Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
nessie

TIFF 2008

Hello ladies. I have not posted on Gals for a long time. Tried to navigate the site looking for a TIFF get together thread but couldn't find any. I'm planning to go and would love to hook up with those of you who are going.

If there is an exisiting thread, would appreciate directing me there. Thanks a bunch!

Carol

Hi Carol. I think there were a couple threads, but this will do. I plan on going to TIFF. I'm in NY only 1 hr 1/2 away from Toronto. I've been going to TIFF for the last few years. I would love to meet up with any GAL who wants to go. I plan on going to see Gerry's new RockNRolla premiere. We are waiting for TIFF to release the film schedules and guest list. We are not 100% sure yet if Gerry will be attending. Some of us have a strong feeling that he will be there as TIFF will be RNR North American Premiere. We won't know for sure unitl August 22 (I think, that date sticks in my head) when the celebrity guest list will be released. So stay tuned!

As luck would have it I will be there for a business meeting and fortunately enough staying in a friend's condo on Bloor. Keeping my fingers crossed that Gerry will make an appearance! I will only be in Toronto for two days...but will definately have my camera in my handbag just in case.

GJewel and Interior Designer,

I'm coming all the way from Phoenix and I can't leave sooner than Sept. 5. I'm hoping that Gerry will be attending and RNR will not be shown at the start of TIFF on Sept. 4. I have family in Toronto to visit so it will be like hitting two birds with one stone. I was there in 2005 for Beowulf and saw Gerry up close but didn't get to go to the after party. I will be going to the TIFF showings with my sister but would love to hang out and star-watch with any of you along Yorkville during the day. There are also some Canadians on .Net who are planning a lunch get-together on the 6th. You guys game?

Carol/Nessie

Edited by nessie

GJewel and Interior Designer,

I'm coming all the way from Phoenix and I can't leave sooner than Sept. 5. I'm hoping that Gerry will be attending and RNR will not be shown at the start of TIFF on Sept. 4. I have family in Toronto to visit so it will be like hitting two birds with one stone. I was there in 2005 for Beowulf and saw Gerry up close but didn't get to go to the after party. I will be going to the TIFF showings with my sister but would love to hang out and star-watch with any of you along Yorkville during the day. There are also some Canadians on .Net who are planning a lunch get-together on the 6th. You guys game?

Carol/Nessie

I'm thinking about going up to Toronto too. Would appreciate it if you gals kept me in the loop.

Thanks!

I'm thinking of it too, but like others am waiting on the festival's release of film dates and attendees! Which will be in a few weeks.

Hi Gals,

I am also waiting for the TIFF announcements. I will only be in Toronto two days...the 6th and the 7th. I am not sure if I even have time to fit in any films...let alone star gazing. If I know Gerry will be there I may try and fly down a day earlier...but doubtful. The 6th I have already committed to having dinner with a friend. We want to check out this restaurant...it is called Flow. Designed by a very prestigous design firm and very cutting edge. Heard good things about it. Monday I am in a board meeting from late afternoon till 8pm at night. I fly home the very next morning. I would love to meet you all...but my schedule is pretty jammed. Perhaps one year I will make it to Vegas and we can all meet. My sister keeps telling me she wants us to do a sister trip to Vegas. She is wild, crazy and a Scorpio...so I am bound to have a good time. LOL!

If any of you gals see Gerry at TIFF this year, please tell him Lisa sends her love. :cunning:

Lisa

I would love to go since it is about an 8 hr drive, I just hope it fits into the schedule!

Seeing I live here of course I will be going. Is there a list somewhere of people coming in & / or any get together's planned yet? Would love to met some of you? There is an after party I just posted about for Rock N Rolla.

TIFF 2008 ~ Rock N Rolla After Party

Fook! No after party for me! I will be arriving in Toronto on Sept. 6th...after the premier! :tissues:

I fly home on the 9th. Hoping to see a celeb or two. I am really excited about mixing some business with pleasure but disappointed I will not see Gerry. I wonder if he will stay on a few days in Toronto? Ah well...another opportunity will arise I am sure. So close...yet so far away.

:ohbaby: