Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
JustCallMeTracy

Rating Users why????

I remember seeing them and thought it was weird. I don't think I had any stars. Did I care? Nope.

Maybe I shouldn't have cared, but I tend to care too much and sometimes about things other's would not. Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I'd only care if I got less than five stars from Gerry! :wow2:

Good thing that feature is gone...

never noticed and now i'll never know how many I had or didn't :D what's the saying? Ignorance is bliss. :lol:

and Tracy maybe each member was only allowed to rate another member only once. That may be why it never changed when you kept clicking. No idea really, but just a hypothesis.

Dopey me! I thought the star rating was for the amount of information you put into your profile. DUH! I spent a lot of time filling in my info and suddenly noticed someone had given me five stars. I guess I'm just not too bright.

Suzie

I have never like anything that had to do with "rating" someone. But I totally understand what Tracy is saying. If I had friends on here I would rate them as well, just a little something more to show I care. But at the same time, why rate someone to begin with? Unfortunately we live in an age where the one with the most "friends" or the "highest rating" makes or breaks you. I have a myspace page and I only have 5 people on there that I do know, just meeting through the site. But the rest I do know and have spent time with them. I have under 30 friends, and I am completely fine with that.

Its hard enough to deal with the fact that since I had my son almost two years ago, I have lost all of my friends. It can be really intimidating to join a sight and find out that once you have a high rating then more people talk to you or add you (I am not talking about here). There was a site I went on to, a place where you could ask questions. I had written two different questions on two different days. One of the questions was never read, and the other I had mentioned my children. Instead of getting advice, I was told "to stop having kids for the sake of humanity", " you sound easy because of your history and having kids so young". After those comments that people had left, they where sending responses back and forth in my response box. It was like since I was new to the site they needed to "bully the new comer".

Its been fun since I signed up and everyone that has given me a response have been wonderful. I think that there should never be a rating system on any site. But like I said it is fun and nice to rate your friends, showing them you care!!

I think everyone should feel special. No one on here is better than the other. No one on here deserves to ever feel like they are not as good as everybody else whether you have 10,000 posts, have contributed a million dollars to the site or it is your first day. Whether you are a lurker or spammer like moi'.

Every Gal is has value and precious in her own right.

Call me silly. Call me stupid, but if one person was ever hurt by a rating system personally I was not like I said I had five out of five, but if one solitary person left gals because she or he felt like they were not as good as another I would think it a tragedy.

Call me too sensitive. Call me an idiot. Call me any damn thing you want to. Just don't call me late for supper.

I was raised this way. I tried to raise my son this way. Not to be a drama queen or melodramatic as I realize those who do not know the real me might see this, but to care about every single person on this planet. I am sorry if some think I overreacted. I probably did it has been a very intense day for me.

Still, I felt compelled to address this issue even if it seems petty to others.

I was raised that we are all brothers and sisters and I love everyone. I do not like everyone. Everyone does not have to like me. You can hate my flippin' guts if you like I would never try to quell your free agency.

I cannot make you feel like I do. I am not trying to. I am a live and live person.

Draw whatever conclusions you want about me.

Like my mother taught me just because someone says something about you doesn't make it true.

I just didn't want anyone's feelings to get hurt. If that is silly. Then I am damn proud to be silly.

Love me, hate me, be indifferent towards me. Like Popeye I yam what I yam.

Tracy~ :kisswink:

Tracy Ramble much, Yup!

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I think everyone is in agreement with you Tracy, I for one just never noticed it. Good decision to turn off the feature, imho, whatever that's worth :lol:

Luv you GALS

Tracy,

:clap: Thanks for standing up and saying what's what!!! I wholeheartedily agree with you. Sorry to say, I never noticed the stars, but I'm glad you picked up on it, Tracy. Pilar, love those Pink Stars!!!

Linda

Stars, what stars? My profile page has been disjointed for over a year now. :tantrum: Everything is all over the place so I guess I would miss stars, if they were there. :unsure:

Kathy :)