Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

I was a late 80s-early 90s gal.

So I liked:

Van Halen

Nelson (remember them?!)

Wilson Phillips

Guns N' Roses

Erasure

Chicago-even some of their early stuff

Journey

Foreigner

Genesis-I got to see Phil Collins in concert once and it was great!

REO Speedwagon

Bryan Adams

And the list goes on and on!

Edited by mousie

Susan-Sporran!

I ADORE Dougie Maclean!!!! Have you listened to his CD of Sunset Song that goes along with the book/stage play of the same name (Grassic Gibbons)? Fine piece of work. I found him 25 years ago (ish) through his work with SILLY WIZARD one of the very best (and still out there touring) Scottish Bands. How great to find him/them mentioned here!!!

:menkilt:

Paige, you got us off on a really great thread here. What a chance to know what we were all listening too....

And Jobella --- GREAT picture of Winger! I just love that hair...!!!!

Auntm

:sword:

Susan, I love the Monkees, I have actually seen Davy Jones on several occasions! He comes to the Wolf Den at Mohegan alot and its free!!! I have also got to meet Mickey Dolenz. Like most people my age, we are fans from the 1988 marathon on MTV.

I was a late 80s-early 90s gal.

So I liked:

Van Halen

Nelson (remember them?!)

Wilson Phillips

Guns N' Roses

Erasure

Chicago-even some of their early stuff

Journey

Foreigner

Genesis-I got to see Phil Collins in concert once and it was great!

REO Speedwagon

Bryan Adams

And the list goes on and on!

I was a bit too young to appreciate these particular groups in their heyday... but because Mousie is my older sister, I grew up on these bands as well! :pointy:

Speaking of concerts, I saw Styx back in 1999... now THOSE guys can put on a show! They're AWESOME live...

~Mel

I got to go to three Beatles concerts (my girlfriends mom drove us) ...two at the cow palace in SF and one (their very final concert) at Candle Stick Park. I was a total and complete Beatlemaniac.....

I also got to go see:

The Animals

Paul Revere and the Raiders (SUSAN, you too? lol...Mark Lindsey rocked!!!)

The Yardbirds

Chad and Jeremy

Sonny and Cher

All of these were big concerts and it was when I was too young to go without adult supervision (well kinda...lol) ...however, when I turned 17-18 I lived in Napa, CA and it was just a hop, skip and a jump in those days to go into the city and we did...almost every weekend we would be either at Winterland, Philmore or the Avalon Ballroom....where one of the local bands (who are now legends) were playing....

I was 21 when I heard this song ... can't even remember who was singing it...but it was "Help Me Make It Through The Night" and they said it was written by a guy named Kris Kristofferson ... a few weeks later I heard Ray Price singing "For The Good Times" and again the disc jockey said it was written by "Kris Kristofferson....I had to check out this guy! Well, I then became a Kris Kristofferson junkie. I have everything the man has ever recorded and some that were not recorded. Met him many times over the years and he in so many ways reminds me of Gerry. Super smart, super sexy (in his day), and yet one of the most kind, gracious man I have ever met.

OH and Bread...YES Suzie, I still love their music....

memories.....lol

hugs,

Sue

p.s. Susan, you HAVE to check out Celtic Thunder!

*Paige appears through a cloud of smoke that just randomly appears. Her face now distorted, eyes black and has fangs now.*

Hi ladies...I just finished watching The Lost Boys: The Tribe not to long ago. I must say Corey Feldman still knows how to kick some vampire arse. Haim did not appear until like when they showed a scene in the ending credits. The movie was good but it was sooooo different from the original. And I must definately say that Angus did a good job following in his half brother's footsteps. *Yes he is halfbrother to Kiefer and son of Donald but he does not look like his Dad...it's freaky.* Anyways I must go now. Need to restart my computer because of stupid updates.

*Smoke appears again and everyone hears.* Thou shalt not fall...Thou shalt not die...Thou shalt not feel..Thou shalt not kill. *Paige disappears.*

Paige :wave:

Oh, my heart (the part left over from Gerry lovin') totally belongs to Celtic Thunder! Susan, here is a link to Amazon that contains a clip from their DVD. They are cute, wonderfully talented and have the most awesome voices. There are four Irish guys (three from Northern Ireland) and one Scot. Check them out:

http://www.amazon.com/Celtic-Thunder-Show/...8224&sr=8-2

Edited by Texas gramma

Guest Pilar

LOL!! Sue....when my laptop was on the fritz, I watched a lot of dvd's....and "A Star is Born" was one of them. Kris was just a honey in that. Those blue, blue eyes....and the vulnerability....he rocked as John Norman. Not to mention the song at the end shatters me...."With One More Look at You"....oh my freaking ....

I ADORE the Monkees music...."Valleri" is the ultimate gulty pleasure for me....and "Last Train to Clarksville." LOL!!

And I ADORE the Animals....and Bread....and Paul Revere and Yardbirds.....LOVE Deep Purple, too. "Child in Time".....OMG....

Yeah....good times.

HEY PIL'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sweetie...don't ever leave for that length of time again without a written excuse! A star is Born with KK and BS ...I loved loved loved that movie and if there ever was to be a remake GERRY would have to play JOHN NORMAN!! OMG I would slobber all over the theater... :drool1:

Susan....I put my Celtic Thunder DVD in just about every day....It is awesome and the guys are all cuties ...well the young one is absolutely adorable. I can just picture him when he gets older...He will break some hearts but in the meantime this kid has an amazing voice. I think you will really enjoy them.

I forgot to mention IL'Divo.....these guys are good! I think the only guys I've ever seen in person are ....here we go, these are names that will really make you go back in time.....Bobby Rydell ...Bobby Vinton.... Looks like I have a Bobby thing...that's what we call my DH... HMMMMMMMMMM....anyway...Johnny Cash....Mac Davis....The Statler Bros.....Chubby Checker "the twist" my sistahs! Well that's all I can think of right now.... Oh I can't believe I forgot Della Reese and Tina Turner!

:wave: Frannie

Oh MY gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I had that as a poster!! Oh my, what memories...

I need to check him out again because I heard he was coming to CA in August, (hope I haven't missed it), but he was supposed to be a special guest opener for Bret Michaels, and they were gonna stick DOKKEN in there somewhere. (I was big on DOKKEN too, had every album, loved "Night By Night", but I don't talk about it! Ha! It's a funny story.)

Hey PAIGE, You know, I never saw SKID ROW but I was so lucky to see SEBASTIAN live on stage in Jesus Christ SuperStar...THREE times!!!!! It was back in Nov/Dec 2002 and it was a blast!!

Thanks for locating that pic :cloud9: ..."click, save"...What the heck, I'm gonna make him my background!! :dancer::kiss:

Speaking of concerts, I saw Styx back in 1999... now THOSE guys can put on a show! They're AWESOME live...

~Mel

My younger sis was a big STYX fan...My poor mom, she patiently put up with all our rock n roll...we played our records EVERY day. But she actually liked some of it too. She became a Dennis DeYoung fan with "Desert Moon"...I guess that was his solo lp from Styx...but she really fell in love with him when he did a Broadway album...You should check it out Mel...He sings "Bring Him Home" from LES MIS...( bring out the tissues!)

...and spent hours with Three Dog Night...

HELLO, what are we talkin' about here???

Is it like Mamma Mia..."what a night" and "dot dot dot..." :p

JoBella!! :highfive:

I just went back to get caught up and I just saw that pic of Kip Winger...that's GREAT!!

And thanks for posting one with that hairy chest I remember SO well!! :coldshower:

Wow look what I'm missing here! Memories of those wonderously talented musicians of yesteryear.

Can't forget these guys, I used to get to see them walking around a nearby town when I was young,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBGXwX-TdTY...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4yVN5CKwJ4...feature=related

And Eric is alive and well and has lived in California since 1960's.........got to rush my 'date' is arriving very soon and as usual he has a full day planned for me........wish he still took an afternoon nap!

take care everyone, have fun,

hugs,

Anna X

BeeJay!!

You just kind of sneak in every once in awhile. Are you still busy with your grandbaby? I miss our little adventures out....like last year for tacos in San Marcos and how 'bout that drive up to LA last summer to deliver a certain package...? Well, it was an adventure...

Hope you're doing good.

Nancy

Hey Nancy, thanks for the shout out. Yes, I have been very busy with my gorgeous little one. She is now crawling everywhere with me following right after her picking up things or seeing that she doesn't eat the dog's food. I have been having a ball with her. I wish I knew how to attach photos because we have some really cute ones of her.

That was fun going for tacos and driving to LA. Maybe we can get together again sometime soon. From what I've read online you seem to be pretty busy having fun with the animals.

Take care.

Barb

I was just wondering...when did everyone first hear about their favorite bands?

I mean like I first heard about bands like Def Leppard, Van Halen, KISS, and other bands by listening to radio and the CDs my parents had.

But the thing is with Dokken...I did not hear about them til NOES part 3: The Dream Warriors when they did the end theme for that movie. *In fact I'm listening to it right now.*

Now I shall bring some other music since I watched the straight to DVD sequel * I recommend renting before buying.* And the new version of this song is not as great as this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVnSGXvYK20

Now the music video inspired by the movie XP *everyone thinks "ohhhhh great."*

And for those of you who have not seen

The Lost Boys: The Tribe

Even though the trailer does say Coming in 2008, I can tell you that it is out now but like I said since it went straight to DVD to rent it before buying.

P.S. Nancy now I feel like I am not the only one who does not have a Gerry background XD.

~Mel

My younger sis was a big STYX fan...My poor mom, she patiently put up with all our rock n roll...we played our records EVERY day. But she actually liked some of it too. She became a Dennis DeYoung fan with "Desert Moon"...I guess that was his solo lp from Styx...but she really fell in love with him when he did a Broadway album...You should check it out Mel...He sings "Bring Him Home" from LES MIS...( bring out the tissues!)

Oh wow... I'll definitely check that out! I didn't know that, thanks Nancy!

~Mel

Hello, I'm Avivid Mind and I've been turned.............

I just blurted it out in Over18 gaming 60 second with Gerry.

So welcome me to the club!

:)

:funnyup::wave: Hi, avivid!! :kiss:

And hi to the rest of you as well!

*Love and hugs all around*

Pilar, - I'll be posting some eventually.... ;)

I was just wondering...when did everyone first hear about their favorite bands?

I mean like I first heard about bands like Def Leppard, Van Halen, KISS, and other bands by listening to radio and the CDs my parents had.

But the thing is with Dokken...I did not hear about them til NOES part 3: The Dream Warriors when they did the end theme for that movie. *In fact I'm listening to it right now.*

Now I shall bring some other music since I watched the straight to DVD sequel * I recommend renting before buying.* And the new version of this song is not as great as this version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVnSGXvYK20

Now the music video inspired by the movie XP *everyone thinks "ohhhhh great."*

And for those of you who have not seen

The Lost Boys: The Tribe

Even though the trailer does say Coming in 2008, I can tell you that it is out now but like I said since it went straight to DVD to rent it before buying.

P.S. Nancy now I feel like I am not the only one who does not have a Gerry background XD.

Paige I did'nt expect much but I was still excited. Too gory, the first one was'nt like that. Ok now I feel old, but too sexual. There was sex in the first one, but this one was more graphic it took away from the orginal. Also Corey Haim maybe in it at the end credits for 30 seconds. If you have watched the two Coreys you understand why. They should have left it alone.

Hey jobella...I do watch The Two Coreys and happened to watch that episode...hints how I knew about the sequel in the first place. Even though I do agree with what you are saying I still think it was good though but I'm not a person for extreme sports like surfing and all that junk. They should have just stuck with the rock'n' roll image.

The main reason I watched it was because the first movie and The Goonies made me a fan of Corey Feldman.

Dropping by to say HI!.. :wave:

Paige, Jobella, Frannie, Avividmind, Nordic girl, Beejay, Abrock, Attila Girl and everyone else!

We're about to hit 300 posts so I'm going to close this floor and open the new one.

Posted Image