Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

7/25 - Comic-Con: Gerard Butler can't find his sunglasses

from: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomple...d-butler-c.html

Comic-Con: Gerard Butler can't find his sunglasses

11:21 AM PT, Jul 25 2008

"This place is madness, but I do love it." Gerard Butler was sitting under a blue umbrella on a balcony of the San Diego Convention Center after the panel for "RocknRolla," the upcoming Guy Ritchie film. "I was signing posters and my watch kept catching on them so I took it off and put it between my legs and then walked off. Now I think someone has stolen my sunglasses."

Butler laughed. He can afford to leave some things behind after what's he taken away from Comic-Con. "When I came here for '300' I came straight from the desert, I had been shooting for 33 straight days -- I was a week short of Jesus, right? -- and it had been all this sword fighting and so surreal to come into a room with 6,800 people or whatever and I didn't know any of it was going to be like that. The reception was unbelievable. This event is such a platform and '300' was part of showing that to people. There was a buzz all around the world after that panel."

Butler said he was surprised when he was first told that he was returning this year. "I didn't think this was the kind of movie that Comic-Con cared about, but that's the big change right? There's room now for movies that aren't about superheroes and such." "RocknRolla" has the gritty London crime setting that harkens back to the filmmaker's breakthrough projects, "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." "It's so great Butler said, to be in Guy Ritchie film. They're so masculine and funny and smart and just daft." Turns out that Butler's watch and his sunglasses were right where he left them and returned safely. The Scotsman grinned broadly. "See? This place is great!"

-- Geoff Boucher

gs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/07/gerard-butler-c.html

I'm glad that no one had taken them, maybe he needs another assistant to hold that stuff for him... :cunning:

Sigh....don't ya just love him Barbara, he's so......Gerry. :pointy:

hugs,

Anna x

And how could he not notice he has something extra between his legs? I started to laugh thinking about him walking off not noticing. An extra assistant would be a good thing for him.

haha Gerry!

I think that's amazing, finding your sunglasses exactly where you had left them.

It's good that there's still lots of places and people with honesty and integrity.

:D

And how could he not notice he has something extra between his legs? I started to laugh thinking about him walking off not noticing.

:lmao:

An extra assistant would be a good thing for him.

I could assist! I could assist!

"I was signing posters and my watch kept catching on them so I took it off and put it between my legs and then walked off.

:cunning:Lucky glasses... :bonk:

so surreal to come into a room with 6,800 people or whatever and I didn't know any of it was going to be like that. The reception was unbelievable. This event is such a platform and '300' was part of showing that to people. There was a buzz all around the world after that panel."

:eek:See Lisa...even HE gets overwhelmed by it all and he's the man :sosilly: with all the moves!

I'm glad he enjoyed being there. And I'm glad he got his stuff returned to him.

Lisa

Hey, Lisa, how close did you get? Did you get a hug or kiss or autograph? Give, girl. How wonderful was it? I can only imagine. Maybe someday. I just hope my heart will not explode breathing the same air he is. My one last living fantasy, to meet Gerry. OMG, how great would that be?

"I was signing posters and my watch kept catching on them so I took it off and put it between my legs and then walked off.

:cunning:Lucky glasses... :bonk:

so surreal to come into a room with 6,800 people or whatever and I didn't know any of it was going to be like that. The reception was unbelievable. This event is such a platform and '300' was part of showing that to people. There was a buzz all around the world after that panel."

:eek:See Lisa...even HE gets overwhelmed by it all and he's the man :sosilly: with all the moves!

Wouldn't that be LUCKY WATCH? LUCKY ANYTHING THAT CLOSE TO GERRY!!

He can hire ME! I would be the BEST assistant, and I would sooo take care of him and his every need . . . and desire . . . :cloud9:

Shirshan I'm not ready to post my story yet, but the YouTube video is up on the thread about Comic Con. I didn't "meet" him - I chose to not go to the autograph session so I could keep my third row seat. I think I got the better deal.

Lisa

And Worldwide You Tube Fame to add to your resume sweet Lisa!!!!! :funnyface:

Maybe you can be the Special Guest at Next Year's GALS Convention!!!!!!

Moira

And Worldwide You Tube Fame to add to your resume sweet Lisa!!!!! :funnyface:

Maybe you can be the Special Guest at Next Year's GALS Convention!!!!!!

Moira

OMG . . . now this is going to go to my head . . . :bonk:

Ah, the You Tube clip is awesome and clears up a lot of how things got said etc...and I find Jeremy Piven charming actually. From some of the articles I read, JP wasn't very well liked or perceived correctly imho. I also find Chris Bridges aka: Ludachris charming, shy but charming. :)