Gerard Butler GALS

Only 2 MOS. TO COLLECT WEBHOST FEE

heISmyGspot

We have a lot of "newbies" who weren't around during the big "server crash" of April (?) '06. Some may recall that we had an emergency fund raiser to keep GALS up and running on our own designated server. At the risk of bringing back horrific memories -- I will mention to the newbies that the site was actually DOWN for 2 days (Spot takes a deep breath in recollection...) [EXHALES]

At that time, several indicated they'd like to make monthly payments towards the "cause" since we'll have to renew our website contract annually in March. Many have very generously signed up for "automatic" donations. :thankyou: Others have indicated they'd like to try to donate, but need "reminders." Which is the purpose of this post.

If you have the means, please consider donating to the GALS general fund so that when renewal time comes around it will not be so stressful for admins and members. We'll need to come up with about $2,700k. :gah:

As it's the beginning of the month, it seems like a good time to post a "reminder" for those wanting one and to educate those that may not be aware of this impending expense. It does NOT have to be a big amount ... every penny will help! Plus, I think you'll find your screenname in green to be very slimming. (It IS Gerry's favorite color, after all). :funnyface: Thanks, y'all!

Posted Image

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have to mail it. I ain't never had a credit or debit card. I'll put in the mail today, but since we is po. It won't be much so some of y'all that ain't as po y'all help because we would be sad if we couldn't see one another in here.

Love,

Tracy

Address the envelope to Susan Payette,

but please make the check payable to: GBGALS, note: support (PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR SCREENNAME)

Susan Payette

P.O. Box 17915

Irvine, CA 92623-7915

For people with bad eyes like mine. I was not able to catch that flashy banner thing so if anyone is in the stone age with me and have never bought anything via the internet or paypal and still use checks and snail mail. Here is where it goes.

Love,

Tracy

If I had money myself I would donate but for now I encourage everyone else to donate! Or else I will haunt you XD

Paige :wave:

Big hugs, and many thanks to everyone who contributes, no matter the amount!

As of this evening I should be caught up on all contributions for the year...if you haven't received a thank you/acknowledgement email (or pm) from me on behalf of the Admins and Mod Squad, please let me know.

Hugs,

Barb

• 2 weeks later...

As of this evening I should be caught up on all contributions for the year...if you haven't received a thank you/acknowledgement email (or pm) from me on behalf of the Admins and Mod Squad, please let me know.

Hugs,

Barb

Wow that is so sweet, but is it necessary?

That sounds like a lot of work for you all.

Love,

Tracy :hug1:

Thanks Snap! And thank you Tracy - every bit does help and I have your check - just haven't gotten to the bank to deposit it yet. We appreciate everyone's contributions no matter the size. It's the size of your heart not the size of your check that is most important. Love you all!!

Hugs,

Barb

Wow that is so sweet, but is it necessary?

That sounds like a lot of work for you all.

Love,

Tracy :hug1:

Aw, thanks, Tracy!

Yes, it's necessary :hearts:

Gotta send our thanks, but also our acknowledgement...that way we're assured that the funds were received and applied to the correct account and contributors don't have to worry if their contribution was ever received!

I was a member of another fan club that 'lost' several of the checks I had sent to their site owner...and since I sent money orders, the lost money was lost forever. So that's why I volunteered to do the ty/acknowledgement emails for GALS!

:metoyou:

~Barb :D

• 2 weeks later...

New month, new bump! We've got a BIG bill due in less than 6 months. It helps to collect a little at a time so it's not so nerve-racking in March. THANKS, Y'ALL!

Just a reminder to all the younger gals who may not be able to actually send cash. I bet you buy or know people who buy things though Amazon.com. Use the link from GALS and they get a cut. Again. It adds up. Anytime I shop thru Amazon I use the GALS link.

• 4 weeks later...

OK GALS, how do I go about donating by debit or credit?

To pay online, please use www.paypal.com (You will have to have a paypal account established in order to use this method. If you do not have a paypal account, you can set one up easily by following the instructions here.) Once you have logged in to your established paypal account, simply click the "SEND MONEY" tab at the top of the page. At the "send money" page, complete the following information:

TO: drem@gerardbutlergals.com

AMOUNT: $??

FOR: "Service"

In the memo portion, PLEASE INDICATE YOUR SCREENNAME.

Click continue; confirm payment source; review your payment and SEND! *viola*

:thankyou:

Spot

Newbie here...

I have a few Phantom of the Opera items I have created in my inventory that I would either like to donate to GALS as prizes for a future event, or auction them off (wether through here somehow or on eBay) and donate the full puchase prices to GALS. Since I have no idea who to contact about this, I am posting it here. If one of the MODs could contact me about this, that would be great:)

-Erinn

Newbie here...

I have a few Phantom of the Opera items I have created in my inventory that I would either like to donate to GALS as prizes for a future event, or auction them off (wether through here somehow or on eBay) and donate the full puchase prices to GALS. Since I have no idea who to contact about this, I am posting it here. If one of the MODs could contact me about this, that would be great:)

-Erinn

Hi, Erinn! Thanks for your generosity! You need to contact Susan~Sporran if you'd like to donate your items to our Vegas Raffle/Auction (proceeds go to Susan G. Komen and/or other charities sponsored by GALS Charitable Foundation). Jenn is the Moderator that runs our contests and I'm sure she'd love to have some prizes!

OH! I almost forgot! :welcome:

Spot

• 4 weeks later...