Gerard Butler GALS

8/6 - Ritchie's RnR Poster

heISmyGspot

YOU GO GALS!!!!!!! When a news announcer can't get over the fact that a movie actor has such a huge following that there are conventions in his name and talks about it on the morning news; that is one awesome actor. You are that awesome actor Gerry. Your lil' loonies will be yours forever. At the least, this lil' loony will always be your fan.

And I totally agree about the men and their sports mania. And it's ALL the sports not one. There is only ONE actor with this kind of attention. Our beautiful, funny Gerry. I don't care what anyone calls me or us. I know what we are about, and it's good, clean, healthy love we have for this very lovable man. So we can all tell the jealous dorks, GO SCRATCH!!!!!!

Jo

Don't care . . . I'm happy to be loony over Gerry. I no longer care if that's how I'm looked at . . . If that's what it is, then that's what it is. I think these things are written by "journalists" who really don't understand how a fandom works. That's their problem, not mine.

And if this happens to other actors, then really who cares? It's just all part of it.

I now see that it's all part of the territory. And I'm in WONDERFUL company!!!

And the sports analogy? I've used that for months now trying to explain to people that it's no different. I know men AND women who obsess over their favorite sports teams, putting up pictures, schedules, etc. on their home walls, in offices, jewelry, etc. And no one says SHITE about that. They go to a game and scream and hell and cheer and wear the uniforms with the numbers of their favorite players. My ex-husband had a "thing" for Mike Piazza and everything for a while was #31! Everything! So, yeah, it IS a double standard. Why was it okay for my husband to be a fan of Mike Piazza, to hunt down his rookie card, to purchase a real MLB jersey with his name and number on the back; buy signed pictures - SOUND FAMILIAR!!!????

No more complaining from me on this subject . . . they can say what they want. I no longer care. I love Gerry, support him and yeah, I will continue to show up when he's at a public event anywhere in California.

Just call me Loony Lisa - and I'm proud to love that man. He deserves my fandom, my adoration and my loyalty.

Lisa

Count this LOON in!!!

Posted Image

I really like your siggy Cherokee! Very nice for your first try. Any tips you can give me would be appreciated. Would like to make one of my own too someday...but not for a bit...I really like the siggy Beachie made for me.

Here we go again with an other GB cinema outing. The story sounds funny. zany and very UK, AGAIN. Let's us hope that it shows off Gerry's talents not only in the looks department but in the acting department. With such a big cast and a fast moving camera, I have a feeling this film will not be my cup of tea. GB has been quoted to say that this character is very much like himself or at least one of his minions thought so. There is no one out there with the Butler presence, so once again Gerry's salvages a movie. Hope springs eternal and I am an optimist.

Don't care . . . I'm happy to be loony over Gerry. I no longer care if that's how I'm looked at . . . If that's what it is, then that's what it is. I think these things are written by "journalists" who really don't understand how a fandom works. That's their problem, not mine.

And if this happens to other actors, then really who cares? It's just all part of it.

I now see that it's all part of the territory. And I'm in WONDERFUL company!!!

And the sports analogy? I've used that for months now trying to explain to people that it's no different. I know men AND women who obsess over their favorite sports teams, putting up pictures, schedules, etc. on their home walls, in offices, jewelry, etc. And no one says SHITE about that. They go to a game and scream and hell and cheer and wear the uniforms with the numbers of their favorite players. My ex-husband had a "thing" for Mike Piazza and everything for a while was #31! Everything! So, yeah, it IS a double standard. Why was it okay for my husband to be a fan of Mike Piazza, to hunt down his rookie card, to purchase a real MLB jersey with his name and number on the back; buy signed pictures - SOUND FAMILIAR!!!????

No more complaining from me on this subject . . . they can say what they want. I no longer care. I love Gerry, support him and yeah, I will continue to show up when he's at a public event anywhere in California.

Just call me Loony Lisa - and I'm proud to love that man. He deserves my fandom, my adoration and my loyalty.

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

I agree totally with everything you said and also with all the other GALS and thank you LSB for the lovely info on what loon means and I feel very good about that explanation of us. I also love the sound a loon makes. I have had the pleasure to hear it often. It is a very beautiful sound in the misty morning when the sun is just coming up and everything is still and quiet. So we can tell 'dorkus

to go "jump" and give up trying to be what he can't be, non-judgemental about someone he has no knowledge of!!!!!!

I have loved this awesome man wayyyyyy too long to not be offended about the things that are said about him. Gerry is so special that other men and even some women are afraid of him. He is such a presence where ever he goes and he takes no c--p from anyone, ever. That is a very strong man there. I was very proud of him when he told that girl "no" to her getting her picture with him on his walk that day in Hollywood (?). He has to have some free time no matter who he is. Paul Newman did the same thing when he took his family out and people asked for his autograph when they were at restaurants or having a day out together. That is their private time. Same goes for Gerry.

Enough said. I am going to bed. I have been working on 'Gerry' steady most of the day, improving him to look more like the real Gerry. I am brain tired and now is when I screw him up!!!!!

Love Ya All!!!!

Joanna

There is no one out there with the Butler presence, so once again Gerry's salvages a movie.

I seriously doubt Gerry's going to "salvage" this movie. This movie is a smart premise, with an excellent ensemble cast, and a great director. It doesn't need Gerry to "salvage" it. At all. It looks pretty dynamite with or without him.

I do think it looks like a good "fit" for him though. Good type of character for him to play. I'm hoping he does well.

It'd be like a big group of middle-aged men showing up at some promotional event for Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 and screaming and carrying on for one of the actresses. Sure it could happen. But it'd raise some eyebrows.

Flat out, that's the funniest picture I've had in my head for a long time! :lmao:

Would they critique each other's clothes, posters and make-up? [[snort]]

This movie will be worth all the debates, of that I have no doubt.

It'd be like a big group of middle-aged men showing up at some promotional event for Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 and screaming and carrying on for one of the actresses. Sure it could happen. But it'd raise some eyebrows.

Flat out, that's the funniest picture I've had in my head for a long time! :lmao:

Would they critique each other's clothes, posters and make-up? [[snort]]

This movie will be worth all the debates, of that I have no doubt.

Oh My Goodness!!!!! Nay, I can see that in my minds eye and with an artistic vent such as mine, that is a pretty funny picture :woohoo: !!!!!!!!! I have seen those guys and some of them have got to be more goofy than any of us loonies!!!!!! In the cold some of them undress!!!! We have never been that loony? Nope, never would we insult Gerry that way or ourselves. But you are right, make up and undressed in sub-zero weather???!!!! Silly posters and screaming. That is more than any 'loony' of us would ever be!!!!!

Joanna

I have seen those guys and some of them have got to be more goofy than any of us loonies!!!!!! In the cold some of them undress!!!! We have never been that loony? Nope, never would we insult Gerry that way or ourselves. But you are right, make up and undressed in sub-zero weather???!!!! Silly posters and screaming. That is more than any 'loony' of us would ever be!!!!!

Wait a minute, what? What guys are you talking about?? I'm confused.

I have seen those guys and some of them have got to be more goofy than any of us loonies!!!!!! In the cold some of them undress!!!! We have never been that loony? Nope, never would we insult Gerry that way or ourselves. But you are right, make up and undressed in sub-zero weather???!!!! Silly posters and screaming. That is more than any 'loony' of us would ever be!!!!!

Luv, have you never seen a football game in Wisconsin?

Luv, have you never seen a football game in Wisconsin?

Thanks Lisa. You are so right. The guys go nuttsy over the football games to an extreme, extreme!!!!!

Jo

Sweet Luv,

Just take a peek at one of the football games in Wisconsin this fall and see how the men act over football!!!!! And gander at the temps that they take their clothes off in!!!! I know there are other football teams with goofy fans like that, taht paint their bodies and remove their clothes in sub-zero weather!!!!! We can be proud of our obssesion and our more proper behavior over this awesome man. Only men seem to have a problem with Gerry, or at least it seems so. I still feel it's jealousy. Gerry has an awesome quality that I have never, ever seen, heard or felt in any other actor. Gawd I love this man!!!!!

Jo

There is no one out there with the Butler presence, so once again Gerry's salvages a movie.

I seriously doubt Gerry's going to "salvage" this movie. This movie is a smart premise, with an excellent ensemble cast, and a great director. It doesn't need Gerry to "salvage" it. At all. It looks pretty dynamite with or without him.

I do think it looks like a good "fit" for him though. Good type of character for him to play. I'm hoping he does well.

If I'm not mistaken she meant that Gerry will salvage the movie for HER because it doesn't seem like her kind of movie but she'll see it because of him. This is a movie that without Gerry in it I likely wouldn't go to see, I've not seen any of Guy's previous movies yet (though I have Lock, Stock saved on my DVR to watch prior to the release of RnR). Heck, I didn't think "300" was "my kind of movie" until I saw the trailer at Comic Con 2 years ago then I was hooked and would have seen it even without Gerry in it. But then I wouldn't have been at Comic Con 2 years ago if not for Gerry being in "300". I will probably end up liking RnR even though it's not "my kind of movie" at first glance. I'm not sure I could say the same about "Game". I will see it, and maybe it will surprise me and I'll like it, but my initial impression is that it is very much not my kind of film. Gerry's wide-ranging choice of genres has expanded my film-watching horizons greatly, and probably will continue to do so in the future.

Do you know what it all boils down to with all these journos going on about Gerry fans in general is they feel women of a certain age should be seen and not heard and just stay at home like the good little housewives most of you are. Have they never been to a Donny Osmond Concert!!!!!!!!!!!!. :yay:

I remember the first time my mum came with me to New York to see Hugh Jackman in The Boy From Oz she turned round and said to me at one stage he made her feel all moist!!!!!!. I fell about laughing as it was so out of character for my mum to even talk like that but Hugh did something for her.

:funnyface:

The last time I ever heard my mum speak like that was when I was 5 and she said she wished my dad's arse look liked Glen Campbell's in a pair of jeans. :funnyup:

You've all hit the nail on the head re men who go to sports game whether it be football or whatever. Age is no barrier for acting like a numpty when your team scores.

Moira

Do you know what it all boils down to with all these journos going on about Gerry fans in general is they feel women of a certain age should be seen and not heard and just stay at home like the good little housewives most of you are.

You've all hit the nail on the head re men who go to sports game whether it be football or whatever. Age is no barrier for acting like a numpty when your team scores.

Moira

Agreed! I agree with all you Gals with the passion of a thousand suns, and see it as such a double standard! When I mention my love of the Boston Red Sox and can mention player stats, scores from years ago, wear my favorite player's shirts, pay money to go watch a game, or celebrate with other fans, guys find that amazing and blah blah blah. But let me talk about my favorite actor's resume, or even mention how I belong to a fan site and oh all of a sudden I become a "groupie" instead of a fan. Ugh.

Also, I am glad that it has been brought to attention that Gerry is a major money maker in terms of bringing different people to movies that might not be geared to them. I would NOT have seen Nim's Island or PSILY if Gerry had not been in them. It's a fact. Gerry can indeed bring in a crowd and draw a whole new audience to a movie!

Moira,

My mom is the same way about Gerry, and she is 80 years old! I agree.... and this is something I've been harping about since I joined Gerry fandom. I do not like being limited to anyone's ideal or expectations of who I should be, or how I should act, just because I am a certain age.

I do not see how middle aged women acting girly and goofy over a male actor is ANY different than middle aged men whooping it up at sporting events. I do resent being labeled as a loon.... because IMO, that is a sexist comment and was in NO way meant to be complimentary.

I recently saw the film Mama Mia, and my most favorite thing about that movie is that it showed women older than me, acting like teenagers... having fun, remembering their youth... and getting back in touch with their inner 15 year old. That is one of the reasons I LOVE being part of Gerry fandom, because it has helped me to remember that even though I am getting older... I am still the same 17 year old flower girl I always was. I'm not shamed of being part of a great group like GALS, and when we get together at our conventions.... we do let down our hair, "put on our party dress, go out with our girlies, and get a little crazy!"

On the one hand I don't care what people think of me... but on the other, these labels and crude descriptions paint everyone with a broad brush, and I resent that.

I still say it's sexist BS that men can do totally nutty things in support of their favorite team... but let a woman show sexual interest in an attractive actor and she's creaming her jeans. Let her cheer and shout at his public appearances, and she is immature and ridiculous.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Just viewed RnR video #1 and I think Gerry has salvaged the visual (the sceens he was in, the best, yo baby.) His acting is attention getting. Gerry likes high energy, fast pace, fast quips, just like when he is "on" in real life. I am looking forward to this release. The dialog is really very funny from what I have seen. Lets be serious this is a movie a farce and should be viewed as kooky entertainment from the mind of Guy Ritchie.