Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Avivid Mind

"Sweet Whispers In My Bed"

Sweet Whispers In My Bed

Written By: Wendy Scotti

The music was loud and Sara was beginning to wonder why she decided to come out with Clair and Daniel. It was Daniels night off, you would think he wouldn’t want to come to the place he worked but Daniel and Clair both insisted that Sara come along. Everyone was talking, mingling, having drinks and laughing. The lighting was dark flashed in colors suddenly the music changed a spotlight hit the second level of the club just to the left of center stage. A man walked out and everyone’s eyes were on him. He wore dark pants that fit his form well with a belt that the lighting flickered off from. He had on a long black jacket that touched the floor and a white tank top. He took hold of a bar that hung down on a wire and jumped.

The wire ran across the floor from one end to the other. As he glided over center stage he let go and fell to the floor landing perfectly center stage in a breath taking smooth motion like he had done this a thousand times. Landing with his left hand touching the floor as he knelt down on one knee. He stood slowly and looked up as the spotlight fell on him. Everyone started screaming and yelling his name, “Marcus, Marcus, Marcus.” They started yelling wildly and Sara looked around wondering what was going on. She seemed to be the only one not yelling and felt very out of place.

Marcus looked straight at Sara and said in a loud deep voice, “Welcome to my world.” As he slowly started to walk off the dance floor everyone crowded the floor though they kept their distance from Marcus giving him a clear walk way past the tables and chairs, past the bar and up the stairway to the right that led up to his office on the second level. As he walked by he looked straight ahead. No glances to the side, no talking to those around him yet you could hear them yell out, “Hey Marcus,” They greeted him like he was a God. He amazed them all. Maybe it was the look, maybe it was the walk, maybe it was his body. Whatever it was that caught her eye Sara watched as he walked by and everyone called out to him.

She watched as he glided across the dance floor and landed, amazed and shocked at what she was seeing. She watched him walk up the stairway to his office and disappear behind two very huge men standing at the top of the stairway. The door to his office closed. Suddenly she heard, “So what did you think?” being yelled at her from across the table over the loudness of the music. Sara turned around and Daniel asked again, “I told you this was a great club, never seen anything like that before now have you?” She replied, “That’s your boss?” She turned back toward the stairway to see if he came back out. Daniel looked at her then looked at Clair and smiled shaking his head in a motion of yes that he had done what he was suppose to do.

As the night went on several people came over to the table and talked with Daniel and Clair. They introduced Sara she smiled and said Hello. A couple of times Daniel took her out on the dance floor to dance but when Sara was asked to dance by someone else he stepped up and said, “She’s not interested.” Sara left for the ladies room and stopped at the bar on the way back for a drink. As she was waiting for the drink she suddenly felt a very close presence behind her and she heard a voice ask, “Would you like to dance?” It was a deep calming voice and as she turned around startled by the presence he quickly grabbed the drink so it would not be spilled. Then he looked her in the eyes and asked again, “Would you like to dance?”

She was shocked that it was Marcus asking her. Sara looked around for Clair and Daniel but she had lost them in the crowd. Marcus waited for her eyes to focus back on him and then said, “I’d like to dance with you.” He put out his hand. She wanted to say no, she wanted Daniel to appear and tell Marcus she wasn’t interested. This was all new to here this atmosphere was much different than the clubs Clair would go to with her.

Something inside Sara was screaming for her not to do it but looking at him glazing in her eyes she said not a word just gave him her hand. His presence over dominated her on ever level. He took her hand gentling and walked slightly in front of her. The music hid all other noise and she found herself gentling being lead by him in dance. As he touched her it started out innocent enough but then she could feel his hand smoothly going across her back pulling her body close to him. He kept his eyes on hers the whole time and at one point Marcus dipped her and he bent down with his face next to hers yet not touching and Sara could feel his breath on her neck. She felt as though they were not dancing anymore but something else was happening something she was unfamiliar with yet liked.

When the music changed to something else Marcus lost his hold on her thoughts and Sara quickly backed away collecting herself. Her heart was pounding and she felt filled with warmth. She excused herself from his presence without a word. He watched her walk away knowing that she was filled with all the worlds butterflies pitted in her stomach bursting to get out. She hurried to find Clair and Daniels table. Sara looked around as she walked but then glanced back at Marcus and he was still standing there. She turned around wondering why he was standing there watching her. Standing there as if he knew she was coming back. She walked backwards and then turned back around and caught a glimpse of their table.

As she approached she didn’t feel right, she felt she had to get out of there. They greeted her saying, “Where have you been?” Knowing full well that she had been dancing with Marcus.” Clair could see a look on her friends’ face that she had not seen before and asked, “Are you alright?” Sara looked at her filled with nerves that were all over the place. She was off balance unsure of what just happened and wanted to leave. Sara settled back in her seat with her friends and realized her necklace was missing; it must have come off while dancing. Sara looked toward the dance floor Marcus wasn’t there anymore nor was the place they were dancing. The floor was packed and her necklace was surely gone.

After sometime had passed a note came over to the table for Sara it said, “I have your necklace stop in before you leave tonight to get it.” Sara asked Daniel to get the necklace but Daniel said she had better go; it would offend Marcus if she didn’t come for it herself. Sara didn’t want to go up there she was still taken back by what had happened with Marcus earlier so she asked Daniel and Clair to at least come with her, they agreed.

As they walked up the stairs Sara started to feel a little unnerved about going for the necklace. She looked at Clair, Clair said, “It’s fine, you just get the necklace and we’ll go.” As they reached the top of the stairs Daniel showed the two men the note. They let Sara pass but told Daniel and Clair to wait outside. Sara turned around when she realized they would not be coming in with her and she asked them not to leave. Daniel pointed to the second level tables and told her they’d wait right there for her.

Sara knocked on the door. One of the men standing there said, “Go in he’s waiting for you.” She looked at them and then back at the door. Sara could feel herself filling with nervousness and unable to stop it. She opened the door and walked in. The room was lightly lit. There was a sofa and end table on the right leading back toward a bathroom. In front of her was a big office desk and to the left were windows that looked down onto the dance floor. You could see out the windows but you couldn’t see in them. As she walked forward she looked around for Marcus he shut the door behind her and said, “You dance very well.” It startled her that he was behind her she didn’t see him when she came in. Sara turned and said, “Thank you.” She looked around the room and then back at Marcus as he walked toward her.

Edited by Avivid Mind

Even now Marcus walked very sure of himself. He asked in a calm gentle voice, “What do you think of my club?” Sara turned toward the windows looking down at the club and said, “It’s very nice, though I’m not use to this type of setting. He walked behind her and stood next to her on the right. Without looking in Sara’s direction he asked, “And what are you use too?” She looked at him shocked as if she knew his question was not pertaining to the club but of sexual interest. She backed away and said, “I got your note you have my necklace.” He turned toward her and pulled it out of his jacket pocket. He stepped behind putting her necklace around her neck. Sara was a bit uneasy by his actions but she lifted up her hair thinking just get the necklace and leave.

He placed the necklace on her and gently rubbing his right hand down her neck. He stepped in close behind her and she could feel his left hand touch her waist moving over her abdomen and pull her back against him as he said, “You don’t have to be nervous I won’t hurt you.” She took a few breaths and could feel herself relax in his arms. She believed him; something in his tone was very gentle and reassuring. His lips at her ear he said softly, “Good, there’s nothing if there is not trust.” She could feel her chest rising and falling with his every word. He slowly turned her toward him keeping her close and he kissed Sara pressing her body firmly against his. He walked her slowing backward as they kissed and pressed her up against the wall. His right hand slowing moved from her waist down her leg and Marcus lifted it up around him.

Sara could feel his weight against her and she was breathing heavier, she felt warm inside, she didn’t mind his touch. He started kissing her neck his hands pulled at her shirt from the back and she stopped him. Sara firmly pushed him away and tried to catch her breath. She swallowed hard looked at him and said, “I shouldn’t be here.” She headed toward the door and found it locked as she turned the knob to leave. Sara turned toward Marcus and said, “Unlock it please.” She was trying to remain calm but she had became nervous inside thinking how stupid she was to believe he wouldn’t hurt her she didn’t know him. She shouldn’t be there in his office, she shouldn’t have danced with him nor should she have come.

Marcus walked over slowly as not to frighten her. He stopped in front of her and said, “ I’d never hurt you.” He leaned in close to her, reached behind and unlocked the door. Then he gentling put his left hand up to her face gently touching it and running his hand down her neck. She closed her eyes taking a breath to calm herself and looked at him. He backed her up against the door leaned in and said, “I’d like you to come back tomorrow night, will you return to me?” She was about to speak when he interrupted her putting his finger to her lips saying, “Don’t lie to me, tell me the truth. We must be able to trust each other.” Sara hesitated for a moment and said, “ No I won’t be here this weekend. I have a business meeting away.” Marcus leaned away as he smelt her hair in his finger tips and asked, “Is there a man?”

So many things were running through Sara’s mind. The kiss they just shared, the door being locked, how nervous Marcus was making her feel and yet how strangely gentle he was being with her. Sara answered, “ Four of us are going, there is a man but it’s not like that?” He looked at her smiled quickly and said in a calm voice, “Good, we have trust.” He backed away, turned toward the desk and said, “Come to me when you get back..” Sara didn’t know what to say or do. She just stood there. He turned around and said, “You can leave I won’t stop you.” His tone was firm she thought Marcus was upset and dared not leave. He walked toward her and in a more gentle voice he said, ”I could have had you already if that was what I wanted. Did you not notice this room is sound proof? (He walked around her) I did not force you in anyway (He stopped in front of her looking Sara in the eyes.) you acted on your own impulses. Sure of himself he replied, ”You will come back to me.” Sara spoke up. “And how do you know that? (as if testing his authority he seemed to be feeling over her right now.) Marcus looked at Sara with a more intense look, a sure look of knowing; he grabbed her up in his arms and pushes her against the door. He was firm but very gentle not to hurt her and said, “ Because you want me even now, do you deny this?” His look said it all he wanted an answer and he wanted the truth she remembered him saying not to lie. Sara replied, “I shouldn’t be here, please let me go.” Marcus backed away and opened the door for her. Sara stood there for a moment then said, “Thank you for returning my necklace to Me.” and walked out.

Sara wanted out of there so much so that she only glanced in the direction of Daniel and Clair and headed down the stairs to get away from Marcus. She was not afraid; she was just over taken by what had happened. She didn’t turn back, she didn’t stop, she headed for the doors. It was so crowded so loud two people pushed by her and she glanced toward the crowded dance floor then up at the windows you could not tell was there. Sara could feel him looking upon her even now though she could not see him. Clair and Daniel caught up with her and they left.

The car ride home brought everything to light for Sara. Clair could see she was unsettled by her visit to Marcus office and she asked Sara if she was all right. Daniel glanced back through the rear view mirror awaiting Sara’s reply. Sara looked at Clair and said, “I’m fine.” She wasn’t, you could see it on her face. Clair apologized saying, “We shouldn’t have brought you. I’m sorry, Marcus saw your picture and…” Sara interrupted her, “What, what picture?” Clair explained, “ Marcus saw your picture, the one with me and you in Daniels wallet and he wanted to meet you.”

Sara was shocked, “You knew I was going to meet him tonight and didn’t say anything?” She looked at Clair then at Daniel looking at her in the rear view mirror. Daniel spoke up, “I know Marcus is a little different but he’s a good guy.” Sara replied, “A good guy? He………. He…” She wanted to tell them how he controlled the whole situation in his office. How he dominated the situation, but as she thought about it she remembered the feeling of his lips on hers, his gentle touch as he moved his hand from her waist down her leg and lifted it up around him. She let him do all that. She came back from thought and said, “He’s not like men I date Daniel. You should have told me.”

Daniel and Clair dropped Sara off at her house. They waited for her to get inside and lock the door behind her before leaving as they always did. Inside Sara took off her heels and tossed her keys on the end table. She headed upstairs and started to change out of her clothes. A long floor length mirror shown her reflection as she undressed and she looked in the mirror as she was changing from a side view. She remembered the way Marcus danced with her, she remembered how gently yet firmly he pulled her body up against his. Looking at the reflection showing back at her for the first time in Sara’s life she thought of herself as sexy. There was no doubt in her mind that Marcus would have continued if she did not push him away. She was now seeing her body in a whole new way. She dressed reserved but not overly reserved,. She didn’t try to hide she figure but she didn’t throw it out there for everyone to see either.

When Marcus looked at Sara it was like she was the only woman in the club. How could he do that, how could he make her feel so different about her body? As she slipped into her nighty she could see him there standing closely behind her. His hands gently at her waist and moving slowing over her body, she wanted to kiss him again. She wanted him to kiss her again. No other man she had dated ever made her feel as sensual as Marcus made her feel this night.

Edited by Avivid Mind

The next morning Sara got up, showered, dressed and headed down stairs for some breakfast she was striving. She seemed to have more energy about her; she went around the house gathering her things for the business trip. The weekend went by fast. There was four of them Sara, Tim, Rebecca and Peter. Little did Sara know but there was someone else. Someone watching in the distance. Someone taking pictures of her and the last one’s they took was of her and Peter walking down the hall in the hotel, laughing and touching each other in a non-sexual way. He said goodnight at her door and reached up and touch her arm smiling as he walked away. It was only an hour after Sara arrived home that the doorbell rang. Sara had been upstairs unpacking her things. She came down and answered the door and an envelope was handed to her. She looked at it unsure of what it was and shut the door behind her as the man left.

As she opened it and pulled out the pictures Sara was shocked. She raised her hand to her mouth and then looked threw the images. Only one person made her feel tied up in knots like this, Marcus. She went from being shocked at the pictures to angry at him for having her followed and spied on. Sara grabbed her keys and the pictures up off the table and head to the club in anger. As she arrived the club was open but no one was there except a delivery vehicle and a car in the back, it had to be Marcus. As she walked in the front door she walked over to the bar and asked to see Marcus, no demanded to see him. The bartender rang up stairs and Sara said, “Never mind!” and headed up the stairs. She opened the door and saw Marcus at his desk doing some paperwork. She walked across the room with a very sureness of why she was there and tossed the images on the desk over his paperwork and said, “ What the hell is this? You had me followed? Spied on? Sara looked Marcus in the eye and he casually sat there letting her burst with anger. He was rather enjoying it. She continued, “What happen to there’s nothing if there is not trust?” The look on his face of amusement angered her even more and she leaned over the desk and pushed the papers off, they scattered across the floor. He glanced at the papers as they fell which told her, she had now gotten her point across. But Sara was not expecting what he did next.

Marcus stood up from his chair in a very demanding presence, pushed the chair away with his foot. He grabbed her hands on the desk leaned in and asked, “Who is he?” Sara looked for some sign of saneness in him but found none she thought he was crazy. She replied, “I told you a co-worker nothing more.” Marcus let go and stood up saying, “ You feel nothing for him?” Sara stood up from leaning on the desk and said, “You can’t ask me to trust your actions if you can’t trust mine.” He moved around the desk so quickly she barely knew what was happening. Marcus lifted her up sitting her on his desk and stood between her legs. He grabbed firmly onto her waist and pulled her against him and said, “Tell me what would you have me do next?”

She leaned back holding her weight up with her hands on the desk trying to gain focus of how they got to this point. He looked deep in her eyes so deeply she thought he could read her mind and that scared her. She replied, “You’re going to have too trust me.” He leaned in over her and said in a deep but soft voice, “That’s not the answer I had hoped for.” Then he let go of her stood back and said, “Trust?” Then he turned laughing.

So many thoughts were running through Sara’s head right now. Not only was she enticed by his hold on her but strangely his mind. One minute he’s seducing her that next ready to take advantage of her. He talks gently and soft, yet demanding and forceful. She felt way out of his league and felt she had no business knowing this man yet he wanted to know her he had made that quite clear. The question was did she want Marcus. Sara stood up from his desk, looked around the room and at the paper she tossed on the floor and then looked at Marcus. She came to the realization that he was bringing out a side of herself that she didn’t know, she wasn’t even sure if she like it. She said, “This isn’t going to work Marcus, this isn’t me and I don’t know you. You’re not like any man I’ve dated and I don’t know if I can deal with this right now.” Sara started to walk past Marcus, he gently took hold of her hand. They stood side by side, Marcus facing the desk Sara facing the doorway. He looked at her and said, “If you say there is no one then I believe you. I’m use to getting what I want and right now what I want is you.” She looked down at the floor then at him and said, “You don’t move at my speed and I’m going crazy trying to keep up with you.” Marcus looked glad to hear of her interest and ran his hand down her face and neck then said, “We’ll have to fix that.” he kissed her softly, gently, slowly. He didn’t pull her close he just kissed her once she stood there opening her eyes slowly. He looked at her pleased then he looked at his papers on the floor and said, “I have to get back to my work being you’re not going to let me make love to you.” He smiled and walked away.

She walked out the door shutting it behind her and leaned back against it trying to collect her thoughts on this man. Her stomach was turning unbearably and yet she very much enjoyed his kiss. Sara wondered in her mind just who this man was racing around in her head daring her to give more of herself. She stood up off the door and then minutes later started walking down the stairs. The bartender spoke to her as she was leaving, “Have a nice day now.”

A week had passed. Sara tried pouring herself in her work thinking it would not only take up all her time but thoughts as well. Marcus was growing impatient with her. You could see it in how he was treating his employees though no one dared to speak up. However behind closed doors they were telling Daniel he needed to fix this. Daniel knocked on the office door. “Come in.” He heard called out from the other side. As Daniel walked into the office he was trying to find the right words. What was he to say to Marcus? What could he say to Sara that would make her want to come back to the club? He had only one solution.

“Boss, Sara’s not like the woman you’re use to, throwing themselves at you. She’s not coming back.” Marcus looked up from his work with a look of warning on his face that Daniel should be cautious with his words. Daniel didn’t know what to do. He rubbed his hand over his face and said, “Look if you want Sara, you’re going about it the wrong way. She’s use to guys making the first move.” Marcus stood up angry and said with a raised voice, “I did that.” He threw his pen on the desk, turned in disappointment. “Boss, you tried to seduce her. Sara’s not like that. She’s not going to just jump into your bed because you tell her too.” Marcus turned toward Daniel and said, “So tell me what are these men like that she dates.” Daniel walked over and sat down on the edge of the seat and said, “They take her to dinner, they talk with her, they walk away the first night without even a kiss.”

Marcus walked over to the windows and looked down on the dance floor and said, “Well, then I’ve done more then they ever could for her. He turned and looked at Daniel and said, “She has desires, I’ve seen them. She did not mind my touch.” He spoke as if he were superior to all the other men who dated her. Daniel tried to reason with Marcus. He stood up and tried to explain, “Sara wants a relationship that’s longer than one night, two weeks, three months. She’s got this idea in her head that everyone has someone you just have to find them. Maybe you are that someone for her but you’ve got to show her she’s of importance to you, not just another woman for your bed. You know how you are Marcus. You said you wanted to meet her. What so you could sleep with her and that’s it? I saw how you looked at her picture and you never once asked me before to get a girl for you.” Daniel walked around nervously then said, “Take her to dinner, try finding out about this one, make sure it’s more than just sex that you want. I don’t want Sara to get hurt, Clair will kill me.” Marcus laughed, he looked at Daniel amused and replied, “So that’s why you’re here. I screw this up with Sara and you’re in the doghouse with Clair. Marcus took a deep breath in and slowly exhaled then replied, “I’ll take her to dinner.”

Edited by Avivid Mind

It was around seven at night when the phone rang. Sara was just getting in from an evening jog. She hurried to the phone, “Hello!” There was no answer. She could hear breathing on the other end so someone was there. “Hello!” then there was a click. Sara hung up the phone and headed up stairs for a shower. After showering she walked across her bedroom catching a glimpse of her image in the floor length mirror. She looked at it and went over to the closet and pulled out a dress. She fixed her hair, put on her makeup then grabbed her heels from the closet. She stood before the floor length mirror and looked at her reflection. Sara took a deep breath and let it out slowing. She headed down the stairs grabbed the keys from the table and headed out locking the door behind her. A few seconds passed and the phone rang again.

It rang once, twice, three times Marcus hung up in disappointment. As he placed the phone down he was irritated with the fact that he did not respond when Sara answered before when he called. Thinking how foolish he had been to loose all thought and reason when she answered He wondered if she was with someone else. Marcus walked across the room and called downstairs that he would not be making he’s entrance tonight; his mood had now changed for the worst. Just as he put the phone down Marcus caught a sight he thought he could not be seeing. Sara was there and alone. As quickly as his mood changed before it had changed again. Marcus picked up the phone and told them he’d be right there. He left the room and walked across the second level. Sara sat down at the bar and ordered a drink.

Suddenly the music changed a spotlight hit the second level of the club just to the left of center stage. Marcus walked out and everyone eyes were on him. He wore dark pants that fit his form well. He had on the same long black jacket that touched the floor and a muscle short-sleeved shirt that showed off his fit physique. Marcus took hold of a bar that hung down and jumped.

The wire ran across the floor from one end to the other. As he glided over center stage Marcus let go and fell to the floor landing perfectly center stage in a breath taking smooth motion just as he had done before. Landing with his left hand touching the floor as he knelt down on one knee. He stood slowly and looked up as the spotlight fell on him. He looked straight ahead and said in a loud deep voice, ‘Welcome to my world.“ Everyone started screaming and yelling his name, “Marcus, Marcus, Marcus.” They started yelling wildly and Sara watched him walk off the dance floor. She took a drink from her glass and thought she must be crazy to be there.

As Marcus walked off the dance floor everyone crowded around yelling and screaming his name. He walked by the tables and chairs then he approached the bar area. Sara forced herself not to turn back around. It was as though he was walking in slow motion. He looked straight ahead of himself and caught a glimpse of her at the bar but he did as he always had done. He kept to the routine he looked forward and passed the bar walking up the stairway and into his office.

He closed the door behind him and took off the long jacket. Marcus wondered if he should go down to her or wait for Sara to come to him. He paced in the office back and forth several times. He walked over to the windows and looked down. Suddenly Marcus decided to go down, something caught his attention. “How about dancing with me.” Sara heard a voice yell over the music. She turned around, it was not Marcus she said No but the guy grabbed her arm and pulled her off the stool. She grabbed hold of his hand and tried to stop him from pulling her to the dance floor she shouted, “I said no, I don’t want to dance with you.” Suddenly Marcus stood before them and from the look in his eyes he wasn’t pleased. He stood there tall and very sure of himself. He spoke in a very firm and demanding voice, “The lady said No, even I understand that word.” The guy let go and nervously tried to explain away his actions, “Hey, I just wanted to dance with her I didn’t mean anything by it.” Sara looked at Marcus seeing a whole other side to him. Marcus spoke, “Apologize to the lady.” The guy looked back at her and said, “Hey, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean anything by it.”

Then Marcus saw something he didn’t expect to see. Sara moved away from the guy and walked around behind Marcus. Marcus stood there looking at the guy knowing full well Sara would not have done that if she was comfortable with the situation, she was still uneasy with being dragged to the dance floor. Marcus replied, “I think you should leave.” He guy threw his arms up and replied, “What the fook.” Marcus moved in close and said, “You’re lucky all I did was ask you to leave my club.’ Two of the men who worked for Marcus then grabbed the guy and started leading him to the door. Sara grabbed Marcus arm from behind and asked, “They’re not going to hurt him are they? I’m not hurt.” Marcus turned putting his arm around Sara and placing his hand at her waist level leading her off the crowded dance floor and said, “ No just scare him a bit.” Sara looked at him a bit worried he could see it in her eyes and he said, “If they were going to hurt him I would have told you.”

Marcus led Sara off the dance floor and over by the bar. She reached for her drink and he stopped her saying, “Never touch a drink after you leave it. You don’t know what was put in there.” He led her up the stairs and into his office. He closed the door behind them; Sara watched to see if he was going to lock the door. He caught her watching him and he looked at the knob and then back at her and said, “You can check it if you like.” He walked over to the bar in the office two drinks were out and poured. He picked them up and Sara walked over and took one. He took a drink then set his glass back down and asked, “Are you alright?” Sara smiled and said, “Yes, thank you!” He took her glass from her hand and set it back down.

Sara walked over by the windows and said nervously, “I guess you’re wondering why I’m here.” Marcus looked in her direction and walked over slowly. He didn’t want to make her feel uneasy and said, “My guess is you’re here to be with me. If I’m wrong feel free to correct me.” Sara turned around to face him and said, “I’ve been avoiding you.” He looked at her wondering what she was doing. She continued as she walked over to the sofa and sat down, “I don’t know anything about you other than you own this club and Daniel works for you. You’re not exactly the type of guy I date.” Sara was nervous and he could tell. She continued, “I find myself attracted to you strangely enough. You make me nervous and I’m not doing this very well.” She stood unsure if she should be there.

Marcus walked over keeping in mind what Daniel had said to him. He touched her hair and raised her chin so she would look at him and he spoke in a calm manner, “You don’t have to be nervous, I don’t want you to be afraid of me.” Sara replied, “I’m not afraid I just..” He cut her off by kissing her. He didn’t grab hold of her he didn’t pull her close he just leaned in and kissed her very softly, gently. Then he said, “Would you have dinner with me tomorrow night?” She had a look of unsure ness on her face. She wasn’t expecting that at all. He seemed more relaxed not as dominating as before. He asked, “Are you all right?” Sara smiled and said, “I wasn’t expecting that.” Marcus replied, “What were you expecting?” He searched her eyes and said, “Maybe something more like this?” He looked at her putting his hands on her waist pulled her gentling close to him and kissed her. The look on her face told him that was exactly what she was expecting from him. Sara collected herself and answered, “No, I” He stopped her and said, “No lies.” She looked at him knowing full well he caught her about to lie she said, “ I don’t know what to expect from you. That might have been something I could expect.”

Marcus looked at her and said, “Good, now we’re getting somewhere. You still haven’t answered my question.” She cleared her thoughts from her mind and answered, “ Yes, dinner sounds nice.” They smiled and for the first time found a place in themselves they were in agreement on, dinner tomorrow night.

Edited by Avivid Mind

As Sara arrived home she thought all and all the night went well. She walked upstairs and changed out of her dress. She climbed into bed and wondered what tomorrow would bring. Marcus was like no other man she had interest in and she couldn’t help but be interested in him. Tonight he showed her another side of himself; the protective side and she liked it very much. However she had seen a side of Marcus that she could not just dismiss as if it were not there. He had a very dominating side, a side of himself that chilled her and yet enticed her at the same time. Slowly the thoughts of Marcus faded and she drifted of to sleep.

As she headed off to work it was very clear that it was not going to be the main thing on her mind today. As the hours passed Sara could feel herself getting more nervous by the minute. When she was with Marcus things happened that she didn’t normally do and tonight she wanted to keep things in check. Clair knocked on her office door and opened it, “ So, are you nervous about tonight?” Sara got up from her seat and pulled Clair inside shutting the door behind her. “Clair, I can’t do this. I’m going to call Marcus and call it off.” Sara rushed over to the phone and picked it up. She started to dial the number but Clair stopped her and put the phone down. ”You can’t do that, you went there last night to see him. You did that not Marcus, you opened the door and you agreed to have dinner with him, again you opened the door. You can’t just call him and call it off.”

Clair was walking around and waving her hands in the air, she was having a nervous breakdown more then Sara. “He’s so..” Sara said as she tried to think of how to put it. Clair blurted out, “Aggressive!” Sara pointed at her saying, “Yes and dominating, I do things with Marcus I would never do with say Jason or even Derrick and Derrick had a wild side. Clair looked at Sara shocked and said, “Derrick had a wild side? What did he do take his shirt off in front of you?” Clair laughed. Sara couldn’t help but laugh too.

Clair calmed Sara down and made her realize that it would be the wrong thing to do calling it off with Marcus tonight. It would not only affect her but Daniel too. So, Sara agreed to see it through. She figured if it weren’t going well, she’d be in a public place and could always leave. Or at least that was what she was telling herself.

When Sara got home she changed from her work clothes, showered and stood at the closet trying to think of what to wear. She pulled out several different dresses and decided to wear something reserved, which hung just a little above the knees. It was a form fitting dress but not one of cleavage. It had thick straps and a reserved low cut. She wore her hair up and a few curls hung down softening her face. She stood looking at the floor length mirror and was about to change again when the doorbell rang. She reached for the clock and saw the time it was Marcus. Sara took one last look and said to herself, “Looks like this is it.” She put her heels on and headed down stairs.

As she answered the door she could feel butterflies swirling around in her stomach and she took a deep breath exhaled trying to relax herself. Sara opened the door and saw Marcus standing there very calm and confident and thought to herself, that couldn’t be good. Marcus stepped inside, handed her a boutique of flowers and said,” You look beautiful” then kissed her on the cheek. Sara walked into the kitchen while she tried to make small talk, “The flowers are beautiful, thank you.” she called out. She put the flowers into a vase and set them down on the table in the living room. “You have a beautiful home“, Marcus said. He then reached out his hand to her and asked if she was ready to go. Sara grabbed her purse and they headed out.

When they reached the restaurant Marcus came around and opened the door for Sara. He gave Sara his hand to help her out of the car and then put his arm around her shutting the door. As they walked up to the restaurant Marcus had his hand on the lower part of her back leading her in. Sara noticed Marcus looking around and she asked if everything was okay. Marcus looked at her, smiled quickly and said, “Yes everything’s fine.” As they entered the restaurant their name was checked on the list and shown to their table. They ordered their drinks and made small talk while waiting for their orders. Sara asked Marcus about the club, he asked her about work. As they ate dinner Marcus was amused by Sara’s convention over the food and that she even had him try some of her salad she ordered. She was not like other woman he had been with in so many ways. He was enjoying her company, the way she would look at him, her laugh. When they were done Marcus signed for dinner and then led Sara out of the restaurant again with his arm around her leading her to the car and looking around. When Marcus got in the car Sara asked, “What’s going on, why are you so cautious when we’re out in the open? And why did two of your men follow us tonight?” Marcus looked surprised that she had noticed not only his behavior but the men as well and replied, “Not everyone is my friend. I’m just being cautious with you that’s all.” He drove her home.

Marcus walked Sara to the door. She unlocked it and they headed inside. Marcus looked back to see his men park just on the corner and closed the door. Sara turned on the light and tossed her keys on the end table. Marcus stood closely behind her bringing his lips close to her ear and said, “Did you enjoy yourself?” Sara turned her head toward him and answered, “It was very nice. I didn’t know you were such an entrepreneur.” Marcus raised his hand holding her head gently in place as he kissed her. Sara turned toward him and they continued to kiss. But then suddenly Sara pulled away. Marcus walked toward her. The look in his eyes had changed from how he had looked at her all night. Now he was looking very sure of himself and sure of what he wanted. Sara slowly stepped backwards as he walk forward speaking to her in a very seductive voice. He put his hands on her waist and said, “Where is up to you. The sofa, the floor, kitchen, bedroom, shower even here.” He had backed her against the wall.

Sara was feeling nervous, warm, and unable to think, unable to look away. He was dominating the situation once again. He lifted her up and wrapped her legs around him trying to take it slowly. He leaned in and kissed her, she did not stop him. Her heart was pounding; she was getting caught up in the moment and had no desire for him to stop. Marcus leaned in and said in a deep seductive voice, “You belong to me.” With out any thought she answered softly, “Yes.”

Sara had just experience something she had never experienced before. Marcus did not want her to regret what had just happened and he carried her up stairs to the bedroom laying her gently on the bed. It was well past two in the morning before they fell asleep in bed. Sara laid with her head on Marcus chest and arm around him. He kissed her on the head and softly said, “Sleep my love.’

As the morning light came in the windows Marcus woke and slowly moved out from underneath Sara. He stood at the windows with coffee in hand and just his pants on. His shirt laid now at the bottom of the bed. He had picked up their clothes and brought them upstairs after making the coffee. The way he looked out the window you could tell he had experience something much different himself. He realized that somehow in all this she had already captured his heart. It was a new feeling for him. He didn’t want her hurt in anyway. He didn’t want her to wake up and regret last night, he wondered and looked upon her sleeping in the bed so peacefully. He moved over to the bed and sat down running his hand over her face gently as not to wake her. Marcus looked at her with love in his eyes, a look he had never had before. A feeling he had never had before. With all the women he had been with none had made him feel this. It was new to him and it scared him. For the first time he realized why Sara’s heart was pounding so hard when he touched her Why she looked at him with caution though she enjoyed his touch, his lips. Marcus was afraid he was not good enough for her just as Sara was afraid she was in over her head with Marcus. He leaned down and kissed her gently. He stood up, grabbed his shirt and put it on.

He left a note on the nightstand and went down stairs with coffee in hand, he left.

When Sara woke to the morning she noticed the note on the nightstand from Marcus it read:

When I woke this morning

I found there was no going back

You have stolen my heart.

With love,

Marcus

Sara smiled and thought to herself {that was definitely unexpected}. She climbed out of bed, showered, dressed and headed down stairs for something to eat she was shriving. Clair stopped by Sara’s office to see how things went but needed not to ask any questions as the look on Sara’s face said it all. Marcus even went as far as sending flowers to her at work. Clair picked up the note from the flowers it read:

Beautiful flowers must always be given to a beautiful woman.

I look forward to seeing you tonight.

With love,

Marcus

Clair smiled at Sara and said, “Looks like someone had a good time last night.” Sara pulled out the card he left her this morning and said, “If you like that one you’ll love this one.” She handed the card to Clair and she read it. Clair handed Sara back the card and said, “Well you must have enjoyed yourself or you wouldn’t be caring this with you. Sara couldn’t help but smile. She had been smiling all morning and told Clair she couldn’t stop herself. She told Clair they had a really nice time. Clair of course wanted details but Sara was giving none all she would say was Marcus spent the night.

Edited by Avivid Mind

As she went through the day with a smile on her face and humming silly little tunes she watched the clock counting down the hours. They stopped after work at a local Café grabbing drinks and talking. Clair was a little uneasy with how the first night went with Sara and Marcus and told Sara so. She said she was happy things were going well. Sara replied, “I have to admit I was really nervous about dinner last night but once we got to the restaurant we started talking and he even laughed a few times. We talked about work, the club and though I think I bored him with talk of dinner taste he listened and didn’t look away like he had to be somewhere more important.” Sara couldn’t stop talking about Marcus she added, “He’s got a very gentle side, he’s protective and the incident with the pictures hasn’t come up again. Maybe he just isn’t….” Clair interrupted her, “What incident with pictures?”

Sara thought about not saying anything further but it was over, it had not happened again. She replied, “ The weekend I went away for work he had someone follow me and they took some pictures and it totally took the image out of context and Marcus was upset with it.” Clair was shocked, “What did he do?” Sara answered,” Well he showed me the pictures, actually sent me a copy and I went to the club and it was all cleared up.” Sara tried to change the subject quickly but she remembered very well what happened. How upset she got with Marcus and how he was amused by her anger. The papers being tossed to the floor and how he grabbed hold of her. It was a side of him that scared her and at the same time the way he seduced her when doing it. It set her mind swirling in thought. She quickly came back out of it and noticed the time, she had to go, she had to get ready to see Marcus.

As she was getting dressed this time she wear jeans, heels and a silk dress shirt with lace. While getting ready she questioned how she was feeling inside. Marcus had her feeling so many different things on so many levels; she felt like she was on an emotional roller coaster ride and couldn’t get off, she didn’t want to get off. When she thought about him the butterflies in her stomach was not the problem the problem was that she wondered just how he would make her heart pound tonight. All thoughts of caution she pushed away. Her common sense was tossed out the window when it came to Marcus. Just thinking about him made her feel excited and warm inside. She couldn’t wait to see him.

The nightclub was packed even more so if that were possible. The music was loud everyone was trying to talk over the music and those who had been drinking for sometime already were grabbing for another beer and bumping into others at the bar. Marcus had already made his entrance and was up stairs. Sara headed up the stairs to the office. The two men that were there before were not there now. She knocked on the door and opened it only to be shocked by what she was seeing another woman all over Marcus, he pulled her off.

The look on Sara’s face said it all; she turned and ran down the steps. Marcus raced out of the office and called out to one of his workers to get that woman out of there. They went in to remove her. Marcus knew what Sara had seen looked bad and he was determined to fix it. He just needed to explain. Sara got to her car and pulled out before he could get there. He ran out of the club just as she was pulling away. He hit his hands on the hood calling out for her to stop but she didn’t.

He stood there for a second and then ran around back for his car. He raced to meet her at home. He ran up the steps and knocked on the door, no he pounded on the door and called out her name.

Sara was upstairs crying; feeling like a fool, feeling used. Knowing full well that, that was the type of man Marcus was. To think that it would be anything else but a one nighter was so foolish of her. She sat by her bedroom window crying with tissues in hand as she heard him pounding on the door. She was not going to answer, she was not going to let him explain it away, she was not going to be seduced by him again.

As Marcus pounded on the door and called out to her he was loosing hope of fixing this. He put his head against the door and pounded lighter with his hand speaking softly, speaking so unsure of the moment, “Please Sara just open the door.” He stood there collecting himself. Marcus never had such a moment come in his life before that he had not had control of the situation. Even when he did not have control he still acted as though he did. But here right now he did not have control and he needed to pull himself back from the thought that he had lost the most important person in the world to him. How could it end like this, finding love and loosing it the very next night? If he could not explain the situation to Sara she would never take him back. He knew she was that kind of woman she would never had been with him if she thought he was only going to be one night.

Marcus stepped back away from the door. He walked down onto the sidewalk and saw that her bedroom light was on. He walked over and could see her sitting there crying. He was determined it was not going to be over he was not going to find love and have it taken from him. She would not be taken from him. He looked at the big tree that was outside her window and decided he was going to climb it. Sara stood up and walked over to the bed and tossed her shoes to the floor. She laid down with her arms wrapped around one of the pillows and continued to cry. Marcus climbed the tree, jumped over to the window and called out as he climbed in, “Sara please I can explain.” Sara sat up from the bed shocked that he had climb the tree and was now climbing in her window. It looked like he was about to fall and she rushed over but he pulled himself in, stood up and tried to fix his appearance.

He looked at her and said, “Sara I know how that looked..” He tried to collect his thoughts and said, “If we don’t have..” Then he yelled out, “What the hell am I trying to say?” Frustrated with not being able to speak. He took a moment to catch his breath. He paced back and forth then he took her hand and looked into her eyes and said, “Do you think I would have done all this if I did not love you?” He pointed toward the window and then he added, “The woman you saw me with was someone I had been with before this is true, I told her I wasn’t interested.” He slowly sat her down by the window and handed her a tissue. He continued, “ I’m in love with you Sara. She kissed me and I pushed her away and you walked in on that.” He stood up and started to pace back and forth again he continued to speak. “You’re like no one I’ve ever met before for god sakes you talk about dinner, you look at me in a way most woman don’t, at least not the ones I know. You care about what I think and say and you take an interest in the club. It can’t be over. He ran his hands threw his hair; his head hung low in disappointment feeling like he was blowing it even now. Marcus looked up and said, “With all my heart, I give it to you, I swear.”

Sara was shocked, hurt, surprised and amazed all at the same time. She stood up, rushed into his arms and kissed him. Marcus wrapped his arms around her tightly. He kissed Sara and lifted her up spinning her slowly. He placed her down and continued to kiss her. He brushes the hair away from her face. He wiped the tears from her eyes and said, softly as he did not want to break hold of her “You make me want to be a better man and when I’m with you I am.”

Sara had seen another side of Marcus that she thought she would never see. He was always so held together and sure of himself. But at this moment he was vulnerable and scared. He put it all out there every last hope and she found him irresistible. Sara looked at Marcus and said, “I’m either crazy or in love, either way you’re irresistible. I can’t help but want to be in your arms. She rubbed her hands down his shirt and said, ‘I can’t believed you climbed in the window.” Then they both laughed and kissed Marcus said, “I’d walk through fire if it meant being with you.” he smiled holding her close. They sat down on the window seat. Sara leaned back into Marcus arms. They stayed in the moment of knowing they loved each other and it had changed them both. After a while Sara stood up taking hold of Marcus hand and slowly started leading him toward the bed. You could see in Marcus eyes that he did not expect this of her. Sara pulled at his shirt and he took it off. Marcus ripped her blouse open then replied, “I’ll buy you ten more.” and laid her back on the bed gently coming down onto her.

Later that week Sara stopped by the club after working late. As she walked in Daniel came over to see her at the bar. The music was loud and the energy in the club was at a much higher level. A band was playing tonight. Finger Eleven was booked to play. To get the night started off they played “Paralyzer” Everyone was jumping, and yelling. Sara headed up the stairs to Marcus office. As she reached the top one of the men greeted her, “ Sara, glad you could join us tonight what do you think of the band?” Sara smiled and said as she pointed at a group getting over aggressive, “Looks like you’ve got your hands full tonight.” The man called down stairs to Daniel who quickly moved over to the group with two other guys. Sara continued into the office.

As she shut the door the loud music disappeared. She didn’t see Marcus at his desk and called out, “Marcus?” Suddenly she could hear the bands music playing in the office. She felt a hand gently on her waist. Sara leaned back against Marcus and said, “It’s pretty crazy down there maybe I should come back another night?” She turned toward Marcus and without any reply he took her into his arms. He began kissing her and said softly, “You’ll be coming home with me tonight.” Sara replied, “What about my car?” Marcus answered as he walked her back against the wall, ”I’ll have it brought over in the morning for you.” He made love to her right there in the office. The music was loud, their hearts were pounds and he whispered in her ear the very thing he always did, “You belong to me.” Sara answered breathlessly, “Yes”. In the early morning hours he took her again in his bed.

The next morning as Sara came down stairs Marcus was already having coffee. As she passed through the manor she could see the place in another light. It was big and decorated in a very different style than what she was use to at the club. She could see Marcus office with an adjoining library filled with books. Off the dining area was a patio leading past a pool into a garden. As Sara looked around Marcus could see she was taken with the place. The windows where big letting in so much sunlight it was as if you were standing outside.

Sara sat down and had breakfast with Marcus. It was all quite surprising to Sara; Marcus never talked about where he lived. As he stood up he leaned in kissing her on the cheek and said, “My family has a bit of money, the club is an amusing hobby of mine.“ Then he smiled and said, “Finish your breakfast I have calls to make.” As she watched him walk out of the room she looked around taking in the view. She picked up her drink and walked over to the patio doors, which were open letting in a cool morning breeze. A voice coming from behind asked, “ If you’d like I’ll take your drink and you can walk in the garden.” It wasn’t Marcus it was a member of his staff. Sara turned around and handed the man the cup saying, “I don’t have time this morning, I’m running a bit late thank you.” The man replied, ”Marcus would like for you to come back this evening he hopes that you’ll want to see more of the manor, what should I tell him?” Sara smiled and said, “Alright, Let Marcus know I’ll come back tonight.”

When Sara arrived at work a bit late Clair came in to catch her up to speed and to find out just where she had been. She tried calling the house and there had been no answer. Sara asked, “Why didn’t you tell me he lived in a manor?” Clair smiled and said, “It’s big, I love the pool. Marcus had us over for a few parties and I knew you’d love the place when you saw it.” Sara interrupted Clair before she could start in again, “Why didn’t you tell me?” Clair added as if it was no big deal and said casually, “Marcus asked me not too.” Sara replied, “Is there anything else Marcus asked you not to tell me? I mean you didn’t tell me I was going to meet him that went smashing. And now I find out he lives in a manor? Is he a drug dealer?” Clair burst out laughing and said, “No, Marcus just likes to have a certain image. He doesn’t do drugs or anything like that though he does know some people who do. He just knows how to work the money that’s all.”

Clair sat Sara down and said, “He’s crazy about you. I know he’s a bit aggressive and different than other men you’ve been with but he’s got a good heart and you’re totally taken with him. Just so you know, I want to be the maid of honor or I’ll be so pissed.” Then Clair left the room. Sara was a bit shocked by that statement. Maid of honor she thought, we haven’t even been seeing each other that long. There was so much about Marcus she didn’t know yet. Sara cleared the thoughts of it from her mind and started working.

That night after dinner Marcus showed Sara around the manor. He was intrigued by her interest in the paintings and sculptures. He saved the library for last. As they walked in Sara grabbed a hold of Marcus arm. She looked around amazed by all the books and asked, “Do you read?” Marcus laughed amused by her silly question and answered, “Yes on occasion I read.” Sara pulled him into the room and asked him to read something for her. Marcus was a bit set back by her request. He walked around the room trying to think of what he would read if he did do such a thing and Sara came up from behind wrapped her arms around his waist and asked again, “ Would you read something to me, I like hearing your voice.” Marcus was a little taken back by such a compliment. Then he stepped away taking hold of the ladder and climbed for the book of choice.

Sara walked over and sat on the sofa. Marcus opened the book and started to read.

Through hollow halls a whisper comes

Speaking of the one I’ll love

Filling my heart with such burning desires

With hottest of hell fires

Given to me such delight

Sweet whispers in my bed

How does this angel come to me from the heavens?

To one so not worthy.

I ask you to stay for but a while

Hoping far is traveled, by miles of sleep.

That she never wakes, that she never sees.

Give to me such delight

One kiss from your lips that you might

Want me.

Silence filled the room. Marcus placed the book down on the table and stood wondering what was going thru her mind. Sara couldn’t believe what she just heard. He voice was deep and gentle. As he read she couldn’t take her eyes off him. Once again showing another side to himself she had no idea existed. It was such a beautiful poem and yet so personal in thought that it made Marcus seem vulnerable even now with his heart. Sara stood up and walked over to Marcus. She looked into his eyes wondering just what he was thinking at that moment. She reached up and touched his face without speaking a word. He moved his hands over her body as if he were calming himself. He took her hand and led her upstairs.

As they walked into the bedroom Sara moved close to Marcus and slowly started to unbutton his shirt, looking at his every figure as if she were trying to memorize everything about him. Slowly he pulled her toward the bed. He sat down on the bed as she started to slowly take her top off. Marcus gentle put his hands around her waist and pulled her into his lap. Sara began kissing him then he heard her say softly, “Make love to me.” He pulled her body away shocked by her request and looked into her eyes. There was a look that he had not yet seen from her. Up until now he had seduced her and she let him. She had fallen for him but he thought it was just her being amused by his difference from the other men that had been in her life. But now there was a look of sureness in her eyes. She wanted him. He picked her up and laid her on the bed gentling coming down on top of her.

Hours had passed and as they laid in bed Marcus couldn’t sleep. Sara had drifted off some time ago. He gentling moved the hair away from her face watching her sleep. She settled into the bed looking so comfortable. He slowly moved his hand over her body. First her arm then her back she woke to his kissing her body. He pulled her back against him as he wrapped his arm around her. He gentling moved his hand across her chin and down her neck then whispered from behind in her ear, “You belong to me.” Sara smiled with her eyes still closed, still waking and answered softly, “Yes”.

The rest of the week left Sara quite busy as she was going away again this weekend. She told Marcus she would come over once she got back on Sunday. This time Clair was going as well. Though it was a business weekend Sara and Clair found time to do some shopping in New York City. By the time the weekend was over both were happy to be home. Sara dropped Clair off. It was only midday Sunday and she wanted to surprise Marcus. Sara headed home, unpacked her things, grabbed something quick to eat and showered. She pulled out one of the dresses she had bought and headed out as it started to rain. She didn’t think anything of the weather; it had been raining all weekend. As she headed down the road it started coming down even harder. Sara turned the radio off and called Clair telling her it was getting bad out that she’d stop there and wait for the storm to pass, she would be there in a matter of minutes. But Sara never reached Clair’s.

Ten minutes passed which didn’t seem to worry Clair she thought any minute Sara would be there. But then fifteen, twenty minutes passed. Clair called Daniel who had been out picking up food and he said he’d be passing that way soon; maybe she got a flat tire. After about twenty minutes longer the phone rang it was Daniel. Sara had been in an accident. He told Clair to be ready he’d pick her up and head to the hospital. It was still raining out and you could see down limbs along the roadway. Sara had swerved to miss a branch in the road and the car went over the side flipping three maybe four times. She had bruised ribs and a few cuts from the glass and a concussion but the fact that she had not woken up yet scared Clair.

Marcus reached the hospital a half hour later. He sat in Sara’s room for what seemed like forever. Daniel tried to get him to eat something but Marcus didn’t leave her side since he got there. The night had come with nurses checking in on her. Sara was stable, now all she needed was to wake up. Marcus sat in silence there was a look of unsure ness on his face. He dosed off a few times then he was awaken by a voice asking, “Where am I?” He moved in beside the bed and said, “You’re in the hospital.” He walked out into the hall and called for a nurse. The doctor came in and checked on Sara. Marcus stood out in the hall pacing impatiently wondering why it was taking so long. The doctor came out and told him she had a bit of memory loss. Marcus asked how bad it was the doctor told him she hit her head pretty hard that it looked like months.

Suddenly a feeling came over Marcus and he pushed past the doctor entering the room. He stood there looking at her and she woke from his entering and asked, “ You where here when I woke up. Where’s Clair?” Marcus explained that Clair was all right and that the nurse was calling her now for him. Sara said thank you then asked, “How do I know you?’ It was true. He’s fears were true. She had no idea who he was. Marcus moved slowly by the bed and sat down in the chair and tried to explain that they were seeing each other. The look in Sara’s eyes told him she had not a single emotion of connection to him. He told her to rest that Sara would be there soon and excused himself from the room. Sara closed her eyes and tried to sleep. She was in pain and a bit uncertain of things.

When Clair and Daniel got there they stopped and talked to Marcus first then Clair went in the room while Daniel tried to settle Marcus. Daniel tried to give him hope that it would be just a matter of time everything would come back to Sara. But Daniel could see on Marcus face that he thought Sara being in his life was to good too be true and time had caught up with him. She had been snatched from his life just as quickly as she was put there. Marcus thought it was a sick joke and the anger was growing inside him. He pushed past Daniel saying he had to leave he’d be back.

As Marcus reached the club he moved through the dark going up to his office. He poured himself a drink and tried to remain calm but the anger grew inside and was bursting to get out, he threw the drink across the office. His anger was getting the best of him. Within a matter of minutes papers were tossed all over, broken glass at his feet and his office chair thrown through the windows, which now laid on the dance floor with glass, shattered all about.

Rick one of the other workers at the club came looking for Marcus. He had received a call from Daniel explaining that Sara had been in an accident and Marcus wasn’t in his right mind. As Rick entered into the club the door had been locked. He saw the chair and glass on the dance floor, the broken window on the second level that went into the office. He slowly walked upstairs cautious as to how he would find Marcus. He was not one to get in the middle of when he was angry. As Rick opened the door to the office he found the place a mess and Marcus was crashed on the sofa. He backed out of the office and called Daniel letting him know he found Marcus and the club was trashed. After getting off the phone with Daniel Rick called the other workers to come in. Marcus was not in any state of mind to deal with the mess he made and would need Daniel to get his head on straight.

As Daniel hung up the phone with Rick he pulled Clair to the side and said he needed to get to the club, Marcus was there and he trashed the place. Clair kissed him and said to be careful. Clair casually moved back over by Sara. Sara could see something was going on and asked, “What’s wrong?” Clair said Daniel just needed to take care of something at work and left it at that. Sara’s doctor had checked on her twice. Clair was there all day with her and a few co-workers stopped in. As nighttime came Sara grew tired and was still quite sore. Clair said she’d be back tomorrow and left Sara to get some sleep.

The club didn’t open that night. An order had to be put in for the new glass window and the club had to be cleaned up. Marcus closed the place due to repairs. It was late when Daniel finally came home he crawled into bed and wrapped his arms around Clair. Clair asked how Marcus was and Daniel said, “It could have been worse.” They fell off to sleep.

The next morning Sara woke up to Marcus being there in the room. He was standing by the windows watching the cars go by. He didn’t sleep and it looked it. It was as if he knew she was awake because he started talking, “How could everything go so right and turn so wrong. How could you know me one minute and now not have a single thought of my existence.” He turned looking at her. Something in the way he was talking scared Sara, something in his eyes made her fear him. Marcus started walking around the room as he was talking; he raised his voice “This is really a sick twisted joke.” He started laughing and continued, “Of course it is, how could I think for one moment that we. You belonged to me! And in one single moment you were taken away.”

Clair had just entered the hospital and was coming up to Sara’s room as the buzzard to Sara’s room was going off and the nurse headed in. Marcus just a few feet away from Sara’s, bed saw the nurse and Clair come in. The nurse asked what was wrong and Sara looked at Marcus.

Marcus looked at Sara shocked and surprised that she had been paging the nurse to her room. He grabbed her wrist and said, “ I would never hurt you.” But he was, his grip on her wrist was painful and she replied, “You’re hurting me.” The nurse ordered Marcus to leave. He looked down at his grip on her and realized what he had done. He looked at Sara and said, “Somewhere in that mind you know me, You know me!” He said it softly at first but then in a harsh tone. He let go of her wrist and left the room. Clair followed Marcus and started yelling at him, ‘What do you think you were doing? All you’ve done was make her fear you. You grabbed her Marcus?” Marcus turned around in anger and said in a demanding voice, “I’ve grabbed a hold of her many a times.” Clair looked him in the eyes and said, “You hurt her and you scared her.”

Marcus raced through the thoughts in his head trying to understand why he just did that and realized what he had done and said, “I didn’t mean to hurt her. I was trying to… If you could tell her explain to her about us, she’d remember.” Sure fear on his face that he has lost her forever. Clair pulled him to the side and said, “It hasn’t been that long Marcus. The doctors said it could take some time, but if you keep going like this you mine as well have lost her forever. Go get some sleep, clean yourself up and straighten out your head. What you do next could cost you everything.

Marcus put his hands on his head trying to figure out why he did what he did so foolishly. He headed out of the hospital. Clair went back into the room she assured the nurse that Marcus was going through a tough time it wouldn’t happen again. Clair saw the look on Sara’s face and knew it was going to take a lot for her to believe she was in love with this man. How do you explain a man like Marcus? She started to explain that Marcus was just upset by her memory loss and that they had just gotten to a point in their relationship that was serious they were in love. She explained that it was fear running through Marcus right now, he had never been in love before and he was afraid of loosing her. Then Clair remembered the notes he gave to Sara. Clair told Sara she’d be back and she headed to Sara’s house. Clair looked everywhere she couldn’t find the notes. An hour had passed and she was about to head down stairs to leave when she saw something hanging from the floor length mirror. It was a small silk bag, inside the notes.

When Clair arrived back at the hospital Sara’s doctor was looking her over. Once he left Clair sat down and started talking to Sara about Marcus. Sara was sure that the more she heard about Marcus the more she realized she didn’t belong with him. Then Clair gave her the notes. Sara read them both:

When I woke this morning

I found there was no going back

You have stolen my heart.

With love,

Marcus

Beautiful flowers must always be given to a beautiful woman.

I look forward to seeing you tonight.

With love,

Marcus

Clair looked at Sara hoping some type of memory would surface but nothing. Sara looked at Clair and said, “Nothing, I don’t remember anything.” She then asked when Marcus gave her the notes thinking maybe knowing that something might trigger a memory. Clair told her it was after the first time they spent the night together. Sara looked at the notes and then back at Clair. Clair tried to ease the tension by saying, “Maybe you’re trying to hard to remember just hold on to them, maybe something will come to you.” Clair headed off to work and told Sara she’d be by later.

Marcus stopped in with flowers. Sara was a little uneasy about accepting them but she took them. Marcus asked how she was feeling and Sara replied, “I’m just a little tired.” Marcus realized she had not remembered for if she did she would not have lied. He leaned in and kissed her on the forehead and said softly, “Then I’ll let you get some sleep.” Sara watched as he walked away. Something inside her made her feel bad about what she did. She thought to herself that she should have just told him she was feeling uneasy with him. As Marcus left he talked to the doctor he said if everything was all right she would be going home tomorrow. Marcus thanked the doctor for the news and headed to the club.

As Sara laid there holding the flowers she saw a note stuck inside. She opened it and read:

If not meeting you would have changed the fate of your accident

I would but change the hands of time

For it is a cruelty to have fallen in love with you

Not be a memory.

No longer mine.

Sara’s heart felt like it had skipped a beat. She could feel herself fill with sadness and confusion.

How was it possible she could not remember him? She knew he blamed himself for what happened to her but Clair had even said that she was in a rush to see Marcus, she wanted to surprise him. Sara buzzed the nurses’ station. One of the nurses came in and she asked if Marcus was still there but they said he had gone. She said thank you and asked the nurse if she could put the flowers in a vase for her. Sara looked at the other notes but nothing came to mind.

That night Sara talked to Clair and asked her to come for her tomorrow she’d be sent home. Clair agreed but then had a thought of having Marcus take Sara home. Clair called the next morning and told Sara that Marcus was coming but she would stop by the house right after work. Sara was nervous about the whole idea but Clair convinced her to let Marcus do it.

The next morning Marcus brought a change of clothes for Sara. He hung them on the bathroom door then helped her get out of bed, as her ribs were still sore. Sara went into the bathroom and Marcus waited in the room for her. She came out looked at him and said, “I can’t get dressed.” Marcus stood up and saw her innocence staring him in the face. He walked over and took the clothes from the door. He asked Sara if she would like his help. She looked at him feeling a bit foolish and said, “Yes please.” Marcus walked over with the skirt first. Sara slowly dropped the hospital gown feeling uneasy and Marcus bent down on one knee as she placed her right hand on his shoulder to balance her as she stepped into the skirt. He slowly moved the skirt up her legs and around her waist and hooked the clasp. He stood up and walked over grabbing her shirt. Sara put one arm in then the other. Marcus started to button the buttons but Sara stopped him saying, “I can do that (then quickly she said) thank you.” He said all right and sat back down in the seat.

Marcus pulled the car around for Sara and helped her in the car. Sara was surprised at how careful he was being and how every time she said it hurt he would stop and take it slower. Once they reached the house Marcus helped Sara out of the car. He held her hand with his right hand and had his left hand on the lower part of her back. He helped her up the stairs and unlocked the door helping her inside. Sara put the keys on the end table by the door as Marcus grabbed her bag from the car.

After getting Sara settled on the sofa Marcus got her something to drink and eat. However the ride home exhausted Sara and she fell asleep. Marcus stayed there with her until Clair came then he thought it was best to leave. Sara slept for quite sometime. She could hear Clair’s voice, she was talking on the phone to Daniel. When Clair came back in the room she asked Sara how it went today. Sara answered, “He had to help me dress I couldn’t put my clothes on. It was so humiliating.” Clair smiled and said, “ I’m sure Marcus didn’t mind.”

A few days past, Sara was getting frustrated that she still had not remembered anything and Marcus was at the end of his rope. He threw the bills down on his desk and said, “It’s been days she should have remembered something by now.” Daniel tried to tell Marcus to be patient but he knew Marcus had lost his patients days ago. Marcus stormed out of the office. Daniel opened the door and asked, “Where are you going?” Marcus answered, “I’m done waiting.” Daniel knew that didn’t sound good. He tried to get Clair on the phone but there was no answered. By the time he reached Clair Marcus had already been to Sara’s and was on his way to the Manor with her.

Sara was uneasy about going with him, she could see Marcus was upset and told him it should wait until he settled down but he insisted that to much time was passing. Sara was still a bit sore but she was getting around easier now. They walked into the manor and Marcus said, “Get use to it you’ll be staying here a few days.” Sara looked at him and said, “What? I thought you wanted me to just look around?” Marcus replied, “You’re never going to remember if you’re not with me.” Sara demanded that Marcus take her back home. Marcus replied, “ In two days time if nothing comes of this I’ll take you home. I’ll show you to your room.” He started walking toward the stairs.

Sara stood firm and shouted, “This is kidnapping have you gone mad?” Marcus turned back around; he looked Sara in the eyes and said in a firm demanding voice, “Had the accident not happened this is where you would be, here with me. He tried to calm himself and lowered his voice, “Two days that’s all I ask.” Sara looked around and asked, “Can I use the phone?” Marcus replied, “Be my guest as long as it is to tell Clair to visit you here. If you’re going to ask her to take you home then that would be a mistake.” Sara looked at Marcus and he handed her a phone. Clair answered and she asked where Sara was. Sara told her she was at the manor with Marcus he insisted she stay there for a few days. Clair could tell that Sara was nervous. She told her to settle in tonight and she would be over in the morning to see her. She tried to remind Sara that Marcus wouldn’t hurt her he was just upset and the best thing she could do was calm him down so he would see he has gone a bit to far.

Sara hung up and took a deep breath. She turned back around toward Marcus and handed him the phone then she looked around and asked, “Can I walk around freely or am I a prisoner?” Marcus took the phone and said, “You may go anywhere you wish as long as you stay here.” Marcus led her up the stairs to her room he explained where everything was and told Sara if she needed anything just ask. Marcus headed down stairs to his office. Sara went in the bedroom, which was next to Marcus room and sat on the bed. She sat there trying to collect her thoughts thinking how extreme he was. One minute gentle and care the next insane. Feeling of confusion racing around inside her. What had she gotten herself into? Her head was spinning. Marcus was unsettling to her. She sat there collecting herself for sometime. She laid back on the bed with a pillow in her arms and just tried to let the silence greet her.

Marcus stood in his office trying to collect himself wondering if what he had done was such a great idea. He thought if he got her there with him at least he’d have a better chance of her remembering. Some time had past and he noticed Sara was walking around the manor though the look on her face said it all she was remembering nothing. At dinner Marcus remembered Sara enjoyed talking about the food. He tried starting the conversation but Sara wasn’t willing to comply this frustrated Marcus even more. As dinner was finishing he told her to change they were going out. When she asked where he said the club, where they met. Sara tried to tell him she wasn’t up to another outing but he insisted. She stood up and headed up stairs the look on Marcus face said he would not take no for an answer.

As they entered into the club the music was loud and the crowd even louder. The club was open again and busy as usual. Marcus walked next to Sara making sure she didn’t get bumped into. The bartender said hello to Sara and she looked at him twice as if it had been something she had heard before but just couldn’t place the feeling. As they headed up the stairs two huge men greeted them at the top of the stairs. They spoke to Marcus for a moment and then told Sara they were glad that she was doing well. She said thank you though she didn’t remember them either. Marcus opened the door to the office and walked in. He decided to let Sara go this at her own pace. He walked over to his desk and sat down looking at the paperwork waiting for him.

Sara welcomed the silence as the door shut. She slowly walked over to the windows and looked down at the dance floor. She then walked over to the sofa walking around it but not a single thought came to mind. She looked over at the desk where Marcus was and started to walk toward him. She felt tired not only from the ride there, which was a bit sore for her but tired of trying to remember. She looked at Marcus and said, “I’m sorry I don’t remember this place.” Marcus sat at the desk still going over the paperwork. Sara asked, “Can we leave? I’m tired Marcus.” Marcus looked up at her and replied, “Are you tired or are you just willing to except this?” Sara walked over to the desk frustrated with trying to keep up with Marcus moods. She leaned on the desk and said, “Do you think this has been easy for me? You blame yourself, I get that. But, this wasn’t your fault, it wasn’t anyone’s fault, it was an accident. Please Marcus I just want to go.”

Marcus kept working on his paperwork; he didn’t even look up at her. This made Sara angry, “Marcus”, she said. He didn’t look up. Sara pushed the papers off the desk. Which was the very response he was looking for. He wanted her to do something she did before. Her heart started pounding in anger and she said, “ I’m tired Marcus, if it’s this hard to remember then maybe it isn’t meant to be remembered.” Marcus looked up amused by her madness and at the same time angered by her words. He laughed, then stood up looking her in the eyes and said in a deep voice, “We’ve done this dance before.” He moved around the desk and gently lifted her up sitting her on the desk. He stood between her legs and put his hands on her waist.

He didn’t want to hurt her; the point was to have her do something she had done before, something they had done before in hopes that something would come to her. Sara’s heart was pounding. She was angry but not afraid this time yet no memories came flooding out, not a single one. Marcus stood there hoping something would come. Sara calmly said, “What ever it was you were trying to do, it’s not working. Could we please leave?” Marcus looked at his hands on her waist, disappointment on his face. He looked at her wanting to kiss her. He searched her eyes hoping to see something in them that he had not seen since the accident but there was nothing. He moved back slowly and helped her off the desk then said, “It’s late, I‘d better get you to bed.”

As they walked down the stairs Sara saw Marcus disappointment. He put so much hope in this. Why did he think that this place would bring about memories? During the ride home everything was silent. Sara had fallen to sleep. Marcus glanced over at her, she looked so peaceful and yet something was happening, she was starting to dream. Was it the trip to the club? The motion of the car? Something was clouded in fog in her mind and she was startled by it. Marcus reached over grabbing her hand and said, “It’s alright, you’re safe.” Sara looked over at him with this blank look on her face. Marcus asked her what it was she said she didn’t know. She raced through her mind trying to remember the dream and minutes later she said out of the silence, “I thought I saw you.”

Marcus looked over at her and asked what she meant Sara told him, “In my dream I can’t explain it I thought I saw you stand up and look at me.” Marcus wasn’t sure if he should give hope or just take it on being a long night for Sara and her mind needed rest. When they reached the manor Sara said goodnight and headed up stairs. She closed the bedroom door behind her and moved over toward the bed for her nighty. As she came out of the bathroom with her brush in hand she was brushing through her hair, which flowed so smoothly. Sara had forgotten to close the door which led into Marcus room. He stood there in the mist of taking off his shirt as she caught his eye. As Sara finished she noticed Marcus watching her. She looked his way and he finished taking off his shirt.

Something in that moment felt so familiar to Sara. She walked over said goodnight and closed the door. She leaned back against it; her heart was pounding she felt like she couldn’t catch her breath. Something in her wanted her to open the door that led to him yet no memories were coming to mind. Was this how she felt about him before? She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Marcus had walked over to the door and said, “Goodnight.” Without thinking Sara turned her head and said, “Goodnight.” Marcus looked up know that she was still there at the door something was happening. He asked, “Are you alright? A glimmer of hope rose inside him. Sara replied, “Yes, I just got a little light headed that all.” She was light headed but not because of any condition, it was Marcus himself. Marcus put his head and hands on the door leaning on it with a hint of a smile on his face and whispered, “Even now you want me. It’s only a matter of time.”

Had she heard him speak those words it might have triggered something more in her. But Sara had already moved away from the door and climbed into bed. Marcus stood there at the doorway for a moment longer, holding on to this new hope. Then he walked over to his bed and laid down with his arms stretched up behind his head deep in thought that it was the right thing to do, bring her there.

It was the earlier morning hours when Marcus hurt Sara yell and fall out of bed. He jumped out of bed and raced into her room. She had some how gotten tangled into her sheets and fallen out of bed. But something else was happening something he did not expect. When Sara saw him rush in and kneel down beside her he asked if she was all right and she grabbed a hold of him. She pulled herself close to his body saying over and over again, “I couldn’t stop it, I kept turning and turning and…” For the first time Marcus came to the realization that she had not only forgotten him but the accident itself. He was so consumed by the fact that she had forgotten him he did not realize that she had still not remembered the accident. The very moment that separated them in her mind. She was remembering the accident for the first time. He gently wrapped his arms around her, comforting her.

He lifted her up off the floor and sat her back into her bed. He tried to assure her that she was safe that it was over and everything was all right. Sara kept hold of Marcus and asked him not to leave. He said he’d stay until she fell asleep. Sara replied, “No, I don’t want you to go please stay here tonight.” She looked at him pleading to keep her safe and he put his arms around her, laid her back in the bed and said, “Of course I’ll stay. It had taken sometime for Sara to fall back to sleep. Marcus ran his hand gently through her hair he kissed her head softly saying, “Sleep my love.”

As morning came Sara had already gotten out of bed. She looked at Marcus lying there and gently ran her hand down his chest. She then went in to take a shower. As she dressed and headed down stairs for breakfast she walked by the office with a feeling of doing that before. She then started to walk past the library but something inside her, in the pit of her stomach made her want to go inside. She walked around the room looking at all the books but then took hold of the ladder; she slowly moved it from shelf to shelf then stopped. She climbed up the ladder and grabbed a book. It wasn’t as though she was remembering it but something inside her told her to get that book, the very book Marcus read to her. As she came down the ladder she heard a voice from behind say, “Now don’t go falling off there and breaking your neck.” It was Clair, a smile came across Sara’s face she was happy to see Clair. Sara mind drifted and she set the book down on the table and told Clair to join her for breakfast. Sara took hold of Clair’s arm and headed to the dinning room.

As they were eating and talking Sara told Clair that she remembered the accident last night. Clair thought that was great news she asked if Marcus knew and Sara replied yes he stayed with her last night. Clair looked at Sara shocked then Sara explained that it was very upsetting for her and Marcus stayed with her so she could sleep. Clair hesitated then asked if she remembered anything else. Sara said no, not yet. They had talked over breakfast for quite some time and Sara told Clair that she decided to stay a little longer to see if anything else would be remembered. Clair told her if she needed anything to call, she said she’d stop by after work. Just then Marcus walked in and said hello to Clair. Clair patted him on the chest and mouthed, “Be nice” Marcus smiled amused by Clair and said goodbye.

Sara had decided it was such a nice day out that she wanted to sit by the pool, tan maybe get wet. Marcus cautioned her about her ribs, she looked at him amused by wanting to protect her and she said, “I no, that’s why you’re going to stay here and work. So if I get into trouble you can jump in and save me.” Marcus was amused by her comment smiled and said, “Looks like you’re feeling better this morning.” Sara excused herself and went upstairs to find a swimsuit. Later on that day as Sara was lounging at the pool Marcus had gone into his office to get some paperwork. As he started to walk past the library he noticed a book on the table that was very familiar to him. It was the book he read from all the time and the one he had read from to Sara. He picked it up. One of the staff members walked in and asked if he wished to have them put it back. He asked them how it got there they said they believed Sara had gotten it down when her visitor came. Marcus said thank you that he would take it with him and excused himself from the room.

He wondered if Sara remembered and didn’t say anything. He wondered had she read it just out of coincidence. As he came out by the pool Marcus asked, “Sara did you read this?” She looked up at him then at the book and replied, “No, I got it down but Clair came. I’m sorry I should have..” Marcus interrupted her, he asked,” Was there a particular reason you wanted this book?’ Sara looked at him and realized there was something he wasn’t telling her. She sat up and answered, “No I just saw it and felt I had to look at it, why? She stood up and took the book from Marcus and asked, “Should I be remembering something?” Marcus looked at her and said, “No” he lied. He didn’t want to give himself false hope he wanted her to remember on her own. There had to have been a reason she grabbed the book.

As the day went on Sara placed the book back on the shelf. Marcus walked into the room and asked her if she liked it. Sara replied, “Yes but she had hoped there was a reason she had gotten that book.” She seemed disappointed so Marcus told her she had once asked him to read to her and he read something from that book. Sara replied, “And I didn’t remember.” Marcus knew she was getting frustrated with not knowing and he tried to assure her that it was just the beginning last night she remembered the accident the rest would come. Sara was angry and frustrated with herself. She walked over to Marcus and said,” Isn’t this the where you’re suppose to get angry and do something destructive and insane?” Marcus looked at her and said, “What would you have me do?” Sara replied, “I don’t know.” Then she hesitated and said, “ Why can’t I remember?” Marcus turned and took hold of her. He pressed her body up against his and he slowly leaned in and kissed her. Without any thought Sara put her arms around him. Marcus walked slowly over with her in his arms and shut the library door. He picked her up wrapping her legs around him and was giving in to his desires. Sara’s heart started racing and she was trying to catch her breath. She pushed him. She apologized to Marcus saying it was her fault and she left the library and went up stairs. She decided she needed a nice cold shower and changed.

After a while she came back down stairs and saw Marcus in the office. Sara on the other hand had gotten the keys and headed out without being noticed. She drove to the club. As she walked in the bartender greeted her. She asked if she could look around. He said it wasn’t a problem. As she walked around down stairs all she saw was an empty dance floor, empty tables and chairs and a bar with only a bartender. She was convinced there was a specific reason why Marcus brought her there the other night and she was going to find out why. She walked up stairs and went into the office. The bartender called Marcus and told him Sara was there. Marcus was on his way.

As Sara walked into the office she slowly began to look around. The windows to the left that looked down on the dance floor she could see herself standing there before what did she miss? Suddenly she could see herself looking down on a crowded dance floor. She turned and looked back at the sofa and table she walked around it feeling nervous inside. Feeling like her memories were right there waiting to be remembered. She walked over by the desk. She remembered Marcus saying the other night, “We’ve done this dance before.” What did he mean by that? Sara was searching her mind for answers but nothing came. She started to walk back across the office to the door when Marcus walked in.

He knew what she was looking for and the look on her face told him little had been found. Marcus closed the door behind him. And Sara asked, “How did we meet?” He started to walk toward her and began to explain, “We met here at the club.” Sara replied, “No that’s not what I mean. You’re not the type of guy I date. You had to have done something…” Marcus looked at her knowing exactly what she meant. As he neared her he started saying things like “we have nothing if we don’t have trust“, he put his finger to her lips softly and said, “don’t lie to me tell me the truth“. He then slowly took hold of her at the waist and started walking her backwards. Flashes of these things started coming to light for Sara. Her heart was pounding. It was as if she was doing two things at the same time, acting on Marcus approach and seeing flashes of memories the way he spoke to her, seduced her, and was gentle with her.

Sara felt her back against the door and Marcus moved in close just as he had that first night. Her heart started pounding faster. Marcus brushed the hair back from her face slowly moving his hand down her arm her waist. He gently lifted her leg up around him. He pressed his body against hers. She remembered him doing that. She remembered the necklace. Sara said, “You had my necklace.” Marcus said in a very calm voice looking sure of himself ones again, “Good, now we’re getting somewhere.” It surprised him that Sara said it at the same time. It was all coming back to her. She asked, “And the book?”

Marcus whispered the words to her:

Through hollow halls a whisper comes

Speaking of the one I’ll love

Filling my heart with such burning desires

With hottest of hell fires

Given to me such delight

Sweet whispers in my bed

How does this angel come to me from the heavens?

To one so not worthy.

I ask you to stay for but a while

Hoping far is traveled, by miles of sleep.

That she never wakes, that she never sees.

Give to me such delight

One kiss from your lips that you might

Want me.

Sara looked at Marcus as if everything had come back into focus and said softly, “There you are”. Then she smiled and kissed him. Marcus held on to her tightly and said in a whisper, “I thought I’d lost you.” Sara looked him in the eyes and said, “No chance of that, you were definitely unexpected.” Marcus smiled amused by her comment and laughed.

THE END