Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
dita

Gerry signing autographs at elegy premiere

Oh, well. I'm weird. With Gerry's whole "Lolita" theme and the sexual subject matter -- just seems like something he'd dig. But for all I know he slept through the thing...

I'd still like to see it, though...

I don't see any rudeness at all. He finally is saying no when there are other things going on, and other committments he needs to attend to. Good for him, and I sure would like to see him say NO more often. He is taking charge of his career on a number of levels, and that can't be a bad thing.

:bow2:

I notice that Gerry won't take pics when he is dressed down. Afterall he didn't look his best in that video. Maybe he knows he is looking bad lately.

There was a time when the old Gerry would never be rude to any fan. I felt bad when I saw that video.

You all have your opinions and this is mine. Its like when you have children and you stick up for them even when they are wrong.

When your wrong your wrong., and when your down right rude, your down right rude. Sorry...

I notice that Gerry won't take pics when he is dressed down. Afterall he didn't look his best in that video. Maybe he knows he is looking bad lately.

There was a time when the old Gerry would never be rude to any fan. I felt bad when I saw that video.

You all have your opinions and this is mine. Its like when you have children and you stick up for them even when they are wrong.

When your wrong your wrong., and when your down right rude, your down right rude. Sorry...

Of course you're allowed your opinion - that's what makes this board so wonderful. But what pictures were YOU looking at?

I was looking at these absolutely stunning ones:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And just to address him being rude, do you have any idea how many "fans" have been rude to him over the past 5 or so years???? But that wasn't a fan, anyway, so he's allowed to be rude.

I'm stopping . . . cause . . . :escape:

Edited by phoenixgirl

I was referring to the video where he told her no to her request for a pic with him.

I don't think he looks well in your pics you just posted. We each have our favorites.

I don't think its ever nice to be rude to anybody. If someone is rude to me, I turn the other cheek and walk away.

I don't know why he told her NO, but I'm sure he had his reasons.

I just don't like anyone being mean to anyone no matter what the reason. I remember when Gerry would always be kind. If he is sick of the paparazzi's, well they come the territory, they come with fame and they are rude and nasty, but without them, how many pics of Gerry would be see?

I'm sure Gerry is grown up enough and wise enough to handle the razzies.

I know if I asked him for a pic and he said NO, I would stand there and cry., I would be so hurt is all I'm saying. Forgive me for actually voicing my opinion for once.

Of course you're allowed your opinion - that's what makes this board so wonderful. But what pictures were YOU looking at?

MOD EDIT: REMOVED QUOTED IMAGES

And just to address him being rude, do you have any idea how many "fans" have been rude to him over the past 5 or so years???? But that wasn't a fan, anyway, so he's allowed to be rude.

Gorgeous pics. And he looked good at Comic Com. I don't see half the 'whatever' others see now and then at all. I think he's got a few good weeks left in him.

As for rudeness? This is crazy. If people are truly this upset over nothing the poor man is doomed. I do sometimes wonder if the actors without "devoted fans" are not the lucky ones.

JB

Edited by Songbird
removed quoted pics

As for rudeness? This is crazy. If people are truly this upset over nothing the poor man is doomed. I do sometimes wonder if the actors without "devoted fans" are not the lucky ones.

:lmao: Great point!!!!

Guest Pilar

oooo! What yummy pictures, Lisa.....thanks! I haven't seen those.

Di....I understand....and I can see why some of you may be a little put off by his response...

In MY view....I saw him as being a little tired and flustered and just wanting to get the h*ll into the theater! LOL!

We all have our moments.

XO

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/shaynalisa/th_50.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/shaynalisa/th_a2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/shay...iety-elegy-.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/shaynalisa/th_w1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/shaynalisa/th_15-1.jpg

I'm stopping . . . cause . . . :escape:

I think even Gerry himself thought he was abrupt and borderline rude that is why he looked up and stuck out his tongue...this could go on and on, he was in a hurry and just wanted to oblige a few fans with autographs and he was just trying to cut away and get inside...if he treats his fans badly it will hurt his image he's worked hard to build.

Edited by Songbird

Oh, well. I'm weird. With Gerry's whole "Lolita" theme and the sexual subject matter -- just seems like something he'd dig. But for all I know he slept through the thing...

:doh: I didn't EVEN make the Lolita connection! :lol:

You're not weird Holl... not much, anyway. :pillowfight: (Takes one to know one, huh?)

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO ALL MEMBERS:

WHEN QUOTING POSTS THAT INCLUDE IMAGES/PICTURES, PLEASE CHANGE THEM TO LINKS BY REMOVING THE TAGS. THANK YOU!!!!!!

You know when someone has a personality that is always "up" we love them for that. Then when this person is having a bad day, is out of sorts, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I was also thinking that the New York weather might be bothering him too, making him cranky. It appears to me that GB likes to have quiet time in his mind even if he is out and about. This lad is a THINKER and with all that is going on in his life he must be juggling thoughts a mile a minute. Will get to see "Elegy" next weekend, looking forward to it. From the video after the movie I felt the movie hit more than a raw nerve in the man. Saw VCB this afternoon. It came across to me as a pure Woody Allen comedy. If you want raw sexuality in film, check out Ralph Fiennes in the "English Patient"

:lmao: Great point!!!!

I believe that tempers have calmed. We hope it can remain this way. Thank you for your cooperation.

This is a tricky subject for him but I still have to put it down to it not being his premiere and he was gracious enugh in the frst place to actually stop and sign when he really did not have to. As for her being a true fan who knows - i know myself like I said in an earlier post if I'm in London and happen to come across a premiere I'll stick around if I think some big celebs will show and you may just see someone you like.

He was not averse to getting his pic taken that night with anybody as there was that blogger who just happened to show and ended up getting her pic taken with a few and Gerry seemed to be actually holding the camera taking the pic so he was not unobliging so I have to assume it is like what people have said he either signs or you get a photo - there is a chance he maybe felt if he takes one photo he will get asked for more and wanted to get in - he could be running late as per norm!

As for the incident on Robertson Boulevard I think we can all safely say those 2 girls he said no to in the same way as the woman at the elegy premiere may have been "fans" of his but a true fan seeing him in that situation would never have approached him.

I am a believer in that when you come into this profession you have to accept that your life is very public and it is up to you if you choose to have your life public or you conduct your personal life away from the papz and I think Gerry has done a great job so far. He is seen when he wants to be and he knows where the papz hang out so he cannot complain if he so chooses to frequent said establishments. To be honest there has not been many incidents that he can really complain of press/media intrusion.

Nim's was his last proper public event and he could not have been nicer - he was signing and taking photos but I do believe if you want both you make sure someone takes a photo of you and him whilst he signs so you don't have to ask for both and possibly get the knock back.

I was actually thinking re the elegy knockback if she had said Gerry I'm a GAL/Tart can I have a pic if he would have acted any differently or if it was the fact she had asked for both autograph and pic. Do you remember when he came back from filming Nim's and he was in New York and a young woman stopped him - I think she was of Asian origin(pic in fan pics) and said her mum was a GAL and loved him and he was so obliging and told her a few times to remember and tell her mum he said hi. He couldn't have been nicer so he is approachable in the streets. He could easily have given the abrupt no to her too but he was lovely to her.

I personally think if I was to ever bump into him on the street I'd hope I wouldn't freak out but just say something like "Hey Gerry I'm a huge fan, A GAL and would it be too much trouble to get a pic, I understand if you'd rather not as it's quite busy and I wouldn't want to bring too much attention to you". I'd like to think with being so respectful towards him he'd either oblige and have a little chit chat or be nice enough back with his decline and not give an abrupt NO. There are times and places to approach celebs and I would never in a restaurant or when they are eating at a pavement cafe etc as he often does.

Moira

:doh: I didn't EVEN make the Lolita connection! :lol:

You're not weird Holl... not much, anyway. :pillowfight: (Takes one to know one, huh?)

FRIENDLY REMINDER TO ALL MEMBERS:

WHEN QUOTING POSTS THAT INCLUDE IMAGES/PICTURES, PLEASE CHANGE THEM TO LINKS BY REMOVING THE TAGS. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Edited by hotlips70

Once again!! He's out and about but still signing autographs! Maybe I'm wrong but I still say he doesn't have to be so harsh! A sorry but no would have sounded a lot better than the way he said it! I'm gonna tell you and you can all disagree because I have been told that some fans think the man can do no wrong! I for one think a little politeness goes a long way and sadly there is not enough of that in this world today!

And someone said he's just a real person.....that's my point exactly....he is not PERFECT! Just some people will think he's getting too big for his britches and I would hate for people to think that! I visited a board the other day and the comments made there about Gerry sickened me! That's all I'm saying. My rose colored glasses came off me a long time ago! Beat me if you want but he could have been a little more polite! I've said my piece and that's all I will say on this matter!

:lalala: Frannie P.S. I didn't hear him explain anything to the girl...if he did than that would be better! I'll go back and check it out again!

I agree. As for the fans being rude to him. I'm sure the fans who have adored him far outweigh the rude ones. She did "ask", not shove in there. I think he did realize he sounded harsh and tried to buffer it a little. Yep, he's human.

Edited by Bontobengal

I finally watched the video - a few times - and I didn't think his tone of voice sounded harsh at all, he just said no, then explained he had to go or he'd never get where he was going, then cutely stuck out his tongue and smiled. He has the right to say "no" to requests, it's his time and his life and this wasn't even his premiere. He didn't sound ticked off, just hurried, rightfully so. I didn't think he was rude or impolite to her.

I guess I must be tired because it took me about 12 secs before I realized my sound was down while watching the video. Once the tongue came out no sound was needed. :cunning: Hey, I have a newborn my brain doesn't function as fast as it used to.

continue...

Cassie

Hey, I try to walk in someone's shoes in this video. Gerry is the one under public scrutiny and a great amount of pressure, so you have an off day, any of us, what's the big deal? I would suggest making a list of the pros and cons of Gerry's relationship with people, and I mean by the thousands that we know of. I say his fantastic people skills come shinning through each time. I did not see anything amiss in that video. Gerry Butler is a really nice guy.