Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixgirl

Comic Con - July 24, 2008

Hey GerryJewel

I'm keeping everything crossed he attends both the London and Toronto Premieres so fans on both side of the Atlantic can get their moment with him - even just for a few secs of him standing in front of me will suffice :pant:

I was hoping somebody might have asked him at Comic-Con so we would have a good idea but alas I expect we will all not know til the last minute - at least we have the London date and Toronto's from 19 Aug. I guess it all boils down to whether his LAC filming schedule permits it. :pointy:

I'd like to think he would attend considering it's the World Premiere in London and North American Premiere in Toronto - in my opinion more important to attend these than say regional premieres in LA or NYC.

I have my contingency plan in place - if he does not show in London I would be shocked if he also missed Toronto so plan to have that as a back up and will book last minute flight. I know you can't have too much Gerry juice and had planned to do both if the dates made it viable but thought if he shows in London just make do with that and keep my money for another Gerry moment some other time.

I'm already trying to predict what he may or may not have in regards to major appearances next year. There will be the Premieres for TUT and Game and possibly LAC. Now ladies we all have to hope that with Game not coming out until Summer of 2009 that it is after Comic-Con so he may show again next year to promote that big time. Nevaldine and Taylor are using CUT as a good promo for their stuff and plan to have cast and crew members from Game and Crank 2. I think Linda made it clear Gerry would never be announced again even if he was a definite so only book if you want to experience that event and everything it has to offer and not on the basis Gerry may or may not attend - especially if money is tight. Yes you will kick yourself if he shows but it's alot to pay out on a MAYBE. It's just a shame CUT is not the following weekend as I have a feeling with TUT getting a Fri 3 April release the premiere could be held anytime from Sun 22 March onwards. Great if you are local and can do it all but if you are travelling from out of State or overseas it may not be viable to do it all because of the date gap. Unfortunately with premieres we seem to be lucky if we get any more than 4 weeks notice.

Moira

I know . . . even I'm getting sick of myself . . . :rotflmao:

I want to add one more thing about Gerry . . . even though right after I ask my question he turns to Guy next to him and says, "Yeah, that's the point of it" (or whatever), I didn't take that as being snotty. Some people asked me if I thought he was being rude to me cause of that. No way. I think that's the first thing that popped into his head, and that's what came out . . . then he used the time to throw the chocolates to think of a better way to answer me. At least that's how I read the whole thing. He was really into answering me, and so no, I don't think for one second he was being rude. Just had to say that . . .

Edited by phoenixgirl

Lisa, OMG!!! I watched that clip before I even knew it was you. GOOD FOR YOU, GIRL! You sounded great, I would have been shaking and my lips would have been dry and sticking to my teeth, HAHA. Anyway, you looked great and sounded great and I'm guessing that makes up for the PSILY movie premiere meeting. :D

Lisa, OMG!!! I watched that clip before I even knew it was you. GOOD FOR YOU, GIRL! You sounded great, I would have been shaking and my lips would have been dry and sticking to my teeth, HAHA. Anyway, you looked great and sounded great and I'm guessing that makes up for the PSILY movie premiere meeting. :D

I had a great PSILY premiere meeting! :lol: This was just another layer to my delicious Gerry encounters.

It was Nim's that I didn't get to have a "moment" . . . but you can't always have that moment every time. It was someone else's time then, and just not mine. It can't be every single time, otherwise you'll always be disappointed.

But thank, Jo! I appreciate your kudos.

Lisa

Wow!!! You Inspire Me!!! But I Know I Will Probubly NEVER Have the Honor Of Talking To Him or Seeing Him In Person Or Touching Him.................

Edited by Allie_Luvs_GB

Lisa, thank you for sharing your story. You did an amazing job. You were confident and had such a calmness about you. I think if I had been in your position I would have either fainted or giggled like a school girl. Honestly...such composure. You did look amazing. Gerry strikes me as the type of guy who likes those who are genuine. Don't beat yourself up because you did not word your question as rehearsed. Carpe diem! Seize the day! Be spontaneous! Your question was intelligent and I can tell he appreciated that. He thanked you.

:bow2:

Hugh Jackman and Gerry Butler in the same venue. OMG! A smorgasbord of hotness before your eyes. Lucky girl!

Hi Lisa,

This story you share is :fook: ing good! And more than this sharing your story with us is a pleasure to us! I saw the video you linked and saw your face when you were asking your question. If I am right you were the first one to ask a quesiton.

You write down how Gerry was at that time, and we all know so I want to talk about just you! It's clear that you are the real fan of him cause your quesiton is soo good and congruous! You were like an experienced reporter! I am sure that you were very excited at that time but you kept your tizzy or this kind of feelings masterly!

I am really proud of you Lisa, you show the GALS' courage, wisdom and style!

and really happy for you (as me see him)...

hope you will get closer next time!

loves

:metoyou:

:hug:

FERAH

Edited by fksmtu

Thanks again, guys. Some days, that memory is what keeps me going.

Ferah, you will have your time - I know it. Everyone can. And I also hope to be closer to him eventually. Well, I have been closer to him, but I would give anything for a hug. To have his arms around me, like so many other women I know have been that lucky. Hopefully that will happen - for all of us! That's a lot of Gerry love! :lol:

Thanks again. It was an amazing experience that no one can ever take away from me.

Lisa

OMG OMG!!!

Phoenixgirl, I just saw that clip of you asking Gerry a question and girl...you've got guts of steel!

You looked calm cool and collective, like journalist material.

Are you looking forward to meeting him again?

...and I saw the way he was looking at you! :cunning:

OMG OMG!!!

Phoenixgirl, I just saw that clip of you asking Gerry a question and girl...you've got guts of steel!

You looked calm cool and collective, like journalist material.

Are you looking forward to meeting him again?

...and I saw the way he was looking at you! :cunning:

The way he was looking at me? Like, "Get this crazy woman away from the microphone, please!" :lol: Nah, he was a complete gentleman - cool and wonderful.

Of course I'm looking forward to meeting him again . . . and I hope it's soon. It doesn't take guts of steel and I was NOT calm, cool OR collected. I was a nervous wreck, but I knew that this was my ONE chance and I wasn't going to blow it.

I now can't wait to hear from the girls who are going to TIFF!!! That will be exciting to hear about as well.

Lisa