Gerard Butler GALS

Swannie Interviewed!

Swansong

I'm so excited! I was contacted by a young woman, who is now a new and special friend. She owns one the most visited Phantom of the Opera websites in the world, and she asked me to do an interview in print for her site. Just scroll down all the names to the last one and click me!

http://www.ladyghost.com/interviews.html

Be sure and check out the rest of her site which is divided into two portions; The Past and The Present. You cannot believe the information this young woman has amassed on her site! She had personally met many of the actors, directors of POTO, including Michael Crawford and ALW!

Sandra (Ladyghost) joined GALS after her I sent her here!

Enjoy the interview!

Swannie

Wow, congrats! That is something to be very proud of. I am trying to get ready for work but will finish reading it later but just wanted to say "way to go". BTW, the photo is a great photo.

Congrats again!

Bravo!!! Awesome interview!!! Swannie your picture is beautiful!!!! Just reading the interview shows how much passion you have for the POTO and Erik!! Continued success!!!

Jeanette

Wonderful interview Swan. And as everyone else said, "great picture, too" You go girl!

Awwww Swannie, you look so pretty in that picture. :kisswink: Congratulations to you! Plus, you got to be in the interview lineup w/none other than Freddy Krueger, how cool is that. :D Thanks for sharing this w/us.

Cassie

Wonderful interview, Swannie! Your passion clearly shines through.

As a writer, I empathize with the rewrites you are undertaking. They can be so painful during the process and, yet, in the end they make the work even more outstanding. Good luck with them!

And what a gorgeous picture of you!

:hearts:

That is so touching and beautiful Swannie.

What an amazing gift to be able to work with Nathan too.

I feels a little like being swept away into another realm

of experience with the story, music, audio on the way~

which, to me, is such a wonderful gift to enjoy as the recipient

of the experience.

Thank you so much.

PS~Are you Sure you're 52?

Congratulations!

:music:

Swannie, that was a wonderful interview. I loved reading it and remembering why I appreciate your writing and talent so much - it is your great passion for your art. It is similar to Gerry's enthusiasm for his work, and a few other artists. Remember in Vegas when we were dining with Susan, Pam and Lish, I mentioned LangLang, the young pianist who becomes so animated and excited while playing that the audience is infected with his style and are enraptured by his performance? It is that passion that makes an artist's work stand out from the norm. And you, my dear friend, have it!

Is that the picture Annette took in Vegas? I absolutely love it and wish she would get mine to me pretty soon. Talked to her the other day and she's working on it (mine takes more photoshopping than most)!

Hugs,

Libby

Congratulations on the interview Swannie .... You were as articulate as you always are even when posting and OH YEAH....LOOKING GOOD SWEETIE! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

Very cool Swan! Congratulations!

Swannie, I understand Ladyghost completely. I first read "Phantom" when I was eight and have been

enthralled with it all my life. Something about Eric that gets into your soul and you try to keep safe from harm there. The character is someone you need to protect and love. I have often wondered if only women find this true of this character. If it is a woman's heart he holds so effortlessly in his hands. I wonder how men perceive him. Any answers? Phantom is what first brought me to Gerry, my love for that character. Gerry's portrayal of him was so close to what I have always felt him to be in my spirit. I could see Gerry's soul in this character. He became Eric to me. I re-read "Phantom" after seeing the movie and I could only see Gerry on the pages. It is funny really, I never could see the bony, dark creater discribed in the original novel. I only saw his soul and his torment. Gerry personified him for me after all those years of only knowing "pages." Now, when I read Sarah Montgomery's Phantom novels, I see Gerry's soul in her Eric. I see his personality, his brooding expresssions, his masculinity, his charm and good looks. I can't see the deformity at all. I find it so amazing that I know that Eric was always Gerry to me, even when I was eight.

Thanks for your good wishes ladies. Yes, Libby, that's the photo Annette took of me in Vegas. I don't think I was a very good model for her! She and Jenni kept trying to make me sexier for the shoot.... but I just don't do sexy! I think she did capture the real me in terms of my personality, but I don't know how she did it... because I HATE having my picture taken.

I also did not want to take my glasses off, because I didn't think it would look like me. This may sound funny, but I have never seen myself without glasses, because I CAN'T SEE!

If she does that again next year... I'm taking a whole wardrobe to play with. The top I am wearing in the pic is actually Jenni's because my little flowered peasant top just wasn't working. Annette said it made my boobs look too big! Hhahahahahahah!

Libby, about the passion. To me, that's what life is all about!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I'm so excited! I was contacted by a young woman, who is now a new and special friend. She owns one the most visited Phantom of the Opera websites in the world, and she asked me to do an interview in print for her site. Just scroll down all the names to the last one and click me!

Be sure and check out the rest of her site which is divided into two portions; The Past and The Present. You cannot believe the information this young woman has amassed on her site! She had personally met many of the actors, directors of POTO, including Michael Crawford and ALW!

Enjoy the interview!

Swannie

Oh, Swannie, I just now found your interview. I read someone else's first. That is so beautiful. I don't know you personally, but I am sooooo proud of you. I can't wait to read YOUR book. You know from my posts how much I love "Phantom", and how I've felt connected to that character almost all of my life. I feel I know you now. I came late to the site and know so little of everyone's personal lives and battles. I knew you were talented from your occassional poem and from your posts I could tell that you are very articulate, but I had no idea that your background was so rich in creativity. I've said before that so many of us have backgrounds of some sort of talent or creativity. Perhaps that is one of the reasons we love, understand and appreciate Gerry so much. A lot of us have that "need to create and entertain" soul. It IS a matter of the soul. No matter how you try to deny it or conceal it, it always wins in the end. A lot of us are indeed "soul mates with Gerry." I am so very proud of everyone here when I see their work, like Fran's siggies, and other's creations of siggies and avatars,

senses of humor so full of entertainment. Just the turn of a phrase here and there. I really feel that we are "fanmily" and maybe just a little more. Thanks for all you say and do on the site. AND, now I understand, "Now come get your hug." By the way,Great picture. Joy always,

Sandy

Enjoy the interview!

Swannie

Oh, Swannie, I just now found your interview. I read someone else's first. That is so beautiful. I don't know you personally, but I am sooooo proud of you. I can't wait to read YOUR book. You know from my posts how much I love "Phantom", and how I've felt connected to that character almost all of my life. I feel I know you now. I came late to the site and know so little of everyone's personal lives and battles. I knew you were talented from your occassional poem and from your posts I could tell that you are very articulate, but I had no idea that your background was so rich in creativity. I've said before that so many of us have backgrounds of some sort of talent or creativity. Perhaps that is one of the reasons we love, understand and appreciate Gerry so much. A lot of us have that "need to create and entertain" soul. It IS a matter of the soul. No matter how you try to deny it or conceal it, it always wins in the end. A lot of us are indeed "soul mates with Gerry." I am so very proud of everyone here when I see their work, like Fran's siggies, and other's creations of siggies and avatars,

senses of humor so full of entertainment. Just the turn of a phrase here and there. I really feel that we are "fanmily" and maybe just a little more. Thanks for all you say and do on the site. AND, now I understand, "Now come get your hug." By the way,Great picture. Joy always,

Sandy

Sandy,

I also believe it is a matter of the soul.... and, I feel blessed that so much goodness in my life could have come from the POTO movie, and from Gerry. I find much of my inspiration from my friends here, as well. There is one particular chapter in my book that was inspired by something Libby said to me, a long time ago when I first started writing Chanson. GALS is a treasure chest of inspiration!

We are all connected!

Swannie