Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 55th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 14 floors to go to reach 69 again!

Well here we are smack dab in the middle of summer so I think it's time for a floor dedicated to summer lovin'. We're getting quite a lot of goodies from Comic Con, and out-and-about photos as well, to celebrate that sizzling Scot we all love around here. So crank it up, let's dance to some of that old time Rocknrolla music and maybe play a Game or two.

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Highrise #2 Floor #46 - Weather GALS

Highrise #2 Floor #47 - The Beautiful Truth

Highrise #2 Floor #48 - The Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #49 - Still the Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #50 - Dance, Dance, Dance

Highrise #2 Floor #51 - Keep On Dancin'

Highrise #2 Floor #52 - Follow Your Purpose

Highrise #2 Floor #53 - GALS turns 3!!

Highrise #2 Floor #54 - GALS turns 3 -The Sequel

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Sorry, -wrong place... Deleted :blush:

Edited by NordicGirl

Gerry and summer...what a lovely combination....something to decorate the new floor with:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

Guest greyeyegoddess

Awww...nice siggy, Lisa.

Just got back from a busy weekend at CC. Hi Susan! It's pretty popping here.

Now that I am back, it's time to start passing out resumes for me, and find a new job. Finally, my boss opened his mouth about moving from this awful office, although the crew had been moving stuff out for a few weeks. I was out of the loop. Oh well.

I'm at work, after driving back from San Diego yesterday. I like SD a lot. I'm thinking about moving around the area, if I can find a job and a place. Every time I think about going there, though, they have a major fire. I hope I just didn't jinx it.

The first time I drove to SD for CC, I got three companies calling me about wanting my boss to move down there, because there was so much work.

See you all around!

~alice

:music:

LOVE the decorations on the new floor!!!!

:heat: Hey everyone. Just stopped in for a minute. It is so hot here. I think it is about 98' outside, and I really need to cut the grass. :( I am going to try and take the kids swimming on Thursday. Lets hope it doesn't rain. Hubby is going out of town that day. I am going to kick back w/ some Gerry movies to keep me company. :hubba: Hubby isn't too fond of watching a bunch of Gerry movies. :grrr:

I hope everyone is staying cooler than I am. See ya later.

Welcome back Alice...and good luck sweetie! I'll say a prayer that you find a good job in an area that you really love...whether it be San Diego or in the bay area ... but shush...you best not be telling all the ladies you're thinking of deserting us Nor Cal ladies! I was thinking about you today. Hubby and I are going to the movies in a wee bit to see your other guy in Journey to the Center of the Earth.

hugs,

Sue

To add a few more goodies:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by irish

Heard there was an earthquake in LA - I hope everyone is okay!!!!!

I guess LA couldn't handle losing Gerry to NY . . . .

We just had a pretty big earthquake (5.8) in Southern California. It rocked and rolled for longer than I recall from any previous quakes I've experienced. So far everyone I've checked with is OK. Cheri and her sister who live closest to the epicenter are fine (Tamara was here at work and Cheri was out shopping and their mom said everything is OK at home). My hubby says everything OK at home. I dove under my desk when I realized it was going to keep rolling, but nothing fell over. I'm now waiting for news reports on any damage elsewhere.

I hope all the Southern California GALs will check in and let us know you are OK.

Thank you for letting me know, Susan. I can't get through to Cheri . . . all the networks are busy!

Please - everyone check in . . . and I have to say that I'm glad Gerry is NOT in Los Angeles anymore.

Yes Lisa fook everyone else as long as gerry is ok :funnyup:

Moira

Yes Lisa fook everyone else as long as gerry is ok :funnyup:

Moira

:funnyup: :funnyup: Smart arse - but my son said the same thing to me.

Nooooooo, I want to know that EVERYONE is okay!

Guest greyeyegoddess

Aw...Sue, thanks! Journey is a fun movie. Make sure you see it in 3-D, though. I'll be hopping to the movies again to see Mummy this weekend. Can't wait to see Bren in action, again. I'm seriously overdosing right now.

We'll see. Even though I want to move to southern cal, I still want to finish school up here. So, I'm split. All I know is that I have to find a place by the end of the year, and can't do that until I get a better job.

Wow, 5.8 earthquake is a quite a big one. Hope to hear from you all down there. It didn't even occur to me, but the weather reminded me of earthquake weather up here. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it was a lot cooler in San Diego than I usually remember it. And gray at times.

~alice

We took the whole family to see Journey on Sunday, cute movie. Nice to see Brendon's arms backin action :cunning:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hmm....big arms....he's such a big guy...

He was at comic con, too. It was cute---Michelle Yeoh gushed over him, in the panel. He was shocked but in a funny way. She even started fanning herself. lol!

~alice

I really enjoyed Journey to the Centre of the Earth and can't wait for The Mummy film. I am curious to know if they do something weird to explain Maria over Rachel or just hope the audience accept somebody else playing the part without an explanation.

Moira

Hey UK GALS

Just some useless info I have come across. If anyone is interested in doing Comic-Con next year I noticed the airline FlyZoom does London Gatwick direct to San Diego flights June to October on a Monday and Friday.

Moira

Just checked in to see how all our CA Galfriends are....I see so far it's okay but not everyone has checked in yet! I can see Gerry now....sitting in his big comfy chair with Lolita on his lap saying *Phew* ....Lo.. we got out of there just in time! then she looks up at him with her big puppy like eyes and gives her daddy a big sloppy kiss and OH MY GAWD I never wanted to be a pug doggie so bad in all my life! Well that is ...one named Lolita with a big strong Hot Scot Daddy named Gerry...................................................................Okay :pug::swoon:

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

I can't see that happening but you never know. :funnyup:

Paige :wave:

They downgraded the magnitude from 5.8 to 5.4 and so far no major damage reported. The epicenter was under an uninabited part of Chino Hills and it was about 8 miles underground so they believe that's why there was not much damage. I heard one report of a home in Yorba Linda with some damage and of course some retailers have items that fell from shelves and broke. But all in all pretty minor stuff for such a big shake.

I just heard from my daughter in Irvine, California. She's fine and still at work. I hadn't heard from her so I sent her an email. She responded right away that they're all fine there at the office.

Guest DonnaKat

I hope everyone is okay in CA. I remember the few jolts we had here in Missouri a few months ago. It was a bit unnerving, to say the least (we're certainly not used to it here).

It's HOT here...about 105F heat index...and that means some big storms are moving in. I'm sitting in my computer room looking out the window, and can see the skies changing even as I type. As for us, it's been a Spring/Summer of flooding. The ground is just saturated, even with a few weeks of dry weather.

I have been out of the loop here a bit the past few weeks, so I know I've missed some things. Congratulations Cassie! I'm so glad to hear Olivia arrived safely into her new world. Congrats to those who have jobs, good luck to those who are looking. Hugs to those who are hurting, and prayers to those who need it.

BTW, I'm down to one stray cat. One of the kittens fell in the sewer a few weeks back, and the others haven't been accounted for for a few weeks now. I figure I really don't want to know what happened. All I know is only one mother cat is still around...the friendly one. I've gotten her to trust me enough to let me pet her and now she rubs on my legs (it has taken a year). Maybe I can make a house cat out of her yet. ;)