Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard Butler GALS Holiday Charity Drive

Stef with an F

Posted Image

At this most splendid time of the year, GALS would like to announce our First Annual Holiday Charity. The Administration and Mods of GBGALS.com have researched, pondered and have finally decided to name Scottish Youth Theatre as the recipients of our generosity. For those of you who do not know, this is the same theatre Gerry attended as a youth and we all know what a fabulous actor he has become!

Below is a little history from the Scottish Youth Theatre website:

At the core of all Scottish Youth Theatre activities are the participants and Scottish Youth Theatre encourages each young person to develop self-confidence and self-esteem, as well as theatre related skills. Whilst a proportion of Scottish Youth Theatre participants go on to drama colleges throughout the UK and some become well known like Gerard Butler, Siobhan Redmond, Douglas Henshall, Laura Fraser, Colin McCredie, Blythe Duff, David Mackay, Caroline Paterson, Craig McMurdo, and Kirsty Young Scottish Youth Theatre is not about producing 'stars' as such; Scottish Youth Theatre's primary concern is with supporting the development of social and creative skills in every young person it reaches.

We believe this is truly a wonderful organization and we are pleased to lend a helping hand to be a positive influence for change in many a Scottish youth's life.

Below is the e-mail we received from Mark Irwin, Marketing Manager, Scottish Youth Theatre:

Thanks ever so much for thinking of us with regards to your Christmas Charity. Scottish Youth Theatre would be more than happy to accept this kind offer, the money raised will certainly be put to good use and maybe even produce the next Mr Butler.

Just to let you know, Scottish Youth Theatre is coming to America in April 2006. We will be performing as part of Tartan week in New York. Maybe we could meet and then you guys will be able to see how your generosity has helped the young people who take part in Scottish Youth Theatre!

Our goal is to raise at least $1,000.00 for this most worthwhile cause. In doing so, a plaque with our name, "Gerard Butler GALS," will be placed on a chair in the theatre. How wonderful for Gerry to have his name immortalized in the very theatre which sparked his interest in the arts!

Donations can be submitted online through Paypal or mailed as money orders/checks. Please go to the Gerard Butler GALS Holiday Charity Drive website to donate online or gather further information.

Thanks in advance to all you most wonderfully generous GALS!

:hugs:

Your Admins. and Mods at GBgals.com

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a cutoff deadline for the drive. I'm expecting a longevity bonus between the 15th and 23rd, and I want a small part to go to this drive. :thankyou: Another small portion is going to be spent on a couple of Gerry DVD's and Jenni's books :yippee: then the rest goes in the bank....

Linda

ANOTHER excellent and creative idea from GALS!! I love it here!!

I have just made my donation.

How cool that this is so connected with Gerry and something that was such a positive influence on his young life! Now we have the opportunity to support that effort with other young people, too!

Hurrah for GALS!!

:hugs:

Songbird

I just donated, a little more than $2 right? LOL, this is an awesome idea for a charity drive, and what a gesture in Gerry's honour, great, super idea Gals!!!

D

It is so funny, when the mods and admins started discussing the idea of a holiday charity I was on my way home from work one night mulling over ideas and thinking - "it should be something in Scotland, maybe having to do with children, and possibly the theater" - and I get home that very night, log on and Barbara had sent us an email about the Scottish Youth Theater as a suggested charity. How sympatico was that? It was like she read my mind and turned my mish-mash of an idea into a reality. I'm so excited about this, and the generosity everyone is showing already is amazing!!!

:igotgals: and I'm so proud of it!

I just donated too! What a wonderful charity. It is amazing how giving Gerry's fans are to worthy causes. A reflection of Gerry I think. Thank you to the admins for coming up with this amazing Holiday Charity. :yourock: :mopboyreddeath:

Our contributions are presently up to $323! We're almost 1/3 of the way to our goal, and we're still only in the first few days! Thank you for your generosity GALS!!

Ladies,

Just wanted to drop you a note....

Whoever (and it was probably a collaboration, as usual you brilliant mods) thought of this, you are fabulous!!!!!!

As a theater person myself, I'm always up for supporting the arts, especially local, small-time theater, as they usually need the money the most and their budgets are insanely small with HUGE operating expenses. You never realize how much money it takes to do a show until you know a producer or director (or are one, bless their souls).

But you've outdone yourselves! Not only is it theater, but it's Scottish too, AND it's kids, AND, to top it off, it was one of Gerry's early theater influences that lead us to our appreciation.

Does it get any better? I'm donating today! Thanks so much! Hopefully we can make some kids very happy and inspire them for life, I know it really touched my life and the lives of so many others!

I've been proud to be a GALS girl before, but with this and the site improvements and the latest POTO site, really, I could not be more impressed!

Love you all,

Jen

I just donated. I really hope we reach our goal and more. This is a wonderful program for children to do what they've always dreamed and Im happy to help out! And I really hope to see them in NYC next year to see the little Gerry's in action! :)