My wish for you sweetie is many more of life's Gerrymoments,

One moment in time

When the emotions you felt

Return to fill your senses

Every time you think about it.

hugs,

Anna X

What a beautiful poem . . . and that stanza says it all. :thankyou:

He does write such beautiful poetry and does'nt realise it.

He sent this to me just today;

As we trudge along the sands of time,

Different ways do we part;

I only wish, when years hence,

Your thoughts may chance to turn to me,

You think of me fondly,

Without malice, without sorrow, without regret.

hugs

Anna X

Edited by Anna

First of all:

Lisa, - we all LOVE reading about another gal's experience from a G-meeting! :D

So then: :thankyou: for that long detailed report and all those pics!!! I loved it as I'm sure everyone will! SO proud of you! :pointy:

Hugs from Eva Mari :wuv:

Anna, - you are our live in poetry library, LOVE IT!! :drool1:

Lisa,

Thanks for posting your story and such a wonderful lot of photos. You looked fabulous, spoke very clearly and did so well.

It's such a pleasure to be able to share the moment with you. :kiss:

Lisa,

I loved the account of your ComicCon experience with THE Man! :drool1: Don't apologize for posting your story, thoughts, and "squeeee" moments. Most people are genuinely glad when someone gets a Gerry moment! Sigh, I've talked with him twice, and still haven't gotten a hug or a handshake. :wall: :wall: One's brain does seem to turn to mush when your talking to him.

The pictures of everyone, at the different panels were fantastic....you were so lucky to be so close to so many hunks! YUM. I Love The Rock as well, he is come a long way from his Scorpion King days.

Keep those memories coming....I don't think any of us will get tired of reading them. :yourock:

Pat

Gerry was looking at his right the whole time he was talking to you Lisa!

So, his attention was directly on you kiddo!

I can't get over all the celebrities you got to see!

Man, I would of LOVED to seen Keanu and Hugh!!!

I'm so happy for you that you were able to go and get your Gerry moment Lisa!

GREAT job! :kisswink:

(((HUGS)))

zany

Hey phoenixgirl!

I think you set very high standards for Gerry's fans :p

You looked confident... and pretty too! ;) I envy you for getting Gerry's attention for almost 2 minutes!! :wuv:

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Anesidora

You did good girl. You made all of us Gals proud. Sorry I didn't post sooner...but I figured since we had talked so much already...you knew my thoughts. Us girls who haven't had the honor of being in Gerry's presence live vicariously thru you and all the others who have had the opportunity. It's exciting and inspiring to read the stories and makes me hope that one day I'll have my moment too.

My sister is obessed with the Twilight series. She is on pins and needles for the next book to come out and for the movie to come out. I think I will started reading the books just to see what all the hype is about!

*Sarah

Lisa, I just saw the pics, oh KEANU!!!!!!!!!!!! excuse me, I may have to lick my computer screen. ;)

And listen missy, i have to say it again..you did one hell of a great job, fantastic questions, you looked GREAT, and he gave a great answer as well, you did GALS proud!!!!

Lisa, I just saw the pics, oh KEANU!!!!!!!!!!!! excuse me, I may have to lick my computer screen. ;)

:funnyup: I saw him being interview on TV and was like what? what was my name again? :lol:

Lisa, what a wonderful experience! I watched the YouTube video before I read any of these posts. Although at that moment, I did not know it was you, somehow I knew it was you. I said to myself, "Could that be Phoenixgirl/Lisa?" Then I came to the boards and read your posts and was so glad to realize it was truly you.

You were magnificent, babe! You looked beautiful, poised, elegant and composed. I don't know how you did it, before HRH. I applaud you!

You have set the standard. I am determined to have my Gerry moment at the Toronto Film Festival in September (that is if he will be there). I only pray I can be as poised and elegant as you were. Knowing, me....I am a total cluts. I would trip, probably trip him in the process, stutter, make no sense, giggle, and generally make a total fool out of myself. I've also been known to be struck completely speechless before my hearthrobs. Do you have any advice for me? :bonk:

Lisa, what a wonderful experience! I watched the YouTube video before I read any of these posts. Although at that moment, I did not know it was you, somehow I knew it was you. I said to myself, "Could that be Phoenixgirl/Lisa?" Then I came to the boards and read your posts and was so glad to realize it was truly you.

You were magnificent, babe! You looked beautiful, poised, elegant and composed. I don't know how you did it, before HRH. I applaud you!

You have set the standard. I am determined to have my Gerry moment at the Toronto Film Festival in September (that is if he will be there). I only pray I can be as poised and elegant as you were. Knowing, me....I am a total cluts. I would trip, probably trip him in the process, stutter, make no sense, giggle, and generally make a total fool out of myself. I've also been known to be struck completely speechless before my hearthrobs. Do you have any advice for me? :bonk:

Awww, you guys. There's no standard. I just did what I had to do.

Advice? First, spell klutz right. :lamo: Sorry - teacher AND Jewish - deadly combo.

Second . . . just breath first and imagine it the way you want it to go. If you envision yourself a certain way, you can be just that. Don't imagine yourself being all girlie and goofy cause if you do that's exactly how you'll be. Imagine yourself calm, cool and collected. That's all it takes. It helped that I had all day to prepare myself and saw how others handled their questions, etc. I probably should not have gone first (I probably would have remembered to read my question), but that's okay, too.

You will also find that you won't remember anything he says to you. As cool and calm as I looked on the outside, it really felt like everything was closing in on me. If I hadn't seen the video I would have no idea what he said to me. Same thing happened at PSILY. :lol: Your brain goes somewhere else. It's like an out-of-body experience.

Moonie, I wish I could tell you more about Keanu, but he didn't speak very much. The director did most of the talking, but he did joke around a little. He has a very deep, sexy voice.

Thanks, everyone. You're making me feel so proud to be a GAL. Knowing you're all proud of me makes it all worthwhile.

Lisa

Knowing, me....I am a total cluts. I would trip, probably trip him in the process, stutter, make no sense, giggle, and generally make a total fool out of myself. I've also been known to be struck completely speechless before my hearthrobs.

:omg: GJ! Me 2! :lol:

Second . . . just breath first and imagine it the way you want it to go. If you envision yourself a certain way, you can be just that. Don't imagine yourself being all girlie and goofy cause if you do that's exactly how you'll be. Imagine yourself calm, cool and collected. That's all it takes. It helped that I had all day to prepare myself and saw how others handled their questions, etc.

Very good advice Lisa! :clap:

Congratulations Lisa for having that moment w/Gerry. The good thing is you didn't clam up. I would have stood there frozen like before and left the stand in embarrassment. I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing.

Cassie

Guest pamelajane

I'm trying not to make this a "me too" post, but I thought the same thing when I saw you on YouTube. I thought, wow, this gal is so composed and intelligent and pretty. I hope she's one of "ours", because you were wonderful, Lisa. Congratulations and thank you for sharing and giving us all hope that someday we just might have our Gerry moment too!

Cheers,

Pam

I would like to start out by saying this: I am not posting this to make myself sound good, look good or to rub it in anyone's face. I write this so that everyone believes that it CAN happen for you, too! I know that people who don't live in California don't believe it, but trust me . . . if you want it bad enough, and you are positive in your thoughts and BELIEVE it . . . you can also have a Gerry moment. So, just read and believe that you, too, can have the man of your dreams in front of you, signing something, taking a picture or answering a poorly worded, bu intelligent, question. If you knew me four years ago, hell, a YEAR AGO, you would be shocked. But, that's another story. Gerry and my Girlies have made me believe that I can do and have anything if I just stay strong and make it happen. That's all, ladies - you can MAKE it happen. So, here's my story (as written in my email):

Great story Lisa~

and you did not only looked great, but sounded really well spoken infront of the panel.

Tho I haven't met Gerry yet, what you said is true...

Positive thoughts and believing it can happen, it will happen. I have managed one way or another to meet all the celebrities that I never thought in my wildest dreams, I could.

lol

(Just today, by pure luck, I met all the American Idol's that are on tour)

I'll say this . . . I have been blessed to receive many PMs the past two days of women thanking me for sharing my story, believing they can see him, and having people be grateful to know someone who understands the feelings.

I feel like I'M the one who is receiving more out of this. The GALS motto is living your purpose, and perhaps my purpose on GALS is to help others find their courage and help them to get that moment with Gerry. Who knows? Maybe it's just to give other ladies someone to relate to, someone who understands.

This so goes beyond Gerry as a movie star. It's about how he puts women together who need each other. He's a conduit, and whether he would like to know that or not, that's what he is for us. He's a beautiful man.

What a great bunch of women I am blessed to know.

Tmpttneyes - did you get to meet Michael Johns? I LURVE him!!!!

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Hey Ladies

Lisa, You did a great job of posting everything that went on.... I was in HALL H too and started way in the back and moved

up about the same time you did. I was in the second row but to the left of Gerry......

I think I did all video of Gerry but I left my camera in Wendy's car when she dropped me off at the airport so

I will post whatever I got when my camera arrives.....

Lisa, You did a great job with your question and you looked calm and composed and beautiful someday I hope to

get the nerve to do the question thing LOL :yourock:

Lisa, I loved reading your account, thank you so much for sharing it with us all. And let me just say, "Woman! You are the bomb!" You exuded confidence and poise as you posed a very well worded and intelligent question to HRH, himself. I'm afraid that I would have really botched any effort I might have made, if I had been in your shoes. Way to go, girlie.... you did us proud!