Gerard Butler GALS

POTO question

No, she is Madame Giry's daughter. In the movie we don't know anything about Meg's father. Erik is sexually inexperenced, there for it is clear that Meg is not his. But IMO Meg knows more about Erik than she lets on. It isn't much of a streatch to figure that she knows him through the relationship that Erik has with her mother (brother/sister).

I'm sure some of the other phans will pipe in with their take on your question.

:donjuan:Erik from what I understood helped raise Meg since he was a bit older than her after Madame Giry's husband died. He would be more of a step brother all be it an adopted one by Madame Giry.. :phantom2: About the inexperienced Erik...rumors of the sequel suggest that he sired a son by Christine! :jawdrop: Now....let us discuss those nylons that just happened to disappear over night while in the Lair?

If you have read The Phatom of the Opera by Gaston Laroux, then you know it was eludded to that Erik and Christine made love once before he died. So there is a good chance that she may have borne his child.

Your therory on Erik having a 'step-brother' type relationship with Meg, IMO is incorrect. The brother/sister relationship would have been between Madame Giry and Erik, since he was only approx 3 yrs younger than she. Therefore he would have been more of an 'uncle' type, if in fact he had any interaction with Meg at all.

As always these are my opinions.

Warning Spoilers Below scroll by quickly if you do not want to see them.

Some post movie novels have been written and are on sale at Gals Boutique.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/boutique

In Sadie Montgomery's books Meg marries Erik and they have children.

So no he would definately not be her father.

Sadie Montgomery

The Phoenix of the Opera

Out of the Darkness

The Phantom's Opera

Phantom Death

In Susan Kay's novel Erik helps Meg get to move up in the ballet, but when he over hears her talking about him to Christine and threatens to undo his help.

http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Susan-Kay/dp...0960&sr=1-2

In Sebbid's novel Stefanie Cole. Meg and Erik have some sort of of friendship, but Christine ends up with Erik.

Stefanie Cole

The Phantom Returns

In the movie it is alluded to that Erik is a virgin.

In the ALW stage play as well.

The stockings missing is called a continuity error.

I believe Erik sleeps with Christine once in Susan Kaye's novel though it is not said definately and it is alluded to her son may indeed be Erik's and not Raoul's and Raoul swears to raise him as his own son come what may.

Susan Kay's novel was written after seeing ALW's Phantom on Sale.

I have not had the privilege to read Gaston Leroux's original novel as my stupid library does not carry it.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

If you have read The Phatom of the Opera by Gaston Laroux, then you know it was eludded to that Erik and Christine made love once before he died. So there is a good chance that she may have borne his child.

Your therory on Erik having a 'step-brother' type relationship with Meg, IMO is incorrect. The brother/sister relationship would have been between Madame Giry and Erik, since he was only approx 3 yrs younger than she. Therefore he would have been more of an 'uncle' type, if in fact he had any interaction with Meg at all.

:bow2: I stand corrected you are right about that! That is why on the old WB's board there were so many questions about the "age appropriate" connection between the Phantom and Meg's friend Christine...Although now a days it goes without having to be said that older men go after MUCH younger women...And then again we have cougars like Demi Moore...okay enough said. :escape:

:bow2: I stand corrected you are right about that! That is why on the old WB's board there were so many questions about the "age appropriate" connection between the Phantom and Meg's friend Christine...Although now a days it goes without having to be said that older men go after MUCH younger women...And then again we have cougars like Demi Moore...okay enough said. :escape:

I love the idea of a romance between Meg and Erik if you go by Gerry's sure she screamed, but she was always trying to get down to that lair.

You should really read Sadie's interview.

http://ms.sadiemontgomery.googlepages.com/...gomeryinterview

She explains it so well.

I see Gerik as totally going for Meg.

Now Susan Kay's I have a different dream for him. I wrote in my own fan fic.

Warning Adult content and no one under 18 allowed to join the board.

A Love Scene For Susan Kay's Erik

http://gerrylicious.proboards81.com/index....&thread=320

For Gerick I went with my own Megerik..

It is over 18 as well.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...showtopic=18157

I think people should be allowed to make their own conclusions about what happened to Erik.

Of course in Susan's Kay's book it follows him from birth to to death.

I would recommend owning all Sadie's, Stefanie's and Susan Kay's.

Oh and if you enjoy a modern day Erik. Pilar writes a great one in London Town.

http://inspiredreality.forum777.com/index.htm

Again you must be over 18.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I have read Leroux book, and did not have an impression that they really made love. For Erik, it was enough that Christine did not run away when seeing his face (I did not explain her "being kind to him" as being THAT kind).

By the way, the Leroux book can be found on Internet, if you do not have access to a "paper" version of it, for example on

http://www.readprint.com/work-716/Leroux-Gaston

By the way, the idea of Erik having a closer relation with Mme Giry (in a musical version) seems quite possible, but if it was true, Erik would not tell Christine that:

"That fate which condemns me to wallow in blood, has also denied me the joys of the flesh." (so it seems that Erik was totally unexperienced in that area).

:wave::wave::wave:

Edited by Donnie

I have read Leroux book, and did not have an impression that they really made love. For Erik, it was enough that Christine did not run away when seeing his face (I did not explain her "being kind to him" as being THAT kind).

By the way, the Leroux book can be found on Internet, if you do not have access to a "paper" version of it, for example on

By the way, the idea of Erik having a closer relation with Mme Giry (in a musical version) seems quite possible, but if it was true, Erik would not tell Christine that:

"That fate which condemns me to wallow in blood, has also denied me the joys of the flesh." (so it seems that Erik was totally unexperienced in that area).

Yes, that line tells us for sure that Erik is a virgin, and I like it that way. If Erik was Meg's father, that would mean he and Madame Giry had sex with each other. If that was the case, it wouldn't make sense to me for Erik to want Christine so much, and it was clear to me that Erik wanted to have Christine as a sexual partner at some point in his life. However, that wouldn't make sense if Madame Giry was already his sexual partner. From what I got from the movie, Madame Giry is either a mother or a big sister figure to Erik. I also don't like the idea of Erik siring a child of Christine because of that particular line, and I would have lost a lot of respect for Erik if he had taken advantage of Christine while she was asleeep in his lair. Also, just because a lot of people don't like Raoul doesn't mean he can't prodcce children of his own, and there's no reason why his children can't be intelligent [i mean he is a noble; he has received an education]. Also, Gerry has alluded in interviews that romantic relationship with Christine is always just beyond his [the Phantom's] reach.

Yes, that line tells us for sure that Erik is a virgin, and I like it that way. If Erik was Meg's father, that would mean he and Madame Giry had sex with each other. If that was the case, it wouldn't make sense to me for Erik to want Christine so much, and it was clear to me that Erik wanted to have Christine as a sexual partner at some point in his life. However, that wouldn't make sense if Madame Giry was already his sexual partner. From what I got from the movie, Madame Giry is either a mother or a big sister figure to Erik. I also don't like the idea of Erik siring a child of Christine because of that particular line, and I would have lost a lot of respect for Erik if he had taken advantage of Christine while she was asleeep in his lair. Also, just because a lot of people don't like Raoul doesn't mean he can't prodcce children of his own, and there's no reason why his children can't be intelligent [i mean he is a noble; he has received an education]. Also, Gerry has alluded in interviews that romantic relationship with Christine is always just beyond his [the Phantom's] reach.

:pointy: Thank-you so much for this link to the Leroux version I will absolutely look it up!

I also don't like the idea of Erik siring a child of Christine because of that particular line, and I would have lost a lot of respect for Erik if he had taken advantage of Christine while she was asleeep in his lair.

All kidding aside the implications that he took advantage of her that night in the Lair are wrong....ALW will bring the "son" into being because of a reunion after Erik left the Lair via the mirror.

Thanks for posting that read print link - I want to read the book now so badly. This happens to me everytime I see something so phenomonial. :) I am looking forward to reading the book now to get a little more insight on Erik and Christine.

Just as a bit of a forewarning when it comes to Leroux's book: More than a few folks have complained about the writing style, myself included. I found his story very difficult to follow at times. Not just because it's different than ALW's version but Leroux has a very different and difficult style of writing than I'm used to reading. For me, the Raoul in the book was so totally whiney. I enjoyed the movie and play Raoul a whole lot more. It also seems to make a bit more sense, based on the lyrics of the song, that Erik wasn't the father of Meg. But I would love to know more about the relationship between Mdme Giry and Erik.

All that said, I'm very glad that I read it. It gave more insight into all the characters and while there are some differences, I enjoyed the different perspectives on those characters. I enjoyed seeing the "bones" of the story that ALW based his musical on. I also enjoyed that the movie brought even more details that were left out of the play.

Even with the difficulty of the book, I find it fascinating that even a story that might be difficult to read for some has continued to fascinate people for so many years. We've had multiple movies, ALW's play, countless books. Obviously this story at its very core strikes a chord with countless people. I just think that's really cool.

Just as a bit of a forewarning when it comes to Leroux's book: More than a few folks have complained about the writing style, myself included. I found his story very difficult to follow at times. Not just because it's different than ALW's version but Leroux has a very different and difficult style of writing than I'm used to reading. For me, the Raoul in the book was so totally whiney. I enjoyed the movie and play Raoul a whole lot more. It also seems to make a bit more sense, based on the lyrics of the song, that Erik wasn't the father of Meg. But I would love to know more about the relationship between Mdme Giry and Erik.

All that said, I'm very glad that I read it. It gave more insight into all the characters and while there are some differences, I enjoyed the different perspectives on those characters. I enjoyed seeing the "bones" of the story that ALW based his musical on. I also enjoyed that the movie brought even more details that were left out of the play.

Even with the difficulty of the book, I find it fascinating that even a story that might be difficult to read for some has continued to fascinate people for so many years. We've had multiple movies, ALW's play, countless books. Obviously this story at its very core strikes a chord with countless people. I just think that's really cool.

Like you I enjoy the many facets of this story which over the years has grown to either be one that people love or hate. I just love reading about it in all it's glory..

Aw, No one seemed interested in anything I said. :tissues:.

:wuv:What? Sure we are interested honey...

I love the idea of a romance between Meg and Erik if you go by Gerry's sure she screamed, but she was always trying to get down to that lair.

I actually read some fanfics about this and yes loved the idea of romance between these two as well!

You should really read Sadie's interview.

http://ms.sadiemontgomery.googlepages.com/...gomeryinterview

She explains it so well.

I see Gerik as totally going for Meg.

Now Susan Kay's I have a different dream for him. I wrote in my own fan fic.

Warning Adult content and no one under 18 allowed to join the board.

A Love Scene For Susan Kay's Erik

http://gerrylicious.proboards81.com/index....&thread=320

For Gerick I went with my own Megerik..

It is over 18 as well.

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...showtopic=18157

I think people should be allowed to make their own conclusions about what happened to Erik.

Of course in Susan's Kay's book it follows him from birth to to death.

I would recommend owning all Sadie's, Stefanie's and Susan Kay's.