Gerard Butler GALS

About.com RocknRolla interview

patsyb

Here is a link to another ComicCon interview. This one is conducted by Rebecca Murray of About.com

If memory serves me correctly About.com will not permit hosting by other sites .. I hope it's permissable to link to the interview though.

http://video.about.com/movies/Gerard-Butle...nRolla.htm?nl=1

Transcript of the video interview is listed at About.com under the video viewer(sometimes there are promo images directly under the viewer, but then the Transcript).

Edited by becozy
note about interview transcript

Rebecca Murray always seems to ask Gerry intelligent questions and you can tell that he appreciates the way she conducts an interview. Thanks for the link to this little gem. It would be a great interview if she could get some more time with him and do an in depth piece-we'd learn alot I'll bet!

No codpieces, no masks, just you?

Gerard Butler: "I know, it's weird, huh? I feel a little bit naked, even though in 300 I was actually naked – and my face, I had my beard, my… In this I don't have any of that. I have to rely on my personality, that's not something I'm very good at."

That is totally not true he is great when being spontanious and his personality is :cunning: just fine! I love Rebecca she always does good interviews but as she said...I love the man too!

Great interview!!!! I can't tell what Rebecca asks at the end, but I do agree she asked some really great questions. i can't wait to see this movie, Gerry and Idris have such amazing chemistry and my crush on Idris is starting to grow a little. I am such a sucker for tall men with accents.

I'm pleased you like the interview. I always enjoy the ones conducted by Rebecca Murray.

I've had another listen and think that at the end Rebecca thanks Gerry for the interview and he replies "Thanks. You're welcome"'

It's all said very quickly and the words tend to run together but that's what I pick up.

Thanks for posting this. Great interview.

Aside from getting many chances to see him on the big screen, another great side effect of all the work he's been doing lately is that there are a lot more interviews like this. It was kind of a drought for a while. Now he's everywhere...and I likes it!

All Rebecca's video interviews have a transcript included:

scroll down to under the video viewer!! ;)

(sometimes there are promo images directly under the viewer, but then the Transcript).

Then you'll know exactly what was said :pointy:

Barb, that wee little exchange at the end isn't in the transcript.

I think Rebecca herself would have to tell us what he said there at the end! :lol:

Oh well. I think it's more the 'body language' anyway, than what he says.

Thanks for the link, Patsy! :metoyou:

Great interview! But does anyone know what he says to Rebecca at the end, as he's pulled away? I can't make it out.

Who is the lady that pulled him away? I see her at every premier. Does she work for Gerry or his manager? I'd love to know her name. She really seems to know when he needs to move on to the next phase, as it were.

Great interview! But does anyone know what he says to Rebecca at the end, as he's pulled away? I can't make it out.

Who is the lady that pulled him away? I see her at every premier. Does she work for Gerry or his manager? I'd love to know her name. She really seems to know when he needs to move on to the next phase, as it were.

I think the lady you're referring to is one of Gerry's PR people. I'm not too sure but I think her name may be Joy.

Thanks for that Patsy. Great interview and yes I'm sure her name is Joy too.

I also notice that at the panel his Scottish accent was in full swing but on this interview the American twang was back.

Moira

I would love to know too!

I've watched this 3 times now and it looks and sounds like he says,

"You know what, thank you."

Always our polite little Scottish boy.

I know - sort of! They were really hustling him along the press line because they had the cast from a couple of different Warner Bros movies out there at the same time. The publicist (and I don't know her name because there are a million of them and I can't keep track of them all) barely lets him finish that question before she pulls him away while saying, "Thank you so much." He says something along the lines of, "Yeah, you 'talked' enough" and I respond with "No more talking to you!"

Thanks for the compliments on the interview but you all know it's nearly impossible to do a bad one with him.

--Rebecca