Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
GreenEyes

7/17 July's ELLE interview

LOL, Em.....that reminds me of what he blurted out at the Taurus awards a year back, which I won't repeat here. A remark that made me murmur under my breath..."Ooops, G!" But I had a laugh about it. He tends to say things off the cuff that maybe he regrets later? *Shrugs*

Thanks again for sharing your experience. Love hearing EVERYBODY'S account.

XO

Yes..........I was reminded of what he said at the Taurus Awards, but this went further, in that he mentioned a specific person! And there was no mistaking, from his tone of voice (I was there), what he meant by being "in" Halle Berry..........It also reminds me of "I just kissed------arse" which was cut off the Craig Ferguson Show. (Sorry, I forget that actress' name).

I could just imagine his PR people wringing their hands over this Halle Berry comment.

I know.......I have no sense of humor! Maybe I do have to "lighten up." I am still smarting from the Sea World comment, I guess.........

You see...........I kind of agreed with his comparison of fans and the seals of Sea World. Maybe that's what really bothered me.

:hmm:

Edited by Emily Bronte

Perhaps the specific incidents regarding Comic Con and Taurus Awards Show discussions should be moved to threads of that nature.

It just doesn't seem like we're On Topic in this particular thread.

Guest DonnaKat

“...there are moments in which I am wishing to be with someone. Principally when I travel and finish alone in a hotel room”, he unburdens himself.

:cunning::hubba:

Yes, I know...I'm so bad. You gotta admit, the way that's translated comes across as rather....funny...though.

Guest DonnaKat

“...there are moments in which I am wishing to be with someone. Principally when I travel and finish alone in a hotel room”, he unburdens himself.

Gerry, you should have called me. I would have been happy to help you unburden yourself.

Okay, okay, I know...but it's much better than arguing, don't you think??

:hubba::hump:

Gerry, you should have called me. I would have been happy to help you unburden yourself.

Okay, okay, I know...but it's much better than arguing, don't you think??

:hubba::hump:

:lmao: I still adore you, you know!

There are moments when I'm wishing him to be with me, too . . . or did I say that already? :rotflmao:

Lisa

I've set some posts invisible. I believe everyone has cooled their jets...once again. :clap:

Now maybe we CAN get back to topic. Discussing Gerry's personal inner development over the years is fine, but when continually addressing particular events where he's appeared, please take the discussion to threads within that particular subject matter.

Thanks, everyone. :wave:

Songbird

Guest DonnaKat

Poor Gerry....so....burdened.

I hate to see him so burdened.

Is there something we can do to help him, ladies?

:cunning:

I can wash his underwear,

does he wear underwear? :unsure:

Massage oil . . . $10.00

Candles . . . . $30.00

Sexy, calming music CD . . . $15.00

Giving Gerry a full-body - unburdening massage until he . . . melts . . . PRICELESS

I think that'll help.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I can wash his underwear,

does he wear underwear? :unsure:

:funnyup::funnyup:

Oooo, lawd....where my mind went with that one.....

Massage oil . . . $10.00

Candles . . . . $30.00

Sexy, calming music CD . . . $15.00

Giving Gerry a full-body - unburdening massage until he . . . melts . . . PRICELESS

I think that'll help.

Lisa

I just got back from a two week holiday and what should I find on here.....? :lmao:

You guys kill me!!!! Boy, what did I miss!?! :crack::wave:

Post removed for being disrespectful.

*runs in skidding sideways* Damn! I almost missed the fight...I mean fun! Fun!

Okay seriously...welcome to the board. But hypocritical much? You blast people for being "mother hens" in a post that seems to be....umm...protecting him from the meanies that dare to say they are worried about him? So...wouldn't that make you a mother hen too? Kinda? Sorta? A tiny bit?

If people express concern, I think it's only because they care.

He can go completely bald, gain a hundred pounds and lose all of his teeth and I'd still love....um...okay that's a lie. But I still love him right now. :)

Loss of hair and teeth can easily be corrected, and he could probably carry another 50 lbs without much change, so, I'll take him when all you "outer beauty lovers' are thru with him. That's when LIFE will really get interesting.

Sandy

You can all have his body. I want his mind. I love the way he thinks. You all light the candles and do all the sexy stuff. I'll listen to his stories. There is nothing like spending time together in conversation in different enviornments and sharing random thoughts. He sees the world so different. It's quite intriguing how he explains ideas from his view. I guess I'm an "auditory girl".

Sally

I wasn't going to talk about Comic-con.........I've been biting my tongue........... but since everyone else is..........and I do realize this is a fansite. I have been an very admiring and loyal fan of Gerry Butler since 2005. I was lucky enough to be present at the first GALS convention when he made his appearance with Tonya.

I was in the fourth row at Comic-con. Most of the fansites did not get a real feeling of how it went. I did find him rather MOCKING of his audience, and I came away a bit insulted and disiullusioned. While chucking chocolate kisses to the audience, he compared them to the trained seals of Seal World, where he first worked when coming to CA. I know...........I am lacking a sense of humor. But in this case, the joke was at the expense of the audience. I am NOT a trained seal. Perhaps he felt it would go "over the head" of most, but I, unfortunately GOT IT. There was also excessive use of the word "f------." I don't mind once or twice, but he used it throughout, and, all in all, went a bit too far. His "f------ wierd" to the woman in the tiara seemed a bit unkind..........she paused, as if fighting back tears. She was pretty strange, but there are tons of strange costumes at CC.........bottom line, it was unecessary to blurt that out, right to her face. I realize that is part of the territory with GB, but he seemed to be saying whatever popped into his head. Some self control has to be utilized. The thing that bothered me the most was the touch of arrogance, while mocking the audience. In many ways I don't blame him, and agree with him. I saw many others..........Hugh Jackman, Keanu Reeves, etc., etc., but none of them acted in this way..........none disrespected their audience in this manner.

I am still "digesting" this myself. I am still a fan. A tad bit disillusioned fan. There HAS been a change from a year or two ago with Gerry. Afterall, no one stays the same forever.

Bottom line for me: I still like this handsome, charming, charismatic actor..........I am still fascinated, but I realize that he is simply not what he was four years ago. But then, who of us can say that we are?

I will certainly continue to follow his career with interest and wish him the best, but no more "trained seal" for me. Comic-con was a reality check for me. Maybe it was for him, too........

Judy

:inshade::2cents::tissues:

I'm so sorry that you came away with that reaction to Gerry's actions. I saw it completely differently.

He has become so at ease with his "fans" that he feels he can say "what is on his mind" and not have to be so guarded. He was making eye contact with people he knew and waving to others he recognized. That was so obvious to me, that he was glad to see HIS FANS there, showing all the other cast members that his fans and he have a special bond. I think he honestly wanted to share the chocolates with his fans. He thought they were good and wanted to share in some way with the fans that had taken their time to support him there. I think the ACTION of throwing the chocolates out suddenly reminded him of Sea World and, Gerry being Gerry, shared that with his fans as well. I think most people actually got a good laugh out it. There again, sharing something from his past that maybe some of his fans might be interested in. I don't think that the "trained seals" idea would ever have occured to him. I think the only difference you see in Gerry today and four years ago is that he is more confident in his trade, and he has more confidence in his fan base. I have NEVER heard him utter anything other than praise and pride about his fanbase. He has repeatedly told the world how proud he is that his fans actually CARE about him and GET him, and has nothing but praise for all of his fansites for their charitable endeavors in his name and the relationships they have formed with one another. It breaks my heart for people to interpret his kinship with his fans as degrading them. He is only letting them know that he GETS them too, and that he is very proud that they show up to support him. When someone said, "And don't pretend you don't like it." He QUICKLY responded, "I love it." How could anyone think he was degrading his fans when he QUICKLY let all there know that he LOVES their very special attention. By the way, for most of us, we DO still see the Glasgow boy there. He has just, thru fans continued love and support and letting him BE the little boy from Glasgow without to many repercustions, developed some confidence, some knowledge of the business he lives in, and some integrity knowing that he can be GERRY and still have the love and support of his fans because they REALLY GET him, the real Gerry. I hope you can continue to see GERRY for as long as he decides to be in this industry. I know he would really be hurt to think that someone misinterpreted his actions to mean something hurtful. I don't believe there is a mean bone in that beautiful body. The spirit I have always seen in this man would not allow him to be cruel, especially to a fan. I'm sorry, I just could never except that interpretation of any of his actions. I sincerely hope that you will rethink that particular incident and examine it for a better meaning.

Sandy

Well, not to go TOO off-topic - but I had read somewhere that Mr. Butler had said that he wouldn't have the heart to say "No" to his fans, even if he wanted to. Which is perfectly understandable.

Actually, even if he were like that, I personally wouldn't hold it against him. In fact, I'd consider it a plus.

All I was saying is that he didn't seem his usual buoyant self during interviews, but then he could have been just relaxed and not as vibrant as usual. Although the comment about Halle Berry, considering she's a married woman with a newborn, is still quite shocking and I find that side of his character unattractive and offensive indeed. He certainly doesn't need to use it, he is more than capable of providing an intelligent and "clean" witty comment then having to resort to that kind of talk. But then again, that's just my opinion.

Edited by Emily-Mackenzie

In the past, hasn't Gerry had traumatic experiences with his fans that has embarassed or hurt him so much that it has brought him to tears?

Perhaps his reaction is just a hurt one?

I'm sorry to make assumptions but there is always a reason as to why someone reacts in a nasty way.

Edited by Pina

In the past, hasn't Gerry had traumatic experiences with his fans that has embarassed or hurt him so much that it has brought him to tears?

Perhaps his reaction is just a hurt one?

I'm sorry to make assumptions but there is always a reason as to why someone reacts in a nasty way.

I believe I so. Any traumatic event would certainly would make it more understandable (even though its no excuse, I suppose) for a person to behave in such a way.

Guest DonnaKat

*sigh* :gah:

I wonder how heavy and cumbersome that burden of Gerry's is.

I'm wondering how many ways I can euphanize this quote.

I'm wondering if euphanize is a word.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't euthphanize this thread.

*sigh* :gah:

I wonder how heavy and cumbersome that burden of Gerry's is.

I'm wondering how many ways I can euphanize this quote.

I'm wondering if euphanize is a word.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't euthphanize this thread.

DK, I THINK I would agree with you, but I'm...not sure....what you are .....talking ...about!?!

*quizical look on face. Madly thumbing through dictionary* :hmm:

This is like a spelling bee....please use it in a sentence! :unsure:

Is there any more popcorn left?

Guest DonnaKat

Gerry makes me happy. If you click on the picture and make him grow, he will make you happy too.

And now, it's time to chant the "Happy Gerry Zen Chant":

"Look into the swim trunks.

Look into the swim trunks.

Ohhhhmmmmm...."

Posted Image

There, now doesn't that make everyone happy happy feelgood???

And once again this article confirms what some of us have seen all along. This man's heart and soul ARE beautiful. I don't care if he fook's up sometimes. I don't care if he is caught hanging out at clubs and appears to be a playboy. I don't care if he makes lots of money, or if his film roles are questionable or if some folks think he's just in it for the fame.

He is a beautiful human being.

He knows when he's vulnerable

He knows when he's in danger of succumbing to pride

And he knows when it's time to pull back.

I adore him.

Swannie

:bow: Thank You , Thank You Beautiful Swannie. This is what I said made me fall in love with this awesome man soooo long ago! He is a Human man and he is totally beautiful. All the way through, from the top of his awesome head to the bottom of his cute feet. The man is just too fantastic for words. But you have put it just right. Thank You so much Sweet Swannie.

Hugs GAL,

:archie: AOGJo

Gerry makes me happy. If you click on the picture and make him grow, he will make you happy too.

And now, it's time to chant the "Happy Gerry Zen Chant":

"Look into the swim trunks.

Ohhhhmmmmm...."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Don...modestgerry.jpg

There, now doesn't that make everyone happy happy feelgood???

mmmmmmmmmmm...swim trunks!! Feeling happy!!! :cunning: Thanks DK :kisswink:

Edited by heISmyGspot
to convert quoted image to link

WILL THE REAL GB PLEASE STAND UP ???

DLSPBS - PAT :rose:

Edited by DLSPBS