Gerard Butler GALS

What are your top three?

1. The Music of the Night (Because it's nothing but Gerry's voice I'm hearing, yum, and you can feel the Phantom's desire and longing but at the same time his despair and the sad belief that deep down in his heart the Phantom already knows that Christine won't be his. I also like how Gerry carries the notes "soar" ("Let your spritit start to soar") and "night" ("Help me make the Music of the Night").

2. The Point of No Return (I love how Gerry says "fire" ("What raging fire shall flood the soul"), along with many other words. You can feel the sexual energy and the passion in this song. Then, you can feel the complete sadness of the Phantom when he is singing "All of I Ask of You" to Christine before she rips his mask off).

3. I Remember/Stranger Than You Dreamt It (You could tell just by his voice alone that Gerry as the Phantom was angry. Then, you could clearly hear the Phantom's transition from anger to sadness in a way that was totally realistic and believeable.)

The Music of the Night - just enchanting and it sold me that Gerry was the phantom

Point of No Return - because it was Gerry/Phantom at his sexiest

Masquerade - his edited version at the end, just tears my heart out and you can hear the pain in his voice at being rejected once again.

Masquerade - his edited version at the end, just tears my heart out and you can hear the pain in his voice at being rejected once again.

Actually, Masquerade is separate from Gerry's part. His is called "Why So Silent?"

1. The Point of No Return

2. Music of the Night

3. No One Would Listen

If there are more possibilities, I would also add The Phantom of the Opera, which was my favourite even before - but there is more Christine's part in it. It is as to singing - as to acting, there would be other "favourites".....

:pointy::pointy::pointy:

1. The Point of No Return

2. Music of The Night

3. Masquerade

I love the whole musical, as do we all, the singing is AMAZING!!!

Music of the Night

Point of No Return

All I Ask of You

My favorite is Point of No Return especially when the Phantom sings in Christine's ear "Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime" OOH! The quavering voice of Gerry makes me cry every time!

Actually, Masquerade is separate from Gerry's part. His is called "Why So Silent?"

Hi Deb, yep I knew that. Do you know the part after the mask is off and he is sitting there with the monkey singing it very quietly to himself (almost sounds as if he is trying to sooth himself) and Christine walks back up to give him the ring....that is the part I am referring to. It tears my nerves up everytime I view it. Now that I think of it, I am not sure it is even a song - just a brief version of his singing it to himself.

Hi Deb, yep I knew that. Do you know the part after the mask is off and he is sitting there with the monkey singing it very quietly to himself (almost sounds as if he is trying to sooth himself) and Christine walks back up to give him the ring....that is the part I am referring to. It tears my nerves up everytime I view it. Now that I think of it, I am not sure it is even a song - just a brief version of his singing it to himself.

OH! That part of Masquerade....now I get it! Sometimes I can be rather thick!

:wave: Hi Deb, btw, my name is Deb too - are you a Deborah or a Debra? :)

Anyway, I really didn't describe it very well - I just know that one scene, makes me tear up just thinking about it and hearing his voice during that performance makes me so sad for him and the unwanted little boy comes out in his voice imho.

Thanks again and glad we got it straight.

Edited by galpal2008

WOW! Only three?? Hmmm...ok...

The Phantom of the Opera

Music of the Night

Point of No Return

...AND the rest of the soundtrack! :wuv:

April

:wuv:Okay #1 music of the night #2 Point of no Return #3 All I ask of you (when Phantom sang it to her before she ripped off his mask in PONR)

:wave: Hi Deb, btw, my name is Deb too - are you a Deborah or a Debra? :)

Anyway, I really didn't describe it very well - I just know that one scene, makes me tear up just thinking about it and hearing his voice during that performance makes me so sad for him and the unwanted little boy comes out in his voice imho.

Thanks again and glad we got it straight.

I agree whole heartedly with what you said. Even 3 yrs later I can't listen to 'Down Once More' with out bawling like a wee bairn! My heart just breaks EVERY time! You should have seen me in Vegas...it wasn't pretty.....

and I'm a Deborah (which I HATE)

Point of No Return (Gerry's half, Emmy's half is great too and the duet, but the ending rips my heart out.)

Music of the Night

I wish I could say No one Would Listen, but that is not in the movie, but I love it.

Since I also love Jen Ellison I will say Angel of Music but I am torn between that and All I ask of You because I love to hear Patrick and Emmy sing together too.

• 3 weeks later...

My absolute favorite is "Past the Point of No Return." I have never had a song affect me the way that one does. It actually makes my toes tingle when he starts across the walkway towards her :drool1: I realized then as I was watching that song, that there was still passion in this ol' gal-LOL.

It was extremely sensual, and how anyone could have resisted him is beyond me. I would have fainted in his arms when he got to me. :pant:

I still get toe tingles and tingles everywhere else when I listen to it. The changing from major key to minor key in the first verse is so beautiful.

I also like MOTN. who could not. I love the line when he state, "Only then, can you belong to me." I was his from the first time I saw that beautiful man with the torch. I was absolutely stunned.

I too love "No One Would Listen." I don't like the same music at the end with Minnie Driver singing it. The words were poignant there too, but it just did nothing to me, not like the first time I played "No One would Listen.". I think ALW made a HUGE mistake by not using it in the movie. I am so glad I was able to get it on the double DVD set.

When he sings "Masquerade" in front of the music box, is when I usually begin to cry. By the time it is over, I am usually bawling!!!!!!

I also cry in the scene with the rose. I suffer with him when he is watching from behind the pillar.

The songs were great, and yes, Gerry is handsome, but I doubt that I would have felt as sympathetic with another actor. I just do not think anyone could have shown the emotion he did.

Spartandax