Gerard Butler GALS

7/10 - Butler's Like Us All

www.thesun.co.uk

Butler Cr*ps Like Us All

GERARD BUTLER may have locked lips with CAMERON DIAZ and co-starred with Bond girl GEMMA ARTERTON in his new movie.

But he reckons he's still the same as everyone else by going to the toilet and 'taking a c**p'.

The 300 star is taking centre stage in GUY RITCHIE's upcoming flick RocknRolla, but has managed to stay grounded from A-list looniness.

He said: "You're still the same person who has to deal with getting out of bed every morning, going to the toilet, taking a c**p, whatever.

"I think there's a part of you that always imagines that if you encounter success, every fibre of your being will change.

"You know your whole cellular structure will change. And you will suddenly think and feel and behave like a different person."

He added: "And you don't. You're still, 'Oh, so and so didn't call me' and 'F**k, I have to take care of that bill.'"

Brunette Gemma also opened up about her Quantum of Solace role, telling Total Film: "I've seen nothing - not even the trailer!

"All I can say is it's going to be really, really action packed - more than the other one."

She also confessed she was worried about fame because she is "quite wild".

And it seems MADGE's better half has recognised the error of his ways with flops Revolver and Swept Away.

Guy said: "On RocknRolla, within 10 seconds I knew the weather was warm where I was going... On the last two, it felt like me walking up a hill on my own, dragging a lot of people with me.

"Whereas with this, it's... me walking down a hill and a lot of people want to go with me!"

RocknRolla is released on September 5

He said: "You're still the same person who has to deal with getting out of bed every morning, going to the toilet, taking a c**p, whatever.

Nice visual of Gerry in the morning! I can picture him schlepping from the bedroom to the bathroom, scratching various bits, Lolita biting at his heels, doin' his thing . . . makes a girl all . . . warm inside, you know?

Lisa

I have been reading this article for the last couple of days and it kills me every time. Can anyone be any more down to earth than Gerry? He just lays it all out there. Good to know that he is just the same ole grouned guy even after living in a place where reality and fantasy get confused on a daily basis.

Well, what else will I learn about Gerry?

Seems pretty up front and straight at ya.........He definately doesn't dance around looking for words.

Good for you............

So true, there are definate days I'm just jeans and a t-shirt gal.

No way would I ever stop wearing boots.............

Good to know he hasn't turned alien.

:)

Remember, we all change and grow with what happens in life but our true profile can't be changed. It's like our finger print of our souls!

Oh, and looking forward to GUY RITCHIE's new film.

Yep, once again, that's what I like about this man...he is so real. :) I read this the other night but for some reason thought it was on here. I have read so many things lately about him, I am getting myself confused where I am reading it. It's all good though - he is worth every last syllable. :kisswink:

Gerry is the man!!! Down to earth and tells ya how it is! No matter how much money he has he is still "still the same person who has to deal with getting out of bed every morning, going to the toilet, taking a c**p, whatever." and he has bills just like all of us! So normal lol!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, everybody poops, but Gerry poops flowers! Nice. It's refreshing to know that he's so down to earth.

Oh, and am I looking forward to RocknRolla? Um, is the Pope a Catholic? OF COURSE I'm looking forward to it! I just hope Guy Richie keeps his wife out of the film. Every time he puts her in one of his films, it sinks like a lead balloon.

Hey did you hear about how GB was sick and apparently Madge nursed him back to health? I don't know if they're the right words to say, but they're the only words that comes to mind: .......yeah, cooties.

When I was reading this, I was thinking this is typical Gerry humor. He doesn't care if he makes an idiot out of himself by talking about "taking a crap." Typical and funny Gerry, which I love so much. However, if I was his wife, we really would need to work on him dropping the F bomb. LOL. It's not really a big deal honestly because I'm so use to it, but I like a bit of a challenge. On a side note, I hope RocknRolla is much better than Revolver was. If you haven't seen that movie, don't bother with it. It was stupid beyond imigination, and I was glad when it was over. I only watched it because one of my sister's favorite actors, Jason Strathan (sp?) was in it, and as much as I like watching him, Revolver was not one of his best films. Of course I still like watching Gerry more. I hope RocknRolla is good because I have yet to see a Gerry movie which I hated.

I still believe he poops flowers :pointy:

:funnyup:

That's awesome! I think I may have to agree!

I love that Gerry is so real! He doesn't sugar coat a dang thing does he? That is a sexy man!

I remember the first time I saw Gerry Butler. I could not find anything on TV to watch that I cared for and I had been given a DVD of the POTO, which had been in my TV for over a month. I had promised over and over again that I would watch it but, opera was not one of my favorite things.

I got a call saying, as before, have you watched it? I said "No." I was told they would be on their way over to watch it with me, which I was not dressed for because I was in my nightgown, so I promised I would watch it. I sat alone and watched it and was mismerized by what I saw.

It has been almost three years since that night. My life has changed drastically because of the half of a face that I saw that night.

I remember thinking nothing could make this man ugly. You could hit him with an ugly stick and still he would be beautiful. He has something about him that draws you in and makes you feel you can accomplish anything. I have been changing ever since the first time I saw him.

There are so many things to say about this man. Every time you think all has been said and you have heard or read all of the opinions and the habits or even the dirt that they try to throw his way, he always seems to go up to a higher plain. Please don't get me wrong, he is a man not a God. I, too, hate it when he says the "F" word. I know in Scotland, Ireland, and most or maybe all of Europe accept this word as an everyday normal word but, to me, I just hate to see where they quote him as saying it, or watch an interview where he says it. This is just my opinion. To me, it deminishes him in a way because he is so intelligent and articulate. Maybe he thinks most women like for him to say it. I don't pretend to know how he thinks of it.

God given talent, like none other, looks that legends are made of, a body of a Greek god,

a sweetness of spirit, a good and compassionate heart, a smile that makes you want to melt, a laugh and giggle, like a little boy, that makes you feel like a child again, eyes to get lost in and the best thing about him is that he IS REAL. He has no ego, he does not play the Hollywood game, he is a man who has been to hell and back and knows how close he has come to destroying all that God has given him. He is Gerard James Butler.

One of a kind.

To see where he says he is just like anyone else makes me to want more and more just to sit and talk with him a while. He is like my friend. I feel that having him as a friend would be a true blessing because he is real, he has hurt and still does, he has scratched and fought for everything he has accomplished and has paid a great price not only physically but, mentally for his craft. He is truly one of a kind and kindness is part of who he is.

I pray every night for him, for his soul, for his dreams to come true and for his peace.

His legacy will live on long after we are gone. After all is said and done, he wants to be remembered. I don't think he will every have to worry about that.

These are my thoughts, feelings and my perception of our Scottish Prince.

The truth is, He is His Own Man and we love him for it.

Blessings,

Lady Yvonne <><

Wow Yvonne! Beautiful words of truth about Gerry. I love your descriptions of him. Absolute perfect description of him. Very romantic and poetic . . . and accurate.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Your words touched me deeply. Thank you for saying what I feel.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Jobella....that was the funniest thing I've read in a long time...I choked on my tea! I'm still giggling about it.....I'll bet if he read this he would laugh his Arse off! BTW...UM....I wonder if it's roses?? :p

:wave: Frannie

Lady Yvonne, that is just beautiful! You have said perfectly the words so many of us feel about Gerry. I am almost speechless right now...and I have tears in my eyes. I am just blown away by how you describe him...

God given talent, like none other, looks that legends are made of, a body of a Greek god,

a sweetness of spirit, a good and compassionate heart, a smile that makes you want to melt, a laugh and giggle, like a little boy, that makes you feel like a child again, eyes to get lost in and the best thing about him is that he IS REAL. He has no ego, he does not play the Hollywood game, he is a man who has been to hell and back and knows how close he has come to destroying all that God has given him. He is Gerard James Butler.

One of a kind.

Amazing...simply amazing...

Thank you so much for posting this... :kisswink:

April

Jobella....that was the funniest thing I've read in a long time...I choked on my tea! I'm still giggling about it.....I'll bet if he read this he would laugh his Arse off! BTW...UM....I wonder if it's roses?? :p

Did he say something about that one time? Smelling like roses? Man, I have all these things in my head and can't get the references. ARGH.

I know he did . . .

Did he say something about that one time? Smelling like roses? Man, I have all these things in my head and can't get the references. ARGH.

I know he did . . .

Lisa, I bet you are thinking about when he was doing press for PS I Love You and he talked about not smelling like smoke anymore ---of smelling of roses and petals......(see below)

Q: Jeffrey said, quote, “Gerry's a fookin' nutball.” How do you respond to that?

I think that it takes a nutball to know a nutball. You know when you meet somebody and immediately you go “He's cool.” There's no attitude there, he's just a really good, decent guy, a lot of fun. There was competition between Jeff and I in the movie, in a way, but it never felt like that in the slightest. We were both just there having a blast. He's a good guy. He's a bad boy, as well. He's worse than me. I quit the partying in terms of getting pissed up and stuff like that. I even quit smoking, the last seven months I haven't been smoking. I still see Jeff out having a beer and having a cigarette. The second screening I saw of P.S. I Love You, and he was there and he sat next to me. I loved it because he smelled of smoke, and I was like “ha ha, I don't smell like that anymore. I smell of roses and petals and you smell of smoke.”