Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
SouthernGirl28

I let someone borrow my copy of Dear Frankie and

the minute they walked out the door I knew I had GALS bad!!! LOL! I haven't took that dvd out of my player since I bought it a few weeks ago! It's one of my favs and it's official I'm crazy! The minute they left I wanted it back! I'm crazy I know :)

Anyone ever had an experience like this??

April

Oh yeah....I hate lending out my gerry movies! My Grandson wanted something a few years ago to watch with his girlfriend on Valentines Day so I gave him Timeline....figured it was fitting for both and it took him months to bring it back!! Now I make them put a deposit down !!!hehehehehehehehehehehehe

:wave: Frannie

Someone 'borrowed' TR2 and Shooters from me without my permission and I never got them back.

NEVER lend out your Gerry movies!!! LOL!!! If you must...make them leave a spleen or something as collateral.

Oh yeah....I hate lending out my gerry movies! My Grandson wanted something a few years ago to watch with his girlfriend on Valentines Day so I gave him Timeline....figured it was fitting for both and it took him months to bring it back!! Now I make them put a deposit down !!!hehehehehehehehehehehehe

LOL! I would too ;)

Someone 'borrowed' TR2 and Shooters from me without my permission and I never got them back.

Janine,

I'm so sorry that's terrible!!

I'm hoping mine is back in a few days :)

I always have this fear of letting someone borrow anything that something will happen to it. Well me being paranoid and all, I figured I would be nice and I decided to let my boss at my second job borrow my There Will Be Blood movie. I WAS trying to be nice!!!!! They borrowed it alright!!! When I went to work that Saturday I picked up my dvd and I had to inspect it! I flipped out!!! My new DVD that I just watched once was scratched all to s**t!!!! I was pissed off to say the least. I played it and it works fine but they never said anything, sorry for scratching it, etc. It's the principle!!! I gave it to you brand new and I get it back scratched up wtf?????

I cannot part with regular dvds let alone Gerry ones. I panicked the other night looking for TIMELINE. I ran from room to room, "omg where is Marek????" over and over. He was right where he was suppose to be waiting for me to calm down and look through the dvds not open the door and close it, say its not there and freak out!

I panic at the thought of lending out my dvds!!!!

Some part of me suffers from ocd.

*steps down off her soapbox*

I NEVER EVER let anyone borrow my GERRY movies! LOL

I have bought my sisters their own copies of a few Gerry movies. I never want to part with mine!

I really wanted to watch Dear Frankie tonight, only to realize that I allowed a good friend of mine to borrow it a few months back when she started falling for Gerry. Needless to say my right eye started to twitch. Ugh.

I really wanted to watch Dear Frankie tonight, only to realize that I allowed a good friend of mine to borrow it a few months back when she started falling for Gerry. Needless to say my right eye started to twitch. Ugh.

OMG Jenny, you crack me the fook up! I lent a (male) co-worker 300 so he could see all the extras, etc. I was biting my nails and fingers down to stumps til I got it back.

Edited by hobbes3

QUOTE (Jenny85 @ Aug 10 2008, 12:10 AM)

LMAO!!!!

I always have this fear of letting someone borrow anything that something will happen to it. Well me being paranoid and all, I figured I would be nice and I decided to let my boss at my second job borrow my There Will Be Blood movie. I WAS trying to be nice!!!!! They borrowed it alright!!! When I went to work that Saturday I picked up my dvd and I had to inspect it! I flipped out!!! My new DVD that I just watched once was scratched all to s**t!!!! I was pissed off to say the least. I played it and it works fine but they never said anything, sorry for scratching it, etc. It's the principle!!! I gave it to you brand new and I get it back scratched up wtf?????

I cannot part with regular dvds let alone Gerry ones. I panicked the other night looking for TIMELINE. I ran from room to room, "omg where is Marek????" over and over. He was right where he was suppose to be waiting for me to calm down and look through the dvds not open the door and close it, say its not there and freak out!

I panic at the thought of lending out my dvds!!!!

Some part of me suffers from ocd.

*steps down off her soapbox*

Don't we all??!!

I have FINALLY decided NEVER to lend anything out-- There have been too many times I have lent out books, cds, dvds, etc only to never get them back. And even when I ask for it they say they forgot where they put it or some other excuse. And also not even offering to replace whatever it was.

I will never lend out my Gerry stuff- I would go completely Batty. I'm already batty enough without having to worry about my Gerry stuff!

Annemarie

LOL, Poppy & Hobbes. I am so serious. I was driving home and decided to make a night out of watching Dear Franking, planning what to make for dinner and such. I go through my collection and suddenly remember she has it and I got so aggravated. I am not usually ocd with my things, a group of my really close friends and I always swap clothes, shoes, makeup, magazines, and DVD's. I never realized until now that any and all Gerry movies are now excluded from my list of "sharables". I feel like Smegal (sp?) from Lord of the Rings. Gerry movies ARE my precious!

For me I think it's a Murphy's Law thing...I figure as soon as I lend someone one of my Gerry movies, I will have the

urge to watch that particular movie in a day or so and realize I lent it out!!!

Here's a suggestion...invite that person over to watch it at your house! I was going to lend my friend PSILY,

and it's not that I don't want to..but she is so busy with three kids all day, I thought it would be nice if we had a girl's

movie night at my house. She'll get a break from the family, and I'll still have the movie..ha!

the minute they walked out the door I knew I had GALS bad!!! LOL! I haven't took that dvd out of my player since I bought it a few weeks ago! It's one of my favs and it's official I'm crazy! The minute they left I wanted it back! I'm crazy I know :)

Anyone ever had an experience like this??

April

I too learned my lesson the hard way. Lent some movies out and NEVER got them back. Learned that one real quick. It is the same thing with clothes and music now for me

Did you know that there are laws on the books that list reasons for JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE? I really think this should be included as one of them.

You all are hilarious! But I'm the same way. I never let my Gerry movies go anywhere unless I'm there to watch it with them. Except in this one instance when my daughter's teacher wanted to see 300, I let her borrow it and she misplaced it for months and months and I didn't get it back until the end of the school year. Thank goodness I had two copies and she had the one without the extras. My sister has a movie of mine, (non Gerry) and my step brother has one (non Gerry) that I haven't gotten back in months, in my sb's case, years, so I'm kinda paranoid. :D I've actually told people I CANNOT part with the movies so they CANNOT borrow them.

I NEVER EVER lend out *anything* anymore. I learned real quick that if I do, I either won't get it back even if I ask for it, or if I do it's not returned in the same condition as when I lent it to them. People are so inconsiderate!

Just a few weeks ago, my mother-in-law was over and went thru my baskets of dvds. She pulled out Timeline (she has no idea of my Gerry addiction - why did she have to pick *that* one?!) and asked to borrow it. I said Sure! Took it from her hands and promptly placed it the dvd player and proceeded to make her sit there until the movie was over before she could leave! LOL

Yes, I am *very* OC about my things. :tantrum:

Hey Girl!

April, I assure you Hun that you are not alone! I lent my Gerry movie out once, to one of my co-workers and I did not see it back for at least 2 months. I kept asking her if she has watched it and her response was the annoying"Ummm..not yet". :doh: I told myself that I will never ever again lend them out. They're so valuable to me .....I've even considered buying extra copies just in case I ever lose one or if one gets damaged. So Darling...you are not alone!! ;) My advice is NEVER lend them out!!!! :p

I feel like watcing Dear Frankie tonight....one of my top favorites!

Love and Blessings,

Elizabeth

Thanks ladies! ;) I'm glad to know I'm not alone :)

I think the biggest reason I freaked was because I bought DF on impulse because I'd had a horrible week and I knew I didn't neccessarily have the money but bought it anyway!

It was my "I've had a h*ll of a week gift to myself!

You all are so funny!

April

Ladies

somethings in life are not for sharing Gerry's movies being one and peshwari nan bread is another :funnyup:

Moira

A few weeks ago my DVD machine broke and Dear frankie was stuck in there. :tissues:

The machine was KAPUT and so was frankie ....OMG

Next day... :fans: I got a new DVD machine and MOVIE.

Can't live without that movie...don't want to :tens:

Hugs

Dane

When Lizzie and the Stranger first meet she trys to soften the conversation by asking about the interesting places he has been too, being a seaman. He comes right back at her, deflects the question and shakes her confidence. You should know you have been writing from them for years. He is not a seaman and didn't want to get into more deceptions than necessary. The apparent display of uneasiness talking and asking for money. He was just acting the entire time. A favour for his sister, Marie. Watched that sceen last week and the dialog just jumped into my mind. (brilliant story writing) like a detective novel a mystery. "Dear Frankie" had so many facets. I wish it were in book form I would love to have it, when I travel. What do you think?

Guest greyeyegoddess

Wow, interesting thread.

When Gerry was up and coming, people were lending out movies, or buying extras so that they could share, because we had to share the Gerry Juice.

I had two copies of DF-one from the UK, because it was released in the UK a month before the US. And of course two copies of POTO. Don't ask me how many copies of 300 I have.

But I never got my US DF back. It went from one home to another to another ...and poof. But people really liked it and that's what I wanted to hear. Luckily I had my UK version, which no one else could play anyways. POTO came back months later without the original cover. Again, luckily I had the two disk version in my hands still.

Nowadays, I can copy movies if someone hasn't seen it, but I'll usually find a reason to buy a copy for Christmas, birthdays, and holidays like that.

~alice

:music: