Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
GreenEyes

7/17 July's ELLE interview

Guest DonnaKat

You're very welcome, Razberry. And now I think it's time to go spread the Happy Gerry Swimming Trunk Zen love to the masses....

Edited by DonnaKat

DK i thought that was going to be one of those web picks where if you stare at it a long time.... the smiley face disappears...but it didnt...i had to use my imagination... :cunning:

DK i thought that was going to be one of those web picks where if you stare at it a long time.... the smiley face disappears...but it didnt...i had to use my imagination... :cunning:

Okay, that made me think . . . what if the smilie face disappeared and something horrifying jumped out at you on the screen? OMG - my students made me look at one of those once - well, it's wasn't Gerry in a swimsuit, but that's what Nance's post made me think of.

Sorry - back to fun . . .

Lisa, please don't give me ideas. You know I'm not normal. :funnyface:

But that's part of the appeal . . . I don't think I would know what to do with a normal DonnaKat?!

Weird on . . .

Lisa, please don't give me ideas. You know I'm not normal. :funnyface:

But that's part of the appeal . . . I don't think I would know what to do with a normal DonnaKat?!

Weird on . . .

NORMAL - WHATS NORMAL ???

DLSPBS - PAT

Edited by DLSPBS

well, coming from DK... i was expecting something to "spring out" :cunning: :cunning: :cunning: good thing i know that picture like the back of my hand... :pointy:

:bonk::confused::catfight::behave:

*ahem* Please stay on topic. Remember, this thread is about the Elle article and Gerry's personal growth and how he's handling fame.

:thankyou:

:hugs:

Dayna

Guest DonnaKat

Zen Gerry is on topic, no? I try to use him to calm the masses. ;)

I don't think it's working very well. :unsure:

Edited by DonnaKat

No need to feel responsible for the masses here, DK.

Although I do like your euthanasia idea, particularly for this thread. :lalala:

Now, for the love of all that's Gerry, can we please stop the witty reparte and do as requested by our site's owner?

:butterfly::hearts:

Guest DonnaKat

I wasn't aware it was the witty reparte that was getting this topic off topic.

By all means then, carry on. I'll take my Zen Gerry elsewhere, and let the debate continue over whether Gerry thinks his fans are trained seals. After all, that's much more interesting than a swimming trunks Gerry with a strategically placed smiley face. :p

I was just trying to calm everyone. I should know better than to interfere, when it's obvious people are inclined to keep beating this dead horse anyway. I have better things to do with my time and energy.

Good night, y'all.

:funnyup: You are too funny, girl!

Speaking of keeping on topic....since this thread has NOT been euthanised just yet...

I really like how Gerry reveals some of his personal vulnerabilities during interviews. I think he is well aware that the interview is still a way in which he can continue to communicate with his fanbase. I mean, he would never have enough minutes or hours in his lifetime to speak to each of us individually for as long as we may like, so he can cover a lot of territory with his interviews.

oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to skid off the road of topic. I tend to follow the traffic. :kisswink:

Regarding the article, I understand what he means by wishing he had a travelling companion.

I travel all the time and I usually travel alone. There are just some things you want to share with a significant other. When solo, a hotel room is a lonely place. :tissues:

You can all have his body. I want his mind. I love the way he thinks. You all light the candles and do all the sexy stuff. I'll listen to his stories. There is nothing like spending time together in conversation in different enviornments and sharing random thoughts. He sees the world so different. It's quite intriguing how he explains ideas from his view. I guess I'm an "auditory girl".

Sally

I'm with you, Sally!! He doesn't need to be nekkid for me. (My mind's eye can take care of bidness). HOWEVER, I'd take a good ol' fashioned "ear feckin" by that deep, sultry, Scottish-burr-wielding Man any day of the week!! Thoughts of LISTENING to Gerry discuss anything -- muchless to be in a one-on-one conversation with him ... :thud:

Shamu

It just seems that Gerry gets over analyzed on everything he does these days. Who wants to be held accountable for every single word that comes out of their mouth. Would any of you? at work? at home? with friends? Gerry is just a guy doing his job, it just happens to be he's an actor and so much of himself is exposed to the public. If everything we all said and did was exposed to others I'm sure we all would be scrutinized greatly..maybe even locked up and the key tossed away. Maybe some of Gerry's fans need to step back and analyze themselves instead of him and try to figure out why they have to dissect him like they do...let the man live.

Edited by hotlips70

Amen Sistah Hotlips! :clap:

Whew, I shudder to think of being under half the strength of the microscope used on Gerry and his peccadillos!

Oh, and the intelligence of the man is a great turn on for me, too, Holl and Sally!

Sometimes listening to Gerry is a vocabulary lesson, and I've been accused of using some mighty big words at times myself. :funnyup:

I love that he's NOT another foul-mouthed (that's fowl-mouthed for you, Holly) shallow man! :wuv:

My question is why is this being picked apart and over analyzed? The original submission was translated from another language and things are most of the time "lost in translation". The fact is NO ONE on this site knows what was in his mind at the time just as no one knows what he's going through. No one knows except for Gerard Butler himself.

All of this is speculation and conjecture on the perceptions coming from a reporter. Can we say Hello, National SkinRag?

Then there's a debate stemming from once again on something based on perception dealing with Comic Con.

He is a human being.

He has the same insecurities and doubts as everyone else on the planet. The fact that he's in the public eye doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to conduct himself in a manner in which the general public is going to appreciate. This could very well be the "real" Gerard Butler. It's becoming obvious that not everyone can handle that fact. When you have enormous success come at you and sweep you up like a tidal wave, there are bound to be some defense mechanisms that immediately fall into place in order to keep one's core self intact.

It's called Self Preservation.

Okay, so he seemed cocky. So he seemed flippant. The fact is, he commanded that room and the people that were there were eating out of his hand from the morsels that he was giving out. Perhaps if there wasn't such a rabid reaction from said people, then he wouldn't feel the need to "perform" quite as much. The fact is, this is the man's living. This is what he's chosen to do as a profession. Not everyone is "on their game" during these times.

What suprises me time and time again is that people don't get the fact that their perception of what they think this person is like, doesn't necessarily mean that it's the reality of the person being scrutinized.

This thread, IMHO has become redundant. I'm going to exercise my own sense of self preservation and stay away from this thread so that my blood pressure doesn't skyrocket like it is at the moment.

Edited by Iliessa

I want him, as he is, anytime, anyplace.

All of you who don't find his behavior "acceptable", please move to the back of the line.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Have a nice day!

:p

Thanks for that Iliessa...I was needing a good read this afternoon...I just have one question...What do redundant mean? :bonk:

Posted Image

Edited by hotlips70

All of you who don't find his behavior "acceptable", please move to the back of the line.

Have a nice day!

I'll stay to the front...I like the Scotsman as is.

Have a nice day!

Amen!

You guys are all correct. Like I said before, and YES DAMMIT I'M GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN, I think part of why I ME ONLY try to figure him out so much is my way of trying to know him better. That's all. I have no issue with his "behavior"; in fact, I'm one who defended his actions during Comic Con, at the Elegy premiere, etc.

But you're right - maybe it's too much. Maybe I should keep my "analyzing" private, with others who desire to analyze him for a better understanding of who he is and just keep it to ourselves. I guess I was just trying to get a discussion going, and it blew up in my face. I just think there's way more to discuss about Gerry than how hot he is or how intelligent he is, etc. But that's just me. I ENJOY figuring people out.

But I agree - let the man live. I am always overjoyed when he feels that he can expose a little more of himself in interviews. He gives of himself as much as he can, and I'm grateful for whatever that is.

If I see that beating horse icon one more time, I'm going to explode.

Lisa (pushing Anna over for her place at the front of the line)

Edited by phoenixgirl

I think we need to remember that Gerry is a good actor. So when he gives these interviews, I think he gives a performance. Of course, there is a little bit of himself in there as well. I think Gerry likes to entertain in an interview. He has a quick wit & sometimes I think he does stick his foot in his mouth. I agree with the girls who would just like to talk with him. I love his thoughts on the making of his movies. His intelligence & sense of humor do it for me!

I think we need to remember that Gerry is a good actor. So when he gives these interviews, I think he gives a performance. Of course, there is a little bit of himself in there as well. I think Gerry likes to entertain in an interview. He has a quick wit & sometimes I think he does stick his foot in his mouth. I agree with the girls who would just like to talk with him. I love his thoughts on the making of his movies. His intelligence & sense of humor do it for me!

Of course we remember he's a WONDERFUL actor. However, I do not for one second think that Gerry is giving a performance in his interviews. Not one bit. I think that Gerry is a very open and honest person, and maybe too much at times.

I trust what he says until HE gives me reason to believe otherwise.

Lisa