Gerard Butler GALS

7/13 - Abs Fab: Gerard Muscles in on £1m Versace Deal

heISmyGspot

Try to make him look ugly. :lmao: They took half his face off for Phantom and he still oozed sex appeal. Who among us would turn down a date with Erik?

:funnyup: Boy, isn't that the truth. In my opinion this is just another step up the notoriety trail for Gerry. The more he is out there the better roles come his way. This will also help his Production Company with more finances to invest. It's a win situation in my book. That is, if all of this is true and Gerry accepts.

~HUGS~ Kathy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I am so thrilled to hear about this wonderful new for Gerry. I, as well, do have a concern that our Gerry might get ill and perhaps overworked,to get back into the 300 shape. I love him natural ....omg he can never ever look bad! Sexy as ever and I'm glad that he is getting noticed more and more. But we all have known this long before they have..na na na na na na!!! :funnyface:

DV does have fantastic taste and I just can not wait for the photos to appear....wa wa wa wa wee wa!!! :cunning: Gerry is gonna knock their socks off! Go Gerry!! We all love you!!!

Hugs and Kisses,

Elizabeth

The sixpack for me is not nearly as appealing as just the natural Gerry... like he was in PSILY. He still has an amazing physique without the Leonidas ripped body.

I can't wait to see his first shoot!

Swannie

I couldn't agree with you more..........natural all the way!!.........even his natural pale skin a la Dracula! Natural always looks best.........even hair sprinkled with silver..........stunning!!

:whome2:

Natural always looks best.........even hair sprinkled with silver..........stunning!!

NOWWWWW you're talkin!!! Forget freein' the big one -- SHOW ME THE SALT AND PEPPER!!!

I'm with most of you here; I don't want Gerry to do this (no matter how much money he is offered). For one thing, Gerry has said in numerous interviews that he doesn't consider himself sexy (he appreciates being called sexy over ugly of course but he is surprised when he is called sexy). For another thing, Gerry no longer has the body he had for 300. Since 300, he has been eating "the good tasting stuff that's bad for you" (or something among those lines). Also, I don't think it's a good idea to fall in love with someone just because of their body, even though I may not be one to talk. I first fell in love with Gerry because of his intoxicating, passionate, emotional voice in Phantom and his sad, emotion filled, memerizing eyes. Since I've found out more about Gerry, I also fell in love with his down-to-earth often humerous but serious and mature when necessary and appropriate personality. I appreciate Gerry for his voice (both when he is speaking with his natural beautiful Scottish accent that simply makes me melt and when he is singing Phantom style which also draws me in like a magnet), his intoxicating eyes that show you what's truly in his soul, and I especially appreciate Gerry for his extremely intense almost out of this world acting abilities. True, Gerry is far from ugly, but when I look at Gerry I don't him as some sex object. I think of Gerry as an attractive man that is a bonus to his nice personality, and I will admit I did like looking at his chest hairs when he was wearing those open shirts in Phantom and I did look at his butt when he stood up in the No One Would Listen extra song in Phantom, but when I think of Gerry I don't think of the words "hunk" or "sexy" (and I really mean it when I say those things, I really do). When I think of Gerry, I more often think of "intense" or words that are similar to that, such as "extremely passionate." So, I don't want Gerry to get into modeling. I want him to stay with acting, which he does beyond the words excellent, brillant, and amazing. However, I wouldn't object if Gerry, along with acting (I really want him to keep on acting), also wanted to have a bit of a singing career (it truly is possible to fall in love with someone just because of their voice; it doesn't have to do anything with their bodies). So, Gerry do the wise thing and don't accept this modeling thing. It's not you, and I know money isn't everything to do anyways.

Hi Everybody!!! Archie's Ocean Gal here!!!!

I DON'T CARE WHAT GERRY LOOKS LIKE OR DOES, HE IS NUMBER ONE THEN, NOW AND ALWAYS!!!!! He can be whatever he wants to be and do whatever he wants to do because I know it will be good!!! I loved him when he was a skinny lil' guy in "Mrs. Brown" in 1997 and when he started to get a itty bitty, gorgeous tummy in "Atilla". I love this man no matter what!!!!!! No matter who he plays!!!!! He is a consumate actor and he is ALL to me. Having a beautiful body is just an added asset. But I agree, it will be nice to see nice clothes on a damn good looking man!!!! Gery has a come hither body and I would like to be the one that would be coming hither. But reality is, Gerry is his own man and that is perfectly all right with this lil' ol' Gal. He truly does deserve what is finally coming his way!!!!!! He has worked so hard to get where he is and what he is now getting that it's about freakin' time he got a piece of the "pie"!!!!!! "Apple with ice cream, make that two!" As Gerry would say!!!

Thank You for this wonderful bit about our beautiful man.

AOGJoanna

I'm not into models myself, but the camera does love that edgy side of Gerry. They finally noticed... And, he does look good in an assortment of formal and casual threads to say the least. I wish him the best...

Sally

I so agree with Sally....the camera does love the edgy side of Gerry! I am thrilled for him!

Hugs, Linda

Congrats Gerry on your success!!!

Landa I love the new siggy's you have created!!

If it's true! Good for him.

I don't really care if he has a six pack or how he was in Nim's! He's just fantastic no matter what his chest looks like.

Bailey

PS- I do hope they do boxer briefs

This will probably be a fine boost to Gerry's career (Bailey, I'm with you -- it isn't his perpetually honed physique that has captured all of us GALS). Many actors have made a quick spash with Versace to show their sexy, and as others have said "edgier" persona. Can't hurt.

Gerry seems to be doing a great job of diversifying these days -- he can't always play young, studly roles. Producing and character roles (like we're seeing him pursue these days ....) will carry him past 40. My other favorite, Pierce Brosnan, like Sean Connery, et al., have shown how to move successfully through adulthood into maturity in the movie business. Gerry seems to be implementing a great strategy, and I could not be happier for him.

Go for it, G-man!

And ladies, just imagine how utterly wonderful to be leafing through a magazine (I'll get one of anything I can think of!) and just having a momentary, unexpected Gerry moment! And in public too! It'll be like a dark chocolate high by just turning the page. THAT'S what I believe Donnatella Versace wants --- a Gerry jolt. Women want to see --- men want to be.

I just like him however,....and as long as he's happy......I'm in. :cunning:

Jill

I must say I really do not like the idea that much. Money is a nice thing (and I really wish him to have A LOT of money!), the fact that a famous fashion designer noticed that he has a beautiful body is a nice thing (well, who would not?), but he is much more than that! Even now, everybody speaks just about his body, not so much about acting, I am afraid this might get even worse. Also, I do not know how much it adds to an image of a film producer. To me, it looks like those people are giving away a part of their personality (and are becoming a part of a brand they advertise). :unsure::unsure::unsure:

In my own opinion, this is a great way for Gerry to get more exposure career wise. Tons of other actors have at one point or another endorsed a product including clothes/fragrance/etc. Him potentially doing this is not a move away from acting, rather a way to get different exposure. Yes, Gerry is known as a "hunk" but lets also remember that the business he is in stresses what is on the outside, lucky for us Gerry is so much more than that to anyone who looks beyond a photo and takes a listen to interviews. Also TONS of very talented and respected actors have dealt with a "hunk" stigma. Brad Pitt & George Clooney dealt with a good deal of that (as well as many others including Robert Redford, Leonardo Dicaprio, Colin Farrel), but over time people began to take them more seriously and see their talent beyond the great looks. I have complete faith that as Gerry gets different and more varied roles this will change. For the mean time I wish him all the best and can't wait to open up a magazine and see him in a great suit!

I'm of the opinion if he does tasteful shots like in a nice suit or at least fully clothed then I would be happy enough for him to do something like this - and until he or Versace make a proper announcement I would take all this as just rumours as the Scottish Sunday Mail is not exactly famous for getting everything right and these rumours have been around since he was in Milan so they are a bit late on the uptake.

What I would draw the line at is him doing one of those David Beckham underwear shots. Whilst I think David has a lovely body(shame about the Julian Clary voice) and has it where it counts I think it would be demeaning to Gerry to do something like this - yes Gerry has a great body regardless if he is Leonidas or Jack Rusoe(prefer Jack as he is more a real man) but I think he would get the p**s ripped out of him by his mates if he became an underwear model and I think he would maybe be taken less seriously by certain parts of the industry!!!!!.

Moira

I'm of the opinion if he does tasteful shots like in a nice suit or at least fully clothed then I would be happy enough for him to do something like this - and until he or Versace make a proper announcement I would take all this as just rumours as the Scottish Sunday Mail is not exactly famous for getting everything right and these rumours have been around since he was in Milan so they are a bit late on the uptake.

What I would draw the line at is him doing one of those David Beckham underwear shots. Whilst I think David has a lovely body(shame about the Julian Clary voice) and has it where it counts I think it would be demeaning to Gerry to do something like this - yes Gerry has a great body regardless if he is Leonidas or Jack Rusoe(prefer Jack as he is more a real man) but I think he would get the p**s ripped out of him by his mates if he became an underwear model and I think he would maybe be taken less seriously by certain parts of the industry!!!!!.

Moira

I totally agree Moira. As long as it's tasteful then it will be good for his career. Can't wait to see what happens. :yummy:

And ladies, just imagine how utterly wonderful to be leafing through a magazine (I'll get one of anything I can think of!) and just having a momentary, unexpected Gerry moment! And in public too! It'll be like a dark chocolate high by just turning the page. THAT'S what I believe Donnatella Versace wants --- a Gerry jolt. Women want to see --- men want to be.

I just like him however,....and as long as he's happy......I'm in. :cunning:

Jill

BRING ON THE GERRY JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool1:

I´m ok with this either way. Great if it materialises, great if it doesn´t.

However, I have to comment on Hollywood taking him seriously as an actor. I think he´s already proven himself and anybody with eyes can see that he´s good at what he does and that he´s definitely an A-lister, so he´s absolutely taken seriously in Hollywood.

Edited by Kez

I must say I really do not like the idea that much. Money is a nice thing (and I really wish him to have A LOT of money!), the fact that a famous fashion designer noticed that he has a beautiful body is a nice thing (well, who would not?), but he is much more than that! Even now, everybody speaks just about his body, not so much about acting, I am afraid this might get even worse. Also, I do not know how much it adds to an image of a film producer. To me, it looks like those people are giving away a part of their personality (and are becoming a part of a brand they advertise). :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Hi Donnie,

I must take ecception to the comment about Gerry's acting. I almost always say something about Gerry's acting. He is the consumate actor and it is this ability that keeps me so totally in love with this awesome man. His beautiful body is a wonderful added asset, but it was his voice, smile and acting ability that made me fall so totally in love with him in "Mrs. Brown" eleven years ago and still falling and probably won't stop 'till I am gone. He is such a fantastic man, that his acting brings out the persons that he has inside him. This is his way of being a lot of people and still be himself. When I see Gerry on the screen, my heart skips a beat and I give a tiny yelp of delight. My kids think I'm crazy! But Gerry brings out the 'young woman' in me that is fading with age. But he makes me feel so good when I watch him on the screen being his character, that I almost never watch the "movie", just skip through to the parts with Gerry in them. And watch those parts over and over. His expressions and his voice and gestures as the character make me feel so wonderful. He is awesome in so many ways, I could never count them. But I realize too, he is a human man with faults and foibles. That's what makes me love him more. He is so 'human'!!!

Please don't, I pray, take this as an insult. I just wanted to say, I never forget what made me fall for Gerry in the first place. His awesome acting!!!! And you are a bit right, it seems sometimes to be forgotten a little that he is a fantastic actor. But not very much.

I love Ya Gal,

Joanna

Dear Joanna:

I totally agree with you! And this is what makes me worried if they want him to became just a tool to promote a certain brand of clothes to sell better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Edited by Donnie

I don't see him doing underwear ads. Photos of him in a beautiful suit...yes.

Ditto . . . the man can wear a paper sack and it would look :yummy: but he's older now and in different position in life than DB, who is an ATHLETE and that's probably why he does the ads he does (which, by the way, are sooooo pretty). Gerry, on the other hand, is an actor and a producer and I do not see him for one second agreeing to do ads in his chonies. I think the suits or casual attire is where they would go with Gerry. Gosh, even in the latest Hagopian pics he had an undershirt on underneath his shirt so we couldn't see his sexy tummy (dammit, Gerry).

As far as his acting, I still don't think he's taken that seriously yet. I think he's on his way, for sure, and he most certainly is a A lister, but maybe just to some right now. I think he still has a little way to go yet, and I keep saying this, but no one listens to me, that it will take Law Abiding Citizen for Hollywood to notice the true talent and depth this man has. Game is an action flick; RNR is a fun gangster movie (which will help more than the others, though); and TUT is a vehicle for his co-star. He will outshine everyone else on the screen with him, that's for sure!

The other thing Gerry has on his side are all the positive accoladed that everyone who works with him has to say about him. Word of mouth in Hollywood means more than any critic review. Thank God Gerry is the generous, professional and wonderful man we all perceive him to be. WSYWIG. That's our man, and I think everyone who meets him loves him all the more for it!

We all know that Gerry is the BEST storyteller out there today, as well as the most intelligent and classiest man around. He'll get what he deserves soon enough . . . in the meantime, I am most definitely enjoying this wild ride and am on it until the cows come home!

Gerry knows what's best for him; I trust his judgment completely; and I support him 100%, even if I don't agree with something. Who am I to not agree with his decisions about his career? A nobody. Gerry is the best judge of his own life . . . and I will just wait and see until someone from either camp confirms this rumor.

Lisa

Hi, Ladies! :wave:

First would like to say you have a warm and a very nice company here and I would really like to join you. If that’s ok. :)

As for this news – I can’t say I’m really happy about it. I mean it would be great to see new Gerry’s pictures and good money – it’s always good… But I absolutely don’t like the talks only about his shape in “300” and that word “hunk” they constantly use. He is much more than that! :tantrum: Don’t they see it?! For me Gerry is a serious actor, and I don’t actually see how this contract can help his career. He is well-known all over the world and without it. :D

Anyway whatever choice he’ll make I hope he will be happy with it. I just don’t want to watch him working so hard to get back to “300” shape. As for me, Nim’s Island shape is just great! :yummy: And it's still not the most important thing in this man!

I think that Gerard will do a fantastic job for Versace. He is a very sophisticated man and looks a million dollars when in the public eye, especially in a suit!! Donatella has obviously caught on to what we already know!!!

Edited by jackie62

I thought about this topic after I posted yesterday and there is still something that bothers me about it - Gerry getting the contract to be the new "it" guy for Versace, not the topic itself.

The entertainment industry long since stopped being about talent and became mostly about looks some time in the 1960s. Modeling has always been about looks, but became much more so after the 1960s and Twiggy.

I watched Brad Pitt in Troy, Thelma and Louise, Legends of the Fall and Meet Joe Black. He's an actor and a good one, but he doesn't have the talent to make his characters believable.

I watched Gerry in Dear Frankie, Dracula 2000, One More Kiss, PSILY, POTO and 300 (there are, after all, only so many hours in a weekend). Even in Dracula, he made the character real. Gerry's range is phenomenal - nothing less. This man has that secret ingredient that actors like Olivier, Burton, McLelland, etc. have.

So, what bothers me about the Versace thing? I think it's because I'm worried that this may be the first step in becoming a face instead of a true talent and true talent is seriously lacking in H'wood right now.

Gerry has it all - brains, looks, talent, and is a really decent person from all I hear. I just hope the entourage doesn't corrupt a really good person...