Gerard Butler GALS

The First Scottish Burr that I fell for ....

Hi There !

Like so many folks around here -- I truly love to hear/listen to Gerry talk -- he has a lovely

Scottish Burr --- soooo sexy and fine to listen to --- (infact -- I think I enjoy listening to him

talk-- and of course watching him too --- as much as I love to see him perform on film !)

After being on this site for a while and having the pleasure of hearing/watching so many of

Gerry's interviews and seeing/collecting more and more of his films -- I started pondering

about his lovely Scottish brogue -- but truthfully -- I have long been attracted to the Scottish

accents -- actually I'm a lover of many accents/dialects and languages -- (I'm not saying I'm

in anyway an expert on languages -- I'm not) ... just because I don't understand what someone

is saying all the time -- doesn't mean I can't enjoy listening to there way of speach -- it can be rather

like music -- and I am quite a music enthusiast - got quite the passion for it !!

So to try to move through -- my current tangent -- LOL !!! --- I realized that the first

Scottish accent that I ever fell for was a long time ago - when I myself was a wee lassie...

It was this guy -- (Silly Me - but I can't help myself) ...

Jock's Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNqBePvsXXU

I just wondered about what other's thoughts on this subject might be ?? --

Who's accents have you flipped for -- besides/or including Gerry.. etc...

and please let me add since I'm posting about Languages -- that I think Sign Language is --- Cool !!!

I know a little of it and I need to learn more --- and people who are deaf/and/or hard of hearing --

have always completely inspired me and blown me away --- so who/how has Gerry and/or other

actors etc inspired you ??

Just thought would post /share ... see what y'all think...

Take care !!

Amanda-T

Hi There !

Like so many folks around here -- I truly love to hear/listen to Gerry talk -- he has a lovely

Scottish Burr --- soooo sexy and fine to listen to --- (infact -- I think I enjoy listening to him

talk-- and of course watching him too --- as much as I love to see him perform on film !)

After being on this site for a while and having the pleasure of hearing/watching so many of

Gerry's interviews and seeing/collecting more and more of his films -- I started pondering

about his lovely Scottish brogue -- but truthfully -- I have long been attracted to the Scottish

accents -- actually I'm a lover of many accents/dialects and languages -- (I'm not saying I'm

in anyway an expert on languages -- I'm not) ... just because I don't understand what someone

is saying all the time -- doesn't mean I can't enjoy listening to there way of speach -- it can be rather

like music -- and I am quite a music enthusiast - got quite the passion for it !!

So to try to move through -- my current tangent -- LOL !!! --- I realized that the first

Scottish accent that I ever fell for was a long time ago - when I myself was a wee lassie...

It was this guy -- (Silly Me - but I can't help myself) ...

Jock's Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNqBePvsXXU

I just wondered about what other's thoughts on this subject might be ?? --

Who's accents have you flipped for -- besides/or including Gerry.. etc...

and please let me add since I'm posting about Languages -- that I think Sign Language is --- Cool !!!

I know a little of it and I need to learn more --- and people who are deaf/and/or hard of hearing --

have always completely inspired me and blown me away --- so who/how has Gerry and/or other

actors etc inspired you ??

Just thought would post /share ... see what y'all think...

Take care !!

Amanda-T

Hello There Amanda-T :wave:

Oh I so can relate to what you are talking about. I myself have always loved listening to accents ever since I was a little girl. I was around accents my entire life since both my parents are native Hungarians. I kind of got picked on as a child since it was the first language I learned and when I started elementary school, I assume I had a very strong Hungarian accent..LOL. So much so, that some of the kids would tease me and call me Dracula's daughter...OMG..it was awful. LOL!!! That was many years ago and have lost my accent.....but boy can I do a real awesome impersonation of Hungarians...it's a hoot! :pointy:

I remember watching 007 movies with my Dad and remember having a very strong crush on Sean Connery. I loved the way he talked and remember thinking, I'm going to marry a man that sounds just like that one day (sadly never did....but ya never know, there still is hope..LOL). Since then I have always loved the way Scots pronounce things and how melodious their lilts and "R"'s sound. Oh wow...I just love it! And who can miss the way that our lovely Gerry speak, I mean, just like all of you Gals, I could listen to him speak all day long and never.....ever....never..get tired. :drool1::pant::yummy::wuv: I guess I'm so strange that I listen to BBC's Radio Scotland on the computer...LOL...sometimes I fall asleep to listening to Scottish accents.....ahhhh...it's wonderful!

So you are not alone my friend....there are many of us out there that appreciate and adore this most beautiful accent...especially when Gerry talks....swoons!!) ;):wuv:

Love and Blessings,

Elizabeth

Bay City Rollers - does anyone remember them? I absolutely loved them as a teenager. :music:

Yes I remember them! They were my first Scottish crush!!! :menkilt:

I got to meet the group several times. Eric Faulkner was my favorite! :wuv:

Strange how history repeats itself...my son's name is Eric and I am crazy about another Scotsman! :whome2:

Still hoping the meeting him part is yet to come! :watchclock:

Bay City Rollers - does anyone remember them? I absolutely loved them as a teenager. :music:

Strange how history repeats itself...my son's name is Eric and I am crazy about another Scotsman! :whome2:

Hi Scorpio613 - OMG, you got to meet Eric! I thought he had the most beautiful eyes. I had a thing for Derek the drummer. He was all teeth and hair! :yummy:

I had his poster over my bed - and would fall asleep looking at it. Funny, because I didnt' have any other friends who liked them - instead they were into Shaun Cassidy and those skinny American boys. I remember a couple years ago on a show like Behind the Music on VH1, I believe the said Derek is now a nurse (I think) and they followed up on the others. Anyway, like me they were aging and heavier.

Hey there -- Ballerina, GalPal2008 & Scorpio613 :wave:

Good to meet y'all !

Good posts -- Ballerina -- I bet your accent is really cool -- and I hear ya on Sean Connery !!

He is still Verra Handsome !! -- Hey have you seen that video - I think it's hear on GALS where

Craig Ferguson (another Sexy Scotsman) was interviewing Gerry?? -- (it's the older video when the romour about Gerry playing Bond was buzzing) -- and Gerry and Craig are both doing there

impersantations of Sean -- both did fine job -- it was adorable -- and funny -- they are a trip

together !! actually there's another video interview after 300 came out -- of Gerry on Craig's

again -- they were tripping and they were clowning around about quitting the smokes etc..

Hey -- GalPal & Scorpio --- S-A-TUR-DAY -- night !! :pointy: -- I hear Ya !! -- I remember -

Fine Handsome Lads indeed !! hee hee --

Cool posts

take care

Amanda-Tee

Hey there -- Ballerina, GalPal2008 & Scorpio613 :wave:

Good to meet y'all !

Good posts -- Ballerina -- I bet your accent is really cool -- and I hear ya on Sean Connery !!

He is still Verra Handsome !! -- Hey have you seen that video - I think it's hear on GALS where

Craig Ferguson (another Sexy Scotsman) was interviewing Gerry?? -- (it's the older video when the romour about Gerry playing Bond was buzzing) -- and Gerry and Craig are both doing there

impersantations of Sean -- both did fine job -- it was adorable -- and funny -- they are a trip

together !! actually there's another video interview after 300 came out -- of Gerry on Craig's

again -- they were tripping and they were clowning around about quitting the smokes etc..

Hey -- GalPal & Scorpio --- S-A-TUR-DAY -- night !! :pointy: -- I hear Ya !! -- I remember -

Fine Handsome Lads indeed !! hee hee --

Cool posts

take care

Amanda-Tee

Hi Amanda-Tee, thanks for the welcome - I am from NC myself. :)

I love Craig Ferguson and just used him in the snog or slap game. I am watching his show right now from last night (DVR). I disliked him on "The Drew Carey Show" heck, I disliked the show but his character got on my last nerve. When he came to this late night show, I was like "WHOA!" I didn't realize until then that he was Scottish - seriously though he was English because of his character on the show. LOL I enjoyed the interview with Gerry and Craig very much - the first one more so than the second one but still thought that they clicked because of their Glasgow backgrounds. :)

Hey GalPal2008 ...

Alright !! -- Another North Carolinian ! -- Cool !

Yea -- I luvs Mr Craig Ferguson -- He's is soooo funny,smart and most easy on the eyes -- just

like Gerr -- (I must say --- Hee hee) -- I remember watching him on Drew Carey Show --

yea -that's right -- he had an English accent on the show -- and I was surprised too

when I discovered him on the Late Late Show - and that he too has a lovely Scottish Accent

and it's pretty cool that Craig and Gerry are both from Glasgow as well.

Craig is a Hoot -- but so is Gerry -- they are a trip when they get together !

They make quite the comedy team... and it is a trip to watch the videos of the 2 of them together.

I think I like the first one a little bit better too - Craig was picking a bit on Gerry (in second one)

about trying to quit the smokes (but I think Craig ment it in a good way -- being a former smoker

himself).

Cool post....

Hey there Ballerina/Elizabeth -- I bet you have a wonderful Hungarian accent -- I've always

been very partial to the Count -- hee hee myself -- I think it would be cool to hear you

talk hungarian..

:wave: Tee

Hi Scorpio613 - OMG, you got to meet Eric! I thought he had the most beautiful eyes. I had a thing for Derek the drummer. He was all teeth and hair! :yummy:

I had his poster over my bed - and would fall asleep looking at it. Funny, because I didnt' have any other friends who liked them - instead they were into Shaun Cassidy and those skinny American boys. I remember a couple years ago on a show like Behind the Music on VH1, I believe the said Derek is now a nurse (I think) and they followed up on the others. Anyway, like me they were aging and heavier.

Yes Eric has beautiful eyes and they are even more beautiful in person! :thud:

Luckily I got to meet them on several occasions and even got to walk & talk one on one with Eric. I remember I had a hard time understanding him because of the accent, so I just smiled and nodded to whatever he said! :lol: Derek was a cutie but very quiet. Woody & Ian were sweet and Les McKeown was very friendly and outgoing - your typical lead singer personality. :D

I saw that VH1 show too and Derek is a nurse. Both Les and Ian have their own versions of the Bay City Rollers: Les McKeown's Legendary Bay City Rollers and Ian Mitchell's Bay City Rollers and Eric still does solo gigs in the UK. Don't know what Woody, Pat or Alan are doing?

Like Mother, Like Daughter...I had pictures of the BCR all over my room, especially Eric's. Now my daughter is a huge fan of the Jonas Brothers and she has their pictures and posters all over her room, especially Nick, her favorite brother. So I guess does repeat itself! :p

Edited by Scorpio613