Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
SouthernGirl28

Anyone here have TMJ problems?

I've had mine since September 30 of last year. It can be a real bother when I eat something that is really hard or chewy. It starts a trend: my jaw hurts, then my ear hurts then my head!

Anyone have a similiar problem??

April

Hi there April!

Girl I so understand this problem! I have battled with this my entire life! It truly is miserable and it can be scary at some points when you can not open your mouth at all! It started for me when I was 15 years old and back then the Doctors always told me that it was just in my mind and that it was growing pains. What a bunche of bull crap!!!!!

I understand your pain Darling...are you seeing a doctor?

Hi there April!

Girl I so understand this problem! I have battled with this my entire life! It truly is miserable and it can be scary at some points when you can not open your mouth at all! It started for me when I was 15 years old and back then the Doctors always told me that it was just in my mind and that it was growing pains. What a bunche of bull crap!!!!!

I understand your pain Darling...are you seeing a doctor?

I did last year after I bit into a hard piece of candy(causing my problem). I have a med that helps but I only take it when I can no longer stand it. I try chewing on the other side :)

I've had mine since September 30 of last year. It can be a real bother when I eat something that is really hard or chewy. It starts a trend: my jaw hurts, then my ear hurts then my head!

Anyone have a similiar problem??

Yes, I suffer from that too...about a month ago my jaw hurt me for a few weeks. It was so frustrating. I was getting headaches,

ear pain, and was very conscious all day of the pain. Knock on wood...I haven't had any issues for the past two weeks. I hope

it stays that way for awhile.

Been there, done that... I've had TMJ since I was 15ish.

It sucks and it hurts.

I was told by my denist (back when I was 15) if it wasn't controlled

and fixed then, that when I was older as an adult, the pain and problems

would be far worse. And I must say, I never had it fixed then and sometimes

the pain now is terrible :unsure:

I feel for you...

I have suffered with TMJ and I can tell you the one thing that works but sounds silly. My doctor told me to keep my tounge at the roof of mouth, and never chew gum. Once you train your tongue , which is very easy to do, the problem goes away . You see, if you do this it keeps you from grinding your teeth which usually leads to TMJ

Edited by ButlersBabe

My husband is a chiropractor and he has had great success treating patients with TMJ. You might want to explore that option. Good luck!