest of the day. My other colleague had to tell him nothing comes between Super Mo and her Gerry. He did come back in later on begging for help and that he would definitely give me the time off for the London Premiere and Toronto if I needed it. We so get each other now :funnyup:

Moira

I so wish I had a boss like that!!!

Susan, I know you will have a great time no matter what happens!!

Jeanette

:funnyup: Super Mo!! That is too funny! :lol:

Sounds like you and Susan are thankfully very much indispensable at your work places!

Would that we all could have a boss we could tell to fook off, and still get a paycheck!!

I LOVE the SCOTS!! :lmao:

Well you see I knew in the end I would have to help out - it was a very serious situation about a repatriation and whilst my boss likes to think he knows it all he doesn't but I let the numpty sweat it out for a few hours. :funnyup:

Moira

I'm :lmao: at "numpty"!! I have to remember that one. Actually I can't blame my problem on my bosses. My first scheduling glitch is that my right-hand-guy is on vacation - and it's only the 2nd one he's ever taken and if anyone deserves it he does. So there's no way I was going to ask him to rearrange his schedule for me. The second is a business social event scheduled by an organization for which I sit on the board of directors. I invited my whole staff to attend as a treat for them, before I knew the Thursday schedule would have nearly all the best "goodies"!!

But nobody is getting dirty looks, for me it's just the way things worked out, nothing I could have done about it without being a complete "numpty" boss myself!!