Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Perrin

7/24 - Comic-Con 2008: Guy Ritchie, Joel Silver & Dark Castle Panel

Who attended from our forum??

I think he was just being himself. Are these not the kind of remarks that he always makes. This is what I find endearing about him. I love his dirty little mind and his obnoxious self. LOL. Reminds me a little of moi!

I love what I have read so far!!! Gerry being his self!!! Isn't that what we all love!!! Disappointed that G4 didn't mention rocknrolla, but I did enjoy the first day of coverage, got to see Hugh, Keanu, and Zack Snyder talking about Watchmen.

Cannot wait to hear from Lisa!!! When I get home I will be able to check out the video!!!

Great job Perrin with getting the article up so quick!

Thanks for posting all the latest about Gerry from ComicCon. I see he was up to his usual tricks and I'll bet the ladies there just ate it up!

:yay::wuv:

I love Gerry's humor and so wish that I was there in person to hear it live. But I'll just wait for more info and live vicariously through the lucky few who were able to be there. *sigh* He's so cool and so damn funny!

Humor is a poweful thing. Some people have it and some people don't; some people get it and some people won't. Don't sweat small things.

Cassie

I love what I have read so far!!! Gerry being his self!!! Isn't that what we all love!!! Disappointed that G4 didn't mention rocknrolla, but I did enjoy the first day of coverage, got to see Hugh, Keanu, and Zack Snyder talking about Watchmen.

Me too! But I am glad I got to see Ray Stevenson :drool1:

I love Gerry's humor and so wish that I was there in person to hear it live. But I'll just wait for more info and live vicariously through the lucky few who were able to be there. *sigh* He's so cool and so damn funny!

Humor is a poweful thing. Some people have it and some people don't; some people get it and some people won't. Don't sweat small things.

Cassie

Posted Image

He's got a quick mind and a wiseass sense of humor..can I adore him any more than I do, I don't think so. I'm at the level of adoration that only like dogs can hear. ;)

Thanks for putting this up, and thanks to G4 I got to see KEANU!!!

It's funny. The written version of events and the actual video sometimes feel like two different places. In the videos, Gerry was just being free,funny, and light-hearted. The crowd reacted the same way.

Personally, I like it. I think he's feeling good about life and it shows.

I watched comic con yesterday on Tech television and didn't see Gerry! It is supposed to play again tonight to I'll keep watching but most of it is boring! I did catch the interview with Zack though talking about his "Watchmen" movie but again not a mention of Gerry....They did mention that tonight there will be a lot of gals in bikinis soooo I betting that he will show up then?

So....was there a meet-n-greet??? Anyone? Anyone? I'm dyin for info here!!!!

"It's starting to be a bit like Seaworld, here," he cracked. "By the way, I worked at Seaworld when I was 17."

Seriously considering changing my screenname to "Shamu"...

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Lisa promised she'd call me...that I was supposed to keep my phone near me at all times. She didn't call....so I am guessing that there wasn't a meet-n-greet. OR.....there was a meet-n-greet, she got her hug and then fainted from the the shock and was rushed to the hospital.

:funnyup: Boo! I hope Lisa got one of the Gerry-touched chocolates!

"It's starting to be a bit like Seaworld, here," he cracked. "By the way, I worked at Seaworld when I was 17."

Seriously considering changing my screenname to "Shamu"...

Thank GOODNESS I wasn't in mid-swallow of my Coke when I read this!!

HOLLY!! You're hilarious, woman!!

Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Found a pic that shows Gerry's arm while signing autographs, does that help? LOL

http://redpeonies.blogspot.com/2008/07/comic-con-08.html

large pic: http://bp2.blogger.com/_v9hFrYQnyQ0/SIn7rn...-h/DSC_0078.JPG

You are the BEST "dealer" Stef! :kiss:

Hi gals,

Took me till now to get through all the thread. It still boggles my mind how you get stuff out to the rest of us so quickly. :claphands:

I hope everyone who was there had a great time.

As for Gerry. He looked great. Tanned, dazzling smile (that looked relaxed & natural) salt & pepper Terry hair, white shirt,cfm's ........ I'd better stop gushing. :embarassed:

As for his behavior. He was just being Gerry. Cheekie, ballsy, a little crude? Maybe. It was his humour & personality that attracted us, well me anyway. If it was just his looks, maybe some of us wouldn't still be here.

Anyway, thank you to all the gals who have worked so hard getting all the info to us.

WendyM :grouphug:

:whoa: Lisa stop beating yourself up! Take a long hot bath and a glass of wine or can of beer and let your nerves come back down to earth.. He is just a man and you were feeling over whelmed by it all..I can't imagine what I would have done in your shoes...I guess now we know what he feels under so much pressure and the glare of cameras shooting his every move? As for what comes out of his mouth well.....he's Scottish AND a man so there are 2 strikes right there eh gals? Women usually take their time before answering a question where as men just do and say anything that comes to mind...in a pinch. :spank: "ouch!" We women have been dealing with "pinches" from men for centuries now so we have more experience with them... :dancegal: We are all so glad you were there at least and hope that someday we might be so lucky!Thank-you for your thoughtfulness for those of us who could not be there...

Got this article on a Google Alert. Thought I'd share.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/07/25/new-ro...n-presentation/

I've never heard of Gerry saying anything like that to someone with a question. It must have been very interesting....

That's not what she said at all. First, he said that before she opened her mouth, I think. It's possible I just don't remember because I was taking his picture at the time. I don't remember her saying anything yet, but when he did say it her face fell. Then he recoiled and said something (again I don't remember) to smooth it over and her question was about whether or not getting your own production company gets easier as the time goes on.

Yes, she was dressed weird, but Gerry shouldn't have said what he did. I KNOW he was trying to be funny and was doing stuff like that all night, but he really hurt her feelings. Now, she WAS dressed very bizarrely (is that a word?). She was in a blue sparkly outfit with something on her forehead, etc. and a headdress or whatever.

Either way, it wasn't right for Gerry to say that and I even thought that at the time. But I dont' remember her saying anything about wanting his jock or anything else. I'll have to wait for the video for confirmation. Maybe I was just too focussed on taking pics of Gerry at the time.

Oh, and a blogger who didn't bash ME!! How refreshing . . . :D

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Oh, and a blogger who didn't bash ME!! How refreshing . .

Lisa sometimes bloggers are critics disguised as sheep among a hungry pack of wolves...Those who can...."act" and those who can't act become "critics"...Like we have pointed out to Gerry in letters and in person (for those lucky enough to have met him)..."Why listen to all the negatives on his role as the Phantom...when there are so many of us who believe it was a huge sucess?" :phantom2::fans:

6:17 - Here come the onslaught of questions for “Gerry.” “Thank you SO much for being here. I get the feeling that you really enjoyed making movies like this. Do you keep planning on making good storytelling movies?” I mean, honestly, you drive all this way, get up there, and ask that? Butler namedrops 300, and people go nuts.

This was my question, you guys, and he mis-quoted me.

I'm not going to respond right now, though. I have to think about this, and I honestly don't remember his response. I was supposed to read what I wrote down, but I was so nervous that I forgot to read it (the paper was in my hand the whole time). I botched it up, meant to ask him about making more movies like Dear Frankie, etc. Here's what I said . . .

"My question is for Gerry." Crowd goes nuts, and my big face is on the jumbo tron. Yikes!

"First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to come here and be with us today. We all really appreciate it." The audience did or said something, don't remember if it was good or bad. I only remember Gerry saying, "Thank you."

Now, in my head I shoud have said, read the paper. What did I say to myself? Keep your eye contact with him. STUPID!!!! Here's what the paper said:

"Hi, Gerry. Now that you an Alan have created Evil Twins Productions, do you think you'll be making movies like Rockn Rolla and a Dear Frankie type, that tell a really compelling story, which as an actor you are so good at?"

Okay, that was what I wrote out to say . . . here's what came out of my mouth:

I ROCKED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I LOOKED FOOKING HAWWWWTTTT!!!!!!

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Dear Lisa...

oh my...how do I tell you this??

YES YOU DID ROCK IT! And you looked fantastic by the way~ YOU GO GIRL!

hugs,

Sue

Yes Lisa

You owe me so much on therapy this past 4 hours babes????

You looked so good, the question came across great, the bloggers don't know what they are talking about and best of all Gerry gave a great answer.

You had alot to contend with but made me proud :kiss:

Luvs Ya

Moira