Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Perrin

7/24 - Comic-Con 2008: Guy Ritchie, Joel Silver & Dark Castle Panel

I agree. He looks so refreshed and rested. I'm glad he took some time, he really needed it with working on one movie after the other and then getting hounded by the paps constantly.

He seems to be in good spirits and looking lovely. I love when he shows the gray in his hair, it's so natural.

Ok so I am back from comic con and let me just say Gerry was HOT HOT HOT!!! I got picks and video so question is can i post them on here don't want to break any rules!?

Thanks Perrin...and HI!!! lol

I think it was so cool that Gerry threw the chocolate to his ladies...lol

hugs,

Sue

Yeah i got pinged by one of them cuz I wasn't paying attention while filming....LMAO

Hi Cloey!

You are more than welcome to post your pics & vid. Also, if you want to have them posted in the Gallery and Multimedia, feel free to send them my way - stef@gerardbutlergals.com

Thanks! :D

Stef

LMAO!!! Halle Berry! :lmao: So typical of his sense of humor ... and so QUICK!

I will not be liked for this remark, but the comment about Halle Berry was out of line. I don't think she would be amused to be spoken of in this way. Hopefully, she will never hear it. I remember her reaction to being grabbed and kissed at the Oscars by an actor she did not know that well. She was not happy.

Just because you and a very select few think it was out of line doesn't make it so. But you like everyone else is entitled to your own opinion.

I was sitting right across from you.. HeHe.. I heard you get pinged. I will try to get the pics and vids up tonight gotta get them on my photo bucket for the codes. My first time seeing Gerry in person and he was just awesome and funny. I hope to get to know you all I work a lot but I will get on and chat when I can.

Perrin - :thankyou: so much for your speedy work on the transcript. And for everyone else that contributed as well. :bow::yourock:

Glad that you all that went had fun. Sounds like it was a hoot. :kisswink:

Can't wait to hear more about it!

he is so fast with his tongue!!!!! What? I mean his wit!!!

Halle Berry... hahahahahaha!

I LOVE HIM!

Swannie

Are you in the gutter Swannie? It's OK...I'm right there with you!!! Nice Freudian slip! :cunning:

Just wanna ask those who were there. Some folks (elsewhere) are saying that he was obnoxious... I think he was just being typical Gerry. What are your thoughts?

Swannie

Just wanna ask those who were there. Some folks (elsewhere) are saying that he was obnoxious... I think he was just being typical Gerry. What are your thoughts?

Swannie

He was being silly and fun! I absolutly loved every moment he was on that stage. He was playing off the crowd a lot and if he said anything someone found offensive you can't blame him we were kinda pushing him on.

Swannie

How about we take this to a different thread. That way we can keep the fun rolling in here.

:thankyou:

Thanks Perrin...and HI!!! lol

I think it was so cool that Gerry threw the chocolate to his ladies...lol

hugs,

Sue

Yeah i got pinged by one of them cuz I wasn't paying attention while filming....LMAO

You lucky, lucky GAL!!!! :kisswink:

Chelle has posted her vid from the event in Hot New Gerry Pics/Vids. HE IS SOOOOOOOOOO DREAMY!!! :whome2::cunning:

Another great account:

http://blog.zap2it.com/scifi/2008/07/gerard-butler-r.html

Gerard Butler rocks Comic-Con with 'RocknRolla'

By Daniel Fienberg

July 24, 10:42 PM

Gerardbutler_psiloveyou_240Long-outmoded conventional wisdom used to say that Comic-Con offered few objects for female affections. As if! On Thursday (July 24), attendees could turn their attentions to Edward or Jacob (of Twilight), to Keanu or Hugh (of 20th Century Fox) and to a double-dose of Chris "Ludacris" Bridges. But if you've been to a convention in recent years, you know that few Lotharios have Gerard Butler's sway with this kind of audience.

Almost single-handedly, the 300 star was able to lure a large crowd into Hall H to see early footage of his Guy Ritchie crime drama RocknRolla. After near-silent Dark Castle panels for direct-to-DVD movies and a new comic book line (and, if I'm being fair, a reasonably spirited chat with Ninja Assassin star Rain), Butler and the RocknRolla team were pelted with a long line of questions, questions that were almost all directed at the former Phantom of the Opera.

Butler initially rewarded each questioner with a rakish smile and a semi-answer, like the most charming and ribald talk show guest you could ever hope for.

Was RocknRolla as physically challenging as 300?

"No, this wasn't as physically challenging as 300. Obviously not. But there was some physically challenging stuff in it."

How does he prepare to act?

"Get out of bed. Jump in the shower. Sometimes. And then go to work. I got to say I feel silly talking about it. When I hear other people do it, I go, 'Oh, shut up.'"

What was the oddest moment on the set?

"Nothing other than getting a shot of B-12 in my arse from [Ritchie's] wife Madonna."

What does he hope to do next?

"Halle Berry. Is that too much?... I don't really understand the word genre enough to know what's left. Thriller, maybe? It's the next thing that interests me."

As time passed, Butler tossed first one chocolate into the crowd and eventually several, prompting a mini-riot each time.

"It's starting to be a bit like Seaworld, here," he cracked. "By the way, I worked at Seaworld when I was 17."

Sensing his hold on the room, Butler did his part to stir up the requisite enthusiasm for his new movie.

"Did you like the trailer? Did you like the trailer? Well make some f***ing noise."

The trailer may not have delivered a roar when it first played, but at Butler's urging, the noise was retroactive.

And the other actors on the panel began to sense who was in charge.

"I play Mumbles and *Gerry Butler* plays my sidekick," said Idris Elba, describing his character and hitching his wagon to the Butler Bus. "So I'm associated with Gerry for the rest of my life."

Butler created an atmosphere of sufficient mirth that everybody was getting involved.

For example, after a question to Ritchie began by mentioning the harsh critical reaction for his recent films, the director interjected with "That's not true! They loved them."

And when the questioner continued by inquiring if that reception made Ritchie feel like he needed to return to his Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels comfort zone, Ritchie's answer was brief and enthusiastic.

"Yup!"

So will RocknRolla be any good? Let's hear Butler's answer:

"damn yeah. It's so good. It's better than sex. Not with me."

Would I like to be Gerard Butler? Yes. Yes, I probably would. At least for a long weekend.

Edited by Swansong

:drool1: That's the Gerry we know and love, he is an extremely funny loquacious man, who wears his heart on his sleeve.

What you see is what you get from Gerry, if he were to swear in front of me....which I don't think he would if we were ever to meet....... (he'd come face to face with a little old granny from the UK who looks conservative with a large C, more than likely weilding a large umbrella, muttering 'Language Timothy!') he'd not risk it. But I love the man and like his Mum I would forgive him any discretion in return for that infamous smile and that twinkle in his eye!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep the news rolling in Galfriends,

thank you all,

hugs,

Anna X

PS ref 'Language Timothy' old UKTV sitcom about a dominant mother and her downtrodden son, it was called 'Sorry'.

Swannie

But don't they always? No matter what? This type of discussion always starts after every sighting and every interview/appearance. It's all down to being able to accept the man as he is.

Thank you for bringing the different accounts to notice.

Based on what I saw in Chelle's video clips, Gerry actually did talk about the movie a lot more than he is quoted in these articles. he wasn't wise cracking the entire time. I hope we get some morel video footage soon so we get the whole picture.

Swannie

Thanks for posting this - he is just such a Sweetheart isn't he? I like the fact that he is normal especially when most would have a big ego with so much attention. That trip home seemed to have done him a world of good and the 'randy' Gerry was in rare form. Gosh, I wish he would do a talk show soon (Craig would be nice), because I so enjoy Randy Gerry! :) Thanks again for going to so much trouble getting this posted.

A Blog: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/07/comic-con-rockn.html

Comic-Con: 'RocknRolla' panel explores why Madonna made Gerard Butler drop trou

Jul 25, 2008, 02:17 AM | by Vanessa Juarez

Categories: Comic-Con 2008

Rocknrollabutler_l At Thursday's presentation for Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla and Joel SIlver's Dark Castle Films, young girls, moms, and even a woman wearing a blue dress and a tiara over her blue hair went bonkers over Gerard Butler (pictured), who plays a low-life scam artist in RocknRolla. One young lady asked the 300 star for the craziest moment on the set; Butler responded with a story about how Madonna found out the actor was sick and ordered him to drop trou for a shot of B-12 in the bum. "It didn't work at all," Butler said, "because I got more sick." Butler was the life of the panel, simultaneously happy and a bit embarrassed when fans called for him to take off his shirt or dubbed him "the world's sexiest man." He flirted back by tossing Hershey's Kisses into the crowd.

Also on hand for the panel and official trailer viewing (which, for the record, beats any bootleg footage found online; they just finished it this week) were Ritchie, Jeremy Piven, Idris Elba, Ludacris, and producer Joel Silver. Ritchie described the film as "spillover from Lock, Stock and Snatch, and we wanted to give it a contemporary feel, so it was born out of enthusiasm. was trying to reflect the changing cultural environment in the U.K. It's a look into the underbelly of a subculture." Later, a fan asked Ritchie, "The critics didn't seem too kind to the past couple of films, I was just curious if there was pressure to go back to films that were as successful as your first two?" With a sense of humor, Ritchie interrupted the first half of the question with, "Hey, that's not true, they liked them," and the second half with, "Yup."

Piven, who, you'll recall, went to Comic-Con as Ari Gold in Entourage, was also a crowd pleaser. "This is the first time I've been here and I'm completely overwhelmed by everyone's dedication and focus," he said. "I'm in honor of all of you and I celebrate each and every one of you. I have no more chocolate left, but I will be taking my shirt off."

A few other Dark Castle projects were also presented by Silver. FIrst was a home video title due sometime next year, The Hills Have Run Red, a movie about making a movie about the most graphic slasher movie of all time (follow that?) — except the fictional filmmakers become a part of it. Next was a comic-book project that could be adapted for film at some point, called The Ferryman by Marc Andreyko and Jonathan Wayshak, about what happens when you sell your soul to the devil. Then there was Whiteout, a thriller starring Kate Beckinsale due next year about a U.S. Marshall who has to solve Antarctica's first murder. Also on tap: Orphan, a horror flick starring Peter Sarsgaard and Vera Farmiga; The Factory, starring John Cusack, about a serial killer who has abducted his daughter (due in 2010); and, finally, Ninja Assassin, a classic ninja tale directed by James McTeigue (V for Vendetta) and starring Rain, the Korean King of Pop, who, judging by the cries and screams of the girls in the auditorium, may well be the Asian version of Justin Timberlake.

I'm playing catch-up this morning and throw in a HUGE :ty: to all of you for reporting in the Comic Con highlights and posting all the breaking news/articles of what sounds like a real riot!!

Man, just look at that smile! Posted Image

...and tan.....

*sigh*

So....did they not have a meet-n-greet session? Unless I missed it....I haven't read anything about one!